Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5

Does anyone know if there is a Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server
7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5?  My installation has a Native Database Driver for MS
SQL Server 6.x.  I have looked all over the Sybase site for a possible
download and cannot find it.  I downloaded the IM6532.exe maintainence
release and did not find it in there.

Rich Edwards

-1
Rich
7/19/2001 8:31:57 PM
sybase.infomaker.general 4461 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There is no native driver for MSSQL7 in IM6.x.  Use the 6 driver.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Rich Edwards" <rdedwards@money.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there is a Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server
> 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5?  My installation has a Native Database Driver for
MS
> SQL Server 6.x.  I have looked all over the Sybase site for a possible
> download and cannot find it.  I downloaded the IM6532.exe maintainence
> release and did not find it in there.
>

> Rich Edwards

-1
Terry

MSS MS SQL Sever 6.X native interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 ?
Is MSS MS SQL Server 6.X, the native interface to use in db-painter for MS SQL Server 7.0? It works fine but is it right? OLE DB also works fine but RESELECTROW does not work in our app. with OLE DB. Regards, Henrik Peder Madsen DM Software ...

Native database driver for MS SQL 7.0 with PB 6.5
Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm currently using PB 6.5. TIA, Toms On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:07:12 +0700, "Toms" <t0ms@iname.com> wrote: >Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm >currently using PB 6.5. Microsoft wants everyone to use ODBC and they no longer recommend or support native connectivity for 7.0. You can still safely use the MSS 6.5 native driver from PB, but you will not be able to take advantage of some MS SQL Server 7.0 features. -- Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] ...

Outer Joins, ANSI syntax and MS SQL Server 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 Beta
Hi We would like to make our powerbuilder program avaible on multible DB platforms, but one big problem is OUTER JOINS ! We started on Oracle, no problems. // Oracle 7.3.4 SELECT * FROM TABLE1, TABLE2, TABLE3 WHERE ( TABLE1.NUMMER_N06 = TABLE3.NUMMER_N06 (+)) and ( TABLE3.NUMMER_I = TABLE2.NUMMER_I (+)) ; Then , for the smaller companies, we tried SQL AnyWhere 5.0, no problems. // Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 SELECT * FROM {oj {oj TABLE1 LEFT OUTER JOIN TABLE3 ON TABLE1.NUMMER_N06 = TABLE3.NUMMER_N06} LEFT OUTER JOIN...

PB 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0 and MS Access 97
Since we installed MS SQL Server 7.0 (which updated our Data Access Drivers), we are no longer able to reference Access 97 from PowerBuilder. I get an error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Any idea what might be going on? Thanks, Cliff Different ODBC drivers are not compatible. There is an updated ODBC patch for PB 6.5 on the SDN, that might solve your problem. Else you'll probably have to reinstall Access 97 (and risk braking SQL Server 7). -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Cliff Koehler wrote in message <3Cb...

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

PB 6.51 -> MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0 DBProcess Dead
I have an app that is connecting two servers and doing data movement back and forth between the two. I am getting a DBProcess is dead message. Any suggestions. I have noticed that the machines are on the same hub but have wildly different TCP/IP addresses ( one is something like 170.1... the other 50.29... ). Any suggestions on things to look for? I am pretty sure it's network problems but I don't know what to look for. P.S. - It's the first install at a customer site were trying to do so any help would be appreciated ASAP!!!! Thanks again! ...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

PB6.5 connect MS SQL 2005 using native driver (DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0)
Is it possible PB 6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2005? The existing application is PB6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2000. It is work fine. John Hi John; AFAIK .. it should work. The only restrictions would be 1) PB 6.5 will not understand SS2005 functionality. You will be restricted to the SS 6.0 (as you are today with SS2000) feature set. 2) The MSS setting connects using the NTDBLIB.dll from MS. I do not believe that this is supplied with SS2005. So you will need to install the SS20...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0
I'm looking for a driver for PB 6.5 to work with MS SQL Server 7.0. Where can I find it? Urgent! Maciek �apkiewicz You might want to go to powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity and check out the topic posted 3/28/00 entitled "Powerbuilder Doesn't Support Varchar(>255) ???". From the responses, I gather that Sybase has not yet upgraded the SQL Server native driver (pbmss60.dll if you're using PB 6.0 or 6.5). Some of the responses may help you decide what to do. Jame York Maciek �apkiewicz <maciekl@altkom.com.pl> wrote in message news:8D...

PB 6.5 and MS SQl Server 7.0
I downloaded the maintenance version of PB 6.5 from https://support.sybase.com/cust_prim/cgi-bin/Logon.cgi?refer=https://support.sybase.com/plus-bin/esd? I'm still not able to connect to SQL Server 7.0. I get the error message "Program type out of range" in the database painter . Any Ideas? TIA Sinthanai ...

MS SQL SERVER 6.5 to PB 7.0
What is the solution for connecting to SQL SERVER 6.5 using Native drivers. I am running the latest ebf and I tried the SQLCA.dbParm = '' and I still get hung up. Help! darcie You don't want SQLCA.dbParm='' it should be SQLCA.dbParm='anything else' Simon Darcie <dvanner@cenexharveststates.com> wrote in message news:388CAA30.101EF56D@cenexharveststates.com... > What is the solution for connecting to SQL SERVER 6.5 using Native > drivers. I am running the latest ebf and I tried the SQLCA.dbParm = '' > and I still get hung up...

PB 6.5 / MS SQL Server 7.0
Will the PB 6.5 / MS 6.x native driver work with MS SQL server 7.0? I would like to use PB 6.5 w/MS 7.0 or maybe even MS 2000. Any advice would help. Thanks / Tp We've been using PB 6.5 with MS SQL 7 and 2000 for about a year now without any problems. Chris "Tom Pitts" <TPitts@Hillyard.com> wrote in message news:DfGU2Y5XAHA.260@forums.sybase.com... Will the PB 6.5 / MS 6.x native driver work with MS SQL server 7.0? I would like to use PB 6.5 w/MS 7.0 or maybe even MS 2000. Any advice would help. Thanks / Tp ...