Socket to Socket example needed

Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to set up
a socket to socket connection. I would appeciate any
examples or help anyone can offer. Thanks.

Rob McGinness
Rutland Regional Medical Center
802-747-6526
rmcginness@rrmc.org
0
Rob
10/13/2006 7:01:02 PM
sybase.impact 689 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I guess that you talk about one AIM module that drives two
socket conections. If you try to build such module, you must
create two protocol objects within the project. Each
protocol object can control its own related objects (frame,
port, open, close, etc.)

> Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to set
> up a socket to socket connection. I would appeciate any
> examples or help anyone can offer. Thanks.
>
> Rob McGinness
> Rutland Regional Medical Center
> 802-747-6526
> rmcginness@rrmc.org
0
Christian
10/13/2006 8:19:53 PM
I am not sure what you are asking for here.  Are you looking
to setup communication between Clusters using AIMs, or are
you trying to bypass the sfm and go directly to your
application, or something else?  We have referred to first
case as socket to socket communication.

for the first case your delivery AIM has the IP address and
port of the AIM to send to where the IP is that of your
Engine
server, and then the acq AIM has simply the port number to
listen on.

hope this helps.

James

> I guess that you talk about one AIM module that drives two
> socket conections. If you try to build such module, you
> must create two protocol objects within the project. Each
> protocol object can control its own related objects (frame
> , port, open, close, etc.)
>
> > Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to
> > set up a socket to socket connection. I would appeciate
> > any examples or help anyone can offer. Thanks.
> >
> > Rob McGinness
> > Rutland Regional Medical Center
> > 802-747-6526
> > rmcginness@rrmc.org
0
James
10/16/2006 3:28:38 PM
I am all set now thanks. My issue was in my AcqAim in the
receiving cluster I had the wrong engine name. Thanks for
your reply.

Rob

> I am not sure what you are asking for here.  Are you
> looking to setup communication between Clusters using AIMs
> , or are you trying to bypass the sfm and go directly to
> your application, or something else?  We have referred to
> first case as socket to socket communication.
>
> for the first case your delivery AIM has the IP address
> and port of the AIM to send to where the IP is that of
> your Engine
> server, and then the acq AIM has simply the port number to
> listen on.
>
> hope this helps.
>
> James
>

> > I guess that you talk about one AIM module that drives
> > two socket conections. If you try to build such module,
> > you must create two protocol objects within the project.
> > Each protocol object can control its own related objects
> > (frame , port, open, close, etc.)
> >
> > > Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to
> > > set up a socket to socket connection. I would
> > > appeciate any examples or help anyone can offer.
> > Thanks. >
> > > Rob McGinness
> > > Rutland Regional Medical Center
> > > 802-747-6526
> > > rmcginness@rrmc.org
0
Rob

Wanted: Example of asynchronous bidirectional socket client (a socket chat program)
Sorry if this appears twice. Since it bounced back to me -- probably=0Abeca= use of the HTML format -- I'm sending it again.=0A=0AI did some google sear= ching and I could not find an example of a=0Abidirectional asynchronous soc= ket client. A telnet client is an example=0Aof a bidirectional asynchronous= socket client.=0A=0AI don't specifically want source to a telnet client --= that would be=0Amuch fancier than what I require and would not be helpful = if the perl=0Aonly called C++. I just want an example in pure perl (or ruby= or=0Apython).=0A=0A=0ABy asynchronous I mean ...

ext/Socket/Socket.xs
In Socket.xs do I take it that this if (strEQ(name, "MSG_CTRUNC")) #if defined(MSG_TRUNC) || defined(HAS_MSG_CTRUNC) /* might be an enum */ return MSG_CTRUNC; #else goto not_there; #endif should be MSG_CTRUNC? As in: #if defined(MSG_CTRUNC) || defined(HAS_MSG_CTRUNC) /* might be an enum */ Secondly, Socket.pm EXPORTs MSG_URG, but there is no code to generate it in Socket.xs. Was this an oversight somewhere? Nicholas Clark On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 03:03:46PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote: > In Socket.xs do I take it that this > > if (strEQ(...

Patch for perldoc IO::Socket::UNIX (see http://perldoc.perl.org/IO/Socket/UNIX.html ) to provide examples
Hi, I noticed http://perldoc.perl.org/IO/Socket/UNIX.html does not contain any examples (including not in the synopsis). If acceptable, I can a prepare a patch that will include a simple server and a client for UNIX domain socket= s, see: http://www.mail-archive.com/beginners%40perl.org/msg116942.html Can it be in a section called EXAMPLES, or should it be in the SYNOPSIS? Regards, =C2=AD=E2=80=94 Shlomi Fish=20 --=20 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/ My Aphorisms - http://www.shlomifish.org/humo...

socket
perlipc doc has sample for doing a socket: use IO::Socket; $remote = IO::Socket::INET->new( Proto => "tcp", PeerAddr => "localhost", PeerPort => "daytime(13)", ) or die "cannot connect to daytime port at localhost"; while ( <$remote> ) { print } but it dies for me. i see 'daytime' in /etc/services at port 13. osx 10.1.3 perl 5.6.1 Just because something's in services, doesn't mean it's running. Services indicates "names" for port numbers, e.g., &quo...

socket
Hola, qualcuno sa dirmi perch�: #!/usr/bin/perl use IO::Socket; #use diagnostics; my $host=$ARGV[0]; if(!$host){ die"...host???\n"; } $|=1; $socket=IO::Socket::INET->new(PeerAddr =>$host, PeerPort=>80, Proto=>"TCP") || die"$!\n"; print $socket "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"; while(<$socket>){ print"$_\n"; } close($socket); FUNZIONA (scrivi e leggo dal socket),mentre al contrario: #!/usr/bin/perl use Socket; #use diagnostics; my $host=$ARGV[0]; if(!$host){ die"...host???\n"...

SOCKET
Hi all!!! Can any body help me with some information or docs about Sockets with Power Builder. I'm Working with PB 6.5, but if you have an example in PB 7 I can use it. Now I'm waiting for your help. :-) If you mean three-tier apps, pb has it's own communication objects (transport, connection). If you need something more than that you can use third-party libraries as OLE objects, because you can't work from pob directly with wsock32.dll. <CARRADINE> wrote in message news:1111D847FE7E5A290058E38C85256C75.0058E3D185256C75@webforums... > Hi all!...

Socket
How to get the ipaddress of the client machine using Socket programing,i want to check which r the pc's r connected to the server using vb.net any example will be very helpfull for me thanks in advance PrasantHI think therefore i'mvPras© If you're representing the client as a Socket, this class has a RemoteEndPoint Public property that is of type EndPoint. It encapsulates information about the client. If you're representing the client as a TcpClient, this class has a Protected Client property of type Socket (thus getting to the RemoteEndPoint). Protected meaning you have ...

Socket
Dear The Expert, Where can I find complete articles for implementing windows socket in ASP.NET? TIA Winan...

Sockets
PB8.0 W2K What do people use to implement sockets in PB? Nathan I just use the API functions. On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:02:34 -0600, NP <tarsi@no-see-evil.binhost.com> wrote: >PB8.0 >W2K > >What do people use to implement sockets in PB? > >Nathan Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com Which can now be pre-ordered through Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672325004 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672324997...

Sockets
Hi, Is it possible to make a sockets connection with PB6.5? (and how) Thanks in advance, Joe I think this is what you're looking for http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/wininet.zip HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be <Joe> wrote in message news:7F08A3D1FC072C7E003E028585256CC2.003E029385256CC2@webforums... > Hi, > > Is it possible to make a sockets connection with PB6.5? (and how) > > > Thanks in advance, > Joe > WinInet cannot be used for raw socket connection -- it is a simple wrapper for FTP/HTTP/Gop...

Sockets
Is it possible to connect to Sybase ASE using Unix domain sockets instead of TCP/IP? Paul Ryland dpar2@cam.ac.uk Davin Yap wrote: > > Is it possible to connect to Sybase ASE using Unix domain sockets > instead of TCP/IP? Not that I know of. Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com Sybase on Linux mailing list: ase-linux-list@isug.com This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------msA85E21818DD8367FB19...

sockets
I'll be simple. I would like Java style Sockets, and Server Sockets. So I can write pb apps to connect/interface/serve directly to other apps based on TCP/IP. Without having to resort to going to third party controls. I would also like my EAServer course not to be posponed for another two months because noone apart from myself wants to go. I've been booked in since Nov last year, and still noone in Sydney wants to go. I've been told that they won't even consider a one-one training session, I think that says quite a lot about why there is a sheer lack of interest i...

socket.
------=_NextPart_000_06EB_01C3BF4D.037FCCC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have installed DBI-1.19, and trying to use radiator radius server to = call an MySQL query using DBI. I am getting the following error. My = actual socket is under /etc. I guess this error originates from the DBI. The install was perfect. Deen Wed Dec 10 18:29:47 2003: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler 'Realm=3DDEFAULT' Wed Dec 10 18:29:47 2003: DEBUG: Deleting session for mikem, 203.63.154.1, 1234 Wed Dec 10 ...

About sockets
May be this das not belong hire but I need to know. How can I determent that the packet was realy sent and received? How to disconect socket when there is no function for disconect? Milan, there is no way to see what is transmitted on the socket without doing hardward sniffing. as for closing the connection check out the property SocketReuseLimit. If you set that to 1 then it will close the connection after every call. -- Scott McReynolds Engineering Manager <Milan> wrote in message news:CCF158963E252705001EB0DD85256BEC.001EB0EA85256BEC@webforums... > May be th...

Web resources about - Socket to Socket example needed - sybase.impact

Turing machine examples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He makes this very clear when he reduces the above table to a single instruction called "b" ( Undecidable p. 120), but his instruction consists ...

7 Examples Of Legal Facebook Cover Photos
... to do this experiment.) We thought it’d also be helpful to highlight what other social media experts and brands are doing. Here are a few examples ...

Taking a Deeper Look at Application Traffic Over the Last 30 Days: 6 Examples
Although there has been a lot of speculation in the last few weeks, the long term impacts of the profile redesign on the Facebook platform have ...

example (@example) on Twitter

silk and spinach - development, by example
development, by example (by Kevin Rutherford)

History : What are examples of things that are "common knowledge" about history that historians almost ...
These are just a few things off the top of my head that "everyone knows" and I was taught in many history classes, but historians almost universally ...

Yahoo SearchScan Example - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Tamar Weinberg's photos on Flickr. Tamar Weinberg has uploaded 4087 photos to Flickr.

FaceStatue examples - Facemasks and Wearable Facemasks - YouTube
Example FaceStatues produced from two portrait photos uploaded to ThatsMyFace.com. Both matte and glossy facemasks are shown, as well as a wearable ...

Banksy uses Steve Jobs as an example of Syrian immigration at a refugee camp in France
... Continue reading more about iTunes , Steve Jobs , and Apple Inc at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Banksy uses Steve Jobs as an example ...

3 Examples Of Narrow Perspectives, And 1 Solution
Lawyers who work in all environments should strive to write simply and comprehensibly, but this is particularly important for folks who are in-house. ...