To set date mask for datawindows in Powerbuilder.

Hi All,

I am udayan Majumdar and i am getting some problems in Powerbuider.
My application has a number of datawindows in it.
the date mask for the date fileds in the datawindows is mm/dd/yyyy.

i want to branch out another application which will have the date mask as
dd/mm/yyyy.

Is there a way to change the date mask globally for all the date fields in
the  datawindows or i have to go through each date field in datawindow and
change its format.

or we have have come code which will help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Udayan

0
udayan_majumdar
5/20/2003 2:51:31 AM
sybase.infomaker.general 4461 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 I am using APOL Library and Power Builder 7.0
0
udayan_majumdar
5/20/2003 3:01:15 AM
Please post in a PB newsgroup, e.g.
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow.  Thisone is for Infomaker related
issues.
Anyways, you can probably define a routine where you parse through the
column list and for each column determine its datatype.  See DWSyntax for
exact syntax.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

<udayan_majumdar> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am udayan Majumdar and i am getting some problems in Powerbuider.
> My application has a number of datawindows in it.
> the date mask for the date fileds in the datawindows is mm/dd/yyyy.
>
> i want to branch out another application which will have the date mask as
> dd/mm/yyyy.
>
> Is there a way to change the date mask globally for all the date fields in
> the  datawindows or i have to go through each date field in datawindow and
> change its format.
>
> or we have have come code which will help me out.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Udayan

0
Terry

To set date mask for datawindows in Powerbuilder
Thanks Terry I will try this out. Re: To set date mask for datawindows in Powerbuilder. Please post in a PB newsgroup, e.g. powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow. Thisone is for Infomaker related issues. Anyways, you can probably define a routine where you parse through the column list and for each column determine its datatype. See DWSyntax for exact syntax. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/ http://www.pb9books.com <udayan_majumdar> wrote in message news:003F1D07D64BB9DA000FB3E5...

Display date in PowerBuilder using regional settings date(Thai
Hi all, Need help on how to display date in PowerBuilder with an editmask following the date format in the regional settings. We have a client using buddhist calendar and should display the year as 2552 if 2009 is the year. Problem is, even if I use [date][time] edit mask, PB still displays the date as 25/02/2009 wherein it should be 25/02/2009. Thank you in advance, please help, its urgent. Willie This solution was posted to Experts Exchange by Vikas Dixit (so I cannot take credit) Although this was not specific for the Thai Calendar, it may provide the tools you need to ge...

Date Edit Mask
I'm using PB7.02 on windows NT4. I'm prepopulating a date in an external dw. When the user tries to change it by entering a new date, he can only type in the first 2 digits before PB prevents him from continuing. This problem occurs both when the date is clicked on with the mouse and when it is tabbed to. If the user double-clicks (selecting the whole date) he can enter the date with no problem. While this is the current work around, it's a real pain for the user. I am using an edit mask of 'mm/dd/yyyy' and the format is set to be the same. What am I doing w...

Date edit mask validation fails with different date regional setting.
I am developing application in PB6.5 version. We have Oracle 7.3 in back-end. I am using edit mask control in one of window as �mm/dd/yyyy� . I have problem in validating of isdate function, when system setting (control panel / regional setting / date) for sort date is �dd-mmm-yy� or �yy/mm/dd�. I test isdate and date function both powerscript functions are looking for local regional sort date setting. If have to deliver this application in different country, and if they are using different date setting then hard coded edit mask �mm/dd/yyyy� fails. How I can solve this problem? Pra...

Date edit mask validation fails with different date regional setting.
I am developing application in PB6.5 version. We have Oracle 7.3 in back-end. I am using edit mask control in one of window as �mm/dd/yyyy� . I have problem in validating of isdate function, when system setting (control panel / regional setting / date) for sort date is �dd-mmm-yy� or �yy/mm/dd�. I test isdate and date function both powerscript functions are looking for local regional sort date setting. If have to deliver this application in different country, and if they are using different date setting then hard coded edit mask �mm/dd/yyyy� fails. How I can solve this problem. Pra...

How to set Date column in DataWindow ?
How to set vlue type Date in DataWindow using SetItem function? I suppose solution is common, but please help. X-Serwis wrote: > > How to set vlue type Date in DataWindow using SetItem function? > I suppose solution is common, but please help. You need get DataVindow path from : http://hourglass.ml.org:8080/bk/optima/code.html After it you may read this: The Variant Data Type for Dates All Variant data types consist of two parts: the first part identifies the type of data contained within; the second part contains the actual data. In Power++, the Variant data ty...

How to set Date column in DataWindow ?
How to set vlue type Date in DataWindow using SetItem function? I suppose solution is common, but please help. X-Serwis wrote: > > How to set vlue type Date in DataWindow using SetItem function? > I suppose solution is common, but please help. You need get DataVindow path from : http://hourglass.ml.org:8080/bk/optima/code.html After it you may read this: The Variant Data Type for Dates All Variant data types consist of two parts: the first part identifies the type of data contained within; the second part contains the actual data. In Power++, the Variant data ty...

Date Mask Default in datawindow.
If I enter '00' for day or month in date mask, it is changed to '01' by default in PB - 6.5. Is there any way to change the default behaviour?? I have tried to trap the error in edit changed, but the code is very long and has many problems while trapping mouse click and arrow keys. Thanks. Shrirang. By default Power Builder validates date entries. Its OK. I think its not possible to do that, bcause you must keep in mind that validating date thru Power Builder is an inner process, and you will be able to skip to other field unless you have enter the date p...

Passing edit masks date to datawindow
Datawindow accepts date param in format of mm/dd/yy. but my application accepts date in an Edit Mask in which date format is set to dd/mm/yy. If I pass date(em_1.text) as parameter it doesn't work. Is there any solution for this? Thanks in advance Try to reformat the date from edit mask to 'mm/dd/yy' format before passing to the datawindow. Rao A. ---------------------------------------- Sadashiv <sadashiv@writeme.com> wrote in article <cTB6g1NJ9GA.100@forums.powersoft.com>... > Datawindow accepts date param in format of mm/dd/yy. but my app...

Date updates in datawindows and regional settings
Hello, We are having a problem in that we have our regional settings (windows 2000) set like the following. Shortdate format = dd-mm-yyyy In the edit mask of our datawindow we use the following format Editmask = yyyy-mm-dd When a record is updated in our datawindow we are getting the following error. SQL_ERR [ORA-01861: literal does not match format string] UPDATE SM_USER SET SM_USER.LAST_LOG_DATE_TIME = TO_DATE('29/01/2003 09:00:45','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'), SM_USER.LAST_LOG_STATION = 'CON' WHERE SM_USER.USER_ID = 'TESTER' ...

Powerbuilder datawindow and Oracle date
Hi there, I browsed through tons of articles related to the Oracle date data type issues but none solved my problem: I have a DATE data type field in my SQL Anywhere database (actually I have thousands of them:-(). Of course their data type is DATE in all datawindow column specifications, since PB application has been created using SQL Anywhere. Now, I recreated my database in Oracle using Oracle date type which is not just date but also time. When I open a datawindow and insert a row, I can enter a date '31-12-2004', than save it, then check in Oracle that the date ...

Setting the date on a date field
Hello, How do I get SQL server to insert the current date on inserting a record in a field of datetime? Thanks GrantGrant Krieger cmd.Parameters("@Date").Value = DateTime.NowSushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb Alternately, you could set the Default value of the column to GETDATE(). This would put the current datetime of the SQL Server into the column. TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question...

Infomaker 7 report = Powerbuilder 7 datawindow
Hi! We've recently migrated to powerbuilder 7 from powerbuilder 5. And we've taken advantage of the ability to create and modify the same reports in both powerbuilder and infomaker. However just now we've noticed a problem with modify a report created in powerbuilder in infomaker and visa versa. The datasource does not appear correctly. Powerbuilder & Infomaker 7.0.2 Build 8024 Is their a work around for this issue, or should be at a different patch level? Thanks! Richard W. Miquest I'm not following you. What do you mean with 'the datasource...

Dates, Dates, Dates!
Hello all... I am in the process of building an appointment system, and I am trying to see if I can get some pointers on which way to go on this. The first version of this appointment system was very lo-tech, and it stored all of the possible dates/times in the database. Once a user booked an appointment, their information was logged to that date/time, and then that date/time would no longer show in the list of possible openings. This was great for a temporary fix, but with having to pre-populate all of the dates/times, the system would eventually have to be updated to continue on pa...

Web resources about - To set date mask for datawindows in Powerbuilder. - sybase.infomaker.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles