get/setFullstate on an external DataWindow containing a DropDown dw doubles the number of rows in the dropdown datawindow

Hi,

When we send a datawindow object containing 1 row and a dddw containing 5
rows to another datawindow control via get/setfullstate, the number of rows
in the dddw is doubled to 10.
Populating the (main) datawindow happened via an insertrow(), which caused
the dddw to be retrieved automatically.

Has anyone experienced the same behaviour?

Thanks,

Peter Annaert

-1
Peter

I saw this behavior when I had 2 different columns that used the same
datawindow object for dropdowns.  The workaround I used was to create a 2nd
version of of the dddw dataobject, so that each column had a unique dropdown
datawindow object.  That cleared up the problem.

Mark Maslow

Peter Annaert <peter.annaert@sofico.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When we send a datawindow object containing 1 row and a dddw containing 5
> rows to another datawindow control via get/setfullstate, the number of
rows
> in the dddw is doubled to 10.
> Populating the (main) datawindow happened via an insertrow(), which caused
> the dddw to be retrieved automatically.
>
> Has anyone experienced the same behaviour?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter Annaert

1
Mark

Dropdown DataWindows: one depends on the value of another dropdown datawindow.
Please read the attachement PBHelp.txt Thanks in advance, Pierre pierre.godts6@yucom.be begin 666 PBHelp.txt M26X@;7D@9&%T86)A<V4@:2!H879E('1R964@=&%B;&5S.@T*#0IT86)N86UE M"0EC;VQN86UE,0EC;VQN86UE,@EC;VQN86UE,PT*+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM M+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+0T* M<V5T,0D)<V5T,5]I9 D)9&5S8W)I<'1I;VX-"G-E=#()"7-E=#)?:60)"7-E M=#%?:60)"61E<V-R:7!T:6]N#0IE>'1R86-T<V5T"7-E=%]I9 D)<V5T,5]I M9 D)<V5T,E]I9 T*#0H-"E1H92!T86)L97,@87)E('!O<'5L871E9&quo...

how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow?
Hi All! Has anyone an idea how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow? I have a datastore l_ds = CREATE datastore l_ds.dataobject = "d_invoice" l_ds.SetTransObject(SQLCA) li_rows = l_ds.Retrieve(... and so on I am able to access a value in the nested datawindow like this: l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[1] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[2] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[3] (d_items is the nested datawindow) But I do not know how to retrieve the number of rows of the nested...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

Error in Dispaly External Datawindow with First field as Dropdown Datawindow
I have got a external datawindow with first field as dropdown datawindow. I populate the dropdown with getchild method. It displays the display value correctly initially but first time it gets focus instead of showing the Display value it is showing the data value which is not the desired effect I want. Can anybody help. I am using PB 7.0 Regards, Dewang If there is no entry in the dddw for the data value, it shows the data value because there is no display value. Dewang Bhansali wrote in message ... >I have got a external datawindow with first field as dr...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Dropdown DataWindows in Java DataWindow
When I do a setFullState on a Java datawindow, using a state generated by a PowerBuilder component, I get nothing in the dropdowns. I reported this bug a few months ago, and was told that this would be addressed by an EBF available shortly after the EA Studio general release. Can anyone give me a status report on when a fix will be available? ...

DropDown Datawindow in HTML datawindow
Hi We are going to move from PB 6.5 to PB 7 only because of internet applications. We would like to know some information abut HTML DataWindow. In a HTML Data Window, assume that we have 3 columns. All the 3 coloumns have DropDownDataWindow. Based first column value which I'm going to select I need to populate the second field DropDown DataWindow and based on the first column value and second column value , the 3rd column dropdown datawindow has to be populated. Is it possible in HTML DataWindow. Based on the solution only we can start the project. T...

get the row from the dropdown datawindow .... v v v urgent
Hi , This is probably a simple one , but I can't get it to work . I have a datawindow object with a column for class_code and class_type_code . The column class_code has a dropdown datawindow object in it ( with columns class_code and class_type_code). I would like to set the value of class_type_code column on my datawindow based on what class_code the user picks from the dropdown so that they do not have to edit the class_type_code anymore . It will be automatically set once they choose the class_code In datawindow painter: 1. Seelct the column that the dddw is in. 2. O...

Datawindows containing dropdowns
Hi- I've just started trying Powersite, and have successfully deployed datawindows. However, if the datawindow contains any dropdowns (for descriptions), these do not show up, all that is displayed once it's deployed in Powersite is the code, not the description which would come from the drop down. Of course the datawindow works fine with the dropdowns in the datawindow builder. Is it possible to deploy dropdowns in datawindows using Powersite? Do these have to be coded in scripts? Suggestions? Thanks, Melissa Hello Melissa. The dropdowndatawindows should work. I...

HTML Datawindow Update() with modified DropDown Datawindow
Is it possible to modify the contents of a Drop Down Datawindow on a HTML Datawindow and for this to be accepted by the generated Update statement? By Default the Drop Down Datawindow converts to a Non-editable <SELECT> field on the HTML page. But I want to be able to add a new option into the list, just as you can in an Editiable DDLB in PB. I can achieve this by extending the Element array in javascript and adding the new option in, this works fine and the new option appears in the HTML <SELECT> control. But when I submit the Update() this ignores my new addition and ...

Populating a column with a dropdown datawindow within a datawindow.
I have a datawindow which contains two fields. One is named "customer_name" and the other is "job_siteno". these fields are contained in two different tables which are related by a foreign key column "cust_id". Both of these columns have a DDDW edit control. When I select the customer name I want to then have the "job_siteno" column populated with all the site numbers related to this particular customer. I would then be able to select the site number from the DDDW edit control. Selecting the customer number is no problem. My problem is that th...

Vertical Scrollbar in datawindows control and dropdown datawindows
Hi 1. After migrating a PB application from PB5 to 6, the vertical scrolllbar in datawindow controls are always on after retrieving data, even if its only one row in the datawindow control and the control is not filled with rows. How can i solve that? 2. I also got problems with dropdowns based on datawindows and that they show some blank fields at the end of the list of the dopdown. A dropdown with for instance 20 choices, has 5 blank choices at the end of it. How can I avoid that? Torbj�rn Torbj�rn -- You're not seeing blank rows. You're seeing the eff...

SetFullState appends to dropdown datawindows
The SetFullState function appears to copy everything in a datawindow including dropdown datawindow data. This is great. However, it also appears to append (it should overwrite I would think) dropdown datawindow rows if there are already rows in the dropdown datawindows of the target. This isn't so good. I assume this is a bug. -- Chris McMahon qcmcmahon@delphi-tech.com Anti-Spam Note: Remove the 'q' in front of my email address to send me email ...

Web resources about - get/setFullstate on an external DataWindow containing a DropDown dw doubles the number of rows in the dropdown datawindow - sybase.easerver