ORB

Hello,

I've got an error in my webserver (Apache running JServ) when connecting
to an EJB in Jaguar.

(ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error: Initialization error while loading the
servlet: can't instantiate default ORB implementation com.sybase.CORBA.ORB

Any idea....where and how to solve this problem..

Any help would be much appreciated...

Calvin Then

0
Calvin

do you have jagclient.zip in your classpath?

--
Dean Jones TeamSybase
PowerTeam, Inc.

"Calvin Then �" <calvin@acctrak21.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I've got an error in my webserver (Apache running JServ) when connecting
> to an EJB in Jaguar.
>
> (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error: Initialization error while loading the
> servlet: can't instantiate default ORB implementation com.sybase.CORBA.ORB
>
> Any idea....where and how to solve this problem..
>
> Any help would be much appreciated...
>
> Calvin Then

0
Dean
3/1/2001 3:01:16 AM
yes it is already in the classpath...
any other suggestion?

Dean Jones [TeamSybase] <dean_no_spam@powerobjects.com> wrote in message
> do you have jagclient.zip in your classpath?
>
> --
> Dean Jones TeamSybase
> PowerTeam, Inc.
> www.powerobjects.com
>

> "Calvin Then �" <calvin@acctrak21.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've got an error in my webserver (Apache running JServ) when connecting
> > to an EJB in Jaguar.
> >
> > (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error: Initialization error while loading the
> > servlet: can't instantiate default ORB implementation
com.sybase.CORBA.ORB

> > Any idea....where and how to solve this problem..
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated...
> >
> > Calvin Then

0
Calvin
3/2/2001 9:08:00 AM
What JDK? When we use Tomcat or JRun with JDK122 we must load jagclient.zip
in the bootclasspath.

--

> yes it is already in the classpath...
> any other suggestion?
>

> Dean Jones [TeamSybase] <dean_no_spam@powerobjects.com> wrote in message
> > do you have jagclient.zip in your classpath?
> >
> > --
> > Dean Jones TeamSybase
> > PowerTeam, Inc.
> > www.powerobjects.com
> >

> > "Calvin Then �" <calvin@acctrak21.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I've got an error in my webserver (Apache running JServ) when
connecting
> > > to an EJB in Jaguar.
> > >
> > > (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error: Initialization error while loading the
> > > servlet: can't instantiate default ORB implementation
> com.sybase.CORBA.ORB
> > >
> > > Any idea....where and how to solve this problem..
> > >
> > > Any help would be much appreciated...
> > >
> > > Calvin Then

0
Dean
3/2/2001 3:53:50 PM
we use JDK122. Running using Jaguar 3.6
I jagclient.zip is already in the classpath.

Any other suggestion?

Calvin Then

> What JDK? When we use Tomcat or JRun with JDK122 we must load
jagclient.zip
> in the bootclasspath.
>
> --
> Dean Jones TeamSybase
> PowerTeam, Inc.
> www.powerobjects.com
>

> "Calvin Then �" <calvin@acctrak21.com> wrote in message
> > yes it is already in the classpath...
> > any other suggestion?
> >

> > Dean Jones [TeamSybase] <dean_no_spam@powerobjects.com> wrote in message
> > > do you have jagclient.zip in your classpath?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dean Jones TeamSybase
> > > PowerTeam, Inc.
> > > www.powerobjects.com
> > >

> > > "Calvin Then �" <calvin@acctrak21.com> wrote in message

> connecting

> > com.sybase.CORBA.ORB

0
Calvin

EAServer as ORB
Hi! What are the possibilities of using EAServer as an ORB (with added functionality, e.g. users/roles and DB connection cache)? One of my worries is not being able to create a server object with parameters as I've found no way of using my ...Impl class as a return value. This forces (?) me to have a published method for this initialisation (to use when I've retrieved a "proper" object reference) which I don't like and makes the Factory pattern a bit tricky to implement. I know you're EJB 1.0 compliant (in 3.5), but we find the EJB pattern a bit restrictive...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

WARNING: Argument Parameter used to initialize ORB: Use Properties Paramters to Initialize ORB for Compatibility with other ORBS
Did anyone came across the following warning in EAS log (4.2.2)? WARNING: Argument Parameter used to initialize ORB: Use Properties Paramters to Initialize ORB for Compatibility with other ORBS TIA Aggelos Yes, ignore it. One of the built-in components actually causes this error and it has been reported, but is such low priority I doubt it has been looked at. You'll also notice that the message has a typo on top of it all! On 14 Feb 2004 07:22:59 -0800, Aggelos Paraskevopoulos <angel_NO_SPAM@acm.org> wrote: >Did anyone came across the following warning in EA...

why easerver
hey i wanna start j2ee and i'm looking for a suitable server to start with. i've tried jboss and weblogic and am appalled at the speed at which it loads documents. i'd like to know y i should choose easerver, since it really looks good but i just wanna make sure. EAServer supports J2EE - so that's a good start. The throughput is excellent, and the monitoring and configurability are great. I also like the ability to directly deploy PowerBuilder components as well as JSP, EJB, etc. Get the developer edition, and see if it fits your need. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSy...

Creating Instance of EAServer component from another EAServer
Hello, Does anybody know how to create instance of EAServer standart component from another EAServer component. this code below doesn't work from EAServer environment but works from regular windows SDI appliication: *************************************************** long ret connection con n_cdx_account acct con = create connection con.application = "cytradex_services" con.driver = "jaguar" con.location = "PHOBOS:9000" con.userid = "jagadmin" con.password = "123" ret = con.connecttoserver() inv_...

Problem with startig EAServer Manager for EAServer 5
Hi all, I am new to this arena. I have installed EAServer 5.0 on my laptop. As far as I can tell everything went fine. I am following the instructions in chapter 2 Installing Easerver section Starting EAServer, ASA, and EAServer Manager. When I follow the instructions for starting EAServer Manager I get the following error message after I do step 4 Click Connect. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:douhas-laptop:9000- Connection refused douhas-laptop:9000-java.net ConnectException: Connection refused: connect minor code: 0 completed:No I don't even know where to start lookin...

EAServer
Hi! The EAServer version that comes with PowerBuilder Studio can be used as a DataBase server in a multiuser application (for 10 users)? or Is it necessary to buy another multi-user version? TIA EAServer is an application server not a database server. Do you mean ASA? In either case, you cannot deploy either without buying additional licenses. /ck <A_Dev> wrote in message news:E9DDBBCFFA81B04D008299CC85256B4A.008299E285256B4A@webforums... > Hi! > The EAServer version that comes with PowerBuilder Studio can be used as a > DataBase server in a multiuser appl...

EAServer
How about a version of jaguar that doesn't crash every 10min when your developping. And while you're at it, how about speeding up the damn thing! Cause jaguar is a great tool, but every now and then it REALY gets up your spine !!! :-) Well this group is for PowerBuilder discussions, but what version are you using? Mine (4.0 and 4.1) haven't crashed once. As for speeding it up, what do you have in mind? I find it pretty fast already for the things I do. Regards, Dave Fish [TeamSybase] On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:02:44 +0100, "De Permentier Davy" <...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

EAServer
Thank you for a quick response. Is there anwhere I can go on this site, or any books that would get into greater detail on each of the EAServer components and what I might need to deploy and application? Thanks Jim In article <99E13501EB06AEA6005C74AD85256A63.005C74BA85256A63 @webforums>, Jim_Benson says... > Thank you for a quick response. > > Is there anwhere I can go on this site, or any books that would > get into greater detail on each of the EAServer components and what > I might need to deploy and application? There are a two PB/Jaguar books o...

EaServer
Dear friends: I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i do that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next sentence: //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc lnv_conn = create connection lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar" lnv_conn.application= "componente" lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989" lnv_conn.CreateInstance() ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc, "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code error - 1 I need your help to run my application Thanks Did ...

What is EAserver
Dear Sir, I'm the beginner for using Power Builder, Now i want to know that the Different within PB EAserver and PB, thank Tan PowerBuilder is a multi-purpose development tool for creation Client/Server, Distributed and Web applications. EAServer is a J2EE application server. http://www.sybase.com/easerver will tell you more. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:KaixCaiBCHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Dear Sir, > I'm the beginn...

Web Based EAServer Manager for EAServer 5.0
I loaded up EAServer 5.0. Everything works just fine with the exception of the web based EAServer Manager access. When I try to use it I get a "500 Servlet mgmt: unable to service request: null" error on the left frame where the folders and other items should go. Has anyone else received this error and if so how did you correct it. Thanks I'm not clear on what you mean by the web-based EAServer Manager, could you elaborate? There is a web-based Systems Management GUI, which I'm guessing is what you may mean, but its a long way away from being a web-based EASe...

Upgrade EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1
We are planning to upgrade from EAServer 4.1.2 to EAServer 5.1 (both on Sun Solaris). What are the considerations for this upgrade (e.g. JSP versions, JDK versions, etc.) ...

Web resources about - ORB - sybase.easerver

Cygnus CRS Orb-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Pad 0A. Later that day, due to the need for a series of spacewalks to fix a faulty coolant system on the space station, NASA directed Orbital ...

Orb Networks - LinkedIn
... is a networking tool that helps you discover inside connections to recommended job candidates, industry experts and business partners. At Orb, ...

Frog Orbs 2 on the App Store on iTunes
Get Frog Orbs 2 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Century of Light Orbs - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... time and its in the bag at last! and bloody hard work! Enjoy! I also took a shot of the setting up process and the gardens after the orb invasion ...

Area One: Orb, Incubus, Paul Oakenfold - YouTube
This is live from the Area One Tour. Somewhere I believe there is some Carl Cox and Mike Clark (Agent X) but still looking.

Orb wins the 139th Kentucky Derby
LOUISVILLE Orb won the 139th running of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. The Derby had a maximum 20-horse field, but it was reduced to ...

Orb comes from behind to win Kentucky Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Orb splashed through the slop to win the Kentucky Derby, ...

JBL Pulse 2 vs Marsboy Orb: Bluetooth speakers at ends of the LED light display spectrum
If you are looking for some differentiation in your Bluetooth speakers , the JBL Pulse 2 ( $199 ) and the Marsboy Orb ( $30 after SPDJVX3R code) ...

Orb wins 139th Kentucky Derby - www.ajc.com
Photos from the 139th run for the roses at the Kentucky Derby.

Rumor: Galaxy Note 3 to be first Samsung smartphone to pack S Orb panorama camera mode
/ The Galaxy Note 3 is rumored to be the first handset in Samsung’s lineup to include the S Orb panorama camera feature when it launches later ...