Proxy table mapping an ASE Table

Hi

I try to create an IX proxy tablwe wich mapps a ASE table.
I created an remote server with JDBC class bur when I try to
do a connection I receive the following error message:

1> forward to remoteServer sp_who
2> go
Msg 11206, Level 16, State 0:
ASA Error -656: Unable to connect to server 'remoteServer':
No suitable driver
(1 row affected)

What is wrong ? Thanks in advance for any hints.
0
Konstantin
8/2/2005 1:35:55 PM
sybase.iq 1656 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Proxy table ASE
Hi, I'm trying to insert 600000 rows from sybase IQ (linux) into a proxy table in sybase ASE (windows NT), but it takes over 15 minutes. I've also done the same select in the IQ table, and the performance seems to be quite good, it took something like 10 seconds. But when I make a insert from IQ into a ASE proxy table with 600000 rows (and something like 30 columns) it took like 15 minutes to finish. Is this normal? There is anything I can do to improve IQ performance (something to be configured?)? Thanks in advance Roseli ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreade...

Tables?! Why Tables?!
Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.  Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?  www.internetgeeks.co.ukwww.norwichbookclub.co.uk You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of th...

problem with proxy table of ASe to IQ
I try to create a proxy table in an ASE pointing to a table in IQ, all teh set ups are Ok, iq server is known in ASE: connect to iq_server sp_iqwho works well disconnect from iq_server Exited passthru mode from server 'stckrec'. When I create the follwoing proxy table it fails with following mesage: CREATE EXISTING TABLE IQ_StockRecordRaw( C1 varchar(1000)) EXTERNAL TABLE at "iq_server.iqdb.dbo.StockrecordRaw" go Msg 11216, Level 16, State 13: Server 'SRV15', Line 1: Internal Ct-Lib/Cs-Lib error 67241508: 'ct_send(): protocol specific layer: intern...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

Proxy Tables in Table Last
In IM10.5 When I look at my list of tables when making a new query or report, I cannot see tables that are proxy tables. Am I missing a setting somewhere to let me see these? TIA ...

creation of proxy tables in IQ with remote ASE server
Hi, i want to create proxy tables in sybase IQ 12.6 windows with respect to sybase ASE 15.0.2 linux i create ASE remote server in IQ with the help of sybase central when i execute the following script in iq , create existing table <table_name>_proxy at '<remote ASE server>.<iq server>.<table_name>' i am getting error that remote ASE server name not found. thanks, sachin I believe the syntax of your statement is wrong. Qualify the remote ASE table by: at '<remote_ASE_server>.<ASE_dbname>.<ASE_...

Creating proxy table IQ to ASE
I have set the environment variables JDBC_HOME=C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\jConnect-5_5 CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JDBC_HOME%\classes\jconn2.jar This is what I have entered in IQ isql - connected with jconnect 5 create server ase_proxy_server class 'asejdbc' using 'dbtest:5000/dbtst'; create existing table proxy_stock_trade at 'ase_proxy_server.dbtst.dbo.STOCK_TRADE'; I keep getting error ASA error -656 no suitable driver. Any suggestions? ...

Insert Into IQ Table from a Table in sysytem within IQ (ASA)
Hi I'm using IQ12.0.3 on SUN and trying to run: "insert into T1 select * from T2" where T1 and T2 are the same but T1 is an IQ Table and T2 is a table in the system (ASA) within IQ. I'm getting error code: Error at line 1 IQ Internal error. Please ... -(df_Heap.cxx 976) Works OK for me, if you are having issues I would suggest taking the server up to the current release 12.0.3.1 with EBF 2. Upgrading is the easiest Sybase upgrade I have done. Install the product, start your database and run the upgrasiq.sql script. Rgds Matt Eli Saadi &...

Identify normal table and proxy table
Hi All, How to know how many normal tables and proxy tables available in a database? I am using sybase 12.0 & sybase 12.5.3. Grab a copy of the "ASE Reference Manual : Tables" manual. This contains a brief description of the various system tables and some of their type and status values. Take a look at the entries in sysobjects and sysattributes for tables you know are local or proxy; in particular look at the values in the various type and status columns. You may also be able to use (non)existent textual values in various sysattributes' character columns...

Proxy tables
I am trying to use proxy tables in a 6.0.3 environment. I've run the following statements successfully from my machine on a local db: CREATE SERVER 'ptest' CLASS 'ASAODBC' USING 'mydsn'; CREATE EXISTING TABLE table1p at 'ptest...table1'; This works fine. Now, a co-worker tries to do this on his machine against his database and gets the following error when executing the CREATE EXISTING TABLE statement on his db: 'Java virtual machine could not be started' So, I decide to try to connect to his db and try it myself, issuing the e...

Proxy tables performing table scan
Hi, I have a query using 2 proxy tables, when I run the query the showplan shows Table Scan over the 2 proxy tables, when I run it in the remote database directly, the showplan shows Index Scan over the 2 tables. (WinXP - ASAny 8.0.3.5426) Thanks! The software is working correctly. SQL Anywhere has no knowledge of what access plan the underlying DBMS will use to execute its particular portion of the original SQL statement. Proxy tables that appear in the plan are largely placeholders that represent a separate SELECT issued to the underlying DBMS, and are always re...

alter table of table A causes trigger on table B accesseng table A to fail
hi, i recently faced a strange problem, i have two tables, table A and table B table A has a update trigger which updates data in table B. i altered table B to add two more columns. after which when i updated table A(modifying 1 row), my tran log got full. there was a threshold proc which got fired but it did'nt help much. i though the tables had been corrupted. ran dbcc tablealloc on syslogs, table A, table B, no errors. Just to be sure I ran a dbcc checkdb, checkalloc and checkcatalog - no errors i recreated the trigger - no use. dropped the trigger. updated the table it ...

Proxy tables between ASE 11.5.1 and ASE 12
Hi everybody We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? Thanks a lot. Roberto Espitia wrote: > We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE > 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. > Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 > referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? It should work....

local temporary table joins to proxy tables
We have 8.0.1 and were at build less than 3036. I went to 3036 and encountered a problem and then when to 3041 and the problem remained. In a procedure I build several local temporary tables with rows from various proxy tables. At the end of the procedure, I have a select statement that joins the temporary tables with two other proxy tables. This was working fine, until 3036. After installing 3036, the procedure ran fine the first time, but on the second execution of the procedure, the final select statement would cause dbsrv8 start consuming 98% of the CPU and never seemed to fini...

Web resources about - Proxy table mapping an ASE Table - sybase.iq

Information mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information Mapping is a technique that divides and labels information to facilitate comprehension, use, and recall. It was originally developed ...

Business Mapping API
If your business operates multiple apps, the Business Mapping API lets you map the same person's user ID across them.

US Census Bureau Adds Mapping Application on Facebook
The U.S. Census Bureau is launching a huge nationwide campaign incorporating social media, broadcast media and print to encourage people to fill ...

Mobile Developer (Android), HERE Crowd Mapping at HERE, a Nokia business in Frankfurt , Schwalbach or ...
The Community Mapping product team in the HERE Core Platform Group (CPG) is looking for a passionate and experienced mobile app developer to ...

iMindQ (mind mapping) - Brainstorming app on the App Store on iTunes
Get iMindQ (mind mapping) - Brainstorming app on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Claims of a cover-up and millions wasted in NSW native vegetation mapping saga
A bitter row over how to map NSW's precious natural habitat has split the state's environment ministry, prompting accusations of millions of ...

Losing the plot: how native vegetation mapping went feral
A simmering dispute over native vegetation mapping in NSW is set to come a head this year as the Baird government prepares to overhaul its biodiversity ...

Audi, BMW, Daimler close on Nokia's mapping business
... BMW , Mercedes-Benz , Technology With regulatory approval obtained, a coalition made up of Audi, BMW, and Daimler has taken over the HERE mapping ...

Interactive Mapping Tool Shows Effects Of Volkswagen Diesel Scandal In California
An interactive mapping tool shows the effects of the Volkswagen diesel scandal on populations across California. The interactive map suggests ...

New metabolic mapping reveals how the human brain is connected
The quest to understand ourselves by modeling the human brain continues this week with news from Germany, where a team of researchers discovered ...