Odd dynamo behavior

This may or may not be a bug, but I'm experiencing some strange behavior in
Power Dynamo (v 2.02).

I have a standard script ("utils.ssc") which I import in just about all of my
scripts.  I am trying to fix a database locking problem that might be (maybe)
the result of leaving an SQL statement open at the end of the script.  But I
don't know which script.  So I put

"connection.autoCommit = true;"

in utils.ssc.

Now, whenever I run a script, it doesn't know anything about the queries that
are (supposed to be) executed within the script.  Here's a sample error:

Warning: undefined variable q.MoveNext[MoveNext] near line 242 Warning:
undefined variable q.Close[Close] near line 249 Warning: undefined variable
connSpec.CreateQuery[CreateQuery] near line 58 Warning: undefined variable
query.GetErrorCode[GetErrorCode] near line 142 Warning: undefined variable
query.GetErrorInfo[GetErrorInfo] near line 146 Warning: undefined variable
query.GetErrorInfo[GetErrorInfo] near line 110 Warning: undefined variable
query.Close[Close] near line 112 Warning: undefined variable
query.GetErrorCode[GetErrorCode] near line 142 Warning: undefined variable
query.GetErrorInfo[GetErrorInfo] near line 146 Warning: undefined variable
query.GetErrorInfo[GetErrorInfo] near line 110 Warning: undefined variable
query.Close[Close] near line 112

BUT!!!

If I put "connection.autoCommit = true;" in the script itself, there's no
problem.

two questions at this point:
Do I need to "connection.autoCommit = true;" in each script?  (does the
setting for autoCommit stick across scripts?)

What is it that's causing this strange behavior when the statement is in an
imported script?

Thanks in advance!
Earl
0
Earl

The default behaviour of imported scripts is to act like libraries. As
such, imported scripts do not know about the built-in DynaScript
objects, so when you said "connection.autoCommit = true" in the imported
script, the effect was to create a new object called "connection" with a
new property called "autoCommit". At the end of the import statement,
the context of the imported script was made available to the main
script, the effect of which was to wipe out your existing "connection"
object (hence the failed query creations).

Instead of "import utils.ssc", use "import utils.ssc useContext" to make
the context of the main script available to your imported script.

Debbie Smith
Dynamo Development Team

Earl Brown wrote:

> This may or may not be a bug, but I'm experiencing some strange behavior in
> Power Dynamo (v 2.02).
>
> I have a standard script ("utils.ssc") which I import in just about all of my
> scripts.  I am trying to fix a database locking problem that might be (maybe)
> the result of leaving an SQL statement open at the end of the script.  But I
> don't know which script.  So I put
>
> "connection.autoCommit = true;"
>
> in utils.ssc.
>
> Now, whenever I run a script, it doesn't know anything about the queries that
> are (supposed to be) executed within the script.  Here's a sample error:
>
> Warning: undefined variable q.MoveNext[MoveNext] near line 242 Warning:
> undefined variable q.Close[Close] near line 249 Warning: undefined variable
> connSpec.CreateQuery[CreateQuery] near line 58 Warning: undefined variable
> query.GetErrorCode[GetErrorCode] near line 142 Warning: undefined variable
> query.GetErrorInfo[GetErrorInfo] near line 146 Warning: undefined variable
> query.GetErrorInfo[GetErrorInfo] near line 110 Warning: undefined variable
> query.Close[Close] near line 112 Warning: undefined variable
> query.GetErrorCode[GetErrorCode] near line 142 Warning: undefined variable
> query.GetErrorInfo[GetErrorInfo] near line 146 Warning: undefined variable
> query.GetErrorInfo[GetErrorInfo] near line 110 Warning: undefined variable
> query.Close[Close] near line 112
>
> BUT!!!
>
> If I put "connection.autoCommit = true;" in the script itself, there's no
> problem.
>
> two questions at this point:
> Do I need to "connection.autoCommit = true;" in each script?  (does the
> setting for autoCommit stick across scripts?)
>
> What is it that's causing this strange behavior when the statement is in an
> imported script?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Earl
0
Deb
12/4/1998 8:31:24 PM
Deb Smith wrote in message
>Instead of "import utils.ssc", use "import utils.ssc useContext" to make
>the context of the main script available to your imported script.

Wow, the "import ... useContext" is a great addition to Dynamo--I must have
missed that this was added. What I have been doing (starting in Dynamo prior
to v 2) is creating functions or classes in my imported scripts, and then
passing the session, document, and connection objects as parameters into
instances of these functions or classes.

Thanks for the recent postings on Dynamo!

Jay Fienberg

Adidam                                                http://www.adidam.org
Adidam Emporium                             http://www.adidam.com
The Laughing Man Library                 http://library.LaughingMan.org

0
Jay

Odd behavior...
_Seamonkey_ In Vista, after acknowledging the User Access Control (UAC) prompt with "YES, the site is known to be safe", this page appears... http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/walle/hd/ Click on any link (480/720/1080i) and Media Player Classic (an open- source player) offers options to download and/or play. Works exactly as it should. _Firefox_ Clicking on the high-def links does nothing - UNLESS Vista User Access Control is disabled. Then all is well. There are no apparent settings in FF that alter this behavior. Same machine, same hardware, and FF is co...

odd behavior
Name: John Diehl Email: jdiehl6athrtcdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: odd behavior Comments: Tonight when I opened Firefox I got a barrage of screens and changes that I didn't want. home page was changed and a list of updated programs came up. What goes on here? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to s...

Abnormal behavior of EAServer : Automatically deleteing servlet entry in easerver and deleting java & classfile files
Problem with ChangePassword.java ( Servlet ) : "Abnormal behavior of EAServer " Automatically delete servlet entry in easerver and deleting files ChangePassword.java and ChangePassword.class . Easserver 5.3.0 ( build 53016 ) Jdk 1.5 Pb 10.5 ( build 2516 ) I have created a servlet to change the password and it is working fine am facing one problem that easerver delete delete servlet entry in easerver and deleting files ChangePassword.java and ChangePassword.class . Please find log file with attachment ( different time when I am facing...

Odd JSP Behavior
When using EA Server (3.6) to serve up JSPs, I have discovered that using response.sendRedirect seems to result in everything being gone from the HttpSession - previously set session variables are all null. If I use a RequestDispatcher to forward the request, session variables retain their values, as expected. Is this expected behavior of sendRedirect? Mark Maslow Are you using the encodeRedirectUrl() method? See below: public abstract String encodeRedirectUrl(String url) Description Returns the specified URL encoded (rewritten) to include the session ID. If encoding...

odd Storable behavior
the following program behaves strangely: ------------------------------------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Storable qw(store); use POSIX qw(strftime); my @a=<>; my $datestamp = strftime qq(%a %b %e %H:%M:%S), localtime; print $datestamp, qq( store begins\n); store \@a, q(testfile); $datestamp = strftime qq(%a %b %e %H:%M:%S), localtime; print $datestamp, qq( store ends\n); -------------------------------------------------------------- # ls -ltrAh | tail -2 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 85M May 14 11:29 fourier.manifest.flat ...

Odd Mobilink Behavior
I have a working, tested Mobilink application, using ASA 7.0.3347. My consolidated database is ASA and I'm using Ultralite on the Palm. I've successfully tested this application on multiple workstations, with multiple Palm and Windows OSes. Except on one workstation, Mobilink does nothing. I have all logging turned on (-vcrs); nothing is logged except the basic "welcome" and "goodbye" messages. Every setting is identical to the other workstations where it worked perfectly: * Mobilink is running, using the exact same command line as the other wor...

Odd windows behavior
Hi there, this message might be kind of long, but is necessary to describe my problem. I have been experiencing odd windows hangs lately and have not changed or installed any new software, I believe that I might have a virus, but a full scan with NAV (latest dat files) revealed no problems. The weirdest thing is that just after the mouse cursor is displayed during boot up, but before any other part of the desktop loads there is a very brief (tenth of a second) flash of a blue screen, the same color as the blue screen of death, and then windows appears to load and operate normally. ...

odd list behavior
Can someone explain why I seem to all of a sudden getting a bunch of old posts to the seamonkey support list? -- Tony Alfrey tonyalfrey@earthlink.net "I'd Rather Be Sailing" Tony Alfrey wrote: > Can someone explain why I seem to all of a sudden getting a bunch of > old posts to the seamonkey support list? Did you change your view settings? If I want to, I can display posts going back to 2006, but I normally hide them by showing only threads with unread posts. -- War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left. -- Paul B. Gallagh...

Odd cluster behavior
I have a two-node NW6.5SP8 cluster. Available memory on the master node dropped precipitously so I migrated resources to the other node and rebooted the machine. It came up fine and joined the cluster. I attempted to migrate its normal services back and nothing happened. I looked in NRM on that node and it reports that it is joined but shows state as empty on all services, including master IP. NRM on the new master shows node2 as joined. The cluster event log on both nodes appears the same and shows the node successfully joining with no errors. A fresh reboot has the same result....

Odd DBCLIENT behavior
Howdy, I have an interesting situation on a LAN that uses our app. The app relies on 32bit ODBC. This LAN has twenty or so nodes running Win95 and TCPIP. All nodes work as expected and the DBCLIENT can communicate with the DB server (SQLA v5.5.04), except for one node. I can ping the local host with this node but when loading the dbclient from the command line (or from the ODBCAD32 setup) using: dbclient servername -x tcpip{host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx} it will not recognize the server. I have used the -Z switch without much luck in diagnosing this. Al...

odd behavior with Gmail
Name: Richard Product: Firefox Summary: odd behavior with Gmail Comments: latest version seems to auto open and archive my inbox? and the keyboard controls dont seem to work as they did when using previous versions of FFOX Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Odd Inheritance Behavior
hi, i'm having a problem with inheritance that seems like a bug to me. i'm using PB 7.0.2 Build 8014 and PFC and i've done the following: 1. create an non-visual object inherited from n_base, lets call this n_cst_mybase. from that i've created an object we'll call n_cst_mybase_inheritA. from that i've created an object, we'll call n_cst_mybase_inheritB. the chain looks like: n_base -> n_cst_mybase -> n_cst_mybase_inheritA -> n_cst_mybase_inheritB 2. i've created a visual object along the same lines from u_base. that looks like: u_...

odd tab behavior
I am using firefox version 2.0.0.3. Last night it was working fine but when I opened it this morning several odd things happened. First, instead of going to google.com which is my usual start page it went to Mozilla Firefox Start Page and I had to change my start page back to google. Second, it had reverted to the default skin and was no longer using the one I had installed. Third, If I click on the homepage button on the tool bar that tab goes to my start page but another tab opens automatically at it goes to Mozilla Firefox Start Page as well. I have been using firefox for many...

Odd Behavior Explained
A while back I reported that, although I could synch between ASA 7 and a Palm, hardly anyone else could. Finally discovered why: I was not including some critical file in the install. When I installed the full ASA 7, then everyone could synch just fine. Problem: We don't want to install the full ASA 7. Can anyone point me to documentation or specific instructions on what files need to be included in an InstallShield install to fully support: * ASA * DBISQL * Mobilink * DBMLUSER * DBCOND7 * DBBACKUP TIA Actually, I meant "dbsrv7", not "ASA" in t...

Web resources about - Odd dynamo behavior - sybase.easerver

Behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Behavior or behaviour (see spelling differences ) is the range of actions and mannerisms made by individuals, organisms , systems , or artificial ...

Behavior Design - behaviordesign.com
Behavior designs interactive systems.

Behavior Gap - Exploring the relationship between people and their money. Behavior Gap
Watch it now. Watch the latest videos by Carl Richards on money, emotion, and meaningful conversations.

Dog Behavior Tips -Dog Owners One Stop Shop and Tips
Come and get some free dog behavior tips. Training your new or older dog can sometimes be somewhat of a task if you are new to doing it. Let ...

Modeled Behavior
It is, more or less, the country’s primary check for determining how well the government is doing — and in fact what the government will be doing. ...

Online Behavior - Marketing Measurement & Optimization
This website is a source of knowledge for website owners and analysts looking to understand how their online customers behave . But that's not ...

BJ Fogg's Behavior Model
... In addition, he devotes at least half his time to industry projects and innovations, all of which focus on using technology to change behaviors ...

Plant Behavior
The Society of Plant Signaling and Behavior serves the community of scientists interested in sensory plant biology, signaling, information processing ...

How Internet Behavior Shifted in 2015
The mobile revolution has been the catalyst behind a shift in how people access the internet as well as user behaviors. From Millennials and ...

Human behavior is the biggest threat to company security
A new survey of cyber security professionals from information management company Nuix shows that businesses are placing greater emphasis on insider ...