JException - org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL

When I calling component method from java client on Jag2.0 (b20043),
which returns Jag1.1 resultset
this exception arise.

JException: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (52) + length
(1297040453) exceeds message size (14516)

I found nothing in Jag documentation about this exception.

Thanx

VaK

0
Vaclav

Please open a technical support case.

Dave Wolf
EAServer Product Team

Vaclav Kulakovsky wrote:

> When I calling component method from java client on Jag2.0 (b20043),
> which returns Jag1.1 resultset
> this exception arise.
>
> JException: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (52) + length
> (1297040453) exceeds message size (14516)
>
> I found nothing in Jag documentation about this exception.
>
> Thanx
>
> VaK

0
David
12/1/1998 12:55:08 PM
The only time I've seen this message is when I'm returning a null result
set to a MASP client.  In some cases, I don't want to return any results
or metadata, so I was able to work around this by replacing the null
result set with a JServerResultSet with zero rows and the
JServerResultSetMetadata initialized to zero columns.

If the metadata is non-null, you may want to make sure that you're
populating all your columns and using the setNull method to return null
values.

- Josh Grant

Vaclav Kulakovsky wrote:

> When I calling component method from java client on Jag2.0 (b20043),
> which returns Jag1.1 resultset
> this exception arise.
>
> JException: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (52) + length
> (1297040453) exceeds message size (14516)
>
> I found nothing in Jag documentation about this exception.
>
> Thanx
>
> VaK

0
Josh
12/1/1998 4:53:56 PM
If you look at the streaming component I posted, it shows how to use the
JServerResultSet.

Dave Wolf
EAServer Product Team

Josh Grant wrote:

> The only time I've seen this message is when I'm returning a null result
> set to a MASP client.  In some cases, I don't want to return any results
> or metadata, so I was able to work around this by replacing the null
> result set with a JServerResultSet with zero rows and the
> JServerResultSetMetadata initialized to zero columns.
>
> If the metadata is non-null, you may want to make sure that you're
> populating all your columns and using the setNull method to return null
> values.
>
> - Josh Grant
>
> Vaclav Kulakovsky wrote:
>
> > When I calling component method from java client on Jag2.0 (b20043),
> > which returns Jag1.1 resultset
> > this exception arise.
> >
> > JException: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (52) + length
> > (1297040453) exceeds message size (14516)
> >
> > I found nothing in Jag documentation about this exception.
> >
> > Thanx
> >
> > VaK

0
David
12/1/1998 5:05:49 PM
Two possible problems here:

(1) Bug in Jaguar (unlikely in this case).

(2) Client and server are not in agreement about the return
      type. If the method is declared in Jaguar Manager to
      return "ResultSet", it must return exactly one result set
      (zero is not allowed). If your component returns zero
      or one (or more) result sets, declare it to return
      "ResultSets" in Jaguar Manager.

(3) You changed the return type but didn't regenerate the
      stubs?

In cases like this it would be useful to see the IDL interface
for your component, the generated stub (_st_**.java) and
the generated skeleton (_sk_**.java), and your component
class.

Vaclav Kulakovsky wrote:

> When I calling component method from java client on Jag2.0 (b20043),
> which returns Jag1.1 resultset
> this exception arise.
>
> JException: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (52) + length
> (1297040453) exceeds message size (14516)
>
> I found nothing in Jag documentation about this exception.
>
> Thanx
>
> VaK

0
Evan
12/1/1998 5:33:00 PM
Are we sure Vaclav isnt using IDL datatypes?  But if your methods return a
ResultSet, or other non-CORBA-bound datatype you're correct.

Dave Wolf
EAServer Product Team

Lynn Orrell wrote:

> Vaclav -
>
>     Make sure your component type is set to Java with JDBC datatypes  NOT
> Java with IDL datatypes.  This should fix your problem...
>
> Lynn Orrell
>
> Vaclav Kulakovsky wrote in message ...
> >When I calling component method from java client on Jag2.0 (b20043),
> >which returns Jag1.1 resultset
> >this exception arise.
> >
> >JException: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (52) + length
> >(1297040453) exceeds message size (14516)
> >
> >I found nothing in Jag documentation about this exception.
> >
> >Thanx
> >
> >VaK

0
David
12/3/1998 7:21:51 PM
Vaclav -

    Make sure your component type is set to Java with JDBC datatypes  NOT
Java with IDL datatypes.  This should fix your problem...

Lynn Orrell

Vaclav Kulakovsky wrote in message ...
>When I calling component method from java client on Jag2.0 (b20043),
>which returns Jag1.1 resultset
>this exception arise.
>
>JException: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (52) + length
>(1297040453) exceeds message size (14516)
>
>I found nothing in Jag documentation about this exception.
>
>Thanx
>
>VaK

0
Lynn

Corba Marshall
I am getting an interesting error message back from Jaguar that I can't seem to fix. We are developing a website use EAS(3.01), & PB (7.0 build 6012). The problem occurs when we call a function which accepts two structures as arguements by reference. The transaction goes through and fails or succeeds on Jaguars end, but no matter what on the webclient I get a return code of zero (this return code is not used in the called function) and the message... Exception thrown: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (232) + length (4) exceeds message size (230) in method createteam of cla...

CORBA Marshalling Problem
I have a component deployed in Jaguar that is inherited from an ancestor. In the client, I instantiante the component and call a method on it. In the activate event of the component ( the script is extended ) , I create a datastore. There is script in the ancestor of this component which does some other initialization. Jaguar is returning a CORBA Marshalling error , when it attempts to create the datastore in the activate event... Any ideas??? TIA... Steve Rodriguez That can't cause a marshall error, but trying to pass an empty resultset can. Are you possibly doing...

CORBA MARSHAL
Hi All, I get the following error: Aug 01 08:02:48 2000: SystemException: MARSHAL (interchain_framework/sc_ic_dssrv/uf_makedbwhereclause__SOCstr_sql_jag__CS - jagadmin@1.0.0.226) How should I solved succh an erorr ? The object is called from another server object (so it is an intercomponent call). It is a PB object (build 8045). I restarted the server, redeployed the object, regenerated proxies so I am quite desperate now !!!! TIA Marco Laponder (mlr@interchain.nl) Hi Marc, We had the same problem from time to time and they were caused by using structures as da...

CORBA MARSHALL error
I have a PB 7 app that connects to a Jaguar component to retrieve a dw and place in a dwobject on a window. All is well until I try to do an of_update. Once I setup the proxy stub on the client the app gets an CORBA System Exception:CORBA MARSHALL and the JAG log says System ExceptionLMARSHALL at the line where the component method to retrieve is called. (NOT UPDATE). So it appears that when I add the method to do the update and call transaction services it makes the entire component invalid. I have used the of_update method in another component and it has always worked. Any i...

CORBA MARSHALL error
Does anyone recognize this error I get when running on Jaguar 3.6.1.c on Solaris ? The same code works on my NT server. Jun 14 20:54:59 2001: Factory::find: component 'Facility/FacilityApp': failed to unmarshal primary key for finder 'ejbFindByPrimaryKey' Jun 14 20:54:59 2001: SystemException: MARSHAL (Facility/FacilityApp:Home/findByPrimaryKey - @63.94.106.48) Becky, could be old stubs/skeletons Scott "Becky Smith" <rebecca.smith@trw.com> wrote in message news:2NJId6P9AHA.85@forums.sybase.com... > Does anyone recognize this error I ge...

EAServer/Corba question
I am trying to access some CORBA objects with a PowerBuilder client. I seem to be having some problems doing so. Can anyone help me out? My experience with PowerBuilder and related products is quite limited. With that said: There are some CORBA services which I need to access with a PowerBuilder client. These services are already installed on a separate ORB, and are already being used by other application within the organization. We now need to have some PowerBuilder clients access these services. From what I have been able to learn (mostly by reading this group), there are ...

CORBA MARSHAL Exception
Hello, Im using SunOS 5.9 and EAServer 5.3 + PBVM 10.2.1 Build 9731. The situation is: I'm getting a CORBA MARSHAL Exception when Component A(Requires Transaction) calls a component B(Transaction not supported + Automatic demarcation/deactivation) and component B is writing messages to Jaguar.log using ErrorLogging(EAServer Crash!!) but if component B doesn't write anything to Jaguar.log then everything works fine. The problem only take place if I call component A using a Servlet but If I don=b4t everything works fine. The error Message is: -Exception: CORBA MA...

Corba Version on EAServer
I�d like to know what are the versions of CORBA in EAServer 3.6.1 and 4.0 and if there is a version of EAServer that supports CORBA POA (Portable Object Adapter) Thaks a lot, Wagner Soares Nobres wsnobres@terra.com.br Wagner, EAServer support CORBA 2.2 in 3.6.1 and most of 2.3 in easerver 4.0 Scott "Wagner Soares Nobres" <bono.listas@terra.com.br> wrote in message news:nJUYzJ7aBHA.300@forums.sybase.com... > I�d like to know what are the versions of CORBA in EAServer 3.6.1 and 4.0 > and if there is a version of EAServer that supports CORBA ...

Corba Marshall Exception
Hi group, I have been coming across a very interesting type of problem. I am using Jaguar CTS Version 3.6.1 (Build 36105)/GA/PC with jdk118 as the jdk version. Now i do execute a client code(java client) and it runs perfect.Once i make a transition to jdk122 by changing the path, classpath variables i find that the same client does not run and it gives out a Corba Marshall exception. Iam detailing out the problem : The server log is as given below Mar 07 18:28:23 2001: Stopped: CosNaming/NamingContext Mar 07 18:28:50 2001: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: offset (72) + length (...

MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0
We are getting a MarshalException when calling an EJB from a jsp to return a large result set which is an object. Is there a limitation on the amount of data that can be returned from an EJB. What are the possible work arounds for this problem? (See below for web browser exception and jaguar log file.) Thanks in advance for the help -Mark Kurley Our Configuration: Apache web server running on a different machine than jaguar. ******************** Exception shown on Web browser *************** Error: 500 Location: /Admin/documenttrack/clientinbox.jsp Internal Servlet Er...

CORBA Naming Service in EAServer?
I would like to implement a 3rd party CORBA component with an application I'd like to deploy with EAServer. I read that EAServer has a Naming service that can be used to register the component. Q: Where can I find the instructions on how to register the CORBA component? Q: Is this Naming service similar to a naming service that would come with and ORB such as Visibroker? Q: How can an outside client app interface with the naming service to obtain a reference to our CORBA component? I already understand that I could just use something like VisiBroker's naming service to re...

CORBA MARSHAL error 0
Hi, Has anyone encountered "CORBA MARSHAL error 0" when trying to pass a "Vector" from an EJB to a remote client? I am using all the classes as described in the documentation, but I always get the same error. Interestingly, I can pass a "String" to my client without any problem. This looks like a Marshalling/Serialization issue. If I deploy a WAR (JSP/JavaBean files) locally on the app server, it works fine, because it runs within the Jaguar environment. I did a local test on the machine and made sure that both Sybase EAs and the client use the same J...

EAServer and other Corba complient servers
Hi All, Anyone know the best way to call components on another app server(Siebel in our case?) It is CORBA complient, the EAServer component is going to be in PB 8. I think there was a DOC about doing something like this, but I haven't been able to find it. Also is it a license issue to try to connect to a different App server directly through PB using Corba? Thanks, Mike Kling Mike, Try looking at EASi. it may provide what you are looking for Scott "Mike Kling" <mike.kling@ricoh-usa.com> wrote in message news:3c7fd7b0.9622437@forums.sybase.com... ...

CORBA problem between Tomcat and EAServer
I developed an app using Tomcat 4.1.24 and EAServer and was able to render a datawindow as HTML with no problem. I move the app over to Server 2000 with the same configuration (so it would seem) and I am getting the following error in the Tomcat Window when I try to access the .jsp page with the datawindow tag contained withing it: DataWindowTag: error in doStartTag: org.omg.CORBA_OBJECT_NOT_EXIST Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated. ...

Running CORBA C++ on EAServer
My environment is Solaris 8 Forte C++ 6 My application build on C++ component by using the Rogue Wave class bundled with Forte C++ 6. However, I discover as the program running, the memory will be increased significantly. I think the Rogue Wave class memory may not be freed Are there any persons using the same environment exprience this memory issue. Please share you experence. Many Thanks ...

Web resources about - JException - org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL - sybase.easerver

» Deprecated elements
Joomla! Joomla! Home Recent News Announcements Blogs Magazine Support Joomla! Shop Joomla Gear Contribution About About Joomla! Core Features ...