Problems with getting started

Hi all,

I am facing some problems when running the getting started tutorial. I
followed each step from this tutorial until the chapter titled a  Simple
Database Application. In this chapter I configured a query object, a
transaction object and test both succesfully. But when I tried to Run the
program I get the following errors:

The java console sends the message:
---------------------------------------
starting ContacManagerAll

Internal Debugger Error: StartDebugger() failed:
java.net.NoRouteToHostException
: Operation timed out: no further information

And then PowerJ sends the message:
The task was not loaded: The application could not be debugged. The remote
Sun VM may not be startded, or you may have mistyped the Agent password

I read some posted messages  which made reference to problems like this.
Jaguar is running in debugger mode and its version is 3.6. for NT. The
application is developed in PowerJ3.6 for Windows98. Could some body helpme
and tellme what is wrong?

TIA

0
Jose

Problem Getting Started
In have run the 1317set.bat file and still get the following error: Unable to get your db version please run version script against your db and restart your web application (go to update/scripts/ folder and run 1317set.bat). Any help to get me started would be much appreciated.www.creativenrg.co.uk | www.therivercard.com Have you checked your connection string? This is sometimes caused by a faulty db connection. I am new to Rainbow and get the same error when trying to run it for the first time. Does not matter which of the following I comment out in web.config: <!-...

Problems Getting Started

Problems Getting Started
I have been trying to get the Control Adapters going for the last day. I don't have a clue what's going. My CSS menu is called 'fireMenu'. It is in a themes folder. It is attached to the webpage. My CSSSelectorClass is set to "fireMenu" Here's the code on the source page Here's the link in the header: The webpage does not seem to communicating with the CSS page; none of the changes I've made show up on the menu. What is showing is a vertical menu with a grey background with no separation...

problem in getting started
Name: H. Shamir Email: r_daatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: problem in getting started Comments: I have setup smtp.1and1.com as outgoing server, pop.1and1.com for incoming, and have an account with 1and1. However, attempting to send and receive e-mails using Mozilla is refused . What is wrong??? I followed instructions!! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; SpamBlockerUtility 4.8.4) ...

problems with getting started...
I have SQL and IIS installed on different remote machines, running Windows Server 2003. I have Visual Studio install on an Windows XP machine. The installation of the portal starter kit procedes without a hitch, as well as the remote installation of the database files. I followed the instructions in the readme file, under the setup folder. I get an error for the trusted connection when using uid=PortalUser and pwd=PortalUser. Has anyone been able to get the starter kit running using a hardware setup as I described? Can anyone define what my issues are with this setup? Thanks, ...

Had some problems getting it to start
Name: Pontus Ottosson Email: pundanatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: Had some problems getting it to start Comments: Had some problems getting Minefield to work. It crashed on startup, eventually used a program that searches for old system files (findold.exe) that found a non working Active-X file that I deleted. It now works, Microsoft-bug. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061214 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

Problem getting started
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms010607060502000306080601 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm trying to get started playing with hacking mozilla et al, but it seems I'm missing something fundamental. I started with something basic and what should be easy: adding a radio button to thunderbird's settings in preparation for implementing encryption "when possible". First, content/messenger/am-smime.xul: <radiogroup id="encryptionChoices"> <rad...

How to get started with EAServer .... ?
I am absolutely new to EAServer and would love to get started.( I am not new to PB). Can somebody please please suggest how/where to get started ? Is it available as freeware ? Many thanks in advance, Ganesh I highly recommend downloading and following the Web Datawindow tutorial from SDN. It explains everything very well and when you get to the end, you look back and realize just how easy it is to get going with this stuff. Of course it gets more complicated than that afterward, but that's why you have Dave Wolf and Carson Hager (among others) in this forum. This newsgroup is...

Getting started problem.
I will try to be brief here is my web page layout. It is a pre existing page I updated it Atlas TreeView  |  Buttons  Select All   Deselect  Download                  |  Data Grid fils based on selections from Treview. Goal: to stop the flash that occurs to the treeview and the buttons when the DataGrid is updated. The tree view is already limited to not call the server until its time to load the DataGrid and that works great. No repainting the entire...

Problems getting started...
I installed everything into the gogela.com/blog/ directory in my website and had my host create a DSN database called "blogdata" So far so good. than I changed this string: <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(local);Database=blogdata;uid=CCCC;pwd=XXXX;" /> where CCCC is my user id and XXXX is my password. Is that the correct way to write localhost for Server= ??? Now, I get a runtime error: www.gogela.com/blog I canged the custom errors mode to: <customErrors mode="Off" /> so I could see what the error was... but it's...

Problems getting started...
Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting started with asp.net I'm new to asp.net but have some old asp experience. I've got a webserver running Win2k server with IIS. I'm trying to learn asp.net so I decided to take the webmatrix tutorial. I installed MSDE and the .net framework onto my server as illistrated in the tutorial, built the sample database from section 2, and then the sample DataGrid.aspx page from section 3. (I'm connecting to my web server from a development system running the webmatrix tool and sql server 2000 [for enterprise manager], and using a mapped drive t...

Getting Started with EAServer
I am trying to create my first server under EAServer, using Sybase Central and EAServer Manager inside of it. I use jagadmin for my user name, no input for the password, my computer's IP address for the host name, and 9000 for the port number. I get the error message: CORBA.COMM_FAILURE <ip address>:9000- Connection refused <ip address>:9000-java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed: No . Just looking for some way to create a valid EAServer server. Hi John, The problem is Host name...U can give host name ie your computer na...

EAServer Getting Started ?????
Dear All We are planning to migrate our Client/Server Sales Application to the Web, I'm not able to start with EAServer. I have knowledge of PB & Sybase ASE 12.5 that's all. How can I start with EAServer any guidelines ???? Please help me out. Thanx Vasu There are several whitepapers out there. www.powerobjects.com has some and we have one www.infrontsoftware.com D "Vasu" <kr_vasudev@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1SHVYzcUCHA.276@forums.sybase.com... > Dear All > > We are planning to migrate our Client/Server Sales Applicati...

Problems getting started!
Hi,  I'm having some trouble getting started. Installed visual studio 2005 ex on my pc, installed ASP.NET Ajax extensions on my pc. Toolkit and everything previews in browser fine with full ajax functionality. Framesworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 all installed also. Everything apart from visual studio 2005 installed on new web server. Copy web site to server, no ajax page will work? "could not load file or assembly AjaxControlToolkit or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified" The file is in the bin folder!   Can anyone help? Thanks... Hi unkle, can you ...

Problems getting started...
Just installed May CTP on W2K3, and am trying to get the ASP.NET Pro Web Parts sample to work (Stephan Walther - MSDN October 2003 - Meet the Web Part Framework)... So how do I use the Web Parts sample aspx and ascx files with VS2005? There doesn't seem to be an ASP.NET project type in the VS templates, so I tried "new web site". But when I create an empty new web site (containing only a default.aspx) and build it, it doesn't create the virtual directory under IIS. And if I then manually create the virtual directory, IE can't display the default.aspx (gets 404 error). But I can...

Web resources about - Problems with getting started - sybase.easerver

iOS 9.2 ‘might’ fix the blackout problem some iPad Pros have, says Apple
... iOS Devices Check out 9to5Mac for more breaking coverage of iOS Devices . What do you think? Discuss "iOS 9.2 ‘might’ fix the blackout problem ...

Apple suggests iOS 9.2 will fix unresponsive iPad Pro problem
... by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake and Home button for 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. With the release of iOS 9.2, that problem ...

FBI Director: Silicon Valley’s encryption is a “business model problem”
... attacks in Paris and California. Today, FBI director James Comey has suggested that Silicon Valley isn't faced with a serious technical problem, ...

Has Spotify found the perfect solution to its Adele problem?
It's official: Taylor Swift called Spotify's bluff . On Tuesday, The Wall Street Journal reported that Spotify is planning to allow some artists ...

Sure, he's a problem. But not so much that they can't make the best of it.
Sure, he's a problem. But not so much that they can't make the best of it. by digby Here's a little reminder about where the GOP is really heading ...

A ton of actresses are talking about how to tackle Hollywood's gender problem
Back in October, Jennifer Lawrence wrote an essay about her struggle to be paid fairly for "American Hustle." The essay went viral and inspired ...

VW: CO2 emissions problem far smaller than suspected
Company says "slight deviations" were found in nine variants of VW brand models, including the Jetta, Golf and Passat

The Big Problem With Star Wars, According To Francis Ford Coppola
Cinema Blend The Big Problem With Star Wars, According To Francis Ford Coppola Cinema Blend Even though he had nothing to do with the actual ...

Can Cisco fix workplace video problem?
Cisco has spent decades building products for IT managers and engineers. It's now trying to adopt a consumer mentality.