redirect from jsp

Is it possible to redirect from a jsp to another jsp or servlet in a
different frame?  If you cannot, how does the browser or the servlet engine
know what frame to populate when you do a redirect?  Last, is it possible
to have a servlet do a println, and then a redirect to a different frame
than the print went to?

Thanks

Paul
0
pauld

Redirecting a different frame requires javascript but you could generate
that from a servlet/jsp.

parent.framename.location.href = 'urlhere.jsp';

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Cynergy Systems, Inc.
Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
http://www.cynergysystems.com

<pauld@middlewarecg.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to redirect from a jsp to another jsp or servlet in a
> different frame?  If you cannot, how does the browser or the servlet
engine
> know what frame to populate when you do a redirect?  Last, is it possible
> to have a servlet do a println, and then a redirect to a different frame
> than the print went to?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

0
Carson

Easerver JSP container not JSP compliant
Hello, I'm asking me if EAServer is fully JSP compliant. I have a custom tag for invoking PB components in the META-INF directory of a jar file. The TLD is called taglib.tld. The jar file is in the html\classes directory of the EAServer installation. And the CLASSPATH has an entry for that path. Have a web application with a web.xml specifying this: <taglib> <taglib-uri>http://Ntdesarrollo:9003/classes</taglib-uri> <taglib-location>FISDL.jar</taglib-location> </taglib> Have a page with this statemet: <%@ taglib uri="http://Ntde...

EAServer Redirect
- EAServer 4.2.2. (build 42211) hi all, i have a web application, it's url is: http://<hostname>:8080/xProject/ if the users access this URL, how do i redirect it to, let's say.. https://<hostname>:8090/xProject/ You can let the server handle this within the web application configuration. In the security tab of the web application, create a security constraint and add all of the resources you want to lock down under ssl. Then select a transport guarantee of integral or confidential. Integral locks down just the authentication pages and confidenti...

Redirecting to .JSP
I want to redirect to an existing .jsp file, but my browser seemed to be not able to display this page. I always get HTTP 404 error. I've installed Tomcat and J2EE and configured IIS6 to use an ISAPI redirector. The pages under the Tomcat root can be displayed by my browser, but when I run my project under Visual Studio 2003, it can't display the .jsp files. What should I be doing first before calling .jsp files? I think you need to do more, try the thread below to download the Java interpoperability tool kit.  Hope this helps. http://forums.asp.net/1036913/ShowPost.aspxKind ...

What is Default port in EAServer (How to access html/jsp page in EAServer 5.2)
How to access html/jsp page in EAServer 5.2 I am trying access the default application with EAServer but I forget how to access it I guess I giving wrong port number but I don=e2�=99t know what is correct port number. http://10.0.9.66:9000/SysMgmt/about.html I tried http://10.0.9.66:8080/SysMgmt/about.html can any one help to find it correctly Hi Jenny; Run EAS 5.2 as a DOS application (from the installed EAS short-cut menus) and note the port assignments in the Command dialog window. I am loath to tell you the default ones because you may of changed them at ...

What is Default port in EAServer (How to access html/jsp page in EAServer 5.2)
How to access html/jsp page in EAServer 5.2 I am trying access the default application with EAServer but I forget how to access it I guess I giving wrong port number but I don=e2�=99t know what is correct port number. http://10.0.9.66:9000/SysMgmt/about.html I tried http://10.0.9.66:8080/SysMgmt/about.html can any one help to find it correctly 8080 is the correct default port number. What do you see for listeners if you connect via EAServer Manager? Also - are you sure about the IP? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Jenny> wrote in message news:4a4390ba.7e...

What Source Control works for .jsp Files used with PB nvo's to run on EAServer? (For the .jsp files)
I desparately need help with this question. We are converting our old PB-Web application that used to run with .asp on IIS on a Windows NT server with a SQL Server back end. Now we have to use PB nvo's, .jsp, and java on EAServer on a Sun Solaris server with a Sybase back end. We had a consultant come help us get a structure set up that we could continue to extend in order to convert our whole application. Everything is coming along, except that we are a multi-developer environment and can't figure out what to use for source control for the .jsp, java, .js supporting file...

Redirect to JSP page
I am using EAServer 4.1. EAServer is configured for HOST_NAME ,I use IP Address to access the JSP page. I am redirecting from a JSP page after processing the users request to a.jsp using response.sendRedirect("/MDS/users/a.jsp"); (response.sendRedirect redirect to JSP page along with the absolute path) the URl changes to http://HOST_NAME:8080//MDS/users/a.jsp. Is it possible to redirect to a JSP page without the URL getting changed i.e IP address changing to HOST_NAME. I am not able to use <jsp:forward as it fails for the following condition <jsp:forward page...

JSP EAServer book
We have a web.pb app done in PB7 utilizing HTML as front-end. We are looking at converting it to PB10 and EAServer. I've looked at the samples out there and I'm still stumped as to how I can properly handle the conversion. Any recommendations for a good book and/or training that covers EAServer 5, JSP and Powerbuilder 10? Also, I'm looking at the 'JSP for the PowerBuilder Developer' computer based training I found at Branick Consulting site. Has anybody used it and any comments. TIA. If you send me an email I'll be glad to send you more details about t...

Conditional JSP Redirection
We are using a EAServer and JSP's to develope a web enabled PowerBuilder application using Jaguar components. We need to do condition redirection. How do people determine the pageparameters submitted to the previos JSP when redirecting back to the previos JSP? We are not planing to use cookie at this point? Thank in advance, John pageA.jsp? - calls pageB.jsp with some parameters. user (i assume fills something on pageB.jsp) goes to pageC.jsp pageC.jsp now wants to go back to pageB.jsp but it lost parameters sent by pageA.jsp. Is this what you have in mind? Ther...

easerver jsp slow
Hi there, I have running a EAServer 4 with powerdynamo for a few years and it works always fine since now. I decided to install EAServer 5.2 and convert all to JSP. It still work fine but it's very slow compile jsp files with the directives: a.. <%@ page import="com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.*" %> b.. <%@ page import="com.sybase.CORBA.ORB" %> c.. <%@ page import="java.util.Properties" %> I already read the performance book and did make some adjustments but still slow. Any one has this experience?...

EAServer which JSP API?
Hi can anyone urgently tell which JSP API does EAS 5.2 support regards emre dincer jsp 1.2 "Emre DINCER" <emre.dincer@sybase.com.tr>, haber iletisinde sunlari yazdi:42b2c63e@forums-1-dub... > Hi > can anyone urgently tell which JSP API does EAS 5.2 support > regards > emre dincer > > ...

Default JSP on EAServer
I have deployed a JSP to EAServer in a file called index.jsp and set the default HTML page in the server properties to index.jsp. When I access http://test.pickles.com.au/index.jsp, I get the results of the JSP returned to the browser, but when I access http://test.pickles.com.au I get the JSP source. Is this correct behaviour for EAS? If so, is there any clean way to set a JSP as the default page on EAS instead of a static page? David Tillotson davidt@pickles.com.au Are you by chance using version 3.6 of EA Server? There was a bug in that version that displayed unprocessed JSP ...

Apache plug-in is redirecting to EAServer
Hi, I have installed the apache plugin in a fresh Apache httpd 1.3.26 in Win2k , and trying to redirect to a WebApp in an EAServer 4.1.1 in Win2k that uses form-based authentication. Apache httpd is located at http://candela, and EAserver is at http://10.7.7.162:80. When I try to access the web app through apache, as http://candela/jsp/, I get redirected to http://10.7.7.162/jsp/login/login.jsp, but I was expecting to get http://candela/jsp/login/login.jsp !! I've checked the http traffic, and the http 302 redirects are absolute, not relative, both with apache plugin and easerver...

Response.Redirect not redirecting
 Hello all, I am trying to use the sample code for testing whether or not a browser accepts cookies (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178194.aspx). Unfortunately, I can not get the cookie test page to redirect back to the original page.  I have stripped away everything but the response.redirect statement and tried firing the cookie test page by itself.  The page loads fine, but won't redirect. Here is my current code: Imports System.WebPartial Class CookieAcceptanceTest    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Sub Page_Load()&...

Web resources about - redirect from jsp - sybase.easerver

Wikipedia:Redirect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Asteroid Redirect Mission: Boulder Collection Concept - YouTube
This animation illustrates one of two robotic mission concepts under consideration for NASA's Asteroid Redirect Mission. In this concept, the ...

CloudFlare boss’s Gmail hacked in redirect attack on 4Chan
Content distribution network CloudFlare reset all its customer API keys over the weekend after its CEO’s personal and corporate Gmail was breached ...

Return to sender: is it really that hard to redirect your mail when you move?
Scrawling &quot;return to sender&quot; on past residents' mail is getting old, writes Meena Evers.

Parramatta shootings: We need to redouble our efforts to redirect all at-risk teens from a destructive ...
He was too young to drive, and too young to vote. We may discover why he killed, but we may not. What we can do is boost our efforts to divert ...

Budget 2015: Generic drug prices expected to fall as Government redirects health spending
Patients will benefit from a significant drop in the price of many common drugs with changes due in next week's budget.

Redirect 'spying,' ad funds to student jobs, Tories told
The federal government is highlighting its funding for student summer jobs at the same time it has come under fire from the opposition for the ...

Colorado governor candidate redirects volunteers to Douglas County races
KUSA-Republican gubernatorial candidate and current Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler is wading into a local school board election. ...

China’s ‘Great Cannon’ Uses DDoS Style Redirects for Censorship
... the great firewall works to block traffic by terminating links; it can’t alter the traffic, just stop it. The great cannon modifies and redirects ...

Apple - Redirect to Terms
Apple - Redirect to Terms