Anyone have a XML Parser for PowerBuilder?

I am looking for an XML parser for PB.  Any example code would be helpfull.
I am using the MSXML.dll control ('Microsoft.XMLDOM').  I have code that can
create the object and load the xml file.  I also need to use the
'Microsoft.XMLHTTP' portion of the msxml.dll.  If you have used these I
would love some direction.  I have read the older postings from July and
they got me started.

Thanks in advance - Rudy

0
Rudy

Rudy,
As far as I know, nobody has "wrapped" an XML parser in PB...  Microsoft's
MSXML is easy to use as an OLEObject, but you have to keep flipping back to
their object model doc.

Did you download the July MSXML release?  http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml
There's a boatload of new functionality in there, including support for
XPath.  That lets you do things like SelectSingleNode() using a specific
"find" syntax string.  In that regard, it's nearly as powerful as dw.Find()
in Powerscript!

Paul Horan [TeamSybase]
Buffalo, NY

"Rudy Meyer" <RMeyer@Primavera.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for an XML parser for PB.  Any example code would be
helpfull.
> I am using the MSXML.dll control ('Microsoft.XMLDOM').  I have code that
can
> create the object and load the xml file.  I also need to use the
> 'Microsoft.XMLHTTP' portion of the msxml.dll.  If you have used these I
> would love some direction.  I have read the older postings from July and
> they got me started.
>
> Thanks in advance - Rudy

0
Paul

Can anyone provide an XML parser in PowerBuilder?
Hi, all. Can anyone can provide me an XML parser that I can use in PowerBuilder? Native PB code is best, ActiveX or dll with source code also accepted. Regards. Feng Feng, Get the MSXML parser from Micro$oft. http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml It registers as an ActiveX control, and you use it in PowerBuilder as an OLEObject. Paul Horan [TeamSybase] Buffalo, NY "Feng Zhu" <fzhu@sumerp.com> wrote in message news:KN3RC8pOAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, all. > > Can anyone can provide me an XML parser that I can use in PowerBuilder? &...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Hello: Anyone know where one can get a good xml parser for PB8. Looking Forward to hearing from you. Roberto; XML SDK 4.0 from Microsoft. Available free at MSDN. regards .. Chris <Roberto_Ballinas> wrote in message news:AEDB9D2B18E9A4D9002C6C0D85256C41.002C6C1E85256C41@webforums... > Hello: > > Anyone know where one can get a good xml parser for PB8. > > Looking Forward to hearing from you. ...

XML parser for PowerBuilder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEA685.F1783240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Has anyone created one or seen one for sale? I'd hate to have to reinvent the wheel... Chad Bradley ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEA685.F1783240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD> <META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Di...

XML Parser for PowerBuilder?
Anybody know if there is such a thing. Hi developer, I would search the internet for an OCX that can do this. You can use OCXs in PB.... -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 developer <nospam@firstam.com> schreef in berichtnieuws CEFCPlGL$GA.256@forums.sybase.com... > Anybody know if there is such a thing. > > ...

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

XML Parser for Powerbuilder #2
Hi! Is there an XML parser for PB 8 available somewhere? Jan Erik People have been using the MS COM object. Use groups.google.com and the Advanced search capabilities to search just this newsgroup for old messages on the topic. XML features have been announced for PB 8.5, although specifics haven't been announced, and I believe the time frame for 8.5 is 2002Q1 (I'm not quite sure if they announced 2002Q1 or 2001Q4 at TechWave). Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:23:01 +0200, "Jan Erik Hermansen" <jeh...

XML Parser for PowerBuilder? NT
Does such a thing exist? >Does such a thing exist? MS provides a free parser that you can use from PB. I've been playing with it just a bit - I'll post my sample code at the end of this message. It's quite rudimentary but getting started is the hardest part, and it accomplishes that. For further info on the ms xml parser, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/c-frame.htm#/xml/articles/beginner.asp and http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/c-frame.htm?948086161140#/xml/xmlguide/default.asp for starters. oleobject lole_dom lole_dom = create oleobject lon...

Recompile PowerBuilder applicarion as ActiveX or OCX
Is it possible to recompile an existing PowerBuilder 5 application as an ActiveX or OCX component that can then be embedded into a Visual Basic application. Basically I would like to reuse an existing PowerBuilder app (or at least sections of it) as part of a new application developed within VB so that it looks like and behaves like a single application. Many thanks Oliver See Application Techniques documentation for the topic "Runtime Automation Server" /ck <Oliver_Lennon> wrote in message news:575D3149D64D5D9F007CF8AE85256C6F.007CF8BE85256C6F@webforums....

Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup
Welcome to the OLE-OCX-ACTIVEX newsgroup. This is a forum for discussion on topics related to the usage of OLE, OCX and ACTIVEX with PowerBuilder. Feel free to post questions about the product, concerns about your development needs for enhancements and any other feedback. All posted messages will be in the public domain and may be republished on Powersoft's InfoBase CD ROM as well as on our WebSite in order to provide information that is extremely valuable to other developers. This is NOT Powersoft Technical Support and it is not the purpose of this newsgroup service to allo...

insert ActiveX
I want to use MSCOMM32.ocx in powerbuilder. First, run regsver32.exe to registor it. Then, I use powerbuilder to insert object by OLE. But messagebox show "ole file is failed, license file is required." I don't know how to registor it. Help me!!! regsvr32 MSCOMM32.ocx assuming you are in the directory that the file resides in. <Halina> wrote in message news:640181D0D99A3028002A452185256A7E.002A453285256A7E@webforums... > I want to use MSCOMM32.ocx in powerbuilder. First, run regsver32.exe to > registor it. Then, I use powerbuilder to insert object b...

PowerBuilder with SAX- XML Parser any idea?
Hi guys, I am using MSXML-parser to parse XML document with DOM technology. It is consuming a lot of memory, since document volume is high. Can I use SAX technology instead of DOM with PB..?. Through VB it is possible, but through PB can we use it directly or indirectly? I don't think so - not natively, anyway. I looked into this briefly a while ago. The SAX APIs need pointers to callback routines that fire when specific "events" occur in the processing of the incoming XML string. Since PB can't deal with that kind of argument, we went with MSXML and their imp...

XML parser using OLE automation
Roy Kiesler say me that I can use the Microsoft XML parser (http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml) using OLE automation to import an XML file in a table of a database for example : <COMPUTER> <SCREEN>c1</SCREEN> <KEYBORD>k1</KEYBOARD> </COMPUTER> here, c1 have to be inserted in the field intituled 'SCREEN' in the table intituled 'COMPUTER' and k1 have to be inserted in the field intituled 'KEYBOARD' in the table intituled 'COMPUTER' If someone has quite a few code examples on the subject, I'm interested ! ...

Web resources about - Anyone have a XML Parser for PowerBuilder? - sybase.ole-ocx-activex

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles