MTS 2.0 and ASA 6.0

A Visual Basic COM DLL within MTS was invoked.  The COM DLL utilizes ADO

to make a call to ASA 6.0.  The following message was reported from the
ODBC Driver Manager:
"Failed to enlist on calling objects transaction".

The COM DLL worked successfully to ASA 6.0 when it was NOT in MTS.
Also when running the same DLLs against Microsoft SQL Server everything
works successfully within MTS.

Based on the above information, my assumption is that the ODBC driver
for ASA 6.0 can not participate within MTS transactions.
Is this a true statement?

Has anyone else worked with Microsoft Transaction Server and ASA 6.0 and

successfully utilized the transactional capabilities of MTS to control
ASA?

0
Tim

Did and ODBC Trace show any information?

--
David Fishburn
Sybase

Tim George wrote in message <3665A402.2154A113@netcarrier.com>...
>A Visual Basic COM DLL within MTS was invoked.  The COM DLL utilizes ADO
>
>to make a call to ASA 6.0.  The following message was reported from the
>ODBC Driver Manager:
>"Failed to enlist on calling objects transaction".
>
>The COM DLL worked successfully to ASA 6.0 when it was NOT in MTS.
>Also when running the same DLLs against Microsoft SQL Server everything
>works successfully within MTS.
>
>Based on the above information, my assumption is that the ODBC driver
>for ASA 6.0 can not participate within MTS transactions.
>Is this a true statement?
>
>Has anyone else worked with Microsoft Transaction Server and ASA 6.0 and
>
>successfully utilized the transactional capabilities of MTS to control
>ASA?

0
David
12/2/1998 9:25:54 PM
The resource managers that MTS uses require specific ODBC database drivers
to be used with MTS.  So far, Microsoft has only created drivers for MS SQL
Server and Oracle.  Your assumption is correct:  MTS cannot control
transactions invoked through the ASA ODBC driver.

Now for the sales pitch.  EA Server can host your COM components but it
doesn't have any restrictions on the ODBC drivers.

Wes Hewatt
Senior Systems Consultant
Sybase, Inc.

0
Wes

Firefox 2.0.0.6 Reverts back to 2.0.0.5 reinstalls 2.0.0.6, wipes out user settings
Firefox is turning into a piece of crap. First, there is only 1 profile, the default profile. Second, after the first 2.0.0.6 update wiped out the profile settings (again), the automatic check for updates was turned off. This morning the customized profile settings went MIA again, Firefox decided it was version 2.0.0.5 (per the help, about firefox) and automatically downloaded 2.0.0.6; even though 2.0.0.6 had already been installed on July 31. It now thinks it is 2.0.0.6, the home page and other profile settings have been reset, and automatic updates turned off for everyt...

getting from 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.0.11
FF duly informs me that there's an update available. Fine. I d/l the update, agree to restart FF once it's installed, and ... it's still at 2.0.0.6? What's going on here? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Ken mckqed@gmail.com schrieb: > FF duly informs me that there's an update available. > > Fine. > > I d/l the update, agree to restart FF once it's installed, and ... > it's still at 2.0.0.6? > > What's going on here? > > Any suggestions would be very welcome. > > Ken Hi, please look i...

Upgrade ASA 6.0.2.2238 to ASA 6.0.3
Does anybody know what precautions should be taken when upgrading to 6.0.3, last EBF? Anything special? BTW, is it recommended to do such upgrade, or not? Currently on ASA 6.0.2.2238. Thanks a lot, Vincent. ...

2.0.0.6 update to 2.0.0.7 a success.
Sorry to be an odd one out at the moment, but I've just updated an XP desktop machine and a Vista Laptop machine from ...6 to ...7 without a hitch. I have bookmarks, I have my Extension working, my History is intact, and FF seems to be working very well on the sites that I visit regularly Not only has FF on both machines been closed and re-run a couple of times, but both machines have been cold rebooted, and FF still works. I post this as a positive report, just to report something good about the latest update and not as a Nanananana! As there seems to be a lot of problems/n...

Version 2.0.0.7 vs 2.0.0.6
Name: Tina Rolston Email: trolstonatfranklindotk12dotgadotus Product: Firefox Summary: Version 2.0.0.7 vs 2.0.0.6 Comments: We are having problems with the updated version of FF. Is there any way I can get the 2.0.0.6 dmg to downgrade. We are running Infinite Campus software on MAC OS X and for some reason, the upgrade is not working. Please help!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Wont update to 2.0.0.6 from 2.0.0.5
I keep getting a massage to update to 2.0.0.6 but every in I try I get the massage box saying something like: unable to install because another programme is using the files, Any ideas???? On 16.08.2007 21:16 UK Time, denver wrote: > I keep getting a massage to update to 2.0.0.6 but every in I try I get > the massage box saying something like: unable to install because > another programme is using the files, Any ideas???? > No idea really, but does it still happen after rebooting? -- Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk On Aug 16, 9:32 pm, Herb <HE@UK> w...

Firefox XP 2.0.0.8 ubuntu 2.0.0.6. Why?
I am using XP and Ubuntu 7.10. In both operating system I am using the same profile. (Symbolic link to XP partition). However, due to the difference in versions Firefox always start with a addon check. So why is Ubuntu not on version 2.0.0.8. That would solve this problem. Arjen On 10/22/2007 3:03 PM, Arjen Meijer wrote: > I am using XP and Ubuntu 7.10. In both operating system I am using the > same profile. > (Symbolic link to XP partition). > > However, due to the difference in versions Firefox always start with a > addon check. > > So why is U...

SSL disabled (?) after install of 2.0.0.6 AND 2.0.0.9
Name: David L. Mohn Email: ultramohnatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: SSL disabled (?) after install of 2.0.0.6 AND 2.0.0.9 Comments: I've been using FF 2.0 on a Chinese Win 98se system for some time. Last month, I decided to upgrade to 2.0.0.6. After installing and reopening, I received this related message saying that there was difficulty with the security options and that SSL had been disabled. After checking SSL settings and finding that they were actually NOT disabled, I checked Mozillazine forums and tried my best to fix the prob. No such luck. I return...

Update of Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 fails
Name: Franz Baader Email: FranzdotBaaderatt-onlinedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Update of Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 fails Comments: Update of Firefox 2.0.0.5 to 2.0.0.6 (German) fails with a message in German like "one or more files couldn't be updated". Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6
Name: Infra Red Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6 Comments: Possible Problem I am not sure if it is because my firewall hasn't picked up the version change yet but if it is not so the new version doesn't work for me. Possible Answer I have Sygate Firewall, It was set to permit all so maybe the version change wasn't monitored therefor not allowed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Version 2.0.0.6 repair Bugfixes to 2.0.0.7
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrick2406atsmsdotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Version 2.0.0.6 repair Bugfixes to 2.0.0.7 Comments: Hello! Your can change to delete the Acount comleplete. The Webmail http:\\www.sms.at import to Mozilla Thunderbird. Please Entry the Emailformats StarMail sdm... to the Import Programm. Thank you! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Cursor problem migrate ASA 6.0.2.2188 --> ASA 8.0.2.3601
Hi, I resubmit this problem that I cannot solve. I resubmit a bit of code too. The following procedure worked fine with a ASA 6.0.2.2188 database. Specification of the server : Win2000. Database converted succesfully from 6.0.2.2188 to 8.0.2.3601 I was only one working with these tables. No other parallel task. Only this procedure. The main problem is that I read data in a cursor from 2 diffrent Tables. Then, I update 1 of the 2 table by an positionned update. The cursor is correctly read. The procedure blocked at the update statement. The only way to...

downloadable 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 ASA
Greetings! Where can I obtain a Solaris version of ASA 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 to download to my workstation? When the CR indicates that it has been fixed in 6.0.1 (build 1260) does this mean that I need a patch beyond the base 6.0.1 version? (I'm not familiar with ASA release mechanisms.) TIA, Karen R. >Where can I obtain a Solaris version of ASA 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 to download >to my workstation? THey don't appear on the download area http://softwarexpress.sybase.com/esd2/esd.stm so I guess you have to contact sybase. >When the CR indicates that it has...

Web resources about - MTS 2.0 and ASA 6.0 - sybase.easerver

MTS (network provider) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The MTS mobile network operates using the GSM standard. It currently holds licences to provide mobile services in 81 out of 83 regions in Russia ...

Personal - MTS
MTS provides outstanding consumer and business telecommunication services to the province of Manitoba, including Wireless, High Speed Internet, ...

MTS Nutrition (@MTSNutrition) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here MTS Nutrition @ MTSNutrition ...

All sizes - MTS edinburgh graff kingz! - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

MTS Internet Baby - YouTube
Subscribe: http://bit.ly/16TNd6W This kid is already ahead of the spectrum. He's the #MTSInternetBaby, born to #ExploitTheWeb with the new superior ...

MTS - METCASH LIMITED - Quotes Chart
JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

Blue Mts body 'may be Gary Tweddle'

MTS - METCASH LIMITED - Quotes Summary
JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

1000 dancers in blazing colour flood MTS Centre at Manito Ahbee
Nearly a thousand dancers in blazing colours filled the MTS Centre Saturday afternoon as Canada's largest Powwow continued.

MTS Allstream Charged Me $28.42 For Downloading A Single Photo, Customer Says
... a single photo onto his cellphone. Freelance photographer Jon Gill says he was “pretty shocked” when he found out his cellphone plan with MTS ...