Masive storage process from ASE 11.5 to IQ 11.5 on NT !!!

Hi !!!

I must move all the data weekly, from ASE 11.5 to IQ 11.5 on NT, but I do
not know which is the best way of do it...my idea is to send a process than
insert all the information from ASE to IQ, an after all the infromation is
on IQ delete the trasmited information form de ASE, now, what I do not know
is how to manage the transactions in case of some error on the process, how
to rollback all if something hapen, I know than IQ do not support Begin
Tran, but I think than must exist a way to do it..................

somebody do this before????
some idea....

Thank's
Juan Paredes

0
Juan
8/12/1998 6:32:51 PM
sybase.iq 1656 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1
I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver. I have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list. It works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine. Is there a compatibility issue? Thank you for your time. Dax daj@abmdata.com What do you mean by 'having trouble'? Are you getting error messages? If so, what error messages? Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog? Is the dump command hanging? not completing? What is the actual dump command that you're using? Does the target tape/director...

rep solaris ase 11.5.1 to nt ase 11.5/11.51
Help! I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase 11.5 or 11.5.1 on nt on intel. Could you answer the following: 1) To move the initial data I would like to load the dump data from the Solaris server to Windows nt server. Can this be done? 2) Do my device definitions on the Nt side need to duplicate those on the Solaris side. 3) The repserver is on Solaris as well. I only have 11.5 on nt can get ase 11.5.1 on nt. Is this an issue. Do I need repserver on nt? Any known traps? george wrote: > Help! > > I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase...

Difference between IQ 11.0,11.1,11.2 and 11.5
PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and 11.5. Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch available for this? Thanks Shashi Kanth shashi@systemlogic.com ...

Difference between IQ 11.0,11.1,11.2 and 11.5
PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and 11.5. Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch available for this? Thanks Shashi Kanth shashi@systemlogic.com I have never used PowerDesignor WA 6.0 so I'm not sure what a .def file is, but I hope the following answers your questions. The are a lot of differences between the various versions of IQ, but each new version of IQ supports a superset of the previous version's syntax. So all iq commands found in 11....

Upgrading ASE for NT 11.5 to 11.5.1 and OpenClient upgrades
Hello, First, how do I get the upgrade kit to upgrade ASE for NT from 11.5 to 11.5.1? Second, does the above upgrade kit also upgrade the OpenClient libraries? I found the "EBF" files on the Sybase web site. Specifically, EBF7786.zip, which has lots of fixes for OpenClient & OpenServer 11.1.1. And EBF8015.zip, which has fixes for ASE 11.5.0. I tried applying EBF8015.zip, but when I tried to starting the server, I got the following error: The procedure entry point uniconv_unistreamToS could not be located in the dynamic link library libunic.dll. Fortunatel...

Connection between IQ 11.5 and ASE 11.9.2
Hi all, I have customer who tries from IQ 11.5 (on Windows NT4) to load datas from ASE 11.9.2 (on Unix platform) but nothing happens,no errors in the errorlog of ASE 11.9.2 or in the errorlog of IQ ...!!!From isql it works fine. It used to work before . Thank you for your help . Thomas. ...

Migration from ASE 11.5 NCR to ASE 11.5 SUN
Hi everybody. I have a question about the migration from ASE 11.5 on NCR to ASE 11.5 on SUN Solaris 2.6. My question is, how can I do the data migration without the use of bcps and DBArtisan? Exists another tool that leave me migrate the data more easy? Thanks, mpacheco@banrural.com.gt wrote... > Hi everybody. > > I have a question about the migration from ASE 11.5 on NCR to ASE 11.5 on > SUN Solaris 2.6. > > My question is, how can I do the data migration without the use of bcps and > DBArtisan? Exists another tool that leave me migrate the data ...

Upgrading ASE 11.5(repsrv 11.5.1) to 11.92 on solaris
Hi Sybase Rep Guru's, I want to upgrade my Sybase ASE from 11.5on Sub Solaris 2.6/2.7 to 11.9.2 for bettar performace and stablitiy. We are Replicating our database to a reporting server. When I upgrade My ASE to 11.9.2 will there be any problems with the rep server being 11.5.1 are there any known problems or incompatibilities. Please Help Me Thanks in Advance Balaji ...

NT 11.5 backups on Unix 11.5
I have an NT machine running Sybase 11.5 and a Unix machine running Sybase 11.5. Can I dump the NT databases to the tape on the UNIX machine? Will I be able to restore easily? Thanks for any help. Connie Felt wrote: > > I have an NT machine running Sybase 11.5 and a Unix machine running Sybase > 11.5. Can I dump the NT databases to the tape on the UNIX machine? Will I > be able to restore easily? Thanks for any help. Yes, you can do remote Sybase backups from NT to Unix. Apart from the Commands Reference manual, there is also a document online covering this...

Converting NT 11.5 ASE to a Solaris 12.5 ASE
We are trying to migrate a server running on Windows NT to a Solaris machine. The NT box is running ASE 11.5 and the Solaris box is running 12.5. So far, the only way we have came up with to migrate the data is bcp. The problem is we estimate this to be probably about a 6-7 hour process. Our shop runs 24*7*365 and unfortunately downtime is not something we get. In the past when we have migrated servers, we have used warm-standby which has worked really nicely. But in this case we can't run dump and load to populate the database. Has anyone been able to migrate an NT box to a...

ASE 11.5.0 Upgrade to 11.5.1
This seems to be missing! Can anyone help me? There doesn't seem to be an update available from the Sybase web site. I only see the following ebf's: EBF 7830 - Updates from 11.5 to 11.5.0 EBF 8308 - Updates 11.5.1 only EBF 8511 - Updates 11.5.1 to 11.5.1.1 Seems to be missing an EBF to upgrade from 11.5.0 to 11.5.1? Can anyone help on this problem! TIA This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms28C06C4B59410586464C30D5 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------D7FD71AC228D514D4F773079" This is a multi-part mess...

question about 11.5 vrs 11.5.1 in NT
does ase 11.5.1 for nt is more stable than 11.5 for nt?? or 11.5.1 have less problems than 11.5?? Does anyone saw any change in performance or in problems with 11.5.1?? TIA Juan Alvarado ...

OpenSuSE 11.4 -> 11.5 with myaql upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5
Hi! I have upgraded my OpenSuSE-11.4 to 12.1 which includes an upgrade of my mysql from 5.1 to 5.5 and I have made a big mistake and not made an mysqldump of my database. Unfortunately now my mysql isn't starting and I get the message: 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.5 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: highe...

Problem with RS 11.5.1 and ASE 11.5.1
I'm having several problems with RS. The Replication System has 2 ASE (one 11.9.2 and one 11.5.1) and one RS 11.5.1. This should be a bidirectional system. But when I try to replicate from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 with text fields it gives me the following error: ERROR #5150 DSI EXEC(104(1) PORTAL_GF.portal) - /dsiexec.c(2626) Function 'rs_get_textptr' for 'HUMANED_GF' returned multiple rows. I can't understand this because I have a primary key. I also have the following problem when the RS starts: ERROR #28049 DSI(104 PORTAL_GF.portal) - sub_rsts.c(445) ...

Web resources about - Masive storage process from ASE 11.5 to IQ 11.5 on NT !!! - sybase.iq

Electronic Delay Storage Automatic Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The machine, having been inspired by John von Neumann 's seminal First Draft of a Report on the EDVAC , was constructed by Maurice Wilkes and ...

Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: DepoMed, Gap, Intel, IBM, Nimble Storage, Workday and Many More
Stocks were indicated higher again on Friday after a small breather on Thursday. Investors just keep showing over and over that they want to ...

Google Photos update helps free up precious phone storage
Running out of storage space on a phone is a major pain point that affects millions of Android users across the world. Google understands that, ...

Google Photos will now help free up storage space on Android phones
When you look at the storage breakdown on your mobile device, chances are good that your photos take up a bulk of space on your hard drive. It ...

Nimble Storage is getting destroyed
Nimble Storage's stock is getting pounded on Friday, and it's taking newly public Pure Storage down with it. Nimble reported its Q3 after the ...

Remaking Old Coal Plant Into Energy Storage Facility
Four companies have taken on the challenge of repurposing an old coal plant into a 2MW battery-based energy storage facility for grid support ...

IDG Contributor Network: A latency-killing, cloud storage network is coming to a city near you
There have been a lot of innovations in enterprise storage in recent years and months much of it focused on driving storage to the public cloud ...

New energy storage deployments in major Asia Pacific markets expected to total nearly 37GW from 2015-2025 ...
While system costs remain one of the largest hurdles to the energy storage industry's growth, declining prices are helping to move the technology ...

ClusterHQ Bringing Storage Smarts to Docker Containers
VIDEO: ClusterHQ CEO Mark Davis discusses the Docker storage opportunity and how his company's open-source Flocker technology fits in.

Alphabet Inc. Spends Cloud Storage to Put Pressure on Yelp Inc.
Google tries to challenge Yelp (again), this time by giving away a terabyte of free cloud storage to prolific reviewers.