IDL sequence, java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi!

This is what I'm doing:

In a Java Applet I read a textfile into a Sting[]. Then I send the
Sting[] to my component. In my IDL file I have typedefed a sequence of
strings (typedef sequence < string > StringArray). This is an unbounded
sequence because I don't know how many strings there will be.

This works fine until the texfiles I read is over 15.000 rows (one
row->one string in the sequence) or the file is larger than 930k. Then I
get a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError on the clientside(in my other question
to the newsgroup the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError occurred on the
serverside.)

Is there some limit to IDL sequences???

/Alexander Bj�rneheim

0
Alexander

> Hi!
>
> This is what I'm doing:
>
> In a Java Applet I read a textfile into a Sting[].

Read a text file from an applet?  I assume this is a signed applet.

> Then I send the
> Sting[] to my component. In my IDL file I have typedefed a sequence of
> strings (typedef sequence < string > StringArray). This is an unbounded
> sequence because I don't know how many strings there will be.

And EAServer only supports unbounded arrays in this release

> This works fine until the texfiles I read is over 15.000 rows (one
> row->one string in the sequence) or the file is larger than 930k. Then I
> get a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError on the clientside(in my other question
> to the newsgroup the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError occurred on the
> serverside.)

Have you tried some runtime profiling systems to determine if you are memory
leaking?  There is a nice one at http://www.optimizeit.com/

> Is there some limit to IDL sequences???

I'm just curous that this is happening on the client side.  How much free
memory is there on the machine?

> /Alexander Bj�rneheim

0
David
12/1/1998 1:01:35 PM
Check if the JVM you are using on the client has a maximum
Java heap size. You are limited by available Java heap memory.

David Wolf wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > This is what I'm doing:
> >
> > In a Java Applet I read a textfile into a Sting[].
>
> Read a text file from an applet?  I assume this is a signed applet.
>
> > Then I send the
> > Sting[] to my component. In my IDL file I have typedefed a sequence of
> > strings (typedef sequence < string > StringArray). This is an unbounded
> > sequence because I don't know how many strings there will be.
>
> And EAServer only supports unbounded arrays in this release
>

> > This works fine until the texfiles I read is over 15.000 rows (one
> > row->one string in the sequence) or the file is larger than 930k. Then I
> > get a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError on the clientside(in my other question
> > to the newsgroup the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError occurred on the
> > serverside.)
>
> Have you tried some runtime profiling systems to determine if you are memory
> leaking?  There is a nice one at http://www.optimizeit.com/
>

> > Is there some limit to IDL sequences???
> >

> I'm just curous that this is happening on the client side.  How much free
> memory is there on the machine?
>

> > /Alexander Bj�rneheim

0
Evan
12/1/1998 5:27:58 PM
The client is a signed Applet running in Netscape 4.5 on NT4 with 64MB of memory.
The physical memory shouldn't be the problem. And the JVMs memory have I checked
with java.lang.freeMemory() and java.lang.totalMemory() before and after the
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, and it seems ok.
So this really confuses me.

I'll check with http://www.optimizeit.com/
any other suggestions??

/Alexander Bj�rneheim
a.bjorneheim@upright.se

Evan Ireland wrote:

> Check if the JVM you are using on the client has a maximum
> Java heap size. You are limited by available Java heap memory.
>
> David Wolf wrote:
>
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > This is what I'm doing:
> > >
> > > In a Java Applet I read a textfile into a Sting[].
> >
> > Read a text file from an applet?  I assume this is a signed applet.
> >
> > > Then I send the
> > > Sting[] to my component. In my IDL file I have typedefed a sequence of
> > > strings (typedef sequence < string > StringArray). This is an unbounded
> > > sequence because I don't know how many strings there will be.
> >
> > And EAServer only supports unbounded arrays in this release
> >

> > > This works fine until the texfiles I read is over 15.000 rows (one
> > > row->one string in the sequence) or the file is larger than 930k. Then I
> > > get a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError on the clientside(in my other question
> > > to the newsgroup the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError occurred on the
> > > serverside.)
> >
> > Have you tried some runtime profiling systems to determine if you are memory
> > leaking?  There is a nice one at http://www.optimizeit.com/
> >

> > > Is there some limit to IDL sequences???
> > >

> > I'm just curous that this is happening on the client side.  How much free
> > memory is there on the machine?
> >

> > > /Alexander Bj�rneheim

0
Alexander
12/1/1998 6:54:07 PM
Here is what I get in the Netscape Java Console:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
  at com.sybase.CORBA.iiop.OutputStream.write(Compiled Code)
  at com.sybase.CORBA.iiop.OutputStream.write_octet_array(Compiled Code)
  at com.sybase.CORBA.iiop.OutputStream.write_string(Compiled Code)
  at PCS_tools.StringVectorHelper.write(Compiled Code)
  at PCS_tools._st__1317Jaguar.Parse(Compiled Code)
  at PCS_tools._1317_PCSMainForm.Send1317File(Compiled Code)
  at PCS_tools._1317_PCSMainForm.cb_DisplaySubSystem_actionPerformed(Compiled Code)
  at PCS_tools._1317_PCSMainForm.actionPerformed(Compiled Code)
  at java.awt.Button.processActionEvent(Compiled Code)
  at java.awt.Button.processEvent(Compiled Code)
  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)
* at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled Code)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)
  at netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)

Any clues?

Alexander Bj�rneheim wrote:

> The client is a signed Applet running in Netscape 4.5 on NT4 with 64MB of memory.
> The physical memory shouldn't be the problem. And the JVMs memory have I checked
> with java.lang.freeMemory() and java.lang.totalMemory() before and after the
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, and it seems ok.
> So this really confuses me.
>
> I'll check with http://www.optimizeit.com/
> any other suggestions??
>
> /Alexander Bj�rneheim
> a.bjorneheim@upright.se
>
> Evan Ireland wrote:
>
> > Check if the JVM you are using on the client has a maximum
> > Java heap size. You are limited by available Java heap memory.

> > > Read a text file from an applet?  I assume this is a signed applet.

> > > And EAServer only supports unbounded arrays in this release

> > > Have you tried some runtime profiling systems to determine if you are memory
> > > leaking?  There is a nice one at http://www.optimizeit.com/

> > > I'm just curous that this is happening on the client side.  How much free
> > > memory is there on the machine?

0
Alexander

User App -java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
We running SLE 10 SP1, eDir 8.8.2, IdM 3.5.1 and User App 3.5.1. Server has 4GB of physical memory. User App is used only for forgot password application and we expect 20 to 50 uses a day on forgot password service. We re-start user app 5 days a week, still we are seeing..the following error in User Application logs: additional logs are attached. Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space To fix the above issue either we need to restart the server or kill Jboss and then restart it. Is anyone seeing this issue ? or any solutions recommend greatly appreciated. ...

java.lang.outofmemoryerror
Hi all - I've just put auditing in place and am having problems running reports. I'm running this on a Netware 6.5sp6 box with Mysql 5 and Audit 2.02. Getting the java.lang.outofmemoryerror when I try to run queries. Very small queries work but anything that has to search through very much data fails. The server is an HP DL360 G5 with 8 gb memory. Here are the JVM heap sizes: Reserved: 335544320 Comitted: 288292864 Memory Used: 96409128 In TID 10070512 it says that you only have about 400 mg to allocate to a java process. I'm not sure I'm understanding it co...

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hello, I'm getting the foolowing errors on my IDM 3.01: 17:58:32 84399BB0 Drvrs: union ST: DirXML Log Event ------------------- Driver: METADIRPelephoneServicesDirXMLUnixDrvrSet1union Channel: Subscriber Status: Error Message: Code(-9010) An exception occurred: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError at com.novell.xml.parser.SAXParserImpl.constructParser(SAXParserImpl.java:388) at com.novell.xml.parser.SAXParserImpl.<init>(SAXParserImpl.java:363) at com.novell.xml.parser.XMLParserFactory.newParser(XMLParserFactory.java:25) at com.novell.n...

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
We have a J2EE application running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server using EAServer 4.1.1 (session and entity beans) and MS SQL Server 2000. During load testing we are experiencing a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in the jaguar log about 5 hours into an endurance run. The load is reasonable, ~50 concurrent users executing 2 different scripts focusing on the core of the application. The only tuning done in EAServer was to increase the number of instances of entity (~500) and session (~20) beans. No tuning to the JVM min./max. heap sizes or garbage collection. The server is not ru...

Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
I have a NetWare 6 server with SP5. ON this server, I have ZFD 4.0.1 with IR6 and ZFS 3.0.2 with IR3A. The server has 1GB of memory. What happens is on first boot, the server has about 50% cache buffers. Over time, the cache buffer percentage decreases to about 20% and I get the Java error and the ZFS alarms stop processing. Here is the full error. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.peek(Native Method) at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java, Compiled Code) at Snmp2.SnmpSession.receiver(SnmpSession.java, Compiled Code) at S...

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hi all ? I am using Mozilla Tranlator 5.02 When I saving Glossary it shows "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" in the console. How can I fix it ? thx Natsagdorj Shagdar wrote: > Hi all ? > > I am using Mozilla Tranlator 5.02 > When I saving Glossary it shows "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" in the > console. > > How can I fix it ? > I have only an advice and workaround for you. :/ Keep only nessesary files in MT... If you are translating M1.6, first load M1.5, setup M1.6, import from M1.6 and delete M1.5. Whenever I'm t...

500 Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
GW 6.5 - Cannot get the webmail page to display. Get the 500 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError Java.lang.Exception. I reinstalled the web access client and I'm still getting the same error. -- crichet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ So this is a JAVA on the server error message - all GroupWise WebAccess uses Tomcat Java Servlets to generate the web interface that you are used to seeing. The error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError is fairly self explanatory and would incline me to ask how much RAM does the server have, what are the stats...

iManager java.lang.OutofMemoryError
Hi, Learning that the iManager that I have installed in a SUselinux 10SP1 producton server will down once in a while, and produce java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. I'm just wondering how can I further fine tune the tomcat? Where should I add in the line such as -Xms128m and -Xmx396m as for the tomcat? Rgds, Stan java.lang.OutOfMemoryError ---------------------------------------------------- xxxx ApplicationDispatcher[/nps] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception javax.servlet.ServletException at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:2...

Problem getting connection from DataSource: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String
When trying to get a connection from a DataSource I get the following exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String I just upgraded to Jaguar/PowerJ 3.61 in the hopes to resolve this problem that I was having on 3.6, but it did not. I am running Jaguar on Sun Solaris. I created an EJB SessionBean and set up the DataSource in the "J2EE Resource References" in the Deploy tab of the EJB component. This exception goes away if I go into Jaguar Manager and define/re-setup the same DataSource with the same info there, then re-start Jaguar server. However,...

Backup Exec: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hi I have NW6.5SP8 running BE9.2 and have started getting this error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks very much. -- rjfraser ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rjfraser;1981491 Wrote: > Hi > I have NW6.5SP8 running BE9.2 and have started getting this error: > java.lang.OutOfMemoryError > Any ideas how to fix this? > Thanks very much. Mught be useful to know what Java app was generating this error? 'TID 10070512' (http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/Solutions/10070512.htm...

Java Exception : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/Clob
Hi, Does anybody know what this message means ? Java Exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError java/sql/Clob I get that error message when running this code: SELECTBLOB dw_datawindow_syntax.datawindow_syntax INTO lblb_syntax FROM dw_datawindow_syntax WHERE dw_datawindow_syntax.datawindow_id = al_criteria_datawindow_id USING atr_transobject ; The code is not in a component, it's in an object used by a component in Jaguar. Our application is running against an Oracle Database (8.1.6) using JDBC. We're thinking it's some DLL or class file we're missing, any ide...

java.lang.OutofMemoryError (for JMS Send() method)
Steps I am following in my Code 1. I have written a MessageDrivenBean, which picks up the JMS message from subscriber queue. 2. I extract the text from that message and store it in a "String" variable. (Using .getText() method of TextMessage class) 3. I do the string manipulation as per my requirement of the project. 4. I set this new String in TextMessage using .setText() method. 5. After this I am using Send() method of JMS API to put this message in to other queue. Problem --> My code works fine till creating the new TextMessage, but while calling the...

Java java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
I am writing a custom dirxml driver and I cannot figure out why one of my Java classes isn't being located. I have a .jar located in /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/dirxml/classes which contains several packages. The shim package is com.dti.cc.nds.dirxml.driver.app and it contains the classes DriverShim, PublicationShim, and SubscriptionShim. I have a project in Designer wich has a driver pointing to com.dti.cc.nds.drixml.driver.app.DriverShim. The driver and both the subscriber and publisher shims all startup fine but where I run into a problem is in the execute() method of the ...

iManager 2.6: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hello, every day i have Problems with iManager 2.6 hanging. The problems seams to be "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError". I had the same problem with 2.5 also. A lot of Subadmins use this iManager-Server for Printer- and User-Administration. so there may be heavy traffic sometimes. I have NW65SP5 (with NW65OS5A and N65NSS5A) and 4 GB RAM on a HP DL380. I have put down the NSS Cache Balance Percent = 50 (from 85%), but thats no help. I also added -Xms256m -Xmx512m in tomcat4.ncf. Any idea? Regards Michael Wadenpohl --- Stadtverwaltung Duesseldorf michael.wadenpohl, &...

Web resources about - IDL sequence, java.lang.OutOfMemoryError - sybase.easerver

Memory Analysis for Android Applications
[This post is by Patrick Dubroy, an Android engineer who writes about programming, usability, and interaction on his personal blog . — Tim Bray] ...

Binary Planting Goes "Any File Type"
File Planting: A Sample From Our Security Research It's been almost a year since we revealed our Binary Planting research project which identified ...

Top rookie Android developer mistakes
... bitmaps/images Bitmaps and images can, and do, use significant memory resources. Most rookie Android developers run into the dreaded OutOfMemoryError ...

Object Finalization and Cleanup
Article describing how to manage the end of a Java object's life.

SDK for Android M (preview) is available now
Android-er For Android development, from beginner to beginner. Thursday, May 28, 2015 SDK for Android M (preview) is available now Android SDK ...

CVE-2014-6332: Life is all Rainbows and Unicorns
Though just patched earlier this month, the CVE-2014-6332 vulnerability shares it's age with Yahoo, Neopets, and the hit TV show, Friends. This ...

Announcing Cascading on Flink
See also the related announcement at the Cascading blog . Today we are thrilled to announce the first availability of Cascading on Flink, a ...

FAQ: Allocate More Memory
... If you are working with large data sets, you'll probably want to allow OpenRefine to allocate more memory than the default. If you get OutOfMemoryError ...

Google Answers: The origin of checked exceptions
The Java programming language introduces the concept of /checkedexceptions/. Checked exceptions must be handled in a method or themethod must ...

Issue 1543 - android-developer-preview - OutOfMemoryError when using shared elements transition - A ...
... timesexpected output: no crashactual result: crashes after repeating the steps a couple of time (between 10 to 20 times)stack: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError ...