Getting double record insertion using PD, ASA6, ODBC and stored procedures.

--------------7225442257FA38DBB2196E0F

Hi,

I am calling a stored procedure from a PD app which always yields a
double record insertion into the db, when it should only insert one
row.  The same stored procedure works fine from "Interactive SQL". This
stored procedure simple inserts a row using an auto incremented column
and also inserts a time stamp as well. It was suggested that this may be
an ODBC issue however I did not find any evidence to support this. Note
that my read of the ODBC trace log may be in error. Has any seen this
behavior ?

TIA

Bill Gfroehrer...

--------------7225442257FA38DBB2196E0F

begin:vcard
n:Gfroehrer;Bill
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Data Engineering
version:2.1
email;internet:ascent@pacbell.net
title:Design & Development
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Bill Gfroehrer
end:vcard

--------------7225442257FA38DBB2196E0F--

0
Bill

Dynamo does not manipulate the SQL in any way and passes the SQL text
straight on to the ODBC driver. If the problem doesn't occur through
ISQL, but does through PD/ODBC, this could indeed point to an ODBC
driver problem. ISQL doesn't use ODBC so that might explain why that
case works. Perhaps a test of using ODBC without PD would help to
isolate which piece is causing the problem.

Debbie Smith
PowerDynamo Development Manager

Bill Gfroehrer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am calling a stored procedure from a PD app which always yields a
> double record insertion into the db, when it should only insert one
> row.  The same stored procedure works fine from "Interactive SQL". This
> stored procedure simple inserts a row using an auto incremented column
> and also inserts a time stamp as well. It was suggested that this may be
> an ODBC issue however I did not find any evidence to support this. Note
> that my read of the ODBC trace log may be in error. Has any seen this
> behavior ?
>
> TIA
>
> Bill Gfroehrer...
0
Deb
12/4/1998 8:53:47 PM
You can use a cookie.  Depending on what you need to know when they come
back, you can either store the info in the cookie or store the info in a
table and put the key in the cookie.

Mark Gendein

0
Mark

Use Stored Procedure or insert template to insert a new record?
Hi there, I am using stored procedure for all my database website before I use .net 2. When I come to .net 2, I found almost all the videoes are using SP for select functions, and using insert template to add new ones. What's the differenence and which way is better? Thanks!  >which way is better?Whenever you can, use stored procedures - preferably your own, not some of the autogenerated horrors! If you want some help in generating them - see my post in  http://forums.asp.net/p/1091006/1635955.aspx#1635955 plus the helper bits in http://forums.asp.net/p/1089533/1631113.a...

Using stored procedures to insert recorders
Hi I am not familiar with stored procedures, but I tried to use it with this code and it worked fine   ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.p_insert_shortleave      @Leave_Date datetime,      @Start_time datetime,      @End_time datetime,      @Reason varchar(150),      @Submission_date datetime,      @L_D_id_Priority varchar(20)AS      INSERT INTO HR_Leave_request (Leave_Date, Start_time, End_time, Reason)   ...

Stored Procedure - Getting PK from Inserted Record
I have an ASP.NET page where administrators can enter questions/answers into a SQL Server database. Every question has 4 answers and 1 category assigned to each question. Thus, there is a 1 to MANY relationship between tblQuestions and tblAnswers. I am having trouble in the SQL logic for the following stored procedure on INSERTING a question and its 4 answers. My logic jus seems very inefficient. I am also having trouble on figuring out the PK for the Question that was just submitted into tblQuestions so I can use it as a FK for tblAnswers for each Answer submitted. CREATE PROCEDURE ...

Using a stored Procedure to insert a new record
ok I have a stored procedure...... I pass in the variables that are requried....What is the best way to add a record using my stored procedure in VB.net code in a button click event...... How might i do this with a data reader,,data adapter.....OR What.......................Do I need to declare all my varaibles I am adding to this new record in the line after POSCODE or can vb.net do this without a parameter statemetn CREATE procedure dbo.Appt_AddAppt ( @ClinicID int, @AccountNum nvarchar(10), @DOS nvarchar(12), @POSCODE nvarchar(5) ) as Insert ...

Problem with inserting a Record using textbox and stored procedure
Below is the code for a form with several textboxes that I would like to use the values from to insert a record using a stored procedure. I am not having any sucess. After entering all the values and clicking the submit button no record gets entered. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Gary <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <script runat="server"> Sub Register_Click(ByVal sender A...

Error when attempting to insert record using stored procedure
I am trying to save user data to a sql table but keep getting the following error; Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter'. I am using VWD Express Edition with .NET 2.0 and a SQL 2000 database. The code that generates the error is as follows; Public Function chkUser(ByVal strUser As String) As Stringdim MyConnection As SqlConnectionDim MyCommand As SqlCommandDim ReturnString As StringDim params As SqlParameterDim SelectCmd As String = "wm_CheckUser"MyConnection = New SqlConnection(myConnectionString)MyCommand = New SqlCommand(SelectCmd, ...

Inserting a new record from DetailsView using a stored procedure
I am using an <asp:DetailsView ...> on my <asp:Content ...> page.I have the AutoGenerateInsertButton="True".The DataSourceID for the DetailsView is a SQLDataSource.My Insert command uses a stored procedure that takes the fields a input parameters:   InsertCommand="AddMovie" InsertCommandType="StoredProcedure"I am using a stored procedure to do add a record to my table.My question is: After I click on the "New" button and add data to the DetailsView, how do the values entered get to my stored procedure? What am I missing here? ChuckChuck Ops, my stored procedure ...

Please help want to use the stored procedure to insert record to table
Please help, first time trying to use the stored procedure. Can you please modify my code below which is in asp.net to insert the record's in table(tbl_labels) using my stored procedure, i don't have problem inserting records, but i want to use my stored procedure to insert the record. Please help I never used a stored procedure. ********** CREATE PROCEDURE sp_insert_label ( @engl nvarchar, @espl nvarchar, @frlbl nvarchar, @gerlbl nvarchar ) AS INSERT INTO tbl_labels ( eng_lbl, esp_lbl, fr_lbl, ger_lbl ) VALUES ( @engl, @espl...

Help getting an ID, back from a record, that has just been inserted with a stored procedure
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice. I am currently using a stored procedure to insert records into a database. I want to be able to retrieve the ID (primar key) from the item that has just been inserted using the stored procedure. The ID I want to get back is Meter_ID This is my stored procedure:ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.quote   (@Business_Name nvarchar(50), @Business_Type nvarchar(50),@Contact_Title nchar(10), @Contact_First_Name nvarchar(50),@Contact_Last_Name nvarchar(50), @Address_Line_1 nvarchar(MAX),@Address_Line_2 nvarchar(MAX), @City nvarchar(MAX),@...

sql stored procedure
I have stored procedure which contains follwing part of it. it says syntax when i worte line to get @@identity valuewhen delete that  line command succesful. but i need to get @@identity from the insert statement and assign it to a variable and use it after any body pls tell me how to get this within a stored prosedure or what is the error of the following code bit.  (#tblSalesOrders is a temporary table which containsset of  records from orginal table )DECLARE @soNo1 INT  DECLARE @CursorOrders CURSOR SET @CursorOrders = CURSOR FAST_FORWARD...

View Inserted Record Using Object Datasource, Details View and Stored Procedure
I am trying to display the record just inserted into a database using an object datasource, a stored procedure and a details view Below is the stored procedureALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[Employees_Insert]( @LastName varchar(50), @FirstName varchar(30) = null, @JobTitle varchar(50))AS SET NOCOUNT OFF;INSERT INTO [dbo].[Employees] ([LastName], [FirstName], [JobTitle])VALUES (@LastName, @FirstName, @JobTitle);  SELECT  LastName, FirstName, JobTitleFROM Employees WHERE (EmployeeID = SCOPE_IDENTITY()) ________________________________________________________________...

Debug stored procedure that uses comma delimited list to insert multiple records
I need some help with a stored procedure to insert multiple rows into a join table from a checkboxlist on a form. The database structure has 3 tables - Products, Files, and ProductFiles(join). From a asp.net formview users are able to upload files to the server. The formview has a products checkboxlist where the user selects all products a file they are uploading applies too. I parse the selected values of the checkboxlist into a comma delimited list that is then passed with other parameters to the stored proc. If only one value is selected in the checkboxlist then the spproc executed correc...

Problem with changing Insert to use stored procedure (insert event fired but Insert not exec)
Hi all, I'm got the club and didn't like that it required full rad and write access the clubsite db.  First thing I did was change the DB to match standards that I'm use to and create stored procedures for everything.   So now that I've done that I can't get my code to work with the insert.  I know the insert event is fired because if I change the name of the page in the insert event code is goes to that page.  I also know that the insert stored procedure is not being run because sql profiler is not showing it (only the select from the following page).  Below is t...

Insert multiple records using one stored procedure call. SQL SERVER 7
Hi I have asp.net page with approx 28 dropdowns. I need to insert these records using one stored procedure call. How can I do this while not sacrificing performance?   Thanks, GaryGary Gary, I'm not clear on exactly what you're asking. 28 dropdowns equates to 28 parameters in your stored procedure if you're just inserting a record. Can you provide more details? BruceBrucePlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the posts that helped solve your issue. Ok Chuck, never mind about the dropdowns. All Im ask is how to insert multiple records into a database u...

Web resources about - Getting double record insertion using PD, ASA6, ODBC and stored procedures. - sybase.easerver

Parliamentary procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom , from which it derives its name. In the United States, parliamentary procedure ...

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures
We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures by digby I have a new piece up at Salon this morning about police ...

Catholic hospital allowed to deny sterilization procedure, judge says
Hospital in California argued that the procedure known as ‚Äčtubal ligation would violate its religious freedom

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...