Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem

Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject
failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD
script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to
the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on
increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn
to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we
have return statment in PowerDynamo script.

0
Hitesh

Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally.
There is no way around this unless you want to rely upon setting the timeout
property.

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

               DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
            to support its exploding EAServer business!
                       Please submit your resume to
                              hr@dyn-data.com!

"Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject
> failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD
> script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to
> the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on
> increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn
> to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we
> have return statment in PowerDynamo script.

0
Carson
8/31/2000 4:04:26 PM
Thanks for your help Carson.
Is there any way I can close all Jaguar connection to database at a certain time
without any problem and have it connect again whenever component wants to use
it?

-Hitesh

"Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" wrote:

> Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally.
> There is no way around this unless you want to rely upon setting the timeout
> property.
>
> Carson

> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
>                DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
>             to support its exploding EAServer business!
>                        Please submit your resume to
>                               hr@dyn-data.com!
>
> "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject
> > failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD
> > script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to
> > the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on
> > increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn
> > to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we
> > have return statment in PowerDynamo script.

0
Hitesh
8/31/2000 5:44:02 PM
I think refreshing the cache would accomplish that.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" <chager@dyn-data.com> wrote in message
> Let me make sure I'm following you.  You want to get a handle to each
> database connection and close them all?
>

> Carson

> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
>                DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
>             to support its exploding EAServer business!
>                        Please submit your resume to
>                               hr@dyn-data.com!
>

> "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your help Carson.
> > Is there any way I can close all Jaguar connection to database at a
> certain time
> > without any problem and have it connect again whenever component wants
> use
> > it?
> >
> > -Hitesh
> >

> > "Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally.
> > > There is no way around this unless you want to rely upon setting the
> timeout
> > > property.
> > >
> > > Carson
> > >
> > > ___________________________________________________________
> > >
> > > Carson Hager
> > > Team Sybase
> > > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > > Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
> > > http://www.dyn-data.com
> > >
> > >                DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> > >             to support its exploding EAServer business!
> > >                        Please submit your resume to
> > >                               hr@dyn-data.com!
> > >
> > > "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
setdwobject
> we

0
Dave
9/1/2000 11:01:20 PM
Let me make sure I'm following you.  You want to get a handle to each
database connection and close them all?

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

               DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
            to support its exploding EAServer business!
                       Please submit your resume to
                              hr@dyn-data.com!

"Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your help Carson.
> Is there any way I can close all Jaguar connection to database at a
certain time
> without any problem and have it connect again whenever component wants to
use
> it?
>
> -Hitesh
>

> "Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally.
> > There is no way around this unless you want to rely upon setting the
timeout
> > property.
> >
> > Carson

> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
> > http://www.dyn-data.com
> >
> >                DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> >             to support its exploding EAServer business!
> >                        Please submit your resume to
> >                               hr@dyn-data.com!
> >
> > "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > > Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject
> > > failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD
> > > script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting
> > > the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on
> > > increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn
> > > to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails,
we
> > > have return statment in PowerDynamo script.

0
Carson
9/1/2000 11:10:54 PM
Sorry for the confusion. What I want is to close all connection at a particular
time say at night. I want Jaguar to connect again when any client connects.

-Hitesh

"Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" wrote:

> Let me make sure I'm following you.  You want to get a handle to each
> database connection and close them all?
>
> Carson

> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
>                DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
>             to support its exploding EAServer business!
>                        Please submit your resume to
>                               hr@dyn-data.com!
>
> "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your help Carson.
> > Is there any way I can close all Jaguar connection to database at a
> certain time
> > without any problem and have it connect again whenever component wants to
> use
> > it?
> >
> > -Hitesh
> >

> > "Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally.
> > > There is no way around this unless you want to rely upon setting the
> timeout
> > > property.
> > >
> > > Carson
> > >
> > > ___________________________________________________________
> > >
> > > Carson Hager
> > > Team Sybase
> > > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > > Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
> > > http://www.dyn-data.com
> > >
> > >                DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> > >             to support its exploding EAServer business!
> > >                        Please submit your resume to
> > >                               hr@dyn-data.com!
> > >
> > > "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> we

0
Hitesh
9/5/2000 12:00:42 PM
Assssuming they are not being used, calling refresh on the connection cache
will do the trick.  You will need to use the Jag API to do this.

> Sorry for the confusion. What I want is to close all connection at a
particular
> time say at night. I want Jaguar to connect again when any client
connects.

> -Hitesh
>

> "Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > Let me make sure I'm following you.  You want to get a handle to each
> > database connection and close them all?
> >
> > Carson

> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
> > http://www.dyn-data.com
> >
> >                DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> >             to support its exploding EAServer business!
> >                        Please submit your resume to
> >                               hr@dyn-data.com!
> >
> > "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for your help Carson.
> > > Is there any way I can close all Jaguar connection to database at a
> > certain time
> > > without any problem and have it connect again whenever component wants
> > use
> > > it?
> > >
> > > -Hitesh

internally.
> > timeout

setdwobject
PD
> > we

0
Carson
9/5/2000 2:29:34 PM
Hitesh,
I had a similar problem but this was with the shipped PB HTML Datawindow
component. If this is what you are using then, here's the thing, if you
don't call generate() because the preceding methods fail, then since
genarate calls the set complete() method to deactivate the component which
in turn releases the database connection to the cache and ends the session
on the database, you may want to call the SetAbort() method in ur failed
method on error to deactivate the component and thus release the connection.
Abha Thakur
Hitesh Patel <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for the confusion. What I want is to close all connection at a
particular
> time say at night. I want Jaguar to connect again when any client
connects.

> -Hitesh
>

> "Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > Let me make sure I'm following you.  You want to get a handle to each
> > database connection and close them all?
> >
> > Carson

> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
> > http://www.dyn-data.com
> >
> >                DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> >             to support its exploding EAServer business!
> >                        Please submit your resume to
> >                               hr@dyn-data.com!
> >
> > "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for your help Carson.
> > > Is there any way I can close all Jaguar connection to database at a
> > certain time
> > > without any problem and have it connect again whenever component wants
> > use
> > > it?
> > >
> > > -Hitesh

internally.
> > timeout

setdwobject
PD
> > we

0
Abha
9/7/2000 4:50:48 AM
I set the timeout property  and it works now.
-Hitesh

Abha Thakur wrote:

> Hitesh,
> I had a similar problem but this was with the shipped PB HTML Datawindow
> component. If this is what you are using then, here's the thing, if you
> don't call generate() because the preceding methods fail, then since
> genarate calls the set complete() method to deactivate the component which
> in turn releases the database connection to the cache and ends the session
> on the database, you may want to call the SetAbort() method in ur failed
> method on error to deactivate the component and thus release the connection.
> Abha Thakur
> Hitesh Patel <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry for the confusion. What I want is to close all connection at a
> particular
> > time say at night. I want Jaguar to connect again when any client
> connects.
> >
> > -Hitesh
> >

> > "Carson Hager [Team Sybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > Let me make sure I'm following you.  You want to get a handle to each
> > > database connection and close them all?
> > >
> > > Carson
> > >
> > > ___________________________________________________________
> > >
> > > Carson Hager
> > > Team Sybase
> > > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > > Enterprise Application Studio 3.5 Consulting and Training
> > > http://www.dyn-data.com
> > >
> > >                DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> > >             to support its exploding EAServer business!
> > >                        Please submit your resume to
> > >                               hr@dyn-data.com!
> > >
> > > "Hitesh Patel" <hpatel@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> > > certain time
> > > use

> internally.
> > > timeout

> setdwobject
> PD
> connecting
> turn
> fails,
> > > we

0
Hitesh

Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1
Hello all, I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used (Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it do...

connection cache problem Connection not open
I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time. Then I will get this error. Is there a timeout or something? SQLSTATE = 08003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open also, some time i get this error: Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Open Cursor. Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Close failure. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Jaguar Memory Error: invalid prefix (40000002) for memory block (3109F9E0) (probably caused by the continued use of a freed memory block) ...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

I need to connect PowerSite with Connection Cache to Jaguar
I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connection cache in Jaguar with Sybase native driver (libjct.dll), this connection cache pings in the server with no problem. When i making my page in PowerSite and i want to connect the datawindow to an connection cache, just appears ODBC drivers to connect to the database, but i want to know if exists a form to connect the datawindow in PowerSite with connection cache or Native Driver. Thank u Fabr�cio Streppel Francisco Freitas Develop Informatica - Suporte wrote: > I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connectio...

active connection in connection cache keep on increasing
I noticed that the active connection count for my connection cache keep on increasing during execution time, and it didn't reduce after all the processes completed. How can I resolve this issue? Are you issuing a DISCONECT call in your object? Andr�. Lee Sung Shing wrote: > I noticed that the active connection count for my connection cache keep on > increasing during execution time, and it didn't reduce after all the > processes completed. How can I resolve this issue? Yes, every time my object gets deactivated. The object have auto-demarcation option c...

connection cache problems (Jaguar)
I tried to define new connection cache for my jaguar server and i couldnt ping it. I create ODBC connection to my database and named it: Intranet, then add new connecton cache Intranet_ODBC with Intranet as a server name and correct user and password. Also entered odbc32.ddl and checked odbc connection. Then I restarted jagurar and all databases. In ODBC testing connection on Intranet is OK, but ping on connection cache in Jaguar give me result: "system couldnt find specified connection cache". In srv.log there isn't any message about above error. When I enter othe...

Jaguar Connection Cache Problem
Hey Group, I am going through the eMusic sample application and have been trying to the the configurations in place. I have created the eMusic DSN and gone through the exercise of defining the connection cache in Jaguar, however when I try to ping the datasource from Jaguar I get an error Message from Jaguar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ping of eMusic ODBC Connection Cache failed: The ping operation did not complete successfully. The ODBC connection call failed. Check the Jaguar server's log file for more details. Message in J...

Problem with JDBC-Connection without using a connection-cache
Hello everybody! I want to establish a JDBC-connection from a PowerBuilder Component to a "Oracle" (I�m sorry, but I have to) Database, without using a connection cache. When i try to connect to the database in the PowerBuilder-Component I get the following error-message: User '****' could not be connected to the database '*****'! ErrorCode=999; ErrorText=Non SQL Error : InvocationTargetException: On getCache. The connection cache was not found. My PowerBuilder-Code is: SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS - Sun JavaVM" SQLCA.LogPass = "******" SQLC...

Jaguar Connection Cache: JagConn: Connection already closed?
Hello all, when choosing in Jaguar Manager the Runtime Monitoring section "Conncetion Cache", I get the following result: testCache Monitoring Value Connections Active -6.0 Connections Opened 4.0 Connections Closed 9.0 Waited Connection Requests 0.0 No Wait Connection Requests 40.0 Forced Conncetion Requests 0.0 Total Conncetion Requests 40.0 Last Maximum Connection Caches Active 0.0 Peak maximum Connection Caches Active 2.0 Can someone please tell me ...

Negative Value for Connections Active in Monitoring Connection Caches
I just found the oddest thing. I had an error with a component. When I looked in the Jaguar log I found a message saying something line 'connection not open' relating to one of my connection caches. When I looked at that connection cache under runtime monitoring I found that the active value was -2. This is probably related to another issue where I was getting DB connection problems between components. I was testing the cause out by making two of the components non-pooled. I thought this might force the transaction to commit when my code was obviously missing something s...

How to connect a Jaguar connection cache from a C/C++ CORBA component
Hi.. All I am using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 (#36108) running on MS Windows 2000 Professional. I also installed Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise PC Client to connect a remote ASE 12.0 database... I have successfully created a connection cache to the database (Connection cache ping OK)... However, i am in trouble making a C/C++ CORBA component to use this conn cache... I added jagCMGetConnection API to get a connection from available cache as following * ------------------------------------------------------*/ retcode = JagCmGetConnection (&cache, (unsigned char *)"us...

Some problem about informix connection cache in EAServer
Hello everybody, I have a informix7 database , and when I use odbc to connect database , the value about integer datatype column will display �u0�v . In client/Server , I can fix it by setting DB profile�G Database Profile Ssetup-->ODBC-->Transaction-->Cursors I can set it to �uCursor Library�v, and the integer column will display correct value. But now , when I using connection Cache in EAServer, Even I set this property in SQLCA, the integer column still display a wrong value . How can I fix this problem in informix7 database? Thanks a lot. Modify your pbodb70.ini o...

not connected when I am connected

Who can give me a simple example on Jaguar component connect to a connection cache?
My script is: SQLCA.DBMS="SYJ" SQLCA.DBPARM="CacheName='Test',UseContextObject='yes'" CONNECT USING SQLCA; If SQLCA.SQLCode<>0 Then ErrorLogging errlog this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging",errlog) errlog.log("Error Code:"+string(SQLCA.SQLCode)+" ; "+SQLCA.SQLErrText) is_info=SQLCA.SQLErrText End If ids_emp=Create DataStore ids_emp.DataObject="d_emp" ids_emp.SetTransObject(SQLCA) But the srv.log report: Jul 25 09:30:11 2001: Error Code:-1 ; Error: Failed to get a valid Database Connecti...

Web resources about - Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem - sybase.easerver

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...