Managing Jaguar with anything other than JAVA Manager

There is another short thread about a Jaguar plug in for Sybase Central 3.2
and that there isn't one.  Does anyone know of a tool other than the stock
JAVA manager which we can use to manage Jaguar?  The reason I ask is because
the JAVA versions of Sybase Central do not repaint when run through PC
Anywhere.  I do not know if it is a PC Anywhere issue or a Sybase issue or
if this is the case with all JAVA programs.  I only know it is a pain in the
you-know-what and is a problem.

--
Matthew Fleck
Product Development Manager

0
Matthew

I've heard this but never experienced it.  I use PCA with JagMan all the
time.  What version of PCA are you using?

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Cynergy Systems, Inc.
Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
http://www.cynergysystems.com

"Matthew Fleck" <mattf@sds.com> wrote in message
> There is another short thread about a Jaguar plug in for Sybase Central
3.2
> and that there isn't one.  Does anyone know of a tool other than the stock
> JAVA manager which we can use to manage Jaguar?  The reason I ask is
because
> the JAVA versions of Sybase Central do not repaint when run through PC
> Anywhere.  I do not know if it is a PC Anywhere issue or a Sybase issue or
> if this is the case with all JAVA programs.  I only know it is a pain in
the
> you-know-what and is a problem.
>
> --
> Matthew Fleck
> Product Development Manager
> Video Communications, Inc.

0
Carson
3/2/2001 11:11:08 PM
I have been using the the latest and greatest 9.2.1 under Win 2K.  I have
seen this problem occur with earlier versions of PCA and Windows.

--
"Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" <carson.hager@cynergysystems.com> wrote in
message news:TDz$kO0oAHA.198@forums.sybase.com...
> I've heard this but never experienced it.  I use PCA with JagMan all the
> time.  What version of PCA are you using?
>

> Carson

> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
> http://www.cynergysystems.com
>

> "Matthew Fleck" <mattf@sds.com> wrote in message
> > There is another short thread about a Jaguar plug in for Sybase Central
> 3.2
> > and that there isn't one.  Does anyone know of a tool other than the
stock
> > JAVA manager which we can use to manage Jaguar?  The reason I ask is
> because
> > the JAVA versions of Sybase Central do not repaint when run through PC
> > Anywhere.  I do not know if it is a PC Anywhere issue or a Sybase issue
or
> > if this is the case with all JAVA programs.  I only know it is a pain in
> the
> > you-know-what and is a problem.
> >
> > --
> > Matthew Fleck
> > Product Development Manager
> > Video Communications, Inc.

0
Matthew
3/2/2001 11:53:06 PM
I believe the issue is with Java. I have a registry hack somewhere to fix
this, I'll try and find it. The problem is because by default Java writes to
a (video) buffer which isn't monitored by remote control software. With Win
NT, bringing up the task manager and closing it will temporarily disable
this feature!

Regards

Julian Bowker
Marble Steps Systems

> I have been using the the latest and greatest 9.2.1 under Win 2K.  I have
> seen this problem occur with earlier versions of PCA and Windows.
>
> --
> Matthew Fleck
> Product Development Manager
> Video Communications, Inc.
> "Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" <carson.hager@cynergysystems.com> wrote in
> message news:TDz$kO0oAHA.198@forums.sybase.com...
> > I've heard this but never experienced it.  I use PCA with JagMan all the
> > time.  What version of PCA are you using?
> >

> > Carson

> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> > Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
> > http://www.cynergysystems.com
> >

> > "Matthew Fleck" <mattf@sds.com> wrote in message
> > > There is another short thread about a Jaguar plug in for Sybase
Central
> > 3.2
> > > and that there isn't one.  Does anyone know of a tool other than the
> stock
> > > JAVA manager which we can use to manage Jaguar?  The reason I ask is
> > because
> > > the JAVA versions of Sybase Central do not repaint when run through PC
> > > Anywhere.  I do not know if it is a PC Anywhere issue or a Sybase
issue
> or
> > > if this is the case with all JAVA programs.  I only know it is a pain
in
> > the
> > > you-know-what and is a problem.
> > >
> > > --