Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.

Blank
Hello folks,

How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows?
The situation as follows:

I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph)
presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object  (Excel
Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band.
I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External)
fields: anytext, anynumeric
values: first, 1
           first, 2
           first, 3
            second, 1
            second, 2
            second, 3
I mapped OLE data as follows
Group by: anytext
Target Data: anytext
                    avg(anynumeric for object)
I used the next properties of OLE container
Contents: Any/Embedded/Linked
DisplayType: Content/Icon
Activation: DoubleClick
LinkUpdate: Automatic

In preview mode/runtime I get the blank screen, but datawindow has a data.
I do nothing special with datawindow after retrieve on runtime (no
PowerScript).
Can you show me mistake in my settings?

I tried a different datasources (SQL select/ SP / External), different OLE
(Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) - I get the blank screen anyway
without any errors.

I know by heart the Help unit of "OLE objects and the OLE presentation
style".
I can't find necessary information in the Internet/newsgroups/forums - seems
like nobody do that or everyone has no problems with it.

Please help - suggestions/links for resources.

Win2k/PB 6.5.1/PB 80
I can send source of datawindow if you'll request.
________________
With best regards,
Alex Kash
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
Mail2:Alex_Kash@mail.ru

-1
AlexBY

Please don't cross-post
(follow-ups set to ole-ocx-activex)

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"AlexBY" <alex_kash@mail.ru> wrote in message
> Blank
> Hello folks,
>
> How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows?
> The situation as follows:
>
> I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph)
> presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object  (Excel
> Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band.
> I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External)
> fields: anytext, anynumeric
> values: first, 1
>            first, 2
>            first, 3
>             second, 1
>             second, 2
>             second, 3
> I mapped OLE data as follows
> Group by: anytext
> Target Data: anytext
>                     avg(anynumeric for object)
> I used the next properties of OLE container
> Contents: Any/Embedded/Linked
> DisplayType: Content/Icon
> Activation: DoubleClick
> LinkUpdate: Automatic
>
> In preview mode/runtime I get the blank screen, but datawindow has a data.
> I do nothing special with datawindow after retrieve on runtime (no
> PowerScript).
> Can you show me mistake in my settings?
>
> I tried a different datasources (SQL select/ SP / External), different OLE
> (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) - I get the blank screen anyway
> without any errors.
>
> I know by heart the Help unit of "OLE objects and the OLE presentation
> style".
> I can't find necessary information in the Internet/newsgroups/forums -
seems
> like nobody do that or everyone has no problems with it.
>
> Please help - suggestions/links for resources.
>
> Win2k/PB 6.5.1/PB 80
> I can send source of datawindow if you'll request.
> ________________
> With best regards,
> Alex Kash
> *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
> Mail2:Alex_Kash@mail.ru

0
Simon

Datawindow as OLE (Microsoft Excel Chart) presentation style. Please help
BlankHello folks, I'm newbie in OLE. I need a datawindow of Microsoft Excel Chart presentation style. The datawindow is built on sp. At first I got the blank datawindow with created text labels, but datawindow had a data. (I had exported it into Excel worksheet.) When I removed text labels form datawindow, the datawindow stopped to retrieve data, I prompted with 'wrong number or type of arguments' message. What should I do for workable datawindow? Another one issue. How can I specify a series on 'Data' tab of datawindow properties. I have the next results...

Get data from ole object in ole datawindow
Could anybody tell me how to get data (like blob myblob = ole_1.objectdata) .But in my case is ole datawindow which has a column is ole object. I try to updateblob using data(bitmap in painbrush) from ole object in datawindow. Thanks. You don't need to use updateblob with ole column objects in datawindows, it is done automatically. Check out Table Blob objects in the online help for details (NB these are broken in builds of 7.0.2 after 8030, but mended in 7.0.3) S. -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 F...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with PFC. I'm trying to right Mail Merge like function in a system. Thus, we've to keep the merged document into history for later referece. I'm wondering the difference between OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object??? Can anyone give some ideas on the above and what is the usage of it?? On the other hand, I'm wondering whether I'm using the RTE dw object for mail merge and then save the whole content into a OLE Database blob column, or using OLE control to MS Word + using DDE to transfer the data to MS Word?? ...

using ms excel diagram as ole container in a datawindow
Hi, I want to use ms excel diagram as ole container in a datawindow, either as OLE presentation style or as OLE control inside the datawindow. Works fine for the first steps until I define the target data in the data tab of the properties dialog. The OLE shows always some sample data , never the data I've defined. If I preview the data an retrieve, nothing changes. Any tips? TIA Chris Werner ...

how to close down ole in OLE container?
Hi, I have a piece of code which opens a blob stored in the database as an OLE, in order to print it in the form of a word document. While the document is printed, MS word is activated, and the document is visible. The problem is that if I have a number of blobs to print, and I have the code (part of it reproduced below) in a loop, all the blobs open up as word documents. I need to add some processing which would enable the opened documents to close down. ole_1.objectdata = bl_object i_return = ole_1.Activate(offsite!) IF i_return = 0 THEN ole_1.object.application.wordbasic....

Please!!!! Using OLE in datawindow?????
--------------CA301789417DE3DB6C33F6E3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit HELP, how to use an OCX to display a JPG in a datawindow???? the syntax dw_1.object.ole_1.object.picture='articulo.jpg' not function but ole_1.object.picture='articulo.jpg' in a window function Ok. Why??? Gustavo Vaccaro gvaccaro@inea.com.ar --------------CA301789417DE3DB6C33F6E3 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <...

OLE Datawindow Presentation Style
I thought I asked this once, but cannot find it, so I apologize if I'm repeating myself. Has anybody actually used the OLE Datawindow Presentation style? I looked at it once when I thought I could simulate a mail merge with Word and again when I thought I could load a PDF to print it. The entire help consists of a few paragraphs and a short description of how to use bookmarks in Word. There is very little mentioned anywhere else. I'm just curious if anybody has found a purpose for this style, and what, if anything, could be done to make it useful. I'd really...

using excel ole in datawindow
I am an excel ole in my datawindow. I have two question, 1. How can I put data into the ole? I have tried dw_1.object.excel_object.object.application.cells(1,2).value = 1 but it doesn't work. 2. I want to save excel ole into an excel file with overwrite option. (now the system will popup a message box as me to confirm overwrite existing file or not, I don't want this happen) I am using dw_1.object.excel_object.object.SaveAs('c:\a.exl') Thanks! Ronald ...

OLE: How to save to a given format in excel using OLE
I could not figure out how to translate this Macro VB script from excel to PB OLE. Any suggestions? Thanks Sub Macro1() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\test1.xls", FileFormat:= xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False , CreateBackup:=False End Sub ...

Web resources about - Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help. - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Glamour (presentation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Today, glamour is the impression of attraction or fascination that a particularly luxurious or elegant appearance creates, an impression which ...

authorSTREAM App Brings PowerPoint Presentations To Facebook
PowerPoint presentations aren’t just for conference rooms anymore, as Facebook application authorSTREAM allows users to upload presentations ...

Facebook careers: ecosystem measurement manager, security program manager, presentation designer, more ...
... Other noteworthy jobs include a vertical client partner focused on fast-moving consumer goods, a manager of ecosystem measurement and a presentation ...

Lessonator: Create music slideshow presentations
Lessonator is a tool for creating beautiful music slideshow presentations on your Mac. It works like a mashup between Apple’s Keynote and Garageband, ...

Scripting News: Create a presentation in Fargo.
... move my whole act over there, but in the meantime, here's a pointer to my latest piece. http://dave.smallpict.com/2013/06/28/howToCreateAPresentationInFargo ...

How to Make a Powerful Sales Presentation
... about it? Using the simple C.F.B.I. model will help you do just that.After going through the B-CHUBS Needs How to Make a Powerful Sales Presentation ...

Presentation Skills - Körpersprache for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Presentation Skills - Körpersprache on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Chrome Beta v48 adds custom notification buttons, Presentation API support and more
... it some notable changes that will make developers' jobs much easier. New in the Chrome Beta version 48 update is support for the handy Presentation ...

Football Manager 2016 review: Presentation makes perfect
At one point it was all going smoothly. Inspired by Jurgen Klopp, my Liverpool team was playing a high-pressure, high-tempo game that even the ...

PowerPoint Presentation of the Darned
... PowerPoint deck from Jeb’s recent “Imma Tell My Mom, Dad and Big Brother You Were MEAN to Me” conference. There are 112 slides in the presentation. ...