Powerbuilder Client connecting to Jaguar Comp thr firewall

We developed a small application in Powerbuilder 7.0 which will be used to work
as offline/online data entry.  This application connects to jaguar server on
IIOP:9000 internally.  Once it connects it calls a method to retrieve some data
from the database.  Now my question, how could we use the same application to
connect to Jaguar server through a firewall?  Does firewall in general support
IIOP traffic?

Thank you
Marcel

Have your firewall open up port 9000 and allow IIOP protocol. Does your
firewall do NAT? You want to make sure when you look up a component that the
client can get back to the server that was returned. If your jaguar servers
are listing on a host name, the client has to be able to fine the server
using the host name.

HTH

--
Dean Jones TeamSybase
PowerTeam, Inc.

"Marcel Syriani" <MSyriani@data-basics.com> wrote in message
> We developed a small application in Powerbuilder 7.0 which will be used to
work
> as offline/online data entry.  This application connects to jaguar server
on
> IIOP:9000 internally.  Once it connects it calls a method to retrieve some
data
> from the database.  Now my question, how could we use the same application
> connect to Jaguar server through a firewall?  Does firewall in general
support
> IIOP traffic?
>
> Thank you

Dean