Getting a session variable value in Servlet

Hi,

I am using psSession to set and get session variables in PowerDynamo
scripts. I also had to use servlets for serving some of the pages.

I want to access the session variables I have set in PowerDynamo scripts
from my servlet. I tried session.getValue from my servlet. But it
returns a null in servlet.

Any ideas as to how I can get the values of session variables in my
servlet?

TIA,
Mani.

0
Mani

Mani,

I would think that because they are two different session types you could
not do this. A workaround would be to create a cookie that you can use from
either spot

Scott

"Mani Neti" <sneti@cbsinc.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using psSession to set and get session variables in PowerDynamo
> scripts. I also had to use servlets for serving some of the pages.
>
> I want to access the session variables I have set in PowerDynamo scripts
> from my servlet. I tried session.getValue from my servlet. But it
> returns a null in servlet.
>
> Any ideas as to how I can get the values of session variables in my
> servlet?
>
> TIA,
> Mani.

0
Scott

How to get session variable value into a static variable
Hi, On page preinit i am adding few session variables. Now i want to retrive these session variable values into my static variables. protected void Page_PreInit(object sender, EventArgs e) {Session.Add("T", "Default"); Session.Add("T1", "Red"); Session.Add("T2", "Blue");   }   i have few static variables which shud contain these vaules.  public string TT; public string TT1; public string TextForeColor =sess = "#FFFFFF";   i want to get T value into TT ... T1 into TT1..and so on &n...

getting value of session variable
I'm trying to display the value of a session variable in a label. I know the session variable exists because in my page load event I redirect the user to a different page if it's value is null. I want to display it's value in a label to test some things, but I keep getting an error whenever I try.  Here is my code:   Label:<asp:Label ID="lblSessionTest" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>  How I'm trying to display it (in my page load event):  lblSessionTest.Text = Session("loggedIn"); &nbs...

Getting value out of session variable
 Hi,How to get the value of a session. It is storing the dataset value. I dont know how to transfer that to a variable.   private SearchDotnet.Searchs.UserSearch sSite;  if ((sSite == null))          {             sSite = Session["Site"];           }         }  The thing is sSite is  delcared as above. I need to unload the session variable to sSite. Have not found a...

Session Variables (Get values)
Hi, I am storing some variables in Session, Double values, Integers and Strings.Sometimes these values can be null or empty (""). While retrieving these values from session I will declare a variable of its type. Let say for example I want to get a Double value from Session. Dim dblAmount as DoubledblAmount = Session("sessAmount") Here I am getting trouble when value is empty, its giving an errorConversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. How to handle this kind of situations? Let me know your suggestion. Thanks   Hi. Before assigning the value, check if the session...

Session variable value gets lost
I am using asp.net 3.0 with C#. My web application requires some values that is used across my User Controls. These values are pertaining to the login user name and User type. When each user is logged in I store that username and user type in a session variable and whenever i need to used it like in a query I just called the string variable that is assigned to the Session variable. My problem is sometimes my session object/ string variable loses its value and I am wondering is there another way of storing my User's credential so that the value will not be lost until the User closes his/h...

How to get session variable values in webpart?
Anyone know that how to get session variable values in webpart? I developed a ASP.NET page to accept a input order code e.g. "E923829" and set it as session variable for the following working page. One of the working page is containing a webpart to show this order summary e.g. number of items and total price. I'm using VB.NET to develop this webpart. I'd tried to use Dim OrderNumber as string = Page.session("ORDER_NUMER"). But this will cause error while loading the webpart. Your advice will very appreciated....

Get value of hidden gridview into session variable
 Hello and thanks for any ideas on this in advance.I have a hidden casegridview from a sqldatasource with 2 values (case_id, client_id) The case gridview datasource takes a client id parameter from a second gridview, clientI'm trying to get the case_id into a session variable and can't figure out how to do it.I tried using onselectindexchange for gridview2 but that didn't return anything because gridview2 doesn't have select enabled.I have this code for my client gridview that gets a client id into a session variable: protected Sub GridView1_SelectedIndexChange...

Can not get the correct value back from session variable.
 When I assign multiple values to a session variables, I can only access the last one.Session(CheckUser.FirstName) = tbFirstName.Text      (John)Session(CheckUser.LastName) = tbLastName.Text     (Smith) The result I get from this is always 'Smith'.Session.Item(oLogin.FirstName) What am I doing wrong? Thanks,Sully1 try like creating an arraylist and store it in session. check this link http://forums.asp.net/t/1317594.aspx"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" Sully1:Session.Item(oLog...

getting dropdown list value from usercontrol to change session variable
I have a problem, I have a user control that has 2 drop down lists, what I need to do is use the value of the selected item in the dropdown list to use in the selection of data in a datagrid on the main page. Basically I just need to take the values, and be able to plug them in (during a page load event) and use them in the query. Right now the usercontrol gets fired AFTER all of the other things are loaded. I thought that by setting a session to the value of the drpdown list would work, but its not triggering anything because 1, its a post back event, and two the usercontrol is...

how to get variable value by using variable name as parameter???
I have a problem as following; I want to give my variable name as parameter to a function, then get value of that variable. Like this; dim myValue, myVariable, result  as stringmyValue = "demo"myVariable = "myValue"result = SomeMagicFunction(myVariable)then value of result sould be demoI know that is an interesting case. But i need this. :( Please help me !!... If you explain the situation where it is going to be used, there may be some other alternative solution to it. One solution is to store value in a property of a class or structure and then later on use reflection to retrie...

How to hold the values in session variable from intersoftWebcombo after we select the values from it
Hi,  I have a intersoft webcombo in .aspx page and when i select a value from it and go to another .aspx page the same selected value should appear in the webcombo in  second .aspx page For this i wrote an event webcombo_OnAfterItemSelected() event in .js file  webcombo_OnAfterItemSelected() { var WebCombo = ISGetObject(controlId); session["webcombovalue"]=WebCombo .Text; } But the value is not holding in session variable at client side. How to handle this situation???     Hi Neerja, You can't store the value in .js file, you should ...

getting a new session id and losing session variables
prb: I have two pages in my app - one on redirect and the other as a new window - that get a new session id from every other page in the app (they both get the same session id) and obviously the session state variables are lost and, therefore, the pages do not look like they should.  All pages are within the same domain and virtual directory. 1. a redirect; session variables are lost; session id is different from the previous page; if you click the BACK button you return to the previous page and the session id is the same as before and the session variables are as they should be2. ...

Session Variable Loses Value While Session Still Active
VWD 2005 Express.  Visual Basic. I am running into a situation that when I leave my session unattended, say for 20 minutes, and return to the session and navigate to another page on my site, I get an error when the code behind that page tries to access a session variable that was set when I logged on the session (Session("UserRole")).  If I navigate back to my home page first (where the session variable is first set in a section of code that runs if not a pastback), then the ession variable gets reinitialized and then I am okay.  Why am I losing the value in th...

How to include a session variable assigning a value to session in javascript function
I have the following javascript function which is in my .net project under .js file where all the javascript functions are residing: Can you please tell me how i can assign a value to session("Comesfrom") = 'CO'   How i can include the session("ComesFrom") = 'CN' in the following Javascript function. <code> function openProg(message) { if (checkOpen(message)){ parent.frames("mainFrame").location = "ccsNetAdminFind.aspx"; } } </code>   Thank you very much. You can't.  Session values are set and stored server-side, and that JavaScript runs client ...

Web resources about - Getting a session variable value in Servlet - sybase.easerver

Cisco Debuts Open Pay Variable Pricing, Updates CCRE
Cisco Debuts Open Pay Variable Pricing, Updates CCRE Channel Partners Kris Snow, president of Cisco Capital, says the company's new Open Pay ...