PowerDynamo EBFs

I downloaded pd202ebf.zip from the powersoft FTP site. I would like to
know if there is any way to get a comprehensive readme - one that gives
the history of previous EBFs.

Thanks,

Jack Marks
SPS New York

0
Jack

The readme.txt file in the EBF is a list of pretty much all the fixes to
that version.

Jack Marks wrote in message <3663090A.878030D4@yahoo.com>...
>I downloaded pd202ebf.zip from the powersoft FTP site. I would like to
>know if there is any way to get a comprehensive readme - one that gives
>the history of previous EBFs.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jack Marks
>SPS New York

0
Alex

EAServer - PowerDynamo
hi, we are moving our platform from nt4 to win2k3 and we have some problems with existing applications. In nt4 there is a web application running in Dynamo over IIS that access Jaguar components and ASA, all sybase products from Studio 3.5. Last week we tried to install all this package over win2k3 but it did not work. Using Dynamo 3.6 and EAServer 5.0 (that seems to be compatible with win2k3) the app does not work Any suggestion or guide in how to migrate this scanario or to configure the old versions over win2k3 will be greately appreciated. Im in IT but any question you may...

PowerDynamo/Easerver and authentication
Hi, Is there any documentation on how to apply security (authentication) using PowerDynamo/EAServer? We would like to authenticate and track user session. We will use PB generated NVO's. Thanks, Vib There's nothing built-in beyond the PD session object. Using JSPs/Servlets provides much more functionality with respect to security. Carson ___________________________________________________________ Carson Hager Team Sybase Cynergy Systems, Inc. Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training http://www.cynergysystems.com <Vib> w...

Calling EAServer From Apache -- NO PowerDynamo!!
Environment: Sun E250 running Solaris 2.6, EAServer 3.6 and Apache the.latest. We do NOT use / want to use PowerDynamo. We have deployed a web application (ourapplication.war) built in PowerJ. It's pretty simple, comprising a few .jsp's and an EJB or two. During development, we had no problem accessing the application's starting point using the following URL: http://localhost:8080/ourapplication/appstart.jsp This is of course using the Jaguar listener configured for port 8080 of localhost. Now, to move to production, we have deployed to the Jaguar server ins...

EAServer hosting PowerDynamo sites
I have read that EAServer can host dynamo sites, it needs to be configured in the server properties at the easerver manager, but when i try to access this properties server crashes with these messages at log ====================== Jun 30 08:08:24 2004: A Fatal NT Exception [EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION(0xc0000005)] was received while executing the method 'getServerEnvironmentVariables' of the component 'Jaguar/Management'. Jun 30 08:08:24 2004: Aborting Server... ====================== at the server start this messages appear ====================== Jun 30 08:00:23 2004...

EAServer with Windows XP? PowerDynamo
Not my question, but have been asked to try and find out if EAServer 4.x will have compatiblity with Windows XP at any point. I realize that not much may be known at this time. Also, it seems like there are a lot of posts regarding movement from PowerDynamo to JSP implementations. Any thoughts on whether this will become a trend? Thanks for any info.... "Jim Leary" <jleary@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:PPQYcPdJBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > > Not my question, but have been asked to try and find out if EAServer 4.x > will have compatiblity wit...

EBF override with other EBF
Hi, I found an EBF for a problem I was having with dbremote. To install this, I needed to do the following: Current Version ASA 6.02.2299 I upgraded to 6.0.3 and this worked fine. I applied the EBF Build #2943 and it installed fine, however it overrides an EBF that we installed in June of 1999 to fix a problem we were having upgrading to 6.0.2. Our error occurred in group by queries. The EBF connected to CASE #41039861 Heather Bowman/SYBASE helped us work through this one. What would you suggest I do to get both EBFs working at the same time. I tried to install the origin...

Latest Version of EAServer with PowerDynamo
What is the latest version of EAServer that can be purchased with PowerDynamo. We have an old version 3.0 still running and it works well. We would like to migrate them to a new version and then convert possibly to jsp. Any help would be appreciated. Greg We are running with EAS 5.1 and PD 3.6. Alex "Greg Repasky" <gregory_repasky@hmis.org> wrote in message news:43580056$1@forums-2-dub... > What is the latest version of EAServer that can be purchased with > PowerDynamo. We have an old version 3.0 still running and it works well. We > would like to ...

EAServer and PowerDynamo on Windows 2000
Does PowerDynamo need to be running if you are using EAServer. We have an instance of EAServer running. We are getting the perflib errors that are defined in Case 10784811. I looked on the server and did not see a process running that looked like PowerDynamo. What would the process name be and do you have to run PowerDynamo? Thanks in Advance, Bob yes, if you have a powerdynamo site (and easerver is your http server) . no, in the contrary case. In the properties of your jaguar server, you have a tab Powerdyamo. you must checked or unchecked according your case the property : ...

PowerDynamo and EAServer 3.5
Hi! I'm running PD 3.5 and EAServer 3.5 on NT. In httperror.log I get the following error message: "Feb 21 16:34:14 2000: http_get_peeraddr() :Failed to get peer address" How can I get ride of it? /Remus ...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

EAServer 5 and PowerDynamo 3.5
Hello forum, In JaguarManager it is possible to enable hosting of PowerDynamo 3.5. Is the PowerDynamo built in support for java compatible with JDK1.4? We have EJB calls from our DynaScripts and I want to make sure that this setup is operational after an upgrade to EAServer 5. BR Lars Lars: PowerDynamo 3.5 was End of Lifed (EOL) by Sybase. EAServer 5.0 does not support PowerDynamo. So, unfortunately, no we don't support PowerDynamo on JDK 1.4 in EAS 5.0. We do have a migration strategy for you. We are shipping a new tool that helps you convert Po...

EBF for EAServer 3.6.1 ?
We have a problem with failover on EAServer 3.6 using PB components in that it doesn't work. Looking at the newsgroups, and confirming with tech support, this seems to be a bug in 3.6 ? - The solution being offered is to go to 3.6.1, then apply the EBF for 3.6.1 and then apply the C5 release of Powerbuilder. I have the 3.6.1 update and can see the C5 release on the sybase website but can't see and EBF for 3.6.1. Can somebody from Sybase confirm any of the above i.e. that there's a bug with failover for PB components (or any other type of components) in 3.6; that this ...

EAServer EBF for 3.6.1
Is the EBF that would allow command line entry available yet. I am interested in both the Windows NT and Solaris Version. Reza No.... Its close, really close... in QA now. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "Reza Fikree" <rfikree@home.com> wrote in message news:wa#lsA2lAHA.199@forums.sybase.com... > Is the EBF that would allow command line entry available yet. I am > interested in both the Windows NT and Solaris Version. > > Reza > > ...

EBF 16198 for EAServer 62 Breaks console
I installed EBF 16198 for EAServer 6.2 on Windows and now the left-pane treeview for the management console shows: HTTP ERROR: 500 com.sybase.djc.management.console.util.TreeTag.setContextMenus(Z)VRequestURI=/console/TreeAction.do Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sybase.djc.management.console.util.TreeTag.setContextMenus(Z)V at <blah blah>Anybody know what's up with this and how to fix it? The console worked before, so i guess I can just copy the old files back, but I need the fixes in this EBF, like the one that lets CtsComponents/MessageService proxie...

Web resources about - PowerDynamo EBFs - sybase.easerver

Sybase fights to stay in tool game
The company will lay out a plan for bringing its flagship PowerBuilder development tool more fully into the era of distributed application building. ...

Product Data Sheets - Sybase Inc
switch to mobile view Worldwide [change] Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada China Czech Republic Denmark Finland France Germany ...

Sybase debuts Web tools
Sybase is continuing its comeback in the database and development tool market, debuting packages for building intranet and Internet applications. ...

Sybase Software Downloads and Code Samples - Database and Mobility Software - Sybase Inc
The business intelligence and database management software download center offers various Sybase software downloads and code samples. For more ...