Struts framework

Hi,

Anyone tried to use the Struts framework from jakarta.apache.org?

I imported the war files, but I can not get it to work...
Berndt

I have a general question:
If you download stuff from jakarta you have always installation instructions for
different Appl. servers, but I miss one *essential* one:

EAServer

Maybe Sybase could define a person (Team Sybase??) which works closer with these
guys?
I am sure that this would be a real win for Sybase. It's not nice when you
download something from the java community (SUN or jakarta) and you can not find
any installation instructions for Jaguar (most of the time (one exception is the
PetShop and Cocoon)).

Please, this is not to criticize Sybase in any way, but I think there should be
done *MORE* and I am sure it would help all: Sybase will sell more Jaguars and
the developers have it easier to use the product and get out solutions faster.

Here an example (Struts framework install. examples):

Status of various containers -- as reported by volunteers on the Struts-User
list.

* Tomcat 3.1+ Standalone - No additonal steps required.
* Resin 2.1+ Standalone - No additional steps required.
* WebLogic 6.0+ - No additional steps required.

* Bluestone Universal Business Server - Additional steps provided below.
* JRUN - Additional steps provided below.
* Orion Application Server - Additional steps provided below.
* Tomcat 3.1+ with Apache - Additional steps provided below.
* Weblogic 5.1 (sp8) - Additional steps provided below.

* Websphere - Determination pending.

So I played with the EAServer integratoin again (on my own), maybe this helps
some other people out there.

1) I 'upgraded' my EAServer JSP engine to 3.2.1
2) I added Xerces to get away the SAXParser errors
3) I added the XML files which were *NOT* imported into Jaguar from the .war
files :(

Now I come closer, but I get in the srv.log:

Mar 02 09:39:00 2001: resolveEntity('-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts
Configuration 1.0//EN',
'http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd')
Mar 02 09:39:00 2001:  Not registered, use system identifier
Mar 02 09:39:00 2001: resolveEntity('-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts
Configuration 1.0//EN',
'http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd')
Mar 02 09:39:00 2001:  Not registered, use system identifier
Mar 02 09:39:00 2001: resolveEntity('-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts
Configuration 1.0//EN',
'http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd')
Mar 02 09:39:00 2001:  Not registered, use system identifier
Mar 02 09:39:00 2001: Stopped: CosNaming/NamingContext
Mar 02 09:39:00 2001: resolveEntity('-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts
Configuration 1.0//EN',
'http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd')
Mar 02 09:39:00 2001:  Not registered, use system identifier

On Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:13:39 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.easerver
Berndt Hamboeck <bhamboec@gmx.at> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Anyone tried to use the Struts framework from jakarta.apache.org?
>
>I imported the war files, but I can not get it to work...
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
Berndt
3/2/2001 9:14:22 AM
Still problems, but the pages are shown....

>1) I 'upgraded' my EAServer JSP engine to 3.2.1
>2) I added Xerces to get away the SAXParser errors
>3) I added the XML files which were *NOT* imported into Jaguar from the .war
>files :(

4) Changed:

index.jsp, logon.jsp: Change <html:html locale="true"> to

logon.jsp: Change redisplay="false"> to
redisplay="<%= false %>"

registration.jsp, subscription.jsp: Change all instances of filter="true" to
filter="<%= true %>"
0
Berndt
3/2/2001 9:59:53 AM
Can we migrate this to the new newsgroups  so we can not loose this thread.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Berndt Hamboeck" <bhamboec@gmx.at> wrote in message
> Still problems, but the pages are shown....
>
> >1) I 'upgraded' my EAServer JSP engine to 3.2.1
> >2) I added Xerces to get away the SAXParser errors
> >3) I added the XML files which were *NOT* imported into Jaguar from the
..war
> >files :(
>
> 4) Changed:
>
> index.jsp, logon.jsp: Change <html:html locale="true"> to
>
> logon.jsp: Change redisplay="false"> to
> redisplay="<%= false %>"
>
> registration.jsp, subscription.jsp: Change all instances of filter="true"
> filter="<%= true %>"

0
Dave
3/3/2001 11:15:18 PM
Is this struts 1.0 beta 1? I got the struts 0.5 build working in EAServer
just fine (after adding the 'forgotten' XML files, that is<g>), with no
extra steps.

I will try the beta 1 build today or tomorrow and report back.

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Berndt Hamboeck" <bhamboec@gmx.at> wrote in message
> Still problems, but the pages are shown....
>
> >1) I 'upgraded' my EAServer JSP engine to 3.2.1
> >2) I added Xerces to get away the SAXParser errors
> >3) I added the XML files which were *NOT* imported into Jaguar from the
..war
> >files :(
>
> 4) Changed:
>
> index.jsp, logon.jsp: Change <html:html locale="true"> to
>
> logon.jsp: Change redisplay="false"> to
> redisplay="<%= false %>"
>
> registration.jsp, subscription.jsp: Change all instances of filter="true"
> filter="<%= true %>"

0
Roy
3/4/2001 4:02:38 PM
I would, but I use www.pfcguide.com for reading and writing, because I am on a
CT site where I can not use a news-reader. And there are not the new groups :(

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001 18:15:18 -0500,
Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote:
>Can we migrate this to the new newsgroups  so we can not loose this thread.
>
>Dave Wolf
>Internet Applications Division
>
>"Berndt Hamboeck" <bhamboec@gmx.at> wrote in message
>> Still problems, but the pages are shown....
>>
>> >1) I 'upgraded' my EAServer JSP engine to 3.2.1
>> >2) I added Xerces to get away the SAXParser errors
>> >3) I added the XML files which were *NOT* imported into Jaguar from the
>..war
>> >files :(
>>
>> 4) Changed:
>>
>> index.jsp, logon.jsp: Change <html:html locale="true"> to
>>
>> logon.jsp: Change redisplay="false"> to
>> redisplay="<%= false %>"
>>
>> registration.jsp, subscription.jsp: Change all instances of filter="true"
>> filter="<%= true %>"

Berndt
3/5/2001 8:13:04 AM
You can use the mySybase newsreader, which is also HTML-based
(http://my.sybase.com/detail_list/1,3691,5901,00.html?)

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

> I would, but I use www.pfcguide.com for reading and writing, because I am
on a
> CT site where I can not use a news-reader. And there are not the new
groups :(

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2001 18:15:18 -0500,
>  in powersoft.public.easerver
> Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote:
> >Can we migrate this to the new newsgroups  so we can not loose this
thread.

> >Dave Wolf
> >Internet Applications Division
> >
> >"Berndt Hamboeck" <bhamboec@gmx.at> wrote in message
> >> Still problems, but the pages are shown....

> >..war
> >>
> >> 4) Changed:
> >>
> >> index.jsp, logon.jsp: Change <html:html locale="true"> to
> >>
> >> logon.jsp: Change redisplay="false"> to
> >> redisplay="<%= false %>"
> >>
> >> registration.jsp, subscription.jsp: Change all instances of
filter="true"
> >> filter="<%= true %>"

Roy

Struts in EAServer
I am interested in using Struts framework. Are there any installation setup procedures ? this page http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/installation.html lists many app servers but EAServer is missing. I couldn't find anything in sybase.com either. If anyone has successfully installed and using Struts in EAServer, can you please share your experience with me. Particularly, as a beginner I would like to try struts-example.war Thanks a lot! With EAServer4 I was able to install the example. Install it and try: http://localhost:8080/struts-example I get some errors in the J...

Struts on EAServer
Hello everybody I'm new one on this newsgroup, because I was insteresting EAServer. I need help in one issue. I can't find how to install struts library(tag lib) on EAServer. Could somebody help me? What should I set, or where copy struts (*.jar files) I used Jboss earlier, so there it was simple, enough if you copy *.jar from struts/lib to lib on jboss, but on EAServer I don't know how plug in struts. Please help good people. I will be greatfull. Marek Running a Struts app under EAServer is exactly the same as running under any other servlet engine. I typica...

STRUTS and EASERVER
Hey I want to pass a Powerbuilder Struture from script java. I declared a PB function uf_setstructure ( str ), compiled stubs , compiled my code (eclipse) but i execute my application, i have an error detected in CTS.PBUserException. The message is not display with the function getmessage(). I don't know what append!!! sample script java: grade is value object str_gradecode str=null; str.grade_code=grade.getCode(); str.grade_llibelle=grade.getLibelle(); try{ row = iJagComponent.uf_setstructure(str) ; } catch (CTS.PBUserException aException) {log.e...

Struts with EAServer
Has anyone implemeted the controller or any other component of STRUTS using EASERVER? ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Please search back through the newsgroups.... there are number of known issues with Struts and EAServer 3.6.x. I did a write-up sometime back explaining the issues (not a solution I know, but CRs are open in engineering and being worked on, and Struts behaves very well on beta versions of EAServer 4.0). -- Jason Weiss eBusiness Division * remove __nospam__ from address to e-mail directly. ...

Framework for EAserver?
Hi, I'm once a powerbuilder developer now convert to web application development. In pb's 2-tier projects we used pfc-based application framework. Does pfc has any counterpart in easerver world? Thanks and best regards. Feng I reccoment the EAF framework from DDS. http://www.dyn-data.com/ Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "Feng Zhu" <fzhu@sumerp.com> wrote in message news:YptOofRn$GA.316@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I'm once a powerbuilder developer now convert to web application > development. In pb's ...

Struts : DisplayTag with EAServer
I=b4m working with the framework struts and EAServer 5.0.0, i want to use the displaytag (SourceForge 1.0) i already configured the web.xml as i did with Tomcat 5.0, EA server shows an error message 500. I=b4d like to know if EAServer supports this kind of tag or if it needs an special configuration. Thanks a lot There is a bug in the EAServer JSP compiler that prevents current release DisplayTag table tag from compiling. I reported this to TS and it was confirmed as a bug. Can't say when a fix will be available. b2 version of DisplayTag will compile, although there ar...

Struts, EAServer and JagAnt
Hi all, We have developed a small application using Struts and have deployed it on EAServer (4.0)using JagAnt. So far so good. But when we re-deploy the application we have the following problems: 1) Get an error when system tries to overwrite struts JAR files as EAServer has them locked. Can we pass a parameter or change some setting? 2) All JSP files in WAR are considered new by EAServer as it tries to recompile each when accessed via web, even though only one may have changed. Can we identify anything during deployement that not all are new? We do not have above indicat...

Powerbuilder/EAServer framework
Hi, My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled. Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework. Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web applications. PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7. thank you Sarah Check out the framework from cynergysystems.com. -- Jason Weiss eBusiness Systems Group "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tIG04vzqBHA.204@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make the...

EAServer errors when using Struts
Hi, We have an application that conforms to J2EE standard and uses Struts framework. We have deployed part of this application on TOMCAT and it works fine. When we deploy it on EAServer we get errors. One of the properties in a bean used in a JSP page is not found. The bean in question is developed by us and not struts. Does anybody know why this might be happening? Any experience in using Struts and EAServer? Any known problems with using Struts and EAServer? EAServer version: 4.1 build 41025 Operating System Windows2000 Thanks, Vive...

EAServer 4.2 and Struts
--------------070903010608000307040009 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit We have a business method of a stateful session EJB 1.1 returning a page of a list retrieved from the DB. The method is called from inside an action of the Apache Struts framework and the returned value is a wrapper object containing a java.util.ArrayList object having the rows of the list. A single row of the list is represented by an org.apache.commons.beanutils.DynaBean class of the Apache common-beanutils library. We got the following except...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

Please Share Your DDS EAServer Framework Experiences
Hi everyone, We are new to EAServer, but not new to PowerBuilder. We require EAServer training and we are interested in the concept of an EAServer framework, which has led us to DDS (Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.) Please provide us with your opinions of and experiences with DDS training and their EAF (EAServer framework). Also, are you aware of other frameworks for EAServer? Thank you, Robert Bernier CSA Travel Protection rbernier@csatravelprotection.com ...

Opinions on the PB / EAServer app framework from Cynergy Systems
Bruce Armstrong suggested I re-post this message here in order to get a better response... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------- Has anyone developed serious distributed PB / EAServer / HTML Datawindow apps using the PB Enterprise Application Framework from Cynergy Systems (Carson Hagar's company)? I read the whitepaper and it looks very good, at least design-wise. Has anyone had any real-life experiences with it that they would be willing to share? We are evaluating it for possible web-enabling of our PB app. TIA, --...

Web resources about - Struts framework - sybase.easerver

Natasha Stott Despoja launches 'world first' framework to address domestic violence
Australia's first national, evidence-based domestic violence framework was launched at Parliament House on Tuesday.

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow could arrive this week
Towards the end of October we told you that Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow would soon become available for all. While that's still ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
... very well be nixed by EU's top court. Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework ...

UI Frameworks – Bootstrap
... you produce a responsive website. About Bootstrap To quote the Bootstrap website: “Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Google Launches Framework to Load Content on Mobile Web Quickly
Google gives publishers a way to load content faster on mobile Web; FireEye reveals new Android malvertising threat; Samsung's Q3 profit forecasts ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...