Local

Hi,

This is really 2 questions in one.

1. If we are running transactions using the shared tx co-ordinator model
all dbase calls should be made over 1 Connection Cache. Does this mean all
the components that are used on a tx must run on the same box.

2. If this is correct, how can we ensure that all calls are made on the
local box, in a clustered environment?

We are wish to run a cluster which guarantees to run components on the
local box only.

We need to do this (I think) for the following reasons.

There are 3 types of Jaguar Transaction Co-ordinators, MS DTC, 2 Phase
Commit/OTS/XA and Shared.

We can't use MS-DTC because we are using non-MS and non-JDBC
components. We don't want to use 2PC because of the programming
overhead.
This leaves Shared which, according to the documentation must use the one
connection. If we are clustering and part of the tx is run on a remote
server, it will open a new Connection, and break one of the tx rules for
Shared Transactions.

For this reason we want all parts of a given transaction to run on the
local box, but we still want clustering.

Is this interpretation of the rules of the tx models, or is there another
solution?

Apparently there is a construct for "java.naming.provider.url" in the
Initial Context. If we set this to 0:0 (or something close) the name server
should be local and only return local components.

chz

andrewo
0
andrew

andrew.oxenburgh@gartmore.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is really 2 questions in one.
>
> 1. If we are running transactions using the shared tx co-ordinator model
> all dbase calls should be made over 1 Connection Cache. Does this mean all
> the components that are used on a tx must run on the same box.

Yes.

> 2. If this is correct, how can we ensure that all calls are made on the
> local box, in a clustered environment?

Make sure all components used within the transaction are installed in
the server. Jaguar ALWAYS runs inter-component calls within the same
server if it can.

> We are wish to run a cluster which guarantees to run components on the
> local box only.
>
> We need to do this (I think) for the following reasons.
>
> There are 3 types of Jaguar Transaction Co-ordinators, MS DTC, 2 Phase
> Commit/OTS/XA and Shared.
>
> We can't use MS-DTC because we are using non-MS and non-JDBC
> components. We don't want to use 2PC because of the programming
> overhead.
> This leaves Shared which, according to the documentation must use the one
> connection. If we are clustering and part of the tx is run on a remote
> server, it will open a new Connection, and break one of the tx rules for
> Shared Transactions.
>
> For this reason we want all parts of a given transaction to run on the
> local box, but we still want clustering.
>
> Is this interpretation of the rules of the tx models, or is there another
> solution?
>
> Apparently there is a construct for "java.naming.provider.url" in the
> Initial Context. If we set this to 0:0 (or something close) the name server
> should be local and only return local components.
>
> chz
>

> andrewo

Evan Ireland              Sybase EAServer Engineering        eireland@sybase.com
                            Wellington, New Zealand               +64 4 934-5856
0
Evan
8/30/2000 10:35:50 PM
Thanks Evan,

Is my interpretation of the co-ordinator rules correct?

ie when using the 'shared' model, all components within a transaction must
be on the local EAS?

chz

andrewo
0
Anonymous
8/31/2000 10:43:54 AM
Thanks Evan,

Is my interpretation of the co-ordinator rules correct?

ie when using the 'shared' model, all components within a transaction must
be on the local EAS?

chz

andrewo
0
andrew
8/31/2000 10:44:14 AM
Correct.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

<andrew.oxenburgh@gartmore.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Evan,
>
> Is my interpretation of the co-ordinator rules correct?
>
> ie when using the 'shared' model, all components within a transaction must
> be on the local EAS?
>
> chz
>
> andrewo

0
Dave

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

How to image local-to-local
I tried using a couple different Cool Tip articles about zen imaging to USB drives, but am still having problems. I want to store the c:\ drive onto a different partition on the same hard drive. Here's the scenario: 40Gig drive: 20Gig windows partition 10Gig ext2-formatted partition (10gig unused) I mounted the 10Gig partition, then went into the IMG tool and tried to save the c:\drive image to it but it bombs out almost immediately with "Out of space on destination", even though I know that the resulting zmg file will be far less than 10Gig. Please tell me ...

English locale in the localized versions
Hello, It would be very nice if all versions of Firefox would also include the English locale and an easy way to switch to it. Not everyone likes their software not being in English, and the auto-detection feature of the download page makes it easy to get a localized version by mistake. I've ran into this problem several times while setting up friends' PCs, and having to reinstall Firefox was annoying. I realize that adding all locales like, say, Opera does would more than double the installer size, but the English locale alone is small, and the changes required would be t...

Localization and generate local resource
hi all, i am developing a localized site and i used the new implemented feature in asp.net 2 ( Generate local resource ), nice   but the problem is that feature produces a resource file per each page or usercontrol in my application   but is i want to implement it as Dotnetnuke allowing the admin to manage locals,   how to make it in a single resource file making use of that feature. thanks,Ahmed El NobySenior Web DeveloperMCP,MCTS thanks ,   i found my solution and i used App_Globalresources the solution was in this link http://forums.asp.net/911614/S...

AMO localization
The list of categories (left-hand column in the home page) is stil in English in the sl staging version https://addons.allizom.org/sl/firefox/?browse=featured .... and I can find the place where these en-US items (From Alerts / Updates down to Other) are hiding. Could it be they are not localizeable at all (like tags, here to stay)? TiA smo PS: I have written this up once already but it looks like I am all thumbs these days, cant find the posting anymore. One answer will suffice - assuming I will be able to find it (g) HI, If you registered translator, on the Add-ons pa...

AMO localization
if you open https://addons.allizom.org/sl/firefox/?browse=featured you'll notice that the top 70% of categories in the left/hand side column (Alerts & Updates and on down all the way to Other) have not been localized. This is of course the first thing that hits the eyes of a visitor, making him wonder about visual and intellectual capabilities of people doing the localization. I have just looked once more time into the repository and I cant find any strings like these. Could it be it is some hard-coded stuff (tags maybe?). Any explanation and suggestion how to deal w...

Fennec in french and How-to for localizing in your own locale.
Hi There. The Frenchmozilla team have localized Fennec (Mozilla mobile) in French for the fun of it. There is a blog post (in French) about this release: http://blog.frenchmozilla.fr/index/post/2008/07/19/Fennec-Mozilla-mobile-en-francais And a How-to explainng the process: http://blog.frenchmozilla.fr/index/post/2008/07/21/How-to-localize-Fennec-04-in-your-language It's just for fun as the real localization of Fennec is normally planned in the future :) Philippe Philippe wrote: > Hi There. > The Frenchmozilla team have localized Fennec (Mozilla mobile) in ...

Why is Time::Local in two places? (was: Doesn't Time::Local::time local promise too much?)
On http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse I see a lib/Time/Local.pm with version 1.07, which does not contain the doc snippet below: Is there a good reason for this duplicity? Surely Time doesn't change that fast to necessitate more frequent updates of this package than can be produced with the current Perl core releases ;-) Wolfgang > -----Original Message----- > From: Dave Rolsky [mailto:autarch@urth.org] > Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 6:35 PM > > I've been maintaining Time::Local outside the core. I released 1.06 to > CPAN a while...

Dynamic Localization base on User Locale
Greetings, Our system supports multiple language now we have to send the email notification based on User locale. Now in the eMail activity, when we select the email template, I am able to select specific locale but if same workflow is invoked by people with english language and also by other Users having other languages, will it translate the content or we have to have different email aactivity for locale? What if we are sending the mail from Approval Activity? Thanks, RK -- rajeshemailto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Select a local file in local drive
Hi all, I would like to know if asp.net allow loading of file from our local drive. Can I allow user to load a file from the local drive? Please let me know as I would like user to select a file whereby I will process the file and load to database. Thanks        You can place a FileUpload control on your webpage to allow the user to select a local file and upload it.  Once they've uploaded it, you can save it on your server and process it as necessary. <asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server" /> http://msdn2.m...

User profiles changing to Local-local
NetWare 6.5 sp7 servers 4.91 sp 4 clients Windows XP For a reason that we haven't been able to determine a large number of users are having their workstation profiles suddenly changing from Roaming-Roaming to Local-Local. Yes, we're using Zen's DLU, but I don't think that's the issue, and here's why I say that. We've been able to determine that on the machines that are having this problem the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\NWGINA\Roaming Profiles\CachedProfilePaths is no longer being populated. Nothing has changed on any of the Z...

CalendarExtender localization without -Localization- attribute
hi..asp.net 2.0I dont want to enable the "Localization" or "Globalization" attributes of ScriptManager element, since they cause more JS codes in compiled html and it causes more bandwith.But i can't use the CalendarExtender without those attributes. I use my web application in TR-tr culture. So, i had to write an extra function to convert the date formats, but i dont want to write an extra function, too..I use the CalendarExtender only in one web form page, browse.aspx... But my ScriptManager is in the MasterPage.. So i can not use another script manager for this ca...

locale-inspector, a tool to check locales
Hi Fellow Localizers, I've made a command line tool to check locales. The following items can be verified: -bom -entities -placeholders (%S, #1, $var$ ...) -access keys -keybindings The app also allows you to merge your locale into the en-US one. So, you can create a valid translation in seconds (See the "merge" line in ini file). To illustrate, I've checked the 39 locales (mozilla1.8 branch): http://downloads.mozdev.org/br/l10n-report.zip Download the application here: http://downloads.mozdev.org/br/locale-inspector.zip (It's a .NET app, so y...

Can I use localization that has nothing to do with locale?
I'm just starting out with asp.net and please forgive me if this is a stupid question.... I need to build an application that is completely modifiable but not because of language settings. Its more of a case of wanting to give my application a new "face" depending on who views it. If its a member of group "A" I want to use different labels, images and stylesheets than if its a member of group "B". The group will be part of the URL they use to access the site. I would imagine that resource files and separate directories for images and stylesheets will be...

Web resources about - Local - sybase.easerver

Local government in England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The pattern of local government in England is complex, with the distribution of functions varying according to the local arrangements. Legislation ...

Surge in WA domestic tourism as locals opt for staycations
A surge in local tourism has shown more West Australians than ever are discovering the beauty on their own doorstep.

Locals chain themselves to trees that face the chop for Sydney light rail in Randwick
At least six protesters have chained themselves to century-old trees that are due to be chopped down to make way for Sydney's new light rail ...

Warrandyte locals, Yarra advocate irate at toxic waste dump into river
Warrandyte locals are stunned and horrified at revelations Parks Victoria staff washed toxic chemical waste into the Yarra River.

Local Stakeholders React to Malheur Occupation - Al Jazeera America
Area had brought together diverse coalition aimed at restoring wetland; takeover by armed militia group has put work on pause

We should let high schoolers and non-citizen residents vote in local elections
... Montgomery County to lower its voting age to 16 and extend voting rights to non-citizen residents in elections for school board and other local ...

Houston Cougars head coach Tom Herman goes off on local radio hosts
University of Houston head football coach Tom Herman made an appearance on SportsRadio 610 in Houston on Wednesday morning to address a report ...

St. George’s School has agreed to launch a new investigation into the sex abuse allegations - Local news ...
Harry Groome, of Arlington (third from right), a former student at St. George’s School, spoke to media this week. He claimed he was raped at ...

How the locals fared: 2015 season review
Wondering how the players from Western New York and the University at Buffalo currently in the NFL finished up their 2015 seasons? We've got ...

Is your local Macy's closing?
The nation's largest department store chain is cutting thousands of jobs and shuttering dozens of stores nationwide