'Please don't cross-post.' - 'Re: MSN messenger integrated into pb apps'

1.  For those of us who peruse  these, it would be nice to indicate in what
group the question was answered.
2.  If it is posted in two places, would even be nicer if it was answered in
at least one place, instead of two
'Please don't cross-post.'  responses!

YMTCW

Ken Metz
Programmer/Analyst
Kansas City Power and Light

0
Ken

It's that kind of maintenance that we're trying to avoid.  The
solution to the issue is for people to stop cross-posting.

On 20 Jan 2005 13:50:56 -0800, "Ken Metz" <kenneth.metz@kcpl.com>
wrote:

>1.  For those of us who peruse  these, it would be nice to indicate in what
>group the question was answered.
>2.  If it is posted in two places, would even be nicer if it was answered in
>at least one place, instead of two
>'Please don't cross-post.'  responses!
>
>YMTCW
>
>Ken Metz
>Programmer/Analyst
>Kansas City Power and Light

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:

If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
to them from there.

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce

msn messenger integrated into pb apps
Hello, I am using pb 8.0 and would like to integrate msn messenger into my apps. Microsoft provides the API for this, but I would like to know if some one has implemented this API into power builder ? thanks fili sosa Please do not crosspost as it can result in unnecessary duplication of effort. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition and try out the market-leading database for mo...

MSN messenger integrated into pb apps
Hello, I am using pb 8.0 and would like to integrate msn messenger into my apps. Microsoft provides the API for this, but I would like to know if some one has implemented this API into power builder ? thanks fili sosa Please don't cross-post. On 19 Jan 2005 09:46:36 -0800, "Fili Sosa" <filisosa@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, >I am using pb 8.0 and would like to integrate >msn messenger into my apps. >Microsoft provides the API for this, but I would like >to know if some one has implemented this API into >power builder ? > >...

msn messenger integrated into pb apps #2
SORRY about the crosspost of this message. Here it goes again just to one group. ------------------------------------------------------- Hello, I am using pb 8.0 and would like to integrate msn messenger into my apps. Microsoft provides the API for this, but I would like to know if some one has implemented this API into power builder ? thanks fili sosa That would be a nice feature integration for PB 10.x or 11! "Fili Sosa" <filisosa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:41f04698$1@forums-2-dub... > SORRY about the crosspost of this message. Here it...

t/re/pat.t vs. t/re/pat_advanced.t
I just realized I do not know what the distinction is between these two test files. Why are there two, and what are the criteria for putting something in one versus the other? On 9 August 2012 21:39, Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> wrote: > I just realized I do not know what the distinction is between these two test > files. Why are there two, and what are the criteria for putting something > in one versus the other? pat.t was getting too big. So I split them into pieces more or less as reasonably as I could. IIRC I put the more tricky tests or featues i...

Just say NO! to [LWP]
Please don't add subject line tags such as this. The mail msgs already come with plenty of info in the mail header for filtering, and tampering with subject lines just makes the real subject of the message that much harder to read... -- Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden@cas.org><http://www.usenix.org/events/tcl2k/> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/> <*> O- Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should be construed as representing my employer's opinions. -><- ...

how can i use powerbuilder to develop an activex/ole/ocx? help me please!!!
Please do not cross-post. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "tadsun" <tadsun@163.com> wrote in message news:jIQ8Mt7BCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

RE: Re: t/io/open.t and t/io/openpid.t with _60 on VMS
What does the stable release do to get around this problem that the development release does not? > -----Original Message----- > From: Craig A. Berry [mailto:craig.berry@metamorgs.com] > Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 5:08 PM > To: vmsperl@perl.org > Subject: Fwd: Re: t/io/open.t and t/io/openpid.t with _60 on VMS > > > Are these the tests everyone's talking about? If so, the > problem only > affects the development release, not 5.005_0x. On the > development release > it does in fact hang the test harness, and I don't think ...

PB window.ocx.... hosting PB app question.
I would like to know if it is possible for a PB application running thru the PB window OCX on a browser to attach to a local database as well as a server database??? In other words can a PB app running this way have part of its data stored on a local database and part on a database on the server??? I would like to know also if anyone has experience presenting a simple PB using the window OCX vs. a situation like hosting a PB app on a server and presenting it using Citrix? Thanks!! OK I see that you connect to local database using the window OCX plug in, this is ideal. The ...

Warning from t/re/re.t
Following commit ca67da414cee8e3361276f1f6268ca488126da08, t/re/re.t is producing the following warning: t/re/re........................................................Illegal octal digit '8' ignored at re/re.t line 65. ok I don't know if there is an appropriate 'no warnings ...' directive for this, or if a __WARN__ handler should be used. --------------090709050702000307080704 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Jerry D. Hedden wrote: > Following commit ca67da414cee8e3361276f1f6268ca488126da08, t/...

Re: [LWP] Re: Use accurate subject description in your posts please...
>YES! > >I agree, also [LWP] automatically in the subject line Agreed. This can't be too hard to implement. (Also has anyone considered the merits of moving the list to egroups.com? We would gain features such as voting and calendars...) Regards, M. > >would help us locate this forum in the hundreds of > >e-mails that some of us get each day. Other forums >do it, and we should too. (IMHO) >-JB > > >> Xavier GROSJEAN wrote: >> > >> Excuse this out of topic message, >> but I would ask people posting...

Re: Re: Re: Re: cross cluster read fails
--Boundary_(ID_HDBIpKP7HBB79jluGvYvuw) Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-transfer-encoding: 8BIT Content-disposition: inline �Hi Alan One more thing before we go further :) I wrote a simple perl script that accepts a file name, prints it out, opens the file (dies if open unsuccessful or prints �open successful�) 1>I passed my local directory filename, it prints �open successful� 2> Now I just add �abcd::� in front of it, and the perl script fails with Remote node is unknown D...

Return charater causes DW update error and PB crash (re-post from the pb.general group)
Hi All PB 10.0.1, MSSQLServer 2000 We've got a field (defined as Char) that takes standard input... included in this is the odd carriage return (though we've got triggers preventing saving of said bad character).. When this was running with PB 8, the save went through without issue... As soon as app was migrated to PB 10 (no change in back end with migration to 10), the save started blowing up (cannot insert NULL error, even though we can see the value in the insert/update statement... only weird part is that in both the error msg and a DB Trace, the return key...

Security issue with MSN messenger
Hi! I live in europe. When i try to transfere a file or have a text-chat or video conference in MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger to my neigbour across the street connected to the same ISP I see some scary result from my network monitor. I started first out thinking why it is a delay on 5 seconds on the webcam, when both of us has 1mbit internett connection and that it is two hops in trace route between each other. I used netstat i Windows XP. Then i used a tool called Netlimiter and found out that netstat lies about the connections i have established on my computer. I found ...

Security issue with MSN messenger
Hi! I live in europe. When i try to transfere a file or have a text-chat or video conference in MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger to my neigbour across the street connected to the same ISP I see some scary result from my network monitor. I started first out thinking why it is a delay on 5 seconds on the webcam, when both of us has 1mbit internett connection and that it is two hops in trace route between each other. I used netstat i Windows XP. Then i used a tool called Netlimiter and found out that netstat lies about the connections i have established on my computer. I found ...

Drag documents to a PB App from a non-PB App?
PB 10.5 This would be like 'dragging' an email from Outlook into PB (onto a datawindow?). Something the users would like. Which is to say, the document itself would be saved to a specific folder, and that information saved to the database. Currently they save the email to the desktop, then in PB, GetFileOpenName() is called to select the document, then the document is saved to a different folder determined by the app, .... and the doc name is listed on a datawindow. The users would like to just 'drag' the document into the app. Any way to do this? KL ...

Web resources about - 'Please don't cross-post.' - 'Re: MSN messenger integrated into pb apps' - sybase.ole-ocx-activex