Re: Unable to connect to database with profile XXX

This problems should be fixed in the latest patch.

ftp.powersoft.com
/pub/private   (this is a blind directory -- you have to know the file name)
file:
pd202ebf.zip  (latest set of fixes for PD 2.02)

Kevin Chamberlain wrote in message ...
>Thanks for your note Carson:-
>
>Yes, this could be the case that ONLY 5 PowerDynamo sites are in USE at any
>time, as the problem seems to be very dynamic.
>
>Currently we have a situation where I have 2 mappings to the same
>PowerDynamo site, (using different directories) - 1 of them works fine, the
>other comes up "Unable to connect to profile".
>
>There are 18 connections shown on the server, but I can still connect from
>SQL Central to further databases - we have 6 PowerDynamo sites currently
>connected (with between 1 & 5 connections each) however even when I kill
the
>connections to one of the sites, I still cannot re-connect.
>
>Presumably a possible workaround would be to run a second server, but this
>would give us licence problems (& port addresses) - any other thoughts??
>

>Carson Hager[TeamPS] wrote in message ...
>>Kevin,
>>
>>There was a limit to the number of PD sites you could run simultaneously
on
>>one server, but I think it was much less than 12.  As a matter of fact, I
>>think the limit was 5.  I spoke to the PowerDynamo team about this and
they
>>acknowledgeed that it was a bug.  I do not know if it has been resolved
>yet.
>>
>>Does this match what you are seeing?
>>

>>Carson
>>

>----snip
>>>Kevin Chamberlain
>>>SWIS
>>>(www.swis.net)

0
Alex

Alex:

We did upgrade to the pd202 that you sent us. However we are still getting the
same message "Re: Unable to connect to database with profile XX"  Any ideas.

We are also looking into upgrading to PD3.0 which is part of EA Server 3.0. Does
anyone know which versions of Solaris and which versions of Netscae Enterprise
Server work with it.  We are at Solaris 2.6 or better and Netscape ES 3.61 or
better.  Where can I get the new "so" and "res" etc.

thanks
Sury chudamani
chuda@sba.gov
202-205-6399

Alex Wilson wrote:

> This problems should be fixed in the latest patch.
>
> ftp.powersoft.com
> /pub/private   (this is a blind directory -- you have to know the file name)
> file:
> pd202ebf.zip  (latest set of fixes for PD 2.02)
>
> Kevin Chamberlain wrote in message ...
> >Thanks for your note Carson:-
> >
> >Yes, this could be the case that ONLY 5 PowerDynamo sites are in USE at any
> >time, as the problem seems to be very dynamic.
> >
> >Currently we have a situation where I have 2 mappings to the same
> >PowerDynamo site, (using different directories) - 1 of them works fine, the
> >other comes up "Unable to connect to profile".
> >
> >There are 18 connections shown on the server, but I can still connect from
> >SQL Central to further databases - we have 6 PowerDynamo sites currently
> >connected (with between 1 & 5 connections each) however even when I kill
> the
> >connections to one of the sites, I still cannot re-connect.
> >
> >Presumably a possible workaround would be to run a second server, but this
> >would give us licence problems (& port addresses) - any other thoughts??
> >

> >Carson Hager[TeamPS] wrote in message ...
> >>Kevin,
> >>
> >>There was a limit to the number of PD sites you could run simultaneously
> on
> >>one server, but I think it was much less than 12.  As a matter of fact, I
> >>think the limit was 5.  I spoke to the PowerDynamo team about this and
> they
> >>acknowledgeed that it was a bug.  I do not know if it has been resolved
> >yet.
> >>
> >>Does this match what you are seeing?
> >>

> >>Carson
> >>

> >----snip

0
chuda

Unable to connect to database with profile XXX
We've been running PD 2.0 with IIS4.0 for several months now, generally very successfully. We have 12 differeent WWW connected databases on our server, but in the last few days various ones of them stop working with a 'Unable to connect to database with profile XXX' error - which can only be cleared by stopping & restarting IIS. There also seem to be a lot of connections to all the databases. Is there a limit to the number of connections, and if so is there any way to prevent or reduce the number of connections from the ISAPI?? Kevin Chamberlain SWIS (www.swi...

PowerDynamo
With POWERDYNAMO I configured my database site by Sybase Central on NT Server with IIS4.0. When I try to visit it in IE5.0 appear "Unable to connect to databases with profile XXX". But ODBC connection and <default> connection into database site are corretly. ??? What don't work? Thanks Saul, make sure there is _ODBC connection_ to your site database with the _name_ XXX. Christian Saul Convalle wrote: > With POWERDYNAMO > I configured my database site by Sybase Central on NT Server with IIS4.0. > When I try to visit it in IE5....

Unable to connect to database with profile ....
--------------9256BB66F2B3887B65CFD652 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi : Yesterday I created new project in PowerSite of my PC, and IMPORT all of other project WINDOWS NT, I copy my library of DataWindow Buildes, and create NEW PROFILE for see the SAME Site of PowerDynamo. (BEFORE I WORK IN THE SAME NT MACHINE, BUT I NEED NOW WORK IN MY PC AND DEPLOY TO MY NT SERVER) I See all OK, BUT (after move) when I update my html and DEPLOY I don't see this update, (but if make a new page I see in my site of PD and in my browser(but no...

unable to connect to the profile database
Hi, I need some help on using the profile features of the ASP.Net 2.0. I developed the app using the default ASPNETDB.MDF on my local machine. Everything was fine. I also duplicated the ASPNETDB on SQL Server 2005 because I don't want to use the SQL Express database in production. After deploying my application on a web server with IIS 6.0 using an application pool identity, and pointing to the SQL database (NBI_aspnet in my case), everything worked fine also.   Now when I changed my Web.config to point to the SQL Server database instead of the ASPNETDB.MDF on ...

Unable to connect to database with profile
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C094CB.1B86B9A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am getting the error "Unable to connect to database with profile XXX" = when trying to access my website. The "XXX" is the correct name of the = profile I have setup. My mapping in PowerDynamo is correct and I can = connect to the ASA database in PowerDynamo and the ODBC administrator = using the DSN that my mapping points to. One weird thing is that I create the ODBC ...

Unable to connect to database server: Unable to start database engine
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. However, here goes. I am using PB 7.0 I set up my database using the ODBC Data Source Administrator configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere (System DSN). Then I created my profile. I tested the connection and it worked fine. Then I went to Jaguar Manager, created the Connection Cache using the database I just setup. I setup everything currectly including using the odbc32.dll (Driver Tab) I got this error when I pinged it: (error is taken from my aguar's srv.log file) May 24 10:06:32 2001: cm__odbc_error: ...

'Unable to connect to Profile XXX
I have some machines with Windows NT Server and in the some ones dynamo 3 has the error 'Unable to connect to database with profile XXX' with ASA 6 ... Please i need help but i don�t have idea why in the some machines has the error and others the instalation is so good ... WHAT IS THE CONFIGURATION !!! and WHAT ARE THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM !!!! Thanks Lilibeth Da Silva It looks like the ODBC connections are not working. Verify the ODBC profiles are correct using the ODBC Administrator ( odbcad32.exe ). Carson _________________________________________...

Unable to connect to database with profile GSDSite
I've followed the directions exactly to configure IIS4 and PD2,and also download the PD 2.0 ebf from ftp.powersoft.com/pub/private/pd20ebf.zip. When I try to access the templates through the web I get "Unable to connect to database with profile GSDSite", even via ODBC or Open Client. It works fine with connecting to SQL Anywhere Sample Database. The database is Sybase Adaptive Server on a separate machine. Does anyone can help me ? Thanks. ...

Unable to connect to database with profile xxxxx
Hi! I am trying to use IIS to to run as webserver. But i get this message: Unable to connect to database with profile xxxx. (xxxx is the connection name in powerdynamo) When i stop the IIS and start personal webbrowser in powerdynamo, it works fine. What am I missing? The dyisa03.dll is loaded succesfully in the iis. The dsn needs to be a system dsn since IIS is running as a service. You likly have defined it as a user dsn. /ck "Staale" <stale.limstrand@limstrand.no> wrote in message news:fUTfsmA$BHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > Hi! > > I am...

Unable to connect to database with profile MEDEF_BASE_EXPLOITATION
Hello, I have 10 internet sites. I have etablished the 10 connections with sybase central. All is ok. When i open 8 connections, all is ok (i go on internet on my dynamic sites) but the connection 9 and the connection 10 i have : "Unable to connect to database with profile MEDEF_BASE_EXPLOITATION" (9) and "Unable to connect to database with profile bol_profil_deploiement" (10). When i reboot the server, i make the same thing but i go on 8 differents sites (my sites but not the same that previously). And i have the same mistake for the 9 and th 10 site (but thi...

Unable to connect to database with profile testgk
Hi! I'm using Eastudio 3.0 started to weeks ago, after going trough the tutorial I was able to create some dynamic query against oracle db. (my pc only) Now I loaded PowerDynamo and Jaguar to NT server running IIS 4.0 I followed direction from Matthew Green "Deploying Problems" dated June 25, 1999 Worked just fine. But when im truing to access trough browser I am getting a message "Unable to connect to database with profile testgk" I checked all the connection on that profile and I was able to connect. At this point I hit the wall. What is my next step? Rega...

Re: Unable to connect to database problem
hello, just wanna add something to my previous mail. the error i encountered is not "Invalid user id or password". the error is : "The database does not support the Java Virtual Machine. Unable to use Java in the database". May i know why i have this error. Please help me to solve. Thanks in advanced. To add something to the mail "Unable to connect to database problem". I'm using Sybase SQL Anywhere 7, Palm OS 3.5, and CodeWarrior for Palm OS R6. Hope someone can solve my problem. hello Scott, I'm using SQL 2000, a...

Unable to connect to database with profile Dynamo Demo
I am running NT Workstation 4.0, your personal webserver and the demo database. I am following the tutorial in the PowerDynamo User's Guide. When I go to look at the web page with my browser at http://localhost/site/products.stm I get this error "Unable to connect to database with profile Dynamo Demo". I also had this error when I tried it on a IIS 4 machine. I need all the help I can get. My boss is breathing down my back to get this fixed. Thanks, William Bilancio - wbilancio@elcom.com ...

Help! Unable to connect to database with profile Dynamo Demo
I'm new to PowerDynamo and trying to work my way through the PD User's Gruide. Using EA Studio 3.5 on an NT4 machince I have followed the instructions to create a sample web site. Things worked fine until page 29, "Accessing the Web site over a network." I have started my personal web server but when I try to access the page I created I get the following error message in my browser: "Unable to connect to database with profile Dynamo Demo" My personal web server log shows an error 503: "... GET /Site/Products.stm HTTP/1.1 (56 bytes) STATUS 503 ...

Web resources about - Re: Unable to connect to database with profile XXX - sybase.easerver

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.