I need to connect PowerSite with Connection Cache to Jaguar

    I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connection cache in
Jaguar with Sybase native driver (libjct.dll), this connection cache
pings in the server with no problem. When i making my page in PowerSite
and i want to connect the datawindow to an connection cache, just
appears ODBC drivers to connect to the database, but i want to know if
exists a form to connect the datawindow in PowerSite with connection
cache or Native Driver.

Thank u

Fabr�cio Streppel
Francisco Freitas

0
Develop

Develop Informatica - Suporte wrote:

>     I want to connect my HTML/Datawindow to an connection cache in
> Jaguar with Sybase native driver (libjct.dll), this connection cache
> pings in the server with no problem. When i making my page in PowerSite
> and i want to connect the datawindow to an connection cache, just
> appears ODBC drivers to connect to the database, but i want to know if
> exists a form to connect the datawindow in PowerSite with connection
> cache or Native Driver.
>
> Thank u
>
> Fabr�cio Streppel
> Francisco Freitas

You can use the native drivers, but PowerSite's DTC doesn't support them.
Take a look at online help for PSConnectionParms, basically each of the
arguments maps to a PowerBuilder transaction object argument.  You'll
probably want to select 'Generate Static Output' when building your page,
because if you modify the script explicitly and then make other changes via
the DTC, you may overwrite your edits.  I believe that the Catalina release
is going to have some enhancements in the area of connection profiles that
will no longer limit you to ODBC.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support

0
Jim

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem
Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we have return statment in PowerDynamo script. Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally. There is no way around this unless you want to rel...

Jaguar Connection Cache: JagConn: Connection already closed?
Hello all, when choosing in Jaguar Manager the Runtime Monitoring section "Conncetion Cache", I get the following result: testCache Monitoring Value Connections Active -6.0 Connections Opened 4.0 Connections Closed 9.0 Waited Connection Requests 0.0 No Wait Connection Requests 40.0 Forced Conncetion Requests 0.0 Total Conncetion Requests 40.0 Last Maximum Connection Caches Active 0.0 Peak maximum Connection Caches Active 2.0 Can someone please tell me ...

not connected when I am connected

How to connect a Jaguar connection cache from a C/C++ CORBA component
Hi.. All I am using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 (#36108) running on MS Windows 2000 Professional. I also installed Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise PC Client to connect a remote ASE 12.0 database... I have successfully created a connection cache to the database (Connection cache ping OK)... However, i am in trouble making a C/C++ CORBA component to use this conn cache... I added jagCMGetConnection API to get a connection from available cache as following * ------------------------------------------------------*/ retcode = JagCmGetConnection (&cache, (unsigned char *)"us...

Who can give me a simple example on Jaguar component connect to a connection cache?
My script is: SQLCA.DBMS="SYJ" SQLCA.DBPARM="CacheName='Test',UseContextObject='yes'" CONNECT USING SQLCA; If SQLCA.SQLCode<>0 Then ErrorLogging errlog this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging",errlog) errlog.log("Error Code:"+string(SQLCA.SQLCode)+" ; "+SQLCA.SQLErrText) is_info=SQLCA.SQLErrText End If ids_emp=Create DataStore ids_emp.DataObject="d_emp" ids_emp.SetTransObject(SQLCA) But the srv.log report: Jul 25 09:30:11 2001: Error Code:-1 ; Error: Failed to get a valid Database Connecti...

how to use connection caches in Jaguar from PowerSite/PowerDynamo
I uses HTMLDataWindow in PowerSite. Jaguar is used as the component server. I have defined connections in PowerDynamo and equal connection caches in Jaguar and I want to use them without applying user and passoword. dwLocal = java.CreateComponent("DataWindow/HTMLGenerator",psSession.GetValue("jaguarco nn"),psSession.GetValue("jaguaruser"),psSession.GetValue("jaguarpasswd")); dwLocal.SetDWObject("tg.pbl","dw_objektpres"); dwLocal.SetBrowser(document.GetServerVariable("HTTP_USER_AGENT")); dwLocal.SetH...

Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1
Hello all, I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used (Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it do...

Jaguar CTS 3.0 Prob connecting to oracle via connection cache
Oracle 7.3 Instance TLO1 Alias TLO1 Connection Cache settings Cache Name oracle_tlo1 Description TLO1 - Temp Live Oracle Enable cache by name access No Enable connection sanity check Yes No of connections in cache 10 Service Name <nothing> Database Connection Server TLO1 User com Password xxx Driver ociw32.dll OCI 7.x When I ping the connection it fails with.. Ping of oracle_tlo1 OCI_7 Con...

Get Connection from connection Cache ???
Hi there, I have created a DataSource in my EJb context, but when I'm performing a lookup a com.sybase.ejb.NamingContext is returned instead of a DataSource object, which means I'm unable to typecast it into a DataSource and perform the getConnection invocation. Code: java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties(); props.put(javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sybase.ejb.InitialContextFactory"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://avenir_kpp:9000"); props.put(javax.naming.Context.SECURI...

connecting to wrong connection cache
Hi , every so often our PB objects end up connecting to the wrong connection cache ? we connect in the activate event , and dissconnect in the deactivate event. this is our dbparm : Disablebind=0,UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='pm1step_test',GetConnectionO ption= 'JAG_CM_FORCE' ReleaseConnectionOption='JAG_CM_UNUSED' what else wound be causing this to happen ? any common problems ? using easerver 4.2 thanks for anyadvice Matt Hi, Matt, What do you mean, "wrong connection cache?" Does it connect to a cache with a name othe...

Connection Cache
Hi, I wonder if there's a way to detect the timestamp of the creation of the database connection from a connection pool ? The reason why I ask this strange question is, that I want to destroy all connections from the cache that were established before a certain timestamp. Thomas It's not clear to me as to why you would want to do that. There are a number of parameters you can set to control connection cache size, if you are simply concerned about the number of open connections. If the amount of time that a connection remains idle is a concern, you can set a time...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

jdbc connection cache vs client library connection cache
I see options for Client Library to encrypt data by passing the information to the DBMS. But I don't see similar options for JDBC. Are the Sybase 11.0 encryption options only available through the Client Library driver? TIA, Tim The encryption you see of OpenClient is only to encrypt the password. The rest of the stream is i the clear. jConnect can go inside of SSL but you need to tunell, and detunnel etc etc. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Tim Nesham <tim.nesham@born.com> wrote in message news:38ac2dbf@news.qgraph.com... > I see options f...

Web resources about - I need to connect PowerSite with Connection Cache to Jaguar - sybase.easerver

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...