Delphi ActiveX Hint Problem

Hi,

I have an AciveX control written in Delphi 6 which I use as an OLEControl in
PowerBuilder 8.0.3 build 9704. This control shows "hints" while the mouse
stays still over it. The problem is that PB crashes if I close the window
who contains the control while this "hint" is visible.
The error message I have is "Access violation... the memory could not be
read" and sometimes in the title of this error message I have the text of
the "hint".

Thanks in advance

0
Robert

ActiveX Problem (Delphi example)
I have an existing app controlling a product called Codesoft using a DDE interface. However, the new version of Codesoft no longer supports DDE but has gone to ActiveX. The only problem that I have is that they do not provide a .OCX file, so I don't know how to register this control. They have provided me with an example that someone did in Delphi (which I know nothing about). Can anyone explain to me what is going on in the example below and how to do the samething in PB? // CodeSoft Demo in Delphi 6 based on Visual Basic example from // C:\Program Files\CS6\Samples\...

Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup
Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup. This is a forum for discussion on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder. Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your development needs for enhancements and any other feedback. All posted messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information that is extremely valuable to other developers. This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not the purpose of this newsgroup service to allo...

Delphi XE6
I've had a disk crash and have had to rebuild my system. I have reinstalled Delphi XE6 and all my third party components without problem, except for one ActiveX. I use nBit Technologies HTMLed ActiveX component, I've imported through the Type Library option and it has installed on the Component Palette. However, when I try and place it on a form the IDE complains that the class is not registered. I know the ocx file is registered, but just to be sure I have used regsvr32 to register it again. The strange thing is that if I run a program that was compiled before I reinstalled XE6, it ...

problems using OLE Automation and ActiveX in PB 6
We are writing a PowerBuilder application that can be used as OLE Runtime Automation Server. We are using PowerBuilder 6.0 beta 3. We've built a 32-bit .pbd and made it a DLL ( OLE server ) We've used PowerBuilder sample program PBGENREG.PBL to generate .reg and .tlb (type library) files. We've installed PowerBuilder deployment on Windows NT 4.0 server and tried to register it with the system using "regsvr32.exe" program. We are getting an eror message: "C:\MyOLEServer.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. DllRegisterS...

Problems with Wang Image Edit ActiveX (OCX) Control!!!
Hi, We have a problem with Power++ version 2.0 and the Wang Image Edit Active Control. When we exit an application that contains an Object the machine does one of the following Under Windows 95. Constantly brings up a GPFin Kernel32, when you close the window up it comes again. Under Windows NT 4.0 From the desktop/expolorer it appears to work. While running under Power++ 2.0 upon exiting it stops at a breakpoint within NTDLL following the Call stack back you get as far as 'LdrUnloadDll'. As far as I can make out it appears that Power++, when it created the Image Edit...

Problem with activex...
Hi, I just downloaded a trail version of an office viewer [ for viewing office file form my site ] . I download it from here  ----> http://www.ocxt.com/ Now run this command ---- > aximp officeViewer.ocx /source that exeute me 3 files: AxOfficeViewer.dll   /   AxOfficeViewer.dll   /   AxOfficeViewer.cs Now I want to add this activex control to my site. What should I do to make it? Thanks, Gil.     Friend, Add the references to the dll into your required project. It is simple, just right click the project and click on ...

activex problem
Name: dkp Email: pouraimiatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: activex problem Comments: Hi, I used to working with firefox as a browser but I have a serious problem. I cannot use activex controls in firefox 2.0. So I cannot run a program that needs activex. Is there any scope for developing the plugin and fixing this bug? Please help me about this. Thank you Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

OCX/ActiveX
Can I use OCX/ActiveX with WebForms ? No, that is not a supported feature. They do work with Windows Forms however. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 10 Jul 2007 08:43:19 -0700, "Mohammad Alhabibi" <malhabibi@yalla.com> wrote: >Can I use OCX/ActiveX with WebForms ? > But Browser activex in Winform don't works. "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message news:40k7939bkbj0652duqhk48bo9trevvngsc@4ax.com... > No, that is not a supported feature. They do work with Windows Forms > however. > >...

OCX, ActiveX
Hi there. I�m looking for a component in which I can create a graph with two Y axes (2 different scales). The idea is to achieve something like excel does with one of its graph types (the "lines in two axes" one) but I don�t want to use excel like an ole object because its menu appears and this is an effect unwished for the application I�m working in. I hope to be clear regarding this issue and if somebody could help me I�d really appreciate it !!! Thanks in advance. C�sar Bernal Mapas y Datos S.A. These guys probably have something that will work for you:...

ActiveX Problem.
Hi: I have a web.pb application that I used the plug-in with under PB 6.5. I am upgrading to PowerBuilder 7.0.2 and I am also switching to IE 5.5 which no longer supports the plug-in. So I switched to using the ActiveX. My child window has several tabs on it. When I click on other tabs the tab is highlighted but the tab and it's controls still show the previous tab's controls. This only happens when the webserver has the PBD's and HTML page. I have a configuration where the HTML comes from one page and the PBD's from another and everything is fine. When the PB...

Using a Delphi-ActiveX-DLL in VB.Net: Problems with strings
(Please note: Yesterday I've already asked the same question in the German forum "Delphi-Praxis", see here: http://www.delphipraxis.net/167520-delphi-activex-dll-vbulletin-net-problem-mit-strings.html) Hi there, I'm trying to develop an ActiveX-DLL which can be used to import data from a server over the network via a special protocol. But since this will be my first ActiveX-DLL I wanted to start with a few, simple tests. So I created an ActiveX-library "testStr32" in Delphi, publishing an object "StringOps" with two methods: "ReverseStr" sh...

ActiveX, OCX
I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL as the library name. How can I use ActiveX and OCX objects for WinCE in PocketBuilder? rgds, SS ActiveX and OCX are not supported in PocketBuilder. <SS> wrote in message news:42eb46e3.449a.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have ActiveX and OCX resources built for Win32 that I need > to incorporate to WinCE in PocketBuilder. > I tried trough an external visual object but it asks for DLL > as the librar...

ActiveX Problem
Hi: I have a web.pb application that I used the plug-in with under PB 6.5. I am upgrading to PowerBuilder 7.0.2 and I am also switching to IE 5.5 which no longer supports the plug-in. So I switched to using the ActiveX. My child window has several tabs on it. When I click on other tabs the tab is highlighted but the tab and it's controls still show the previous tab's controls. This only happens when the webserver has the PBD's and HTML page. I have a configuration where the HTML comes from one page and the PBD's from another and everything is fine. When the PB...

ActiveX problem
Hi all. I've been trying for a short while to use the ActiveX control to view .psr reports using IE. I seem to have resolved all the problems posted so far - registering dll's etc - but when I load the page into a browser the report is not shown. The page is as follows... <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE> Migrate to Web Datawindow ActiveX </TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <H1> Load Department PSR </H1> <OBJECT ID="PSDWC1" WIDTH=570 HEIGHT=1020 CLASSID="CLSID:77771304-7777-1000-8000-080009AC61A9"> <PARA...

Web resources about - Delphi ActiveX Hint Problem - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

ActiveX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 1996 and is commonly used in its Windows operating system. In principle it is not dependent on Microsoft Windows, but in practice, most ActiveX ...

유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store on iTunes
Get 유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Activex - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Microsoft warns of Video ActiveX flaw; Vista unaffected
A new vulnerability has been found in ActiveX that affects users running …

South Korea looking to scrap ActiveX payment requirement bad news for Internet Explorer
In 1999, South Korea pushed a law that forced online vendors to adopt Microsoft ActiveX, in order to utilize the SEED cipher developed by the ...

ActiveX for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
The most downloaded ActiveX software, including Audio Capture ActiveX Control, VB Activex Controls (HVEE 2008), and Innobate Product Key Recovery ...

Microsoft offers patches to ward off ActiveX attacks
In rare out-of-cycle security update, Microsoft fixes hole that put IE users at risk of attacks via ActiveX and other controls. Read this article ...

RIM releases patch for buggy ActiveX control
Research In Motion has patched a piece of software for Windows PCs that could leave them vulnerable to attack when loading new applications onto ...

IE's new ActiveX vulnerability: drive-by exploiting msvidctl.dll
IE has a new ActiveX vulnerability, now being exploited by drive-by downloads: in msvidctl.dll. In IT Blogwatch, bloggers unpick fact from fiction. ...

Activex Articles on Engadget
Activex articles, stories, news and information.