HTML DW -- how to do "itemchanged"

What is the best way to get the effect of the itemchanged event in an
HTML datawindow deployed from within PowerDynamo?  We have two
dropdowns, and when the user chooses a value in the first dropdown, we
want to filter the second dropdown immediately based on the value in the
first dropdown.
0
ccollins

Use client-side scripting and have that trigger a page refresh by linking
that page to itself.  You can pass in an argument that indicates the user
selected a value and then act on that in your server script (ie. filtering
the second dddw).

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc

JumpStart J2EE **** FREE Technology Seminar
http://demo.ctpartners.com:8080/EAServer/jsj2eeoverview.jsp

Now Available: The Web DataWindow eBook

Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371

<ccollins@bju.edu> wrote in message news:3A9C2FE5.E85CBA0A@bju.edu...
> What is the best way to get the effect of the itemchanged event in an
> HTML datawindow deployed from within PowerDynamo?  We have two
> dropdowns, and when the user chooses a value in the first dropdown, we
> want to filter the second dropdown immediately based on the value in the
> first dropdown.

0
Larry
2/28/2001 4:52:32 AM
Another option:
e.g. First dropdown is States and second is cities:
In the second dropdown we display State-City instead of city alone and before
saving we make sure the state selected in first dropdown is there in second
dropdown.

-Hitesh

"Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]" wrote:

> Use client-side scripting and have that trigger a page refresh by linking
> that page to itself.  You can pass in an argument that indicates the user
> selected a value and then act on that in your server script (ie. filtering
> the second dddw).
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc
> EAServer Consulting and Training
>
> JumpStart J2EE **** FREE Technology Seminar
> http://demo.ctpartners.com:8080/EAServer/jsj2eeoverview.jsp
>
> Now Available: The Web DataWindow eBook
>
> Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371
>
> <ccollins@bju.edu> wrote in message news:3A9C2FE5.E85CBA0A@bju.edu...
> > What is the best way to get the effect of the itemchanged event in an
> > HTML datawindow deployed from within PowerDynamo?  We have two
> > dropdowns, and when the user chooses a value in the first dropdown, we
> > want to filter the second dropdown immediately based on the value in the
> > first dropdown.

0
Hitesh
2/28/2001 1:45:59 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but where does the client-side script go, and how
do I get it in place?  I've got PowerDynamo scripts and templates
(pages), and HTML Datawindows.  It seems to me that the code we're
talking about would need to be in the HTML coming from the Datawindow,
and it would call a function that I would define in the PowerDynamo
scripts.

"Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]" wrote:

> Use client-side scripting and have that trigger a page refresh by linking
> that page to itself.  You can pass in an argument that indicates the user
> selected a value and then act on that in your server script (ie. filtering
> the second dddw).
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc
> EAServer Consulting and Training
>
> JumpStart J2EE **** FREE Technology Seminar
> http://demo.ctpartners.com:8080/EAServer/jsj2eeoverview.jsp
>
> Now Available: The Web DataWindow eBook
>
> Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371
>
> <ccollins@bju.edu> wrote in message news:3A9C2FE5.E85CBA0A@bju.edu...
> > What is the best way to get the effect of the itemchanged event in an
> > HTML datawindow deployed from within PowerDynamo?  We have two
> > dropdowns, and when the user chooses a value in the first dropdown, we
> > want to filter the second dropdown immediately based on the value in the
> > first dropdown.
0
ccollins

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

How to speed up "ItemChange" and "ItemFocusChange" ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub47df2aa8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit First of, I cannot get rid of "ItemChange" and "ItemFocusChange" codes. The codes must get executed. Do not ask me to "Reject the Data Value" by <JavaScript>.JS file!! Just need to prevent "PostBack" to speed up. Here what I have done so far:- (I have attached my Screen .doc) 1. I put debugger in my ItemFocusChanged Event. 2. I Expect to see the Code Execution in ItemFocus...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

replace the "." with a ","

"Me" is better than "You"

double quote

"To" and "From" missing

Using "+" or "||"

"Using" or "With"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

Bug in composer, HTML: "From " become ">From " ("&gt;From " in source)
Hi One of users of my extension send me a very strange bug report. > I think I may have found a bug. Was composing an email, and I saved it, and when I reopened it, there was the "greater than" character (HTML "&gt") inserted right before a capital F in the text: After tests I found this bug is not related to my extension, but to Thunderbird itself. Here are steeps required to reproduce this bug: 1) Open new HTML mail. 2) Type "From " (characters case and trailing space matters) 3) Press [CTRL+S], save in Drafts. 4) now go to Drafts, and ...

Web resources about - HTML DW -- how to do "itemchanged" - sybase.easerver