Infomaker upgrade broke Infomaker!

Upgrade from Infomaker 10 to IM 11

I first upgraded SQL Anywhere from 10 to 11.  Then ran the IM install.  I'm 
getting the error message:

Failed to initialize SySAM licensing.
InfoMaker is shutting down.
The mandatory property file 'im110_sysam.properties' is missing.

Did I miss something when I downloaded?

Becky Snyder
Bradley University 


0
Rebecca
12/15/2008 3:51:10 PM
sybase.infomaker.general 4461 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
1636 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

Hi Rebecca;

    For IM 11.x and its new Sysam licensing you must the logged onto your PC 
with an account that has Local Administrator privileges. Does your account 
have that?

-- 
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director
http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com


"Rebecca Snyder" <becky@bradley.edu> wrote in message 
news:49467cee@forums-1-dub...
> Upgrade from Infomaker 10 to IM 11
>
> I first upgraded SQL Anywhere from 10 to 11.  Then ran the IM install. 
> I'm getting the error message:
>
> Failed to initialize SySAM licensing.
> InfoMaker is shutting down.
> The mandatory property file 'im110_sysam.properties' is missing.
>
> Did I miss something when I downloaded?
>
> Becky Snyder
> Bradley University
> 


0
Chris
12/15/2008 4:27:59 PM
Thanks for your quick response.  I'm not totally sure what happened.  I had 
a 'bum' hard drive and had to reinstall a lot.  I started over and now it's 
good.  Sorry to post!

Becky


"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message 
news:4946858f$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Rebecca;
>
>    For IM 11.x and its new Sysam licensing you must the logged onto your 
> PC with an account that has Local Administrator privileges. Does your 
> account have that?
>
> -- 
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>
>
> "Rebecca Snyder" <becky@bradley.edu> wrote in message 
> news:49467cee@forums-1-dub...
>> Upgrade from Infomaker 10 to IM 11
>>
>> I first upgraded SQL Anywhere from 10 to 11.  Then ran the IM install. 
>> I'm getting the error message:
>>
>> Failed to initialize SySAM licensing.
>> InfoMaker is shutting down.
>> The mandatory property file 'im110_sysam.properties' is missing.
>>
>> Did I miss something when I downloaded?
>>
>> Becky Snyder
>> Bradley University
>>
>
> 


0
Rebecca
12/15/2008 5:03:57 PM
 No problem ... I get to do a full reinstall of MS-Windows on my daughter's 
laptop when I get home tonight as the entire Vista O/S seems to have been 
corrupted yesterday.   Never a dull moment in IT!       :-)



"Rebecca Snyder" <becky@bradley.edu> wrote in message 
news:49468dfd$1@forums-1-dub...
> Thanks for your quick response.  I'm not totally sure what happened.  I 
> had a 'bum' hard drive and had to reinstall a lot.  I started over and now 
> it's good.  Sorry to post!
>
> Becky
>
>
> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message 
> news:4946858f$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi Rebecca;
>>
>>    For IM 11.x and its new Sysam licensing you must the logged onto your 
>> PC with an account that has Local Administrator privileges. Does your 
>> account have that?
>>
>> -- 
>> Regards ... Chris
>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>
>>
>> "Rebecca Snyder" <becky@bradley.edu> wrote in message 
>> news:49467cee@forums-1-dub...
>>> Upgrade from Infomaker 10 to IM 11
>>>
>>> I first upgraded SQL Anywhere from 10 to 11.  Then ran the IM install. 
>>> I'm getting the error message:
>>>
>>> Failed to initialize SySAM licensing.
>>> InfoMaker is shutting down.
>>> The mandatory property file 'im110_sysam.properties' is missing.
>>>
>>> Did I miss something when I downloaded?
>>>
>>> Becky Snyder
>>> Bradley University
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Chris
12/15/2008 6:11:37 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

UPGRADE from INFOMAKER 7 to INFOMAKER 8
Hi, I am currently using INFOMAKER 7. Is there an UPGRADE that I can buy for INFOMAKER 8 or (later version if any). Please let me know. Thank you. Sukanthi Yes there is. Check out eShop. If it is not listed there, call your local sales rep. (That's why I did a year ago to get an upgrade from 6.5 to 8). -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/ "Sukanthi Gurupatham" <sgurupatham@bdo.ca> wrote in message news:Th#bXDzWCHA.311@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I ...

Infomaker
I am trying to create forms in Infomaker to use a database I have created with Sybase central, and have hit a few snags that are probably quite easy to solve, I just haven't had the time to fully read all the documentation. So, my questions are: 1: How do I include reports that will update themselves within the form? 2: How do I include the ability to modify more than one table in a form? 3: How can I select a row by highlighting it in the report. I'm reasonably sure that the answers lay in the types of forms, but the documentation is woefully inadequate. I would be most gr...

Infomaker
I am using Infomaker v4 with Infospan v2.3. I need help with displaying transaction amount data on a report. The problem involves two fields - trans_amount and trans_type. The first field holds the transaction amount, where the second holds the tranaction type. I currently display the trans_amount which works fine for all values except negative values - negative value are incorrectly shown as positive. The way to discern if the amount should be negative or positive is to look at the value in trans_type - if the trans_type field holds an even number (eg. 10, 20, 30, etc) that ...

Infomaker
Hi all, Is it easy to use OLE object with infomaker ? What are the methods to use ? Thanks for your help. Fabrice Fabrice; Yes, very easy in the "Report" Painter. You have two options: 1) OLE Report Style 2) OLE Blob column Note: OLE can only be used for outbound (IM to OLE Server) conversations. You can not use OLE for Inbound (database updating). For that feature, you need IM's big brother PowerBuilder. Regards ... Chris "Fabrice" <f-brodin@ddslogistics.com> wrote in message news:p9PZEFYhCHA.196@forums.sybase.com... > Hi...

InfoMaker
I'm currently researching replication tools and I was told that InfoMaker can allow me to share data between Sybase and Oracle, is this true? can you share some insight as to how this can work? TIA Miriam Bryan This really isn't the proper newsgroup for this, but InfoMaker would allow you to use a DataPipeline to move data back and forth. It isn't always the smoothest approach, but depending upon your needs the pipeline may be able to help you. For more help, pls post to powersoft.public.infomaker.general. -- Jason Weiss Internet Applications Division * ...

Migrate a Report from Infomaker 10 to Infomaker 7
My reports were created in Infomaker Version 7. I currently have Infomaker Version 10 and is able to make the necessary changes. When I load the Library it automatically migrates it to Version 10 but how do I return it back to Version 7 so the application that runs it recognizes the report. Basically impossible. PBLs are not backward compatible. If you had PB10 and PB7 then you could do it on a report by report basis, albeit with a lot of manual work, stripping out all the 10 features. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpr...

Infomaker
Hi all, Some users have Infomaker in order to modify my reports. In some reports, i use computed field with personal funtions like my_address( cod_address ) This function is in the same library than the report. The problem is that the user can't modify this computed field : it generates error ! Did i miss someting to include in the library ? Thanks Fabrice You'll have to copy the function objects to their InfoMaker library. "Fabrice" <f-brodin@ddslogistics.com> wrote in message news:JpRffoXhCHA.329@forums.sybase.com... > Hi all, > &...

Infomaker
I am having a very difficult time creating a computed field in my report. I am still unsure how to create the expression after reading the help. I am currently using Infomaker 4.0 to generate reports based on our own Technical Support Dept. for our Company. EQUATION: For each call logged for each client there is a # generated, linked to this # is another table where the analysts log their time spent on a call, so there are several actions for each call. Each action has a total minutes spent, but I need all those action minutes totalled and linked to the call # in the above table....

InfoMaker!
Hello, Have anyone an idea, how can I connect InfoMaker 8.0 to foxpro tables. Thanks for your help! Try posting this to powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity <Claus> wrote in message news:4DBA4A3451A5555F0044FA3685256C67.0044FA4485256C67@webforums... > Hello, > > Have anyone an idea, how can I connect InfoMaker 8.0 to foxpro tables. > Thanks for your help! ...

Is Infomaker 7 Backward Compatable With Infomaker 6?
Can reports created in Infomaker 7 be used in Infomaker 6. My initial thought is no, but I need to confirm this for a client. TIA Dean Drackley Associate Booz´┐ŻAllen & Hamilton Inc. Officially, they are not backwards compatible. But I've copied a report from IM7 to IM6 and then ran it without problems in IM6. I suggest you do some serious testing with different types of reports before you advise your client that you can do this. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Dean Dra...

Infomaker upgrade?
We currently have Infomaker 8.03 Bld 9704. We want to upgrade an application requiring vs. 10.2. Can we upgrade directly to 10.2, or do we need to go to 9.0, then to 10.2? You can go to 10 and then download 10.2 as an update. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <Audrey> wrote in message news:433addd2.60a2.1681692777@sybase.com... > We currently have Infomaker 8.03 Bld 9704. We want to > upgrade an application requiring vs....

Can you generate a Infomaker Report using Infomaker Form?
Our goal is to allow the user to use a Infomaker Form to generate a Infomaker Report. Is this possible? Thank you. Not sure what you mean by that. An InfoMaker Form is used as a data entry screen. Please explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <Susan Mills> wrote in message news:480ca8b3.3ac0.1681692777@sybase.com... > Our goal is to allow the user to use...

Infomaker 6.0 Format string does not work with Infomaker 9.0
Hallo everybody, we had a perfectly good format string that worked perfectly in Infomaker 6.5 #,##0.0;[GREEN]frei #,##0.0 26,0 for positive numbers frei 26,0 (in green!) for negative numbers WHY DOES THIS NOT WORK IN INFOMAKER 9.0 ?????? According to the help documentation this still works. PLEASE can someone urgently say why this doesn't work and what the workarounds are. Many thanks in advance, Best regards, Michael Martin conject GmbH, Philosophenweg 31-33, 47051 Duisburg Tel: +49 (203) 9414.117 Fax: +49 (203) 9414.555 Michael.Martin...

Infomaker (windows upgrade)
I recently upgraded my windows from 95 to 2000. This created a problem on my infomaker.. I am running a query on infomaker and using a citeria ( > 0 ) for a numeric feild. This query ran fine when I had windows 95, but now when I try to run it , infomaker is putting quotes around the 0 (> "0") and then giving a type mismatch error.. What could be causing this problem? Thanks You might want to try another forum. This is the PowerDesigner area. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org <Sean_K_sean_kr...

Web resources about - Infomaker upgrade broke Infomaker! - sybase.infomaker.general

3i Infotech - Sitemap
3i Infotech - Sitemap

Sitemap - SAP Help Portal Page
The Best-Run Businesses Run SAP Search All Go Sitemap Global Search Help Portal More portals for customers and partners SAP Community Network ...

Sybase Software Downloads and Code Samples - Database and Mobility Software - Sybase Inc
The business intelligence and database management software download center offers various Sybase software downloads and code samples. For more ...

United States Patent: 8463736
Scheuermann, P., J. Shim and R. Vingralek "WATCHMAN: A Data Warehouse Intelligent Cache Manager", Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference ...

Jenzabar :: Sybase
Sybase delivers end-to-end solutions including enterprise infrastructure business solutions, mobile software solutions for information management, ...

Business Intelligence Products - Database Management, Data Warehousing & Mobility Software - Sybase Inc ...
Sybase offers a variety of Business Intelligence (BI) software like products for database management, data warehousing and mining, data integration ...

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Product Data Sheets - Sybase Inc
switch to mobile view Worldwide [change] Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada China Czech Republic Denmark Finland France Germany ...

Resources last updated: 12/9/2015 8:37:40 AM