Migration From PB 5 to PB 6.5

Hello

I am developing applicatons in PB from last three years, I am using PB
5.0.4 now I am planning to migrate on PB 6.5 or PB 7.00. Can anybody
tell me what additional advantages I will get after switching from PB 5
to PB 6.5 or PB 7. I preffer I used PB 6.5 or PB 6.5.1 instead of PB 7
because I listen some users that PB 7 having some problems, Is it right?

Thanks

Haroon
(Senior Programmer)
Highnoon Laboratories Limited
http://www.highnoon-labs.com

0
Haroon
10/21/1999 5:08:32 PM
sybase.infomaker.general 4461 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You're in the wrong newsgroup.  This one deals with Infomaker only.  Use
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general.

PB6: Distributed Applications, more support for different objects (COM etc).
Currently supported version.  PB5 is only supported for Y2K issues.

PB7: Completely new interface. Takes some time to get used to, but then it
works very well.  Very nice integration with EAS (Jaguar) or MTS.  Much
better Distributed application possibilities.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
Haroon Rashid Qureshi wrote in message
<380F4890.6EC0CACD@highnoon.com.pk>...
>Hello
>
>I am developing applicatons in PB from last three years, I am using PB
>5.0.4 now I am planning to migrate on PB 6.5 or PB 7.00. Can anybody
>tell me what additional advantages I will get after switching from PB 5
>to PB 6.5 or PB 7. I preffer I used PB 6.5 or PB 6.5.1 instead of PB 7
>because I listen some users that PB 7 having some problems, Is it right?
>
>Thanks
>
>Haroon
>(Senior Programmer)
>Highnoon Laboratories Limited
>http://www.highnoon-labs.com

0
Terry

Migration from PB 5.3 to PB 6.5
If anyone can get me a document "Faxline 44505" through an e-mail, I'll really appreciate it. Please e-mail it to me at: gs1734@txmail.sbc.com Thanks in advance. Gary Faxline 44505 Tony Knoechelman tknoechelman@clientserver.com Client Server Associates http://www.clientserver.com PFC Application Migration and Upgrade from 5.0.x to 6.0 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- SUMMARY: This document presents a specific set of steps to migrate an existing 5.0.x PFC application to PowerBuilder ...

PB 5.03 to PB 6.5 Migration
Hello Let me start with saying I am relatively new to Power Builder. I have inherited an application which was originally a 16 bit app developed in PB 5.03. The application displays scanned *.bmp images of signatures in a BLOB which are tied back to a database of manager names. I was given the task of migrating the app to PB 6.5 and recompiling a 32 bit version. In the 16 bit version the BLOB has a OLE Class set to a "Paint Brush picture" and it displays the *.bmp files fine. In the 32 bit version the BLOB has the OLE Class set to "Package". The selected ima...

Migrating PB 5.03 to PB 6.5
I'm migrating a aplication from PowerBuilder 5.03 to PowerBuilder 6.5. The aplication have pfc. I migrate the aplication with pfc's 5.03. I have this Error: C0159: Conversion of C:\Copia\lista.pbl(d_lst_det_emision_rv_det.dwo) failed. Probable library file I/O error I trink that the problem is the pbl is read-only, but no. When I try to open this object in 5.03 I don't have a problem. I optimize de pbl, I do a Full Rebuild but when I migrate to pb 6.5 I have this error. Another problem is this warning: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_...

Migration from PB 5/6.5 to PB 9
Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. Thanks in advance. Gurpreet Singh You can use the following link http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/changes_to_powerbuilder.html Vinay Karwal > Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a > document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 > giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. > > Thanks in advance. > Gurpreet Singh http://www.techno- kitten.com/Changes_t...

migrating PB 5.03 to PB 6.5
I'm migrating a aplication from PowerBuilder 5.03 to PowerBuilder 6.5. The aplication have pfc. I migrate the aplication with pfc's 5.03. I have this Error: C0159: Conversion of C:\Copia\lista.pbl(d_lst_det_emision_rv_det.dwo) failed. Probable library file I/O error I trink that the problem is the pbl is read-only, but no. When I try to open this object in 5.03 I don't have a problem. I optimize de pbl, I do a Full Rebuild but when I migrate to pb 6.5 I have this error. Another problem is this warning: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_...

Migration from PB 5.04 to PB 6.5
Hi there! I need to make a System conversion. The System had made in Power Builder 5.04. I need to 'translate' it to Power Builder 6.5. Then, I need know what the problens and bugs in this MIGRATION... Thank you... Hi, There are no specific problems. First make a backup of your PB5.0.4 source and then migrate it to 6.5. If you get errors during the migration, repair them in the 5.0.04 sources and migrate again. HTH -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/u...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migration problem from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5
Dear all, When I try to use the migrate assistant for the mirgration job on pb 6.5 to pb 11.5. Error occure during the migration (using migrate assisant). Powebuilder cause a problem and quit out. Inforamtion that I get from it is signature problem with below information :- AppName: pb115.exe AppVer: 11.5.0.2506 ModName: pbdwe115.dll ModVer: 11.5.0.3127 Offset: 0022a3e6 Any ideas on that ? Thanks -- Free News Reader http://put.hk http://put.hk/reader/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general.html Before you migrate, I would ... 1) Optimize all you...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

Web resources about - Migration From PB 5 to PB 6.5 - sybase.infomaker.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

500-year-old Inca human sacrifice DNA illuminates migration wave
During the Inca civilization, which thrived in South America before the arrival of Europeans, ritual human sacrifices were known as &quot;capococha&quot;. ...

Poland could miss EU migration summit - HeraldSun Search Search
POLAND'S president has effectively absented the country's leadership from next week's European Union summit on migration by calling the first ...

Migration and the fall of Sweden
Sweden prided itself on giving a warm welcome to outsiders &ndash; but a sense of injustice is swiftly growing.

Migrant crisis: Migration to Europe explained in graphics
... maps. More than 750,000 migrants are estimated to have arrived by sea so far this year, according to the International Organization for Migration ...

Microsoft Office 2016: Tips for a seamless migration
... between older and alternative systems amongst the workforce, reducing the negative externalities caused from large scale system migration. ...

GOP Lawmakers Call For Curbs, Freeze On Muslim Migration To U.S.
... support for reducing or suspending visa issuances from Muslim countries. Weber told the panel that in the last year alone the Senate Immigration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

U.S.-Mexican migration study counters 2016 campaign narrative
Finding by Pew Research Center represents turning point in one of the largest mass migrations in U.S.

This mass migration to US is over
Over the past 10 years, migration from has slowed considerably, partly because of America's sluggish economy.