PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use

Hi,

    i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second
connection from an other client:

Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use

I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for one
seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message !

Thank you for any help !

Andr�

0
Andr

     I forgot to give you my environment:
 EAServer 3.5 Build 35036 (Developer Edition)
 Database: ASA 6.0.3.2887 or MS Access 97
 Windows NT 4.0 SP6

 Please could anyone give me a hint how to avoid these restrictions

A. Treffeisen

Andr� Treffeisen schrieb in Nachricht ...
>Hi,
>
>    i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second
>connection from an other client:
>
>Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use
>
>I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for
one
>seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message !
>
>Thank you for any help !
>
>Andr�

0
Andr

connection pool has reached maximum number of connections
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

HELP: Maximum Number of Connections are in USE??!!!
Hi All We just find one annoying fact. Our site uses Power Dynamo 3.5. One of our page runs fine under normal condition. However when we use that page to do some load test, we find that Power Dynamo can only server at most two simultaneous request for that page. When we try more than two, it will like to return some errors. This is certain then the number of requests is over 10. All the error messages say "maximum number of connections are in use.". But the maximum number of connections allowed within the Power Dynamo is 5000. How could this error happens? We just can't...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

Maximum number of connection reached
Customer has the following setup: Netware 4.11 server, 6 x Windows XP Pro client, 2 x Windows 98 client. Has worked flawlessly for over a year, till recently the Windows XP machines one after the other stopped logging in and giving the error: "Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to logout" At this moment theres still one XP machine that log's on correctly, the other 5 have the problem. Nothing changed, no new users, no new computers, nothing to exceed the installed licenses. It doesnt make a difference if theres noone else logged in...

Setting the maximum number of connection
How do you set the maximum number of pooled connections from within Java code? I'm not using JNDI or any app servers. I am using Sybase ASE 12.0 whichever version of jconnect that came with it. I've looked everywhere for any answer and I can't seem to find the solution. Help! Thank you, Oliver Hi Oliver, jConnect provides classes to work with a conneciton pool implementation. So your answer to the questions depends on the pool implementation. So just having the jConnect driver does not mean you have connection pooling. You need to implement that yourself or ...

What is the maximum number of concurrent connections?
I downloaded a trial copy of SQL Anywhere 5.5. The standalone engine apparently supports only 10 connections, which is way too low for the application I have. Assuming a 1-user license and all connections coming from the same machine, how many concurrent connections does the network server support? Unfortunately, the network server is not included in the trial version, so I can't experiment with it. I apologize if this question has been already answered elsewhere, I was not able to find an FAQ for this newsgroup. Thanks, Alexey Lef alexey@raleigh.ibm.com >I dow...

PowerDynamo using Connection Profile
We are using the power dynamo for our server side db queries. For one set the queries which happens very regularly for performance reasons we want to use the site connection profile. This works if we are running the connection profile script under the PowerDynamo central manager but _not_ when the request comes from a client, passing through the Webserver. We have NT 4 and standard MS web Server. Any suggestion is appreciated. Farjad Farid ...

Number of connections using MSDTC
I am using MSDTC like coordinator of transactions. Everything works correctly, but I observe that each call to a procedure creates a connection (transaction) to SQLServer, with which in some processes get to exist 200 active ones more. Using a cache of connections, it is normal? It would have to use JTS/JTA like coordinator of transactions? Jose Thanks. I found the problem. It is that when connecting it used: // active event SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.DBParm = "UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='Nemesis' SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA...

Maximum number of connection caches
I set the mximum number of connection caches to 20. But, to play it save, I want to set it to a bigger number. Then that would taking more Jaguar source. So please anyone can suggest : what is the maximum number of connection caches allowed in Jaguar setup, with that not affect its performance. Thanks, Jack How long is a piece of string? ;-) General rule is set it high enough that you dont use all your connections and interfere with other apps ( if any ) and set the cache to JAG_CM_FORCE so that you can go above your cache but they will be disconncted when finsihed. ...

Web resources about - PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use - sybase.easerver