Oracle 8.1.6 connection cache driver

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C0A242.048F5F20

What driver must I use to make a connection cache beetwen Jaguar 3.6.1 =
and Oracle 8.1.6?

Thanks

Jesus

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C0A242.048F5F20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What driver must I use to make a =
connection cache=20
beetwen Jaguar 3.6.1 and Oracle 8.1.6?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jesus</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C0A242.048F5F20--

0
Jesus

ODBC, JDBC or native OCI caches will work.  If you are using native
OCI caches though, be advised there is a problem when using 8.1.6+
client software.  That problem is remedied in the eagerly awaited EBF
#1 to EAServer.

Also note, Java components can only use JDBC caches.

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:23:19 +0100, "Jesus Lopez" <jesus@sicsa.net>
wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C0A242.048F5F20
>
>What driver must I use to make a connection cache beetwen Jaguar 3.6.1 =
>and Oracle 8.1.6?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jesus
>
>------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C0A242.048F5F20

><HTML><HEAD>
><META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
>http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
><META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=3DGENERATOR>
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What driver must I use to make a =
>connection cache=20
>beetwen Jaguar 3.6.1 and Oracle 8.1.6?</FONT></DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jesus</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
>------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C0A242.048F5F20--

0
joneil

easerver 3.6.1 C1 and oracle 8.1.6 connection cache driver
What parameters must I use to make a connection cache beetwen Jaguar 3.6.1 and Oracle 8.1.6? Jim O'Neill already answers this: >ODBC, JDBC or native OCI caches will work. If you are using native >OCI caches though, be advised there is a problem when using 8.1.6+ >client software. That problem is remedied in the eagerly awaited EBF >#1 to EAServer. I loaded the EBF#1 and still can't make the connection cache work. For the server name, I use the name of the Net8 service naming (orcl). I tried an other name with a oracle SID name, with no effect. For the...

Connection cache creation (EAServer 3.6.1 C2 (Bld: 36110), Oracle 8.1.7 client
Unable to successfully ping the data source. Error Message: "Ping for <cache_name> OCI_8 Connection Cache failed: The Ping operation did not complete successfully. Could not find the specified connection cache" Here's my connection cache properties. a) Servername: specified the Oracle SID without the "@" symbol b) user_name and password entered. c) Driver - oci.dll , OCI 8.x radio button checked. Expedited help is requested. Is the cache installed in a particular server? On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:29:15 -0400, Ram_L wrote: >...

SOS: Sync with Oracle 8.1.6.1.0 using 8.1.6.1.0 ODBC Driver
Help! If any customer has successfully replicated bi-directionally from ASA7 to Oracle 8i (8.1.6) using the Oracle 8.1.6 Oracle ODBC Driver, we would appreciate any insight you may have concerning the small number of steps involved in implementing replication. I may be contacted directly at (206) 933-4956. Martin Douglas Senior Data Architect e-Commerce Group Food Services of America Please always specify the version and MORE importantly the BUILD number of ASA you are using with each post. If you are having problems with this Oracle driver, some of our customers hav...

How do I connect PB 6.5 to Oracle 8.1.6 using Net8.1.6?
I am using PB6.5 (build 444) and I've Installed Oracle client (Net8) v8.1.6 to connect to Oracle Server 8.1.6. I can connect via SQL*Plus; however, When i try to connect thru Powerbuilder i get the following message: "Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154" Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Which driver are you trying to use? The 7.x drivers require the '@' prefix, the 8.x drivers don't (and will generate such an error message if you provide it). On Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:40:13 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerb...

connecting to Oracle 8.05 and Oracle 8.1.6
I have an application currently connecting to Oracle 8.0.5. We wish to also connect to an Oracle dbase on version 8.1.6. I have tried PB 8 eval and have found that there is a major problem with Oracle 8.0.5 - all select statements return the error ora 01008: not all variables bound According to the sybase technote the pb 8 driver (pb08480.dll) connects to Oracle 8.04 through and including 8.17. It doesn't mention the problem with the select statement Can anyone tell me if PB 7.03 is ok with both versions of Oracle or suggest another workaround thanks Roisin ...

EAS 3.6.1 C1 & Oracle 8.1.7 Connection Cache Problem
I am experiencing inconsistent results when using an OCI 8.x connection cache with EAServer 3.6.1 C1 release. There are a few times when everything (i.e. database retrieves and updates) is working fine. If I close the browser (both IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.76) and try the same sequence of events again, Jaguar hangs while trying to connect to the connection cache. Most of the time, we can't even get a single update to work. There doesn't appear to be a pattern on why it works sometimes and doesn't work most of the time. I am not experiencing any problems if I use the...

Jaguar 3.6 and Oracle 8.1.6/Oracle 8.1.7
We are developing a Web Application using EAServer 3.6. Our development platform is Jaguar 3.6 (Build 36017) (Sun-Solaris 7). We have deployed PB Components. Our Database Server is Oracle 8.1.5 on Sun-Solaris. Our Oracle client is 8.1.5 on Sun-Solaris. We use OCI8 Connection cache from Jaguar to connect to Oracle 8.1.5. This environment is working fine. Our Web Application is going to be in Production very soon. In order to install the Oracle Database Server in the Production machine, We approached Oracle for Licensing. They are advising us to install Oracle 8.1.6 or Oracle 8.1.7 in...

connecting to oracle 8.1.6 using PB 7.0.2 and native driver 8.0.4
I am having a problem with connecting our deployed application in PB 7.0.2 and connecting it to an Oracle 8.1.6 using the native 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver. We get the message that "The DBMS O84 is not supported in the current installation.999" We recently upgraded from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.1.6 The development team is working great. I can connect to the database in PB and with the compiled exe. However, we just gave the first test exe to the testers and they cannot connect to Oracle 8.1.6 Here is the run-down of what I looked for: The testers did have the Oracle client in...

Connecting Metaworks 6.1.5 to Oracle 8.1.6
I am setting up the ODBC connection from a Windows NT client running PowerDesigner DataArchitect and Metaworks 6.1.5, and Oracle 8.1.6 Net8, to Windows NT server running Oracle 8.1.6 Server Enterprise Edition. I have installed the following ODBC drivers in C:\Winnt\System32: Intersolv DataDirect pbor712.dll 3.01.0002 Intersolv DataDirect pdor712.dll 3.01.0000 Microsoft ODBC for Oracle msorcl32.dll 2.573.4202.00 Oracle ODBC Driver sqora32.dll 8.01.06.00 My Oracle Net8 8.1.6 service identification for the database where the Metaworks schema is located has the following properties: S...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

Oracle 8.1.6 (8i) Connection Caches
I am trying to create a connection cache within jaguar for an Oracle 8.1.6 (8i) database. I am running EA Server 3.5, Windows NT, Service Pack 6. I can successfully access the Oracle database via SQL*Plus. I created an connection cache with the following parameters: General Tab: ServerName: CALL (Oracle Instance), Driver Tab: DLL OR Class Name: oci.dll, and the OCI 8.x radio button is selected. Cache Tab: Enable cache by name acces is checked. I get the following error when I attempt to ping the cache. "Ping of CALL OCI_8 Connection Cache failed. The ping operation did n...

DBD::Oracle 1.12 & Oracle 8.1.6: Unable to connect
We have been using DBD::Oracle 1.12 with DBI 1.42 on Tru64 UNIX quite happily with Oracle 7.3.2 (yes, we have to carve the electrons out of wood by hand ;-} ). However, we are unable to connect to an Oracle 8.1.6 database under the same conditions: > Failed to connect to Oracle: ORA-01019: unable to allocate memory in the user side > (DBD: login failed, probably a symptom of a deeper problem) > at bms3_connect_2004.pl line 27, <STDIN> line 1. We have tried a variety of connect strings, any of which connects happily on our old 7.3.2 database. On another Tru64 box...

EAServer 3.5 and Oracle (8.1.6 and 8.1.7) with oci.dll
From what I understand, there are some issues with this combination of EAServer and Oracle. However it seems to be limited to the production release of EAServer. I have the development version (C5 patch) running against local 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 databases with no issues. However, the production installation does not recognize the installed connection caches. I've tried to read through the postings, but I have not found a suitable workaround. We do intend to upgrade to EAServer 3.6.1...but not for a few months. We are actually considering going backwards with the Oracle client (t...

Web resources about - Oracle 8.1.6 connection cache driver - sybase.easerver

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...