Jaguar Method Exceptions Raised

Hi, could some help me out on this?  I have tried to setup Exceptions
Raised in Jaguar Manager.  But I got a error message .

Method Properties:
        Exceptions Raised: MyPackage::DatabaseError

Pop Window error message:
        com.sybase.CORBA.idl.SyntaxError: file:'c:\program
        Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS
        2.0\Repository\MyPackage.tmp', line 8:
        'MyPackage::DatabaseError': expected IDL type

Any help would be appreciated.

Julia

0
Julia

In order to do this you would need to define this Exception in your IDL.
You're other option would be to just you the SVU::DatabaseError.

Dave Wolf
EAServer Product Team

Julia wrote:

> Hi, could some help me out on this?  I have tried to setup Exceptions
> Raised in Jaguar Manager.  But I got a error message .
>
> Method Properties:
>         Exceptions Raised: MyPackage::DatabaseError
>
> Pop Window error message:
>         com.sybase.CORBA.idl.SyntaxError: file:'c:\program
>         Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS
>         2.0\Repository\MyPackage.tmp', line 8:
>         'MyPackage::DatabaseError': expected IDL type
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Julia

0
David
12/1/1998 12:56:21 PM
Could you describe more details about defining the
Exception in my IDL?  Thank you.

Julia

David Wolf ���g��峹 <3663E775.4465ADAC@sybase.com>...
>In order to do this you would need to define this Exception in your IDL.
>You're other option would be to just you the SVU::DatabaseError.
>
>Dave Wolf
>EAServer Product Team

0
Julia
--------------E73BD82ADFC9DF7166DDC8BD

The attached SVU.idl shows how to use and defined a User Defined Exception.

Dave Wolf
EAServer Product Team

Julia wrote:

> Could you describe more details about defining the
> Exception in my IDL?  Thank you.
>
> Julia
>
> David Wolf ���g��峹 <3663E775.4465ADAC@sybase.com>...
> >In order to do this you would need to define this Exception in your IDL.
> >You're other option would be to just you the SVU::DatabaseError.
> >
> >Dave Wolf
> >EAServer Product Team

--------------E73BD82ADFC9DF7166DDC8BD

#include <TabularResults.idl>

module SVU
{
    exception DatabaseError
    {
        string message;
    };

    interface SVULogin
    {
        boolean isLogin
        (
            in string ssn
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        boolean addLogin
        (
            in string ssn,
            in string firstname,
            in string lastname,
            in string address,
            in string city,
            in string state,
            in string zip,
            in string major
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getUserInfo
        (
            in string ssn
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);
    };

    interface SVUMetaData
    {
        TabularResults::ResultSet getMajors
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getAllCourses
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getSemesters
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getInstructors
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getCoursesByMajor
        (
            in string major
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);
    };

    interface SVUFinance
    {
        void setId
        (
            in string id
        );

        float getFee
        (
        );

        float getBalance
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getFinancialHistory
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        void setFinancialData
        (
            in string type,
            in float amount,
            in string remarks
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        boolean save
        (
        );
    };

    interface SVUBookstore
    {
        TabularResults::ResultSet getMajors
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getSemesters
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getCoursesByMajor
        (
            in string major
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getBooksByCourse
        (
            in string course
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        void addBook
        (
            in string ssn,
            in string book,
            in string semester
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);
    };

    interface SVUEnrollment
    {
        TabularResults::ResultSet getMajors
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getSemesters
        (
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getCoursesTaken
        (
            in string ssn,
            in string semester,
            in string major
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getCoursesOffered
        (
            in string semester,
            in string major
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        TabularResults::ResultSet getCoursesRemaining
        (
            in string ssn,
            in string semester,
            in string major
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);

        void addClass
        (
            in string ssn,
            in string course
        )
        raises (DatabaseError);
    };
};

--------------E73BD82ADFC9DF7166DDC8BD--

0
David
12/1/1998 2:30:31 PM
David, thank you very much for your help.

Julia

0
Julia
12/2/1998 7:52:11 AM
I am creating components written in Java and :

Does this mean that she/we will need to update the IDL overtime we deploy
the component?

Isn't there a way to get the deployment to detect the Java throws statement
in the
method definition of the class and generate a raises clause for the IDL?

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks
John Moss

Julia wrote in message <#Ynqs8bH#GA.258@forums.powersoft.com>...
>David, thank you very much for your help.
>
>Julia

0
John
7/19/1999 11:05:15 AM
Make the exception you throw subclass org.omg.CORBA.UserException.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

John Moss wrote:

> I am creating components written in Java and :
>
> Does this mean that she/we will need to update the IDL overtime we deploy
> the component?
>
> Isn't there a way to get the deployment to detect the Java throws statement
> in the
> method definition of the class and generate a raises clause for the IDL?
>
> Any ideas appreciated!
>
> Thanks
> John Moss
>
> Julia wrote in message <#Ynqs8bH#GA.258@forums.powersoft.com>...
> >David, thank you very much for your help.
> >
> >Julia

0
David

When REST Server Method raises Exception, iOS Client Application dissapears
Hi, I have downloaded the code explained in "DataSnap connectivity for iOS using Delphi XE2 and FireMonkey" (http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41729). I Have successfully compiled and executed the code. But, I have found that if the Server raises an exception when executing a REST Method, the Client application disappears, even if the remote call is in a try..except block. How can the Client iOS application handle remote exceptions? Thanks in advance, Diego Cantorna > {quote:title=diego cantorna wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I have downloaded the code ex...

Catching exceptions on pb desktops applications raised by pb Jaguar components
Does anyone know if there are any known issues for raising exceptions from Jaguar components to desktop client PB applications? I have managed to throw and trap exceptions between components, but cannot catch an exception from a desktop PB client. My exception is inherited from the Exception base object and is called n_cst_exception. I have tried the following code: ************* Jaguar Component: ************* public subroutine f_throw () throws n_cst_exception; n_cst_exception e e = CREATE n_cst_exception e.is_message = "Hello World" Throw e end subroutine *...

PB Heap Exception vs EAServer Heap Exception
What's the difference between PB Heap Exception and EAServer Heap Exception. Both are thrown from the same PB component when a large resultset is retrieved. In our case when the former is thrown we end up with a FATAL error restarting EAS. When the later is thrown the exception is handled as it should be. Env: EAServer 5.3 / PBVM 8836 / Windows 2003 Cheers, Aggelos …ÔıÌ 11 17:13:04 2008: PB Heap Manager Exception: …ÔıÌ 11 17:13:04 2008: allocVM(10584064) failed …ÔıÌ 11 17:13:04 2008: ____________________________________________________...

Jaguar-to-Jaguar
I am trying to make one Jaguar component (COMP1) to connect to another component (COMP2) through proxy (as it was a regular PB client). Connect and create instance works fine. When I try to activate a COMP2 (which is a standard component), I get the following error: SRVLIB Message: 16253/10/0: srv_thread_props(): property SRV_T_PWD not valid for service thread. THe script of activate function is as follows: String ls_com_name IF this.GetContextService ( "ErrorLogging", iel ) <> 1 THEN // Can't log a message return -1 END IF this.of_...

How do I raise an exception?
It seems that returning JS_FALSE from a JSNative c-function just results in an error. How do I raise an exception? Preferably of type Error. I've found some prior posts that seems to indicate that JS_ReportError should do this, but doesn't because of a bug. Regards, Thomas Thomas Sondergaard wrote: > It seems that returning JS_FALSE from a JSNative c-function just results > in an error. How do I raise an exception? Preferably of type Error. > > I've found some prior posts that seems to indicate that JS_ReportError > should do this, but doesn...

Exceptional Exception...
I am getting the following exception when people inside my company go to our new CSK derived site... Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested Url: /About+Us/Technical+Questions/default.aspx -------------------------------...

Easerver and Jaguar !
Hi all, Please tell me What is webserver and application server ? What is difference between webserver and application server ? Easerver is a webserver or application server ? ( I think it is application server , as it's name say's ) Jaguar is webserver or application server ? Thanks Jeni in case, both are not web server then tell me , what web server is used here Jeni I guess below are the web-servers , but which one come with EASerever ? which is the Sybase product ? Apache 1.3.19 and 2.0 iPlanet 4.1 Microsoft IIS (Internet Informa...

Why is not an exception raised here?
Why is not an exception raised here? {code} var x, y : Integer; begin try x := 0; y := 1 div x; except on EDivByZero do Something; end; end; {code} <Jose Alex Miranda> schreef in bericht news:179528@forums.codegear.com... > Why is not an exception raised here? > {code} > var > x, y : Integer; > begin > try > x := 0; > y := 1 div x; > except > on EDivByZero do Something; > end; > end; > {code} Did you turn optimization OFF? With optimization ON, the assignments will be...

is jaguar easerver?
Is Jaguar easerver? I know there is a powerdyanmo component, but essentially is jaguar ea. If you are just running Jaguar on a Solaris server (along with netscape es) and have your other studio components on a Win95, is that it? Also, if you have something on port 8080 and run the initial bin/svrstart Jaguar command, will it bomb? TIA, -- Kermit Lowry, III ---------------- "Only you can prevent forest fires!" -Smoky klowry@DELETEfhlbatl.com > Is Jaguar easerver? Part of EAServer. EAServer is Jaguar CTS (application component server) and PowerDynamo (page server)....

Jaguar Methods
Hi. I believe the Jaguar method parameters current support basic data types. Is there any plan to support any Java containers such as hashtables etc., This can make the client to consolidate the data into one container and just send it. Also, with the help of hashtables, it will be able to pass the entire result set (multi-row/multi-column) data back to Jaguar server at once, for updating to the DB server. Thanks Prabhakar Ram Prabhakar wrote: > > Hi. > > I believe the Jaguar method parameters current support basic data types. > Is there any plan to support...

An exceptional exception
I'm getting an exception in the exceptions.vb class. When an exception is caught:Catch exc As Exception 'Module failed to load ProcessModuleLoadException(Me, exc) End Tryline 103 of the exceptions.vb file:Public Sub ProcessModuleLoadException(ByVal ctrlModule As PortalModuleControl, ByVal exc As Exception) ProcessModuleLoadException("Error: " + ctrlModule.ModuleConfiguration.ModuleTitle + " is currently unavailable.", ctrlModule, exc, True) End Sub throws an error because it cannot get the moduleTitle from the "Me" (PortalModuleControl) argu...

Exception has been raised
i am having a web application, i have created installer for that application and installed it in client system there i'm getting the following error. I cant understand the exact problem. Error in Path :/QuotemBiz/Quotem_praveen/Login.aspx Error Raw Url :/QuotemBiz/Quotem_praveen/Login.aspx Server Name :PRAVEENV Error Message :Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Error Source :System.Web Error Stack Trace : at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeA...

How to raise exceptions
I use PB 6.5.1 and Oracle 7.3.4 Could someone please explain where do you declare an exception error message giving it a number < -20001. I know that you call the exception using the Raise exception error (). Do i have to first the declare exception error assigning it a number before I call it. Thanks Sruti Hello Sruti, I suppose you mean in a stocked procedure. Here is an example : create or replace procedure sp_myproc ( arg ...) is MYFIRSTEXCEPTION exception; MYSECONDEXCEPTION exception; BEGIN // do something... IF ... THEN raise MYFIRSTEXCEPTION...

Raising an exception
Hi dudes, I'd wish to know how to raise an exception in Delphi Prism. I try setting: raise Exception. but this class does not have any Create method. Thanks in advance. On 2009-03-28 09:46:43 -0400, Shinji Ikari <biarca@yahoo.com> said: > Hi dudes, > > I'd wish to know how to raise an exception in Delphi Prism. I try setting: > > raise Exception. > > but this class does not have any Create method. Thanks in advance. Hi Shinji, There is a page on the wiki comparing Delphi win32 to Prism http://prismwiki.codeg...

Web resources about - Jaguar Method Exceptions Raised - sybase.easerver

United States free speech exceptions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Exceptions to free speech in the United States are limitations on the First Amendment's guarantee of free speech and expression as recognized ...

Podcast #42 – It’s The Exception That Proves The Rule
... Language and Usage , which was frustrated by the high number of certain types of questions that were coming in. Is this podcast the exception ...

Paul Ryan - Mother's health exception to abortion is "Mack truck" sized loophole - YouTube
April 5, 2000 - During the debate on a partial-birth abortion ban, Paul Ryan says that "the [mother's] health exception is a loophole wide enough ...

Queensland the exception as Labor to preference Greens before all in Senate
Labor's national executive has ordered the party to preference the Greens ahead of all others in every state except Queensland.

Exception to Origin rule
Exception to Origin rule

Peter FitzSimons: Sydney siege met with courage, wisdom and one exception
Senator David Leyonhjelm's response to the Sydney siege was gobsmacking.

Women film directors: still the exception
Women are better represented behind the camera than ever before but recognition is slow to catch up.

Men Need to Admit That Jian Ghomeshi Is No Exception
That men like Jian Ghomeshi are a terrible exception and if we as men simply stand up and say we are not as bad as that, or that we are not rapists ...

No exception in punishing the corrupt: People's Daily
No exception in punishing the corrupt: People's Daily People's Daily Online BEIJING, June 30 People's Daily , the flagship newspaper of the ...

No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily
No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily - Ecns.cn ecns The expulsion of Ling Jihua from the Communist Party of China (CPC) ...