Net-Library and the Open Client-Library

Can someone tell me where to get the sybase software noted below:

"Sybase Net-Library and the Sybase Open Client-Library, version 10.03 or
later for Windows NT"

Any comments much appreciated. TNX.

rick colman
colman@uci.edu

0
Rick
9/22/1998 9:25:57 PM
sybase.gateways 470 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Open Client 12.5 Net Library drivers
I have recently downloaded the developer version of Sybase ASE 12.5.1. I notice that the version of Open Client that is provided with this differs from earlier versions in that the network library drivers (OCS-12_5\DLL\NL*.DLL) no longer exist. I am still able to connect using a SQL.INI configured to use the NLWNSCK protocol. I would like to know how NLWNSCK.DLL etc have been replaced in 12.5 - I haven't been able to find any info about this in the release notes or installation guide. Many thanks, Chris Greenwood On 15 Jun 2004 03:29:21 -0700, Chris Greenwood wrote: In the...

Converting from DB-Library to Clients Library
Hello, We are currently using the Open Client DB Library in our core database access libraries to do such things as open connections, execute queries and process results. We are interested in migrating from DB Library to the Open Client Clients Library in our code. Is this a trivial task? Has anyone done something like this before and does anyone have any information that might be applicable and/or useful to us? Thanks, Benson Your question would be more appropriate in the sybase.public.connectivity.open_client newsgroup. sybase.public.ase.general is for discussion of the A...

Open Client Client-Library (CS_VERSION_110) Multithreaded Programming
Hi, I am going to develog a Multithreaded Programming on a "HP-UX m3vmsa3 B.11.00 U 9000/800 178951547 unlimited-user license" operating system. Sybase provides a "sybopts.sh" helper script for UNIX makefiles. For HPUX it provides two tags: hp800 and dce_hp800. In "Open Client/Server Programmer's Supplement for UNIX" says that Client-Library version 11.1 includes a new set of libraries that provide access to Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) services that provides "Multithreaded programming support", so I guess that I must use ...

Open client library
Hi, Can I use open-client libraries as database api for CGI programming? Thank you. mike This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------3048383251CAD5DFD9759196 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Michael Tung wrote: > Hi, > > Can I use open-client libraries as database api for CGI programming? > > Thank you. > > mike Yup J --------------3048383251CAD5DFD9759196 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="jfroebe.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Desc...

Open Client-Library
I am in the process of porting C code from a Sun Solaris server using Sybase 11 to a Windows 95/VC++ environment using SQL Anywhere. The Sybase code used the Open Client/Server Library functions. I can not find any information regarding Open Client/Server in the SQL Anywhere manuals or on-line Help. I have found a separate Sybase directory on my local drive that has DLL libraries ( libct.dll,ect) that look like they might be compatible with Open Client/Server. Also, there is an INI directory with a help file that mentions configuring INI and CFG files for Open Client. Do you have any d...

Open Client Library
Hi everyone, This is a follow up to a previous post discussing column-level encryption options in Sybase ASE 12.0. We are studying the use of Open Client feature and have a few questions: 1. Where is the Sybase Open Client library? 2. Does Open Client require a separate installation and/or license? I looked at the Open Client documentation regarding installation but only saw two documents there: Adaptive Server Enterprise ODBC Driver Installation Guide and Adaptive Server Enterprise OLE DB Provider Installation Guide 3. How do I compile my source code in the Open Clien...

I am trying to find .NET FrameWork class libraries and ADO.NET libraries maps to hang in my cube at work or at home.
Hello,    I am in search of the .NET Framework 1.x and 2.0 and 3.0 class library maps and ADO.NET class library maps to hang/pin to my cube at work and also at home. I believe that helps understand more about the Framework and also if some thing is presented in a pictorial representation I guess I can learn more than reading whole lot of stuff.   So is there a place on the net or any company that offers this to buy or down load?   Any inputs or help me finding on this is greately appreciated.   Thanks in advance, -L   The Visual Studio magazine use...

Added open client to my own library
Hello, I am writing C++ wrapper for Ctlib as plugin to my own library. My problem is that I want to incorporate sybase ctlib with my own package and install everything at once. Is there any recommended way to create such package? I am thinking about two ways: 1. Fire sybase installer in the silent mode in the middle of my install procedure, and create $SYBASE/interfaces file after that. Is it possibile to run installer in silent mode and install everything without reboot? 2. Add needed part of Open Client (libs, interfaces file, other?) to my own installer. I would prefer...

Jaguar Open-Client Library
Hi, Is it possible to upgrade open-client library that jaguar uses, with ASE 12 or 12.5 OC although libjct.dll does not exist in ASE OC directory ? Which one do you recommend for connection cache : OC or ASE 12 ODBC driver ? TIA Cengiz ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Cengiz, Unfortunatley, I don't think you can upgrade the open-client library. But open a case with technical support to make sure. They can get you an answer yes or no. J -- Jonathan Baker eBusiness Division Sybase, Inc. ...

open client client library/c samples on win95 can't work,help!!!!!!
the samples have come through the compile and link phrases. but it has swamped into infinite loop when function ct_connect() executes.env:win95+open client 10.0+vc6.0 server:sybase 10.0+sco unix many thanks ...

open client client library/c samples on win95 can't work,help!!!!!! #2
the samples have come through the compile and link phrases. but it has swamped into infinite loop when function ct_connect() executes.env:win95+open client 10.0+vc6.0 server:sybase 10.0+sco unix many thanks ...

Using Open Client libraries in PowerSite
When I create a html datawindow, I only have the choice of ODBC for database connectivity. Is it possible to use Open Client instead ? Basant You'll have to modify the generated DynsScript to use the OpenClient named cache. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division GDI <basant_g@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fNVzqd0S$GA.164@forums.sybase.com... > When I create a html datawindow, I only have the choice of ODBC for database > connectivity. Is it possible to use Open Client instead ? > > Basant > > Thanks Dave, I will try that...

How get SPID in Open Client Library?
Hi all. How I can get SPID of my connect on a SQL server (number of process on sql server which showing when i execeute sp_who command) in a my client program which using Open Client Library? Thanks -- Daniyar Tleulin, Crystal Lane Co. Ltd. Almaty Kazakhstan SELECT @@SPID Tleulin Daniyar wrote: > > Hi all. > How I can get SPID of my connect on a SQL server (number of process on sql > server which showing when i execeute sp_who command) in a my client program > which using Open Client Library? > Thanks > -- > Daniyar Tleulin, Crystal Lane Co. Ltd....

ASAs BIGINT and Open Client Library
I'm accessing an Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0.x database on Windows NT using CT Lib 12.0. ASA 8 supports a 64 integer type called BIGINT. Unfortunately the ct library seems not to directly support the BIGINT datatype. Is there any possibility to access a bigint field using CT Lib? Thank you in advance for any help. Markus Smart Solutions AG SWITZERLAND Can you treat it like DECIMAL ( 20, 0 )? Breck On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:05:39 +0200, "Markus Hofer" <mh@smartsol.ch> wrote: >I'm accessing an Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0.x database on >...

Web resources about - Net-Library and the Open Client-Library - sybase.gateways

JavaScript Client Library for Google APIs Alpha version released
... efforts to provide infrastructure and tools to make it easier for developers to use Google APIs: we have released the Google APIs Client Library ...

Python Client Library for Google APIs is out of Beta
Antonio Joe By Joe Gregorio and Antonio Fuentes, Google Developer Team We have awesome news for Python developers. The Python Client Library ...

Adobe, Facebook Unite for ActionScript 3 Client Library on Facebook Platform
Adobe says that developers can now utilize its ActionScript 3 Client Library in building new applications for the Facebook Platform. With the ...

Google Updates Java Client Library for AdWords API
Google has released a new Java Client Library for the AdWords API. In version 2.1.0, minor fixes have been made which include removing j2ee dependencies, ...

Serious flaw in GnuTLS library endangers SSL clients and systems
... to crash TLS clients and potentially execute malicious code on underlying systems was patched in the popular GnuTLS cryptographic library.

GnuTLS library flaw could expose SSL clients, systems
... to crash TLS clients and potentially execute malicious code on underlying systems was patched in the popular GnuTLS cryptographic library.

Serious flaw in GnuTLS library endangers SSL clients and systems
... to crash TLS clients and potentially execute malicious code on underlying systems was patched in the popular GnuTLS cryptographic library. The ...

Serious flaw in GnuTLS library endangers SSL clients and systems
... to crash TLS clients and potentially execute malicious code on underlying systems was patched in the popular GnuTLS cryptographic library. ...

Airbnb Open Sources Rendr, A Library For Running Backbone.js Apps On Both Client And Server
Airbnb today announced that it is open sourcing Rendr , its library for running Backbone.js apps seamlessly on both the client and the server. ...

GA Release for Google APIs Client Library for .NET
... language on nearly any hardware, you can call any of our APIs. However, to be truly useful on many platforms, it helps to have a client library ...