Dbi objects to access an MS Access Db

I'm having a problem getting Tran-ide to recognize my access 2000 database.
I've created a system dsn called Midas and created the attached nnsyreg.dat
file and put it into e:\sybase\ImpactClient-5_3\config directory. I've also
put this file in my projects directory and still get the following message.
Unable to connect to session Midas. Any Advice? Thanks Brent

begin 666 nnsyreg.dat
M4V5S<VEO;BY-:61A<PT*"4Y.3U1?4TA!4D5$7TQ)0E)!4ED@/2!D8G0R-VUS
M;V1B8PT*"4Y.3U1?1D%#5$]265]&54Y#5$E/3B ]($Y.4V5S3T1"0T9A8W1O
M<GD-"@E.3E]315-?4T525D52(#T@24U004-4,0T*"4Y.7U-%4U]54T527TE$
M(#T-"@E.3E]315-?4$%34U=/4D0@/0T*"4Y.7U-%4U]$0E].04U%(#T@93I<
8=&5S=%QM:61A<UA2148R,# P+FUD8@T*
`
end

0
Brent
7/10/2003 2:16:53 PM
sybase.impact 689 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I installed 5.3.1.8 patches and was able to use the new odbc functions which
appear to work fine.

"Brent Fenderson" <brentf@scihg.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem getting Tran-ide to recognize my access 2000
database.
> I've created a system dsn called Midas and created the attached
nnsyreg.dat
> file and put it into e:\sybase\ImpactClient-5_3\config directory. I've
also
> put this file in my projects directory and still get the following
message.
> Unable to connect to session Midas. Any Advice? Thanks Brent

0
Brent

Accessing MS Access through the DBI ODBC
Hi all, I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable = to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no = password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot = connect. Please help. Regards, Javier Moreno Hi Javier, > I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot connect. Please help. > 1. Create an ODBC connection via %Sys...

Remote Data Access to MS Access DB
I have been asked to write an Internal application to maintain an MS Access DB. I’m new to ASP.Net, only starting with 2.0. I need to be able to access a MS Access DB on a different server from my ASP.NET 2.0 application. How would I make the connection to this remote Access DB? Also, can I use VWD to do this?   Hi You can find sample code here And you have to configuresecurity settings that are required to connect to a remote Microsoft Access database from ASP.NET   Hope this helps.Sincerely,Young Fang Thanks yyy8347, Before I start,  I was just curious if the ...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Accessing an MS Access-db remote from a Unix-system
--=_alternative 004CB57FC1256AE3_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Hi, until now I thought it is impossible to access remotely an Access-db in an Windows NT/2000 environment. But someone told me that it is possible (she heard it from someone else, and so on...). Does anyone knows something about it? Greetings Robert Roggenbuck (Germany) --=_alternative 004CB57FC1256AE3_=-- Two ways of doing this. Use DBI::ProxyServer and DBD::Proxy or install third party ODBC software on your Unix system and set up a DSN. Then use DBD::ODBC to connect. See d...

default.dwt.aspx accessing MS access db
I have a default.dwt.aspx template where any updates here will copy to all my 15 .aspx pages, i'm doing a shopping cart and i have a promotions table in the left column. I tried using DWMX datasets to display the promotional items from the MS Access db, however once i added the datasets, DWMX won't allow me to save, it says theres an error. However i can add datasets freely on any other .aspx, anyone knows why? ...

Error when accessing MS Access DB. I Need Help!
Im getting and error "No value given for one or more required parameters" pointing at line 15. I don't know what this mean....Can any one help me resolve this. I'm trying to access a MS Access Database. My codes below: <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDB" %> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose....

Re: Re: Accessing MS Access through the DBI ODBC
> From: Kevin Carothers <kevindotcar@gmail.com> > Date: 2005/03/30 Wed PM 06:44:48 CST > 1. Create an ODBC connection via %SystemRoot%\system32\odbcad32.exe > Call the database connect name "ODBCName" > > 2. In your Perl code add: > [---] > use DBI; > [---] > $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:ODBCName",'',''); > [---] Just my opinion, but I don't think this is good advice. For one, it creates extra administration on the system, by forcing the user/programmer /sysadmin/webadmin to ...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

how can I access MS Access db on the remote website, at design-time?
Hello! I have a remote website, which I open using Visual Studio. And there is located my data.db access file. Is it possible to create Dataset at design time, which will read the data from that db? When I create the dataset, and trying to add database, there is Oledb data provider, but it wants to work only with local files I need to add design-time dataset, to use them in ReportView. Thank you in advanceArtashes...

Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MS ACCESS DB
I recently installed a Sybase ASE12.5 server. After that, I was able to set up an ODBC DSN. However, when I created a hot link from my ACCESS db, I was able to see the table list displayed. I then selected a table, and click on the 'OK' button, immediately I received the following error: Reserverd error (-7747): there is no message for this error. My machine is a WIN2000 machine. I have done the same thing for ASE11.9 and ASE12.0 and have never run into this problem. So, can someone ran into the same probelm and have solution? -- Peter Lo peter.lo@tra...

DBI, MS Access, inserting/updating a Access Date/Time value
Hi, Does anyone have any idea what is up with Microsoft Access and its ridiculous Date/Time formatting options? It doesn't seem to matter what format I attempt to insert with. The directory and db file permissions are all Full Control. I'm using the "#" around the Date/Time format as required. The database has nothing as the Format in Design view on the General tab. The insert below has never worked once. On the up side if I run an insert that has no mention of the Date/Time field then it will just insert the record using the =Now() function as the default va...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Web resources about - Dbi objects to access an MS Access Db - sybase.impact

Object database - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When database capabilities are combined with object-oriented programming language capabilities, the result is an object-oriented database management ...

Ford Autonomous Test Vehicle. Objects in mirror are currently larger than they appear
... and he brought this vehicle to the conference along with some engineers working on mobility services (think Uber) and automated driving. Objects ...

The Safety of Objects
The Safety of Objects Artforum WITH BLOCKBUSTER BIENNIALS increasingly wedded to the galleries underwriting them, the term “biennial art”—the ...

Astronomers find most distant object in solar system
Astronomers have spotted the most distant object in our solar system, which could challenge the theories about how our planets formed. Using ...

Trump catches up to Althouse, objects to calling Abdelhamid Abaaoud a "mastermind."
Trump said it today: “This so-called leader of ISIS – he’s not a mastermind, he’s a punk.... They ought to call him what he is... He’s garbage. ...

Tech trade group objects to weakening smartphone encryption
The Information Technology Industry Council (ITIC) on Thursday objected to weakening encryption used on smartphones, even as some officials in ...

Turkish Fans Throw Objects At Israeli Basketball Team During Anthem
'This was a complex experience with a hostile arena,' Eden Inbar, coach of the Isareli national told Sport 5.

San Diego Residents Find Their Street Littered With Obscene Objects: 600 Chris Denorfia Bobbleheads
What are you even supposed to do with one Chris Denorfia bobblehead, let alone 600 of them? That’s the dilemma a group of San Diego housemates ...

Watch a human face emerge from a bunch of overlain, inanimate objects
... the shape of a human face and sometimes, it even concocts these patterns out of random noise. We spot faces in all sorts of inanimate objects, ...

DDN’s Bouzari on the Spread of Advanced Scale Computing into the Enterprise, and the Object-based ‘Connected ...
The entire HPC world – from traditional HPC research sites to advanced scale computing in the enterprise – is at a crossroads. Then again, has ...