Jaguar Connection Cache Problem

Hey Group,

I am going through the eMusic sample application and have been trying to the
the configurations in place.  I have created the eMusic DSN and gone through
the exercise of defining the connection cache in Jaguar,  however when I try
to ping the datasource from Jaguar I get an error

Message from Jaguar
Ping of eMusic ODBC Connection Cache failed: The ping operation did not
complete successfully.  The ODBC connection call failed.  Check the Jaguar
server's log file for more details.

Message in Jaguar Server Log
Sep 29 10:56:25 1999: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002,
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified.

Jeff Black
http://www.advancedsolutionsinc.com
jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com

begin 666 Jeff Black.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..D)L86-K.SM*969F#0I&3CI*
M969F($)L86-K#0I/4D<Z061V86YC960@4V]L=71I;VYS+"!);F,N#0I4251,
M13I0<FEN8VEP86P-"DY/5$4Z0G5I;&1E<B!);G1E<FYE="!A;F0@16YT97)P
M<FES92!D871A8F%S92!B=7-I;F5S<R!S>7-T96US('5S:6YG(%-Y8F%S92!T
M96-H;F]L;V=Y#0I414P[5T]22SM63TE#13HH-C$U*2 R.3,M-S(U. T*5$5,
M.U!!1T52.U9/24-%.B@V,34I(#,Q-"TP-3(X#0I414P[5T]22SM&05@Z*#8Q
M-2D@-SDW+3DS,#<-"D%$4CM73U)+.T5.0T]$24Y'/5%53U1%1"U04DE.5$%"
M3$4Z.SLQ,C(Q($AA<F1W;V]D(%1R86EL/3!$/3!!4W5I=&4@,30Y.T)U<FYS
M.U1..S,W,#(Y.U5300T*3$%"14P[5T]22SM%3D-/1$E.1SU154]4140M4%))
M3E1!0DQ%.C$R,C$@2&%R9'=O;V0@5')A:6P],$0],$%3=6ET92 Q-#D],$0]
M,$%"=7)N<RP@5$X@,S<P,CD],$0],$%54T$-"E523#H-"E523#IH='1P.B\O
M=W=W+F%D=F%N8V5D<V]L=71I;VYS:6YC+F-O;0T*14U!24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%
M4DY%5#IJ8FQA8VM 861V86YC961S;VQU=&EO;G-I;F,N8V]M#0I2158Z,3DY
:.3 Y,CE4,34U.#4W6@T*14Y$.E9#05)$#0H`
`
end

0
Jeff

Is Jaguar running as a service?  If so, the DSN needs to be a SYSTEM DSN,
not a USER DSN.

Is your server name setting in the cache the same as the DSN name?  Is it
case-sensitively correct?

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

Jeff Black <jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com> wrote in message
> Hey Group,
>
> I am going through the eMusic sample application and have been trying to
the
> the configurations in place.  I have created the eMusic DSN and gone
through
> the exercise of defining the connection cache in Jaguar,  however when I
try
> to ping the datasource from Jaguar I get an error
>
> Message from Jaguar
> Ping of eMusic ODBC Connection Cache failed: The ping operation did not
> complete successfully.  The ODBC connection call failed.  Check the Jaguar
> server's log file for more details.
>
> Message in Jaguar Server Log
> Sep 29 10:56:25 1999: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002,
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
> driver specified.
>

> Jeff Black
> http://www.advancedsolutionsinc.com
> jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com

0
Carson
9/29/1999 4:07:21 PM
Carson,

Thanks,  I feel like a moron.  I had the case wrong.

Best,

Carson Hager[Team Sybase] wrote in message
<#UXm6SpC$GA.288@forums.sybase.com>...
>Is Jaguar running as a service?  If so, the DSN needs to be a SYSTEM DSN,
>not a USER DSN.
>
>Is your server name setting in the cache the same as the DSN name?  Is it
>case-sensitively correct?
>

>Carson

>Carson Hager
>Team Sybase
>Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
>Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
>http://www.dyn-data.com
>

>Jeff Black <jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com> wrote in message
>> Hey Group,
>>
>> I am going through the eMusic sample application and have been trying to
>the
>> the configurations in place.  I have created the eMusic DSN and gone
>through
>> the exercise of defining the connection cache in Jaguar,  however when I
>try
>> to ping the datasource from Jaguar I get an error
>>
>> Message from Jaguar
>> Ping of eMusic ODBC Connection Cache failed: The ping operation did not
>> complete successfully.  The ODBC connection call failed.  Check the
Jaguar
>> server's log file for more details.
>>
>> Message in Jaguar Server Log
>> Sep 29 10:56:25 1999: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002,
>> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default
>> driver specified.
>>

>> Jeff Black
>> http://www.advancedsolutionsinc.com
>> jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com

begin 666 Jeff Black.vcf
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:.3 Y,CE4,3<U-3 X6@T*14Y$.E9#05)$#0H`
`
end

0
Jeff
9/29/1999 5:55:09 PM
Jeff,

Whenever you define a new connection cache, try to disconnect from the Jaguar
server, connect again and ping. It should work.

Rajender

Jeff Black wrote:

> Hey Group,
>
> I am going through the eMusic sample application and have been trying to the
> the configurations in place.  I have created the eMusic DSN and gone through
> the exercise of defining the connection cache in Jaguar,  however when I try
> to ping the datasource from Jaguar I get an error
>
> Message from Jaguar
> Ping of eMusic ODBC Connection Cache failed: The ping operation did not
> complete successfully.  The ODBC connection call failed.  Check the Jaguar
> server's log file for more details.
>
> Message in Jaguar Server Log
> Sep 29 10:56:25 1999: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002,
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
> driver specified.
>
> Jeff Black
> http://www.advancedsolutionsinc.com
> jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com

0
Rajender
9/29/1999 6:42:42 PM
That's unnecessary.  All you have to do is save the cache, re-open it and
click on Refresh.  The cache, if properly configured, will be ready to go.

Rajender Sriramoju <rsriramoju@velos.com> wrote in message
> Jeff,
>
> Whenever you define a new connection cache, try to disconnect from the
Jaguar
> server, connect again and ping. It should work.
>
> Rajender
>
> Jeff Black wrote:
>
> > Hey Group,
> >
> > I am going through the eMusic sample application and have been trying to
the
> > the configurations in place.  I have created the eMusic DSN and gone
through
> > the exercise of defining the connection cache in Jaguar,  however when I
try
> > to ping the datasource from Jaguar I get an error
> >
> > Message from Jaguar
> > Ping of eMusic ODBC Connection Cache failed: The ping operation did not
> > complete successfully.  The ODBC connection call failed.  Check the
Jaguar
> > server's log file for more details.
> >
> > Message in Jaguar Server Log
> > Sep 29 10:56:25 1999: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002,
> > [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default
> > driver specified.
> >
> > Jeff Black
> > http://www.advancedsolutionsinc.com
> > jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com

0
Carson
9/29/1999 7:06:34 PM
I have never seen it not work since Jag 3 came out and I do this all the
time.  Are you closing the cache properties first then reopening them and
then clicking refresh?

> Carson,
>
> I have tried to do the same thing, but never worked for me. So, I usually
> disconnect from Jag mgr and connect again. It works. I am using Jaguar
3.0.

> Rajender
>
> "Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > That's unnecessary.  All you have to do is save the cache, re-open it
and
> > click on Refresh.  The cache, if properly configured, will be ready to
go.

> > Carson

> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> > http://www.dyn-data.com
> >
> > Rajender Sriramoju <rsriramoju@velos.com> wrote in message
> > > Jeff,
> > >
> > > Whenever you define a new connection cache, try to disconnect from the
> > Jaguar
> > > server, connect again and ping. It should work.
> > >
> > > Rajender

> > the
> > through
> > try

> > Jaguar

> > default

0
Carson
9/29/1999 7:26:02 PM
Carson,

I have tried to do the same thing, but never worked for me. So, I usually
disconnect from Jag mgr and connect again. It works. I am using Jaguar 3.0.

Rajender

"Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:

> That's unnecessary.  All you have to do is save the cache, re-open it and
> click on Refresh.  The cache, if properly configured, will be ready to go.
>
> Carson

> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
> Rajender Sriramoju <rsriramoju@velos.com> wrote in message
> > Jeff,
> >
> > Whenever you define a new connection cache, try to disconnect from the
> Jaguar
> > server, connect again and ping. It should work.
> >
> > Rajender
> >
> > Jeff Black wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Group,
> > >
> > > I am going through the eMusic sample application and have been trying to
> the
> > > the configurations in place.  I have created the eMusic DSN and gone
> through
> > > the exercise of defining the connection cache in Jaguar,  however when I
> try
> > > to ping the datasource from Jaguar I get an error
> > >
> > > Message from Jaguar
> > > Ping of eMusic ODBC Connection Cache failed: The ping operation did not
> > > complete successfully.  The ODBC connection call failed.  Check the
> Jaguar
> > > server's log file for more details.
> > >
> > > Message in Jaguar Server Log
> > > Sep 29 10:56:25 1999: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: IM002,
> > > [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
> default
> > > driver specified.
> > >
> > > Jeff Black
> > > http://www.advancedsolutionsinc.com
> > > jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com

0
Rajender
9/29/1999 7:28:20 PM
Excellent.

> Carson,
>
> Just now I have tried to create couple of connection caches and it works.
I have
> closed the cache properties and refreshed the folder and reopened.
>
> Thanks - Rajender
>
> "Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > I have never seen it not work since Jag 3 came out and I do this all the
> > time.  Are you closing the cache properties first then reopening them
and
> > then clicking refresh?
> >
> > Carson

> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> > http://www.dyn-data.com
> >
> > Rajender Sriramoju <rsriramoju@velos.com> wrote in message
> > > Carson,
> > >
> > > I have tried to do the same thing, but never worked for me. So, I
usually
> > > disconnect from Jag mgr and connect again. It works. I am using Jaguar
> > 3.0.
> > >
> > > Rajender

> > and
> > go.

> > trying to
> > when I

> > not

IM002,

0
Carson
9/29/1999 7:36:58 PM
Carson,

Just now I have tried to create couple of connection caches and it works. I have
closed the cache properties and refreshed the folder and reopened.

Thanks - Rajender

"Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:

> I have never seen it not work since Jag 3 came out and I do this all the
> time.  Are you closing the cache properties first then reopening them and
> then clicking refresh?
>
> Carson

> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
> Rajender Sriramoju <rsriramoju@velos.com> wrote in message
> > Carson,
> >
> > I have tried to do the same thing, but never worked for me. So, I usually
> > disconnect from Jag mgr and connect again. It works. I am using Jaguar
> 3.0.
> >
> > Rajender
> >
> > "Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > That's unnecessary.  All you have to do is save the cache, re-open it
> and
> > > click on Refresh.  The cache, if properly configured, will be ready to
> go.
> > >
> > > Carson

> > > Carson Hager
> > > Team Sybase
> > > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > > Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> > > http://www.dyn-data.com
> > >
> > > Rajender Sriramoju <rsriramoju@velos.com> wrote in message

> > > Jaguar

> trying to
> > > the
> > > through
> when I
> > > try

> not
> > > Jaguar

> > > default

0
Rajender

Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem
Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we have return statment in PowerDynamo script. Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally. There is no way around this unless you want to rel...

Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1
Hello all, I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used (Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it do...

connection cache problems (Jaguar)
I tried to define new connection cache for my jaguar server and i couldnt ping it. I create ODBC connection to my database and named it: Intranet, then add new connecton cache Intranet_ODBC with Intranet as a server name and correct user and password. Also entered odbc32.ddl and checked odbc connection. Then I restarted jagurar and all databases. In ODBC testing connection on Intranet is OK, but ping on connection cache in Jaguar give me result: "system couldnt find specified connection cache". In srv.log there isn't any message about above error. When I enter othe...

Some problem about informix connection cache in EAServer
Hello everybody, I have a informix7 database , and when I use odbc to connect database , the value about integer datatype column will display �u0�v . In client/Server , I can fix it by setting DB profile�G Database Profile Ssetup-->ODBC-->Transaction-->Cursors I can set it to �uCursor Library�v, and the integer column will display correct value. But now , when I using connection Cache in EAServer, Even I set this property in SQLCA, the integer column still display a wrong value . How can I fix this problem in informix7 database? Thanks a lot. Modify your pbodb70.ini o...

Jaguar 1.2 connection cache problem
Dear Newsgroup. When starting Jaguar with JVM 1.2 our DB2 connection caches (via COM/ibm/db2/jdbc/app/DB2Driver) give us the following (on ping in Manager): Ping ... failed: JCM.getCache()could not retrieve cache for user/password/server values. com.sybase.jaguar.util.Exception: The connection cache was not found. If we switch back to 1.1 everything is OK. Maybe anyone came across the same problem already? Help, please. Thanks, Victor, Does the DB2 Driver include a JDBC2 ConnectionPoolDataSource implementation? Also, did yoiu add the DB2 driver location to the BOOTCLA...

Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

Connection cache problem with EAServer 4.2.2
Hi, We are running EAServer 4.2.2 (Build 42211) on Win2k. I am getting the following message in my server log: Jun 02 18:13:06 2005: Maximum number of connections for POL cache exceeded POL is the name of the cache. As far as I understand there is only one setting controlling the pool maximum size: com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.poolsize.max That one is synonymous to com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.cachesize. That is for the pool only. Is there a setting controlling the maximum number of connections in 4.2, like com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.poolmanager.maxconnection in 5.0? If...

EAServer 6.3 Oracle Connection Cache problem
Hi there, We have a connection cache configured to an Oracle 9i database and have a limit on the number of connections. When accessing the web application via a browser, refreshing the page rapidly a few times results in a broken connection cache. The cache cannot be pinged and PowerBuilder cannot connect to the cache via SQLCA. The only way to restore the cache is either via refreshing the cache, or restarting the server. This occurs in a development environment using a development version of EAServer 6.3 for Windows. The Oracle server is also installed on the same hos...

Oracle Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

connection cache problem Connection not open
I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time. Then I will get this error. Is there a timeout or something? SQLSTATE = 08003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open also, some time i get this error: Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Open Cursor. Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Close failure. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Jaguar Memory Error: invalid prefix (40000002) for memory block (3109F9E0) (probably caused by the continued use of a freed memory block) ...

Jaguar 3.5 EBF#2 & JDBC Connection Cache problem
I was able to successfully setup an Oracle JDBC 8.1.6 (thin) connect cache in Jaguar 3.5. I'm currently attempting to reproduce that cache on a new machine with Jaguar 3.5 & EBF#2, but I've been unsuccessful. I've double checked the patch release notes and the CLASSPATH & BOOTCLASSPATH settings between the two machines. When I attempt to ping on the machine with EBF#2 I get: ping of d2db connection cached failed: JCM.getCache() could not retrieve cache for the user/password/server values supplied com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: The connection cach...

Problem with connection cache EASERVER 5.1/ASE 12.5.1
I have just migrated our application of EASERVER 4.2.4 (developer edition) towards EASERVER 5.1 (licensed advanced edition). I have two connection cache (ODBC, JDBC) with a ASE 12.5.1. it's a mixed-site PowerDynamo (ODBC) and JSP (JDBC). I have this problem which occurs in a random way (ODBC Cache) : oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: Error: An attempt was made to obtain an XA connection from cache: 'intermetiers', but 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed for this server. oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: RetrieveEX Failed, DB message below oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: Canno...

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Web resources about - Jaguar Connection Cache Problem - sybase.easerver

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...