This newsgroup will become read only on March 5

Please note this newsgroup will become read-only on March 5.  Please use
one of the following newsgroups to post your easerver questions.

0
Karen

THIS NEWSGROUP HAS SPLIT AND WILL BECOME READ ONLY
***ATTENTION, AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2001 THIS NEWSGROUP HAS SPLIT. *** ***AS OF MARCH 1, 2001 THIS NEWSGROUP WILL BECOME READ-ONLY *** In response to your requests and due to the increased traffic as well as the diversity of questions, we have split the easerver newsgroup into multiple smaller, more specialized newsgroups. The following newsgroups are now active: > easerver.general General questions, introductions, installation, etc > easerver.j2ee EAS J2EE implementation questions including overall J2EE support. > easerver.corba EAS CORBA implemen...

THIS NEWSGROUP HAS SPLIT AND WILL BECOME READ-ONLY
***ATTENTION, AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2001 THIS NEWSGROUP HAS SPLIT. *** ***AS OF MARCH 1, 2001 THIS NEWSGROUP WILL BECOME READ-ONLY *** In response to your requests and due to the increased traffic as well as the diversity of questions, we have split the easerver newsgroup into multiple smaller, more specialized newsgroups. The following newsgroups are now active: > easerver.general General questions, introductions, installation, etc > easerver.j2ee EAS J2EE implementation questions including overall J2EE support. > easerver.corba EAS CORBA implemen...

This newsgroup will soon become read only
On Friday, May 3 this newsgroup will be marked read only. Questions regarding distributed development using EAServer should be posted in one of the sybase.public.easerver sections. Questions regarding distributed development using Distributed PB (a PB7 and earlier feature) should be posted in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general. ...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

THIS NEWSGROUP HAS SPLIT AND WILL BECOME READ-ONLY #2
***ATTENTION, AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2001 THIS NEWSGROUP HAS SPLIT. *** ***AS OF MARCH 1, 2001 THIS NEWSGROUP WILL BECOME READ-ONLY *** In response to your requests and due to the increased traffic as well as the diversity of questions, we have split the easerver newsgroup into multiple smaller, more specialized newsgroups. The following newsgroups are now active: > easerver.general General questions, introductions, installation, etc > easerver.j2ee EAS J2EE implementation questions including overall J2EE support. > easerver.corba EAS CORBA implemen...

Newsgroups will be down on March 21st, 2007 between 4.30 PM and 5.30 PM PDT.
Newsgroups will be down on March 21st, 2007 between 4.30 PM and 5.30 PM PDT. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Thanks Newsgroups Support. ...

Newsgroups will be down on March 21st, 2007 between 4.30 PM and 5.30 PM PDT.
Newsgroups will be down on March 21st, 2007 between 4.30 PM and 5.30 PM PDT. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Thanks Newsgroups Support. ...

Newsgroups will be down on March 21st, 2007 between 4.30 PM and 5.30 PM PDT.
Newsgroups will be down on March 21st, 2007 between 4.30 PM and 5.30 PM PDT. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Thanks Newsgroups Support. ...

Newsgroups will be down on March 21st, 2007 between 4.30 PM and 5.30 PM PDT.
Newsgroups will be down on March 21st, 2007 between 4.30 PM and 5.30 PM PDT. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Thanks Newsgroups Support. ...

will our doman/groupwise 5.5 become a relay?
Jsmith, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in the "free product support" drop down box. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.nov...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

will our doman/groupwise 5.5 become a relay? #2
we just set up a exception to relay on our in our GWIA -OUT SMTP. we added our domain to it. @ourcompanydomain.com cause need to send certian e-mails daily via a java program that generates mails and sends them via our GWIA -OUT SMTP And one person also uses Out Look Express. Does this open us up to Relay? I hope not. any help in locking this down for that not to happen would be great. We have set "Prevent Message Relaying" Exceptions Allow From: To *@ourcompanydomain.com * Thank you James S Very much so. Many spammers try spamming u...

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )?
Hi All, How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )? Id any one have any example then please share with me Thanks cs99cs1@hotmail.com wrote... > How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver > 5.3. )? > > Id any one have any example then please share with me This might get you started. It works for me. // Get the cookie info from the browser so that the number of pages // per row can be set to what they wanted last time there were on // this screen. String c...

IE Tab 1.5.20090525 will not work with this release, when will it become comatible?
Name: fire fox 3.6.13 Email: winfieldsatbresnandotnet Product: Firefox Summary: IE Tab 1.5.20090525 will not work with this release, when will it become comatible? Comments: when will it become compatible? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

5.5.00 can't read 5.5.03 db ?
Is a database that was used/updated with a 5.5.03 engine not readable by a 5.5.00 engine? I have a 5.5.00 server database which I copied to my local computer which is using PB with 5.5.03 engine. I've modified/pipelined new data into it and have copied it back to the server. The server engine cannot read the database now. I get an error saying "fatal error cannot read database" (or something like that). I cannot do a validate database from SQL Central on the server either. On the local computer, everything is fine. I thought all 5.5.xx database file formats were interchangable. Yes? Is this problem something else? TIA >Is a database that was used/updated with a 5.5.03 engine not readable by a >5.5.00 engine? I have a 5.5.00 server database which I copied to my local >computer which is using PB with 5.5.03 engine. I've modified/pipelined new >data into it and have copied it back to the server. The server engine cannot >read the database now. I get an error saying "fatal error cannot read >database" (or something like that). I cannot do a validate database from SQL >Central on the server either. On the local computer, everything is fine. I >thought all 5.5.xx database file formats were interchangable. Yes? Is this >problem something else? I think this problem is something else. You should be able to access and modify the same db using both 5.5.00 and 5.5.03. Only DBINITing (and maybe DBUPGR...

EAServer upgrade from 4.2.5 to 5.5
Our application is currently running Enterprise Edition EAServer 4.2.5 on a Solaris 8 platform. We would like to upgrade to EAServer 5.5. Therefore, do we simply need to perform the 2 steps below? Step 1: Download the EAServer Developer - Product Release 5.2 Feb 2005 software install it Step 2: Download the EBF 13994: 5.5 Update from Jan 2007 and install it Thanks for you help. Dan That would be for your Development environment. Obviously, to migrate your Production servers, you'll need to acquire a license for each server instance. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] pau...

This newsgroup will soon be marked read only
On Friday, May 3 this newsgroup will be marked read only. Further questions regarding the internet developer toolkit should be posted in the powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general section. ...

This newsgroup will go into read only mode
This newsgroup will become read only on Monday, September 10, 2001 but will remain on the news server indefinitely. Please use the the following newsgroups for posting questions on JConnect. For issues specific to JConnect 4X, please post to news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.jconnect40 For issues specific to JConnect 5X, please post to news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.jconnect50 For questions and issues that are not JConnect version specific, please post to news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.jconnect Karen Nilsen Sybase Newsgroup Administrator ...

About this newsgroup
Hi, We notice that every now and then, people are posting questions about the SeaMonkey suite in this newsgroup - but that might not be the best idea if you want to get a real reply from our community. For questions on the SeaMonkey suite project, please look at the groups and other sources list on http://www.seamonkey-project.org/community instead, you will find a vibrant community there instead of the mostly dead place this usenet group is nowdays. Here is why: This newsgroup was created for the original "Seamonkey project" of the newly-founded Netscape-driven moz...

This newsgroup will soon be marked read only
On Friday, May 3 this newsgroup will be marked read only. Further questions regarding web.pb should be posted in the powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general section. ...

But you will most likely become very horny and your vulva will become engorged in blood and very sensitive to the touch.

Web resources about - This newsgroup will become read only on March 5 - sybase.easerver

Netscape Mail & Newsgroups - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Netscape Mail and Newsgroups , commonly known as just Netscape Mail , was an email and news client produced by Netscape Communications Corporation ...

Chinese newsgroup accused of extorting companies for coverage
Chinese newsgroup accused of extorting companies for coverage People's Daily Online Eight people from 21cbh.com, including the editor-in-chief, ...

NY attorney general gets more ISPs to block alt.* newsgroups
New York's Attorney General has turned his initial efforts against online …

ISPs agree to block access to child porn sites, newsgroups
Verizon, Sprint, and Time Warner Cable agree to block Internet newsgroups and Web sites nationwide that disseminate child pornography, according ...

Microsoft Plans Newsgroups Shutdown
Microsoft plans to close the more than 2,000 public newsgroups and 2,200 private newsgroups devoted to its various products and services. Discussions ...

NBCUniversal Newsgroup jobs - mediabistro.com
Jobs and recruiting for social media and traditional media professionals covering journalism, social media marketing, social games, web development, ...

Google Acquires Deja Newsgroup Service - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)
Google purchased the Deja newsgroup archives last month and is now running them within its own site. Despite saving the service, Google came ...

Best and latest newsgroup - Page 2 of 5 info
... Subscribers Breaking RapidShare Stops Washington Lobbying Efforts and Regains Pirate Stamp On: 21/02/2014 Comments: 48 All Results For: newsgroup ...

More ISPs Decide to Filter Usenet Newsgroups
... in pressuring AOL and AT&T to join the ranks of Verizon, Sprint, and Time Warner Cable in limiting access to many or all of the Usenet newsgroups ...

AOL ditches newsgroups
Lack of use Win a Samsung 40-inch LED HDTV with The Reg and HP! AOL is pulling the plug on servers hosting newsgroups. AOL subscribers will ...