Having trouble querying a query?

I'm trying to transition my reports from Access 2000 into Infomaker 7.0 but
I'm having trouble combining two queries together.  In Access you had to
option of pulling tables or queries as your data, I don't see this option
in Infomaker, am I missing something.  Thanks from a newbie...
0
Ed_T
6/28/2001 9:08:11 PM
sybase.infomaker.general 4461 articles. 0 followers. Follow

IM doesn't have this feature, since it adheres to general Ansi SQL
standards.  If you show me the Access query, maybe I can give you a
workaround.  Are you querying an Access DB or a different DB, e.g. Oracle?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

<Ed_T> wrote in message
> I'm trying to transition my reports from Access 2000 into Infomaker 7.0
but
> I'm having trouble combining two queries together.  In Access you had to
> option of pulling tables or queries as your data, I don't see this option
> in Infomaker, am I missing something.  Thanks from a newbie...

0
Terry

How to query a query...
I'm working on converting an Access DB that I created into an ASP.NET application (and attempting to learn ASP at the same time...). One of my queries was very complex and required running a different query first, and then working off of that one. Any suggestions on the best way to do this in ASP? The following is a sample of code I'm using so you can see the type of data-binding I'm using. Thanks for the help! myConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " +"Data Source=" + Server.MapPath("/EquipmentCheckout.mdb")) strS...

Query a Query
I have a result set in a query. Is it possible to query this query? (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) Petros -- PETROS GAVRIELIDES wrote: > I have a result set in a query. > Is it possible to query this query? > > (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) There is a generic answer to your question: Yes, there is a construct called a sub-query that allows you, in 1 SQL statement, to query from a query. But, generically speaking, not all DB engines support this construct. For instance, Firebird only added it just over a y...

How to Query A Query
I have been trying to build a crosstab report that reports everydate within a selected range across the top and specific row information. 7/1 7/2 7/3 . . . Name Detail1 Detail2 Detail3 Name Detail1 What I get as output is only the dates that contain information in the rows. I can get the information I need by using a query within a query (nested). Can a nested query be done in Informaker 5? What about version 6 or 7? Thanks for your help Convert your SQL to syntax, and you can write anything you want. So if your DB support...

Query about Queries
Hello all, As a relatively new user to Sybase I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We are getting ready to go live with our database and I am wondering what types of queries I should be running for system performance purposes. If anyone has any suggestions they would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jerry ...

Query a query in linq
Hi, I have some code that gets some results:var GlobalTable = from p as db.table                             select p; Now I want to run a query in link on the results stored in GlobalTable. Whats the best way to do this? keepin' it real in the ATX. Exactly the way you ran the first query: var GlobalTableSubset = from gt as GlobalTable                        ...

Query Within A Query?
I have a table that looks kinda like thisTag         Info              SignOutDate1             Hi                   09/03/20051             Hi                   09/02/20051   &n...

Query String Query
 Hey i have no issues getting a bunch of value out of a datasource based on a query string when the format is like :Default.aspx?id=1I then put the "default.aspx" page in a folder called "profile" and tryed to see if query strings in this format worked : Profile?id=1My new "challenge" is to get it so that the person can have a string value as there id but in this format :Profile/Stringi believe it is doable but i am not sure how. Anyone know / suggestions? thanks Si!  You can use URL Rewriting/Mapping. Brian O'Connell (MCAD) - http://www.sys...

SQLite query and AS in query
This is my code. {code} q := TSQLQuery.Create(nil); try q.SQLConnection := MainForm.sqlite1; q.SQL.Text := sql; q.Open; finally q.Free; end; {code} And this is my SQL select id as _id, name, note as description from notes q.Fields[0].FieldName is id, it should be _id q.Fields[2].FieldName is note, it should be description Is this normal or am I missing something Grega This is frustrating. I can't work at all. http://pretty-software.com/images/xe4.jpg Edited by: grega loboda on Jun 4, 2013 1:40 AM http://stackoverflow.com/question...

Query of Queried data
I am new to asp.net after working with coldfusion.  I have created a datagrid from a query of a sql database.  I am interested to know how can I create another datagrid which will process a query of the data in the original grid.  So essentually it is a query of a query. Thank you   You want to filter on the result of the first query? The easiest way I can think of, is to put the data in a datatable, then use the select and dataview features of the datatable. Hi,uusquintsYou can filter the datatable in the code-behind and bind the result to the 2nd datagird:...

Query and ?sub query??
Hi there,I hope this is the right place to ask this question.I have two Access tables (tblUsers and tblMessages) to use in datagrid. tblMessages has two relations with tblUsers - the UserID field and the SenderID field, both of which are one-to-many relationship. When the user goes to the inbox, the data selected needs to do the following:1) pull out the messages with the UserID that matches the current user id number.2) since it needs to display the username of the person who sent the message, I need to pull out 'username' from tblUsers where it matches the SenderID. Storing the userna...

Querying a Queried result...
Hi, is there such a thing as querying a queried result? Example, query 1 produces Result A. Result A's table is stored 'somewhere' to be queried by query 2 which produces Result B If there is, could you kindly direct me to a website with the appropiate article on this topic? Thanks, -Gabian- Yes there is, querying a View is querying a query rewrite. Send me an email the address is in my profile I will send you a Views tutorial I wrote a while back and run a search for query results from View in your BOL(books online) for code samples. Hope this helps. Kind regards, ...

Query and Sub-Queries
I have a SELECT statement that has two sub queries in it. The 'where' clause in the main query filters a TRADE_DATE field, for example: ...... where TRADE_DT >= '2003/01/01' and TRADE_DT <= '2003/01/31'. Since I only have one date field(TRADE_DATE), I want the sub-query to query where TRADE_DT <= '2003/01/31'. But its not working. I have to hard code the '2003/01/31'. Now I know I can make a dynamic view in VB, but an ideas of how I can do it in SQL? Here's my statement: select T.BROKER_SEQ_NO,B.BROKER_NAME,B.B...

Query Plan Query
We have a sql query that is causing a few issues in terms of performance as the optimisor is choosing to table scan where an index will certainly yield significant gains. As proven when snapshotting the query and adding an index hint manually. Unfortunatley since the query is dynamically created by a 3rd party application, we are unable to influence this with index hints and are dependant on the optimiser. The table that is table scanning is partitioned (has also hust been repartitioned to address a slight inbalance across partitions) and has 7.6M records. It has been recently r...

Query to Save Queries
Save SQL Statements in the Host SQL MENU??? Hi there, I want to add items to the pencil menu in the Host SQL page. Eg. "Save SQL Query". Could someone point me in the right direction on how to populate the pencil menus. Thanks in advance. If your interested read on : So the idea is to make the currently "empty" pencil menu contain a list of queries, hosts/DnnCommunity can click on & execute, rather than typing them in each time. ''in the page load of admin/portal/sql.ascx.vb ln: 57 I want to add this line of code If Len(Request.Params(&quo...

Web resources about - Having trouble querying a query? - sybase.infomaker.general

Wanderers coach Tony Popovic slams Sydney FC's Graham Arnold for querying players' integrity
Western Sydney coach Tony Popovic has lashed out at Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold for suggesting Wanderers players celebrated Ali Abbas' injury ...

BBC News - Querying Nato's rapid reaction force
Nato's announcement of a beefed-up rapid reaction force raises big questions for many of its key member states, says the BBC's Jonathan Marcus. ...

Querying EntityFramework Views without a Key
By definition an Entity should have an Identity. An issue that often comes up with EF is querying views which do not have a primary key. No key, ...

Facebook unveils Presto engine for querying 250 PB data warehouse
At a conference for developers at Facebook headquarters on Thursday, engineers working for the social networking giant revealed that it’s using ...

Manually assigning .related('somerelation') without querying database? · Issue #919 · tgriesser/bookshelf ...
bookshelf - A simple Node.js ORM for PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite3 built on top of Knex.js

Cloudera Impala Brings SQL Querying To Hadoop
Cloudera's SQL-on-Hadoop tool hits general release, but will it satisfy demands for faster, easier exploration of big data?

Pivotal juices Hadoop with in-memory database and SQL querying
Pivotal, an EMC/VMware spin-off that has big plans to deliver big data analytics through platform as a service, has whisked the

Link Building Query Theory: 7 Crucial Keyword Types for Link Prospect Querying
These seven common types of prospect keywords will expand how you think about link prospecting and help you become a smarter, more strategically ...

Microsoft updates Power BI for Office 365 with data search, natural language querying, and 3D visualizations ...
Emil Protalinski / The Next Web : Microsoft updates Power BI for Office 365 with data search, natural language querying, and 3D visualizations ...

MH370 report reveals 17-minute delay in querying missing plane
Air traffic controllers took four hours to launch search and rescue operation, according to files released by Malaysian government