IQ Crashing when Join Indexes Implemented

We are currently evaluating Sybase Adaptive Server IQ 12.4.0 on NT 4.0
(SP5).
After submitting a semi complex query (see below), the IQ server crashes
with the following error:

asiqsrv12.exe
exception:  access access violation (0xc0000005),
address: 0x00000000

Then, the "Interactive SQL" utility generates this message:
error at line 1
communication error

The NT Event Viewer shows only one message:
"performance counters opened."
eventid: 1
source:  perfpd
type:  information

We would appreciate any feedback from those who have experienced this
error and
any possible fixes.

Additional information:
Join indexes are being used.

Other queries work fine with quick response.

Sometimes the problematic query returns just the column headings,
but nothing else (no IQ server crash).

Other times the problematic query finishes but with slow response (only
1 in 10 tries or so).

Query sample:

SELECT c.class_id, SUM(quantity)
  FROM snow.class c, snow.product_style s,
       snow.product_item i, snow.item_sales ds
  WHERE c.class_id='1100'
  AND c.class_id = s.class_id
  AND c.department_id = s.department_id
  AND s.style_id = i.style_id
  AND i.product_dim_id = ds.product_dim_id
  GROUP BY c.class_id;

0
TCL
12/3/1999 12:17:21 AM
sybase.iq 1656 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Using Java class in IQ causes IQ to crash
Hello, I am trying to use the Java in database feature of Sybase IQ. I have written a simple Java program which returns the value of the argument - 1: ---------------------------------------------- public class Test { public static int test(int arg) { return arg - 1; } } ---------------------------------------------- It is OK to use this class by passing a numeric value to it directly, and the return value is correct: select Test.test(5) But if using this class by passing a numeric column of a table to it, IQ will immediately crash without any message: select...

Using Java class in IQ causes IQ to crash
Hello, I am trying to use the Java in database feature of Sybase IQ. I have written a simple Java program which returns the value of the argument - 1: ---------------------------------------------- public class Test { public static int test(int arg) { return arg - 1; } } ---------------------------------------------- It is OK to use this class by passing a numeric value to it directly, and the return value is correct: select Test.test(5) But if using this class by passing a numeric column of a table to it, IQ will immediately crash without any message: select...

IQ ROLAP / IQ without a server OLAP
Hi All, My customer would like to know if Sybase IQ supports, and especially how it involve when it is used like a ROLAP. He wants to know if IQ can be manage directly via requests generated by MDX, without passing by a third (a server OLAP which generate the cube multi-dimentionnel with the IQ data). In short, he wants to use IQ as a multi-dimentionnel database with requests made for a cube multudimension. He wants to know if it is possible to do it without a server OLAP then the generation of intermediate cube. Thanks in advance, Claude not sure what you mean by 'ma...

When should we rebuild indexes on IQ
Sybase IQ manuals and Sybase Support indicates that we don't require to rebuild IQ indexes.Many customers do. People that rebuild indexes on IQ can you please provide the criteria that you follow to decide when an index is fragmented it and need to be rebuild Are you using at all the sp_iqindexfragmentation ...

crash crash crash crash CRASH
Name: Pete VANHEE Email: vanhee Product: Firefox Summary: crash crash crash crash CRASH Comments: please how can I get my old Firefox browser back ? I can't work like this; 3.0 crashes several times a day; it's bloody annoying Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash...
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash... Comments: All versions I've tried since 3.0 are crash happy, on both Windows & Mac. This latest 3.6.13 for Mac OS X is no exception, it's like running alphaware. Just access http://www.blogdelnarco.com (among many others), and within 2-3 seconds she goes Tango Unicorn and dumps you at the desktop. I used to love FF and recommended it to all, but no longer. Really it isn't worth the trouble. What follows is the crash report sent to Apple: Process: firefox-bin [19988] Path: ...

IQ 12.6 and IQ client 12.5
IQ 12.6 is now downloaded, however I haven't yet had time to look much into the documentation, but one question cross my mind, is it possible to use 12.5 client when server is 12.6 ? Right now we have around 100 IQ clients we have pushed to all the PC's with SMS, however I do not have time to make another SMS package for the next 2 month, Is there any features, statement etc where we are going to run into problemes ? Scary, no one have any comments regarding this, think it is best to wait 6 month before we upgrade... 'Same procedure as last time' :-) > IQ ...

Fast-iq-test.com
Name: MokeMitle Email: haiseserrycipatlipetskdotin Product: eBay Companion Summary: Fast-iq-test.com - fast iq test Comments: <B>fast-iq-test.com</B> believe it or not i have an IQ of 98.4! find out yours here http://www.fast-iq-test.com <a href=http://www.fast-iq-test.com><B>iq quiz</B></a> From URL: http://en-GB.www.mozilla.com/en-GB/add-ons/ebay/feedback/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

CTlib causing IQ Crash
I am having a problem w/ IQ crashing.....here's the problem. Anyone have similar problems w/ 12.4 on Solaris 2.6 --> When I kill the ctlib client program in the middle of processing the result set the IQ server goes down. David, I know this is an old post and you may have solved the problem by now. Anyway, what you are describing affected Unix platforms but was fixed in EBF8. If anyone else experiences this problem, please upgrade to (at least) EBF8. Maggie Stovel David Berry wrote: > I am having a problem w/ IQ crashing.....here's the problem. ...

TSQL Outer Join in IQ
I am trying to run a stored procedure created in ASE in ASIQ. The following code in the procedure select state_name,A.state_code,B.noa disb_noa,round(B.amt/1000,2) disb_amt, C.noa bal_noa,round(C.amt/1000,2) bal_amt from mis_state_info A,#t_disb B,#t_bal C where A.state_code *= B.state_code and A.state_code *= C.state_code and B.state_code *= C.state_code order by state_name gives me the error mis_state_info in a Transact-SQL out join cycle. How can I make this run as such in IQ. Is there any settings for the same . Thank you in advance What was the exact error text? ...

Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing
Name: Dale Email: davidsdaleatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing Comments: To whom it may concern: Please explain to me why does your product crashes so much. Please dont tell me it is my hardware or software. Besides for that, This is one of the best products You can get. I dont want to depart from it. Please help. Thank you in advanced, for your reply. Kind regards -Dale. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

Insert Into IQ Table from a Table in sysytem within IQ (ASA)
Hi I'm using IQ12.0.3 on SUN and trying to run: "insert into T1 select * from T2" where T1 and T2 are the same but T1 is an IQ Table and T2 is a table in the system (ASA) within IQ. I'm getting error code: Error at line 1 IQ Internal error. Please ... -(df_Heap.cxx 976) Works OK for me, if you are having issues I would suggest taking the server up to the current release 12.0.3.1 with EBF 2. Upgrading is the easiest Sybase upgrade I have done. Install the product, start your database and run the upgrasiq.sql script. Rgds Matt Eli Saadi &...

IQ not opening the index space after an ungraceful exit
What I have found out after a few nasty experiments is that it's not releasing its shared mem. I can replicate the situation if I connect via isql @ the server and use the indexspace and then ^C it / or Kill -9 the open_iq process it doesn't release, it does happen when the clients ungracefully exit, but I can replicate that yet. so I have to stopopen_iq, then ipcrm the sharemem and the semaphores, then start the IQ server again and it works. This has only started since I installed the latest EBF 008. Anyone else having these problems/ anyone have any solution other t...

Crashes Crashes Crashes!
Name: Santino Email: ragamuffinatmanciadotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Crashes Crashes Crashes! Comments: Using Vers 3.5.1, there are constant crashes and freezes. This has never happened before with FF, and its happening on all the computers i use, windows and linux OS. It's a damn shame, stop making quick releases filled with bugs, FF used to be a quality product, now its just running against other browsers for no reason whatsoever. You are losing loyalty over an idiotic competition with low performance products. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT ...

Web resources about - IQ Crashing when Join Indexes Implemented - sybase.iq

Facebook Details Privacy Measures Implemented With Launches Of New Ad Products
Facebook posted a note on its Facebook Privacy page to reassure users of the social network that their privacy remained top of mind during the ...

Julia Gillard's restrictions on live betting odds to be implemented by television networks
Television networks have agreed to implement the Government’s new restrictions on the airing of live betting odds after Prime Minister Julia ...

Spencer: CPAC Is a 'Sharia-Compliant Conference' Where Islamic Law Has Been Implemented - YouTube
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/spencer-cpac-sharia-compliant-conference-where-islamic-law-has-been-implemented Robert Spencer says that ...

Treasury bond futures to be implemented: CSRC
Treasury bond futures to be implemented: CSRC People's Daily Online By Li Zhenyu ( People's Daily Online) With the rise of Chinese economy, ...

Jones County Pay Scale to Be Implemented Dec. 1
Jones County employees now have a fixed starting salary and a way to get raises under a standard pay scale approved by the county commission. ...

QUOTE: Once an innovation is implemented it is no longer innovative.
Once an innovation is implemented it is no longer innovative. —Jack Anderson, Chevron (via @bmoesta )

Free Advice, When Perfectly Implemented, Adds Up To Serious Cash
... subsides. The firm’s service to the community is action, and actions are more memorable than words. The post Free Advice, When Perfectly Implemented, ...

Rwanda Calls for Cessation Clause to Be Implemented
The government has called on the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) to revitalise the implementation of the Cessation Clause ...

Part of Obamacare so poorly thought out and written that it can't be implemented
"For 19 months, experts inside and outside of government have examined how HHS might implement a financially sustainable, voluntary and self-financed ...

Gorgeous Journal App Day One Gains Nicely Implemented PDF Export Feature
Most notably, Day Ones new update adds PDF export and printing.