Connecting to Jaguar CTS

I have installed Jaguar CTS 1.1 for NT on my machine.  I looked at the
srv.log and things look fine.  When I try to access Jaguar using
the URL 'http://localhost:8080' from Netscape Navigator 3.01 I get an
error saying that "peer has reset connections".  I've stuck to the
defaults with port 8080 as the HTTP port for Jaguar.  Does anybody have
any idea as to what could be the problem?

Also, is there some other way to "talk" to jaguar, at this point, to see
if the server will respond.
0
Your
10/29/1997 11:33:37 PM
sybase.jaguar.cts 978 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try connecting via Jaguar Manager. Connect to port 7878,
jagadmin as the user with no password.

The log files gets created in the %JAGUAR%\bin directory. That might
tell you something..

--suresh

Your Name wrote:

> I have installed Jaguar CTS 1.1 for NT on my machine.  I looked at the
> srv.log and things look fine.  When I try to access Jaguar using
> the URL 'http://localhost:8080' from Netscape Navigator 3.01 I get an
> error saying that "peer has reset connections".  I've stuck to the
> defaults with port 8080 as the HTTP port for Jaguar.  Does anybody have
> any idea as to what could be the problem?
>
> Also, is there some other way to "talk" to jaguar, at this point, to see
> if the server will respond.

Suresh

Can not install Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 over Jaguar CTS 3.5
I have Jaguar CTS 3.5 installed on my computer. When I try to install Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 (which came with the same package for PowerBuilder 7.0), I got message: Installation detects Jaguar CTS 3.5 or Jaguar CTS 3.6 is not installed on this machine. Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 Update need Jaguar CTS 3.5 or Jaguar CTS 3.6 to be installed first. I reinstalled Jaguar CTS 3.5, but got the same message again when try to install Jaguar CTS 3.6.1. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Boris Levy wrote: >I have Jaguar CTS 3.5 installed...

when modifying Jaguar CTS's passwd and configuring cluster, Jaguar CTS is dead
Hi, see object. enviroment : NT SP4,EAS3.01. This is a known issue in our sample application, please uninstall the sample service by modifying %JAGUAR%\Repository\Server\Jaguar.props com.sybase.jaguar.server.services= Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division luchuan wrote in message <37C09E48.D33DC949@89.0.0.16>... >Hi, > see object. > enviroment : NT SP4,EAS3.01. > ...

Jaguar CTS connection
Hi, I try to connect Jaguar CTS to SQL Server via ODBC. ODBC connects successfully but then I create Connection Cache on Jaguar server and ping it I've got on log file this message: Jan 31 18:36:25 2001: Unable to allocate the connection structure. Jan 31 18:36:25 2001: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: - 993426502, SQLState: 00000, . Have somebody ideas for me? Thanks for your help, Michael What version of ODBC and what build of EAServer. If you are using ODBC 3.52 or higher you need to have EBF C4 of EAserver 3.5 as a minimum. On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:45:4...

Connection to Jaguar CTS
I have a Powerbuilder 7.0 client app that uses Jag components. I use connection.connecTotServer() object to make a connection. In a situation where the Jaguar server is not available for whatever reason, it seems like it takes a very long time to figure out that it cannot establish a connection. When there is a valid Jaguar server, it is very fast to connect. I was wondering if there is anything I can do so that this "detection" can be faster? Thanks Nick Yes there are connection options such as retry and time to wait between retries Check the jaguar documentation ...

CUSTOMIZER BEAN , Jaguar CTS and Jaguar Manager
CUSTOMIZER BEAN , Jaguar CTS 1.1.1. and Jaguar Manager With PowerJ 2.1, I try to make a serverBean component for Jaguar CTS 1.1.1., and all functions as I desire. Now, I do not arrive to make a CUSTOMIZER BEAN on my serverBean ?? Is it possible ?? Thank you of your help. ...

Jaguar CTS connection cache ??
Dear all: The Jaguar CTS connection cache could be setup the timeout property?? The Jaguar CTS instance pool could be setup the maximum instance number?? The Jaguar CTS 3.5 could support the automatic failover truely? How about with the stateful and stateless object work on automatic failover?? Thanks a lot. saul > The Jaguar CTS connection cache could be setup the timeout > property?? No. > The Jaguar CTS instance pool could be setup the maximum > instance number?? ...

Jaguar CTS Server Connection
I am using Jaguar server 3.5. How can I run Jaguar server on one PC and Manage it using Jaguar Manager from another PC? Both PC's are NT workstation 4.0 and are on the same office network. Regards, Atul Choudhary achoudr@cvps.com Look in the %JAGUAR%/client directory of your jaguar server. There's an install exe there called JagClient.exe. You can run that on the client machine and install Jaguar Manager. Since your client machine is NT, you should have no problems. Windows 95 machines require some futzing around with some of the batch files. atul Choudhar...

Connection caching on jaguar cts
I am using a Jaguar CTS connection cache in my jaguar component. As described in "PowerBuilder Application Techniques" I perform CONNECT in the activate() event and DISCONNECT in the deactive() event. The component works terribly slow, it seems, that the connection caching does not work: Tracing the odbc-api calls shows that the jaguar server performs SQLConnect() and SQLDisconnect() to the database instead of caching the connection. What might be wrong ? On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:53:20 +0100, Manfred Huber <Manfred.Huber@voest.co.at> wrote: > >I am using a Jag...

PD-Jaguar CTS Connection
Anybody know How to connect PD with Jaguar CTS. I tried to connect it from "Add connection" folder in PD. But I could't not make connection. What is the proble. Please guide me Thanks Samir ...

Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1
Hello all, I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used (Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it do...

Jaguar CTS 3.0 Prob connecting to oracle via connection cache
Oracle 7.3 Instance TLO1 Alias TLO1 Connection Cache settings Cache Name oracle_tlo1 Description TLO1 - Temp Live Oracle Enable cache by name access No Enable connection sanity check Yes No of connections in cache 10 Service Name <nothing> Database Connection Server TLO1 User com Password xxx Driver ociw32.dll OCI 7.x When I ping the connection it fails with.. Ping of oracle_tlo1 OCI_7 Con...

Jaguar CTS
I have windows 98. I know I can install Jaguar CTS only in Windows NT. Is there any way to install Jaguar in Win 98. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot. The only thing you can install is the Jaguar Manager. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Team Sybase Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training http://www.dyn-data.com Susan Modak wrote in message ... >I have windows 98. I know I can install Jaguar CTS only in Windows NT. Is >there any way to install Jaguar in Win 98. Any h...

Monitoring client connections to Jaguar CTS
We are developing an application using Powerbuilder 7 clients and Powerbuilder 7 NVOs running on a Jaguar server. We would like to write a Jaguar service component to monitor client connections to the Jaguar server. The purpose of this component is to detect when a client connection is terminated for an unexpected reason (ie power failure, fatal exception etc) and clear up any locks that the client has left in the database. In distributed powerbuilder I could have used GetServerInfo to get a list of current connections. Is it possible to do something similar in Jaguar ? I can se...

Jaguar-to-Jaguar
I am trying to make one Jaguar component (COMP1) to connect to another component (COMP2) through proxy (as it was a regular PB client). Connect and create instance works fine. When I try to activate a COMP2 (which is a standard component), I get the following error: SRVLIB Message: 16253/10/0: srv_thread_props(): property SRV_T_PWD not valid for service thread. THe script of activate function is as follows: String ls_com_name IF this.GetContextService ( "ErrorLogging", iel ) <> 1 THEN // Can't log a message return -1 END IF this.of_...

Web resources about - Connecting to Jaguar CTS - sybase.jaguar.cts

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...