Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'

I installed IM65 today to give it a try.  I made a db config to our
local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2.
I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP.
It asks which SP and I tell it.  The result is an odbc error:

   Cannot create DataWindow

   Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='.

   1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE'

I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports.

Thanks.
--
Frank Burleigh
Indiana University School of Law

I'm unfortunately unfamiliar with ASE.  I would suggest using the native
drivers.  When you install IM, you can select the desired ASE drivers using
the Native Driver button.
I'll try to find out why the ODBC driver is having problems.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
Frank Burleigh wrote in message <3741FE04.9A74E686@indiana.edu>...
>I installed IM65 today to give it a try.  I made a db config to our
>local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2.
>I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP.
>It asks which SP and I tell it.  The result is an odbc error:
>
>   Cannot create DataWindow
>
>   Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='.
>
>   1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE'
>
>I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports.
>
>Thanks.
>--
>Frank Burleigh
>Indiana University School of Law
>Bloomington, IN 47405
>burleigh@indiana.edu 812-855-9170

0
Terry

can't find the procedure 'aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion''?
 I pick out  the zip files from the starter kit,and  open it with visual studio 2005, then create the database TimeTracker in sql server 2005 CTP manually. I also change the web.config file ,but when i login ,an error occurs like this: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: can't find the procedure  'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'。source errors: line 11: if (Roles.Enabled) line 12: { line 13: if (!Roles.RoleExists("ProjectAdministrator")) line 14: { line 15: Roles.CreateRole("Pr...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrot...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff...
Name: William Jones Email: jbillyjonesatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff... Comments: Hello Again FireFox, Listen...I'm just a simple guy, a 'dial-up baby boomer' who's had to learn the hard way all the way through. I recently sent a similar e-mail requesting assistance with this ridiculous and incessant 'pop up' that informs me that 'my connection has been reset', and/or, 'a problem locating page'....huh? I was just on the damn thing and even switching from one ...

Security startup's creed: you can't hack what you can't see
Security software startup Trusted Network Technologies Inc. is expected to come out of hiding this week. But it hopes its customers will appreciate the ability to make their networks and critical information systems more clandestine. The company is expected to disclose today that it has received $6 million in first-round funding from Charles River Ventures and Flagship Ventures, and it will unveil its access-management app, Identity, which sports a sneaky twist. According to company founder and CEO Stephen Gant, the app provides user access control by embedding a two-factor identity--o...

'''''

can't get reports 'Old Chart's and 'New Charts' to work properly
1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so I'm missing a lot of data in the output. 2. Is there a reason for this - I have been modding bugzilla so that it has an extra status field from earlier this year - would that have had an impact ? 3. Also when I try and do a Old Chart or NewChart I can't see my new 'Status' field to select - this is ok if I do a bar chart though. cheers On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 03:25 -0800, nothtb@ukonline.co.uk wrote: > 1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so &g...

can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'master' because 'logsegment is full
Hi All, I'm working with Sybase 12.0 and Aix 5.1 First of all, one small history: I worked with sybase 11.9.2 and I never received the message about the problem with log of the master database. After changing to Sybase 12.0 this problem was occurred frequently. I added another 3 mb to master size but again this problem occurs. Any idea about what's happening? Thanks Sergio ps: I don't have any task that work with master database. I don't see any explanation to grow of the log master. In 12.0 a new column was added to syslogins to track unsuccessful...

Web resources about - Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow' - sybase.infomaker.general