Dyanmic calling Jaguar PB object from powerbuilder

Hi All,

I have an powerbuilder object on the jaguar server which works fine. (In
fact it is the surfvideo demo :-) ) There is a line
in_store.GetList() call where in_store is a valid object. Now I want to call
the function dynamicly, so i trigger the same function dynamic:

in_store.Dynamic Function GetList()

But this gives me a powerbuilder error : Dynamic Function Not Found,
Possible causes include:
pass by value/reference missmatch...

Isn't it possible to call function dynamic on a jaguar component ?

Marco Laponder
(mlr@interchain.nl)

0
Marco

Marco,

This is known problem with the 7.0 GA product. I am trying to find out
information about when this is planned to be addressed.

Thanks.

/Ajit

Marco Laponder wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have an powerbuilder object on the jaguar server which works fine. (In
> fact it is the surfvideo demo :-) ) There is a line
> in_store.GetList() call where in_store is a valid object. Now I want to call
> the function dynamicly, so i trigger the same function dynamic:
>
> in_store.Dynamic Function GetList()
>
> But this gives me a powerbuilder error : Dynamic Function Not Found,
> Possible causes include:
> pass by value/reference missmatch...
>
> Isn't it possible to call function dynamic on a jaguar component ?
>
> Marco Laponder
> (mlr@interchain.nl)

0
Ajit
6/16/1999 11:18:27 PM
On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:57:27 +0200, "Marco Laponder"
<mlr@interchain.nl> wrote:

You cannot call dynamic functions in Jaguar.

Jon Credit[TeamSybase]
CPD Professional PB6
DONT_SPAM_ME_JCredit@Sprynet.com
http://jcredit.home.sprynet.com

>Hi All,
>
>I have an powerbuilder object on the jaguar server which works fine. (In
>fact it is the surfvideo demo :-) ) There is a line
>in_store.GetList() call where in_store is a valid object. Now I want to call
>the function dynamicly, so i trigger the same function dynamic:
>

>in_store.Dynamic Function GetList()
>
>But this gives me a powerbuilder error : Dynamic Function Not Found,
>Possible causes include:
>pass by value/reference missmatch...
>
>Isn't it possible to call function dynamic on a jaguar component ?
>
>Marco Laponder
>(mlr@interchain.nl)

0
JCredit

Let me know when you find out, dynamic triggering of function is
in my opinion very powerfull and I see no reason why it isn't available
for a jaguar component

thx

Marco Laponder

Ajit Sabnis heeft geschreven in bericht <376830C3.ADB4380F@xxxx.com>...
>Marco,
>
>This is known problem with the 7.0 GA product. I am trying to find out
>information about when this is planned to be addressed.
>
>Thanks.
>
>/Ajit
>
>Marco Laponder wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have an powerbuilder object on the jaguar server which works fine. (In
>> fact it is the surfvideo demo :-) ) There is a line
>> in_store.GetList() call where in_store is a valid object. Now I want to
call
>> the function dynamicly, so i trigger the same function dynamic:
>>
>> in_store.Dynamic Function GetList()
>>
>> But this gives me a powerbuilder error : Dynamic Function Not Found,
>> Possible causes include:
>> pass by value/reference missmatch...
>>
>> Isn't it possible to call function dynamic on a jaguar component ?
>>
>> Marco Laponder
>> (mlr@interchain.nl)

0
Marco
6/21/1999 7:34:19 AM
Marco,

Dynamic function calling for Jaguar components is planned to be addressed in the
Catalina release (I believe this will be called PB 7.5 or E.A.Studio 3.5). I am
not from Marketing, so can't talk dates. Anyone reading this post and knws ETA for
Catalina please post the dates here.

(FYI : This issue was not addressed in 7.0 GA due to the extent of code changes
required and effect of this code changes to the overall product)

HTH

Ajit Sabnis wrote:

> Marco,
>
> This is known problem with the 7.0 GA product. I am trying to find out
> information about when this is planned to be addressed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> /Ajit
>
> Marco Laponder wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have an powerbuilder object on the jaguar server which works fine. (In
> > fact it is the surfvideo demo :-) ) There is a line
> > in_store.GetList() call where in_store is a valid object. Now I want to call
> > the function dynamicly, so i trigger the same function dynamic:
> >
> > in_store.Dynamic Function GetList()
> >
> > But this gives me a powerbuilder error : Dynamic Function Not Found,
> > Possible causes include:
> > pass by value/reference missmatch...
> >
> > Isn't it possible to call function dynamic on a jaguar component ?
> >
> > Marco Laponder
> > (mlr@interchain.nl)

0
Ajit
6/21/1999 10:21:08 PM
Catalina is marked as late 2H99.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

Ajit Sabnis wrote:

> Marco,
>
> Dynamic function calling for Jaguar components is planned to be addressed in the
> Catalina release (I believe this will be called PB 7.5 or E.A.Studio 3.5). I am
> not from Marketing, so can't talk dates. Anyone reading this post and knws ETA for
> Catalina please post the dates here.
>
> (FYI : This issue was not addressed in 7.0 GA due to the extent of code changes
> required and effect of this code changes to the overall product)
>
> HTH
>
> Ajit Sabnis wrote:
>
> > Marco,
> >
> > This is known problem with the 7.0 GA product. I am trying to find out
> > information about when this is planned to be addressed.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > /Ajit
> >
> > Marco Laponder wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have an powerbuilder object on the jaguar server which works fine. (In
> > > fact it is the surfvideo demo :-) ) There is a line
> > > in_store.GetList() call where in_store is a valid object. Now I want to call
> > > the function dynamicly, so i trigger the same function dynamic:
> > >
> > > in_store.Dynamic Function GetList()
> > >
> > > But this gives me a powerbuilder error : Dynamic Function Not Found,
> > > Possible causes include:
> > > pass by value/reference missmatch...
> > >
> > > Isn't it possible to call function dynamic on a jaguar component ?
> > >
> > > Marco Laponder
> > > (mlr@interchain.nl)

0
David

Calling Jaguar COM object from PB
I have successfully loaded my PB NVO in Jaguar and can see the methods on the component. I created a PB COM object and imported the compenent as an Active X object in Jaguar. The import was successful. I successfully created the stubs & skeltons. In PB I created a DB profile to my Jaguar server and successfully connected. I am following PBs help to access my Jaguar component through remote procedure calls...basically, inherit a standard class user object from the transaction object, go to Local External Procedures, and select desired method. When I do this I see methods fr...

Calling Pb Jaguar Object from Powersite.
Where can I find examples of how to call a Pb 7.02 object residing on the jaguar server from Powersite. Does this help? Its an example of calling a PB component that returns a DataWindow's HTML property. Remember you have to create stubs for your component using Jaguar Manager. dwmain = java.CreateComponent("package.component","iiop://localhost:9000","jagadmin",""); if (dwmain == null) { document.write("Create component failed.") return ; } var providerId = document.value.provpk document.write(d...

Problem Calling Store Procedure from Powerbuilder in PB/Jaguar architechture
----- Original Message ----- From: Naimesh Trivedi <naimesh@rajmicro.com> Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.powerbuilder Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:13 PM Subject: Re: Calling Stored Procudure in 3-tier in Powerbuilder/JaguarCTS architechture > Hello Mark, > > Thanx for ur prompt response. Foll. error is coming > > Error ORA-24321 (Zero Iteration count) If done using sqlca syntax shown > below & Stored Procedure does not > execute or no row returns (the test sp inserts one row in one table - hard > coded for testing purpose) > &...

How to Call Methods on a PB Component deployed as EAServer Service? Use a Timer Object?
Can I use a PB Timer Object in a EAServer component? I am developing a PB Component as a EAServer Service and having problems calling methods on it. I cannot call methods because Run() is using up all the cycles. I am doing something like the following in the Run() method: DO WHILE ib_running uf_do_something() JagSleep ( a few seconds ) END LOOP Where ib_running would get set to false in the Stop() method. I thought using JagSleep() would allow other methods to be called, but it doesn't. I'd prefer to have a timing object perform periodic refreshes (of ...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

PB 7.01-"Name not found calling external object function" Calling COM Method
I'm getting this error message: "Name not found calling external object function of_new_app_getdatastores" Using PB 7.01 (build 6012) I create an OLE Automation object and import it into MTS (to be used just like a "COM" object). If the OLE object is created, registered, and called locally I have no problem calling this method, if I create it, register it, export it to a package, run the package on another computer I can create the OLE object remotely from my client (ConnectToNewObject returns 0), but when I try to call this "of_new_app_getdatastores&qu...

EAserver to Easerver calls
We have a central server that makes calls to other jaguar servers located on different machines. If the calling component uses transactions, then whenever it connects to a component on another system we get errors in the server log in regards to invalid transactions (see below for actual error) on both the calling and called servers. These errors cause a rollback in the calling component. The code in the called component executes properly. If we set the transaction type to 'not supported' all works well, but we lose the ability to take advantage of EAServer's transactio...

Call a COM object from PB
Hello, I need to use a function from a dll that, according to the vendor, "has been compiled for being visible as a COM object - thus targeting development systems prior to .NET - which anyway needs .NET 2.0 for working." Say the dll file is myclass.dll, myclass.tlb is also provided. The dll has been registered for being used as a COM object: regasm mylib.dll /codebase /tlb I want to code in PB what is already working in Excel with this test script (provided by the vendor): Dim IdmComVr As New AutenticazioneIDMComVr If (IdmComVr.CodiceErrore = 0) Then stato = Id...

Deploying PB objects to EAServer
PB version : 7.0.3 build 10009 jaguar version : 3.5 build 35036 (NT4) if i deploy a new object to jaguar ... before it will work in PD i have to do the following : 1) generate stubs 1a) compile them 2) stop jaguar 3) stop IIS 4) start IIS 5) start Jaguar and then all is fine ! am i missing somthing as i this method is not very good on a live webserver ? thanks Matt You should only have to do step 1 for NEW components. If you update a component, however, since the stubs are cached so you will have to recycle IIS, but not Jaguar. On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:44:2...

Calling EJB in Jaguar from PB
Hi, I have a EJB in Jaguar, when I try to retrieve the proxy object from PowerBuilder, I got: Generation Errors: Warning, a file returned from Jaguar has an invalid format and will be bypassed. The begining of the file follows: ���� Warning, a file returned from Jaguar has an invalid format and will be bypassed. The begining of the file follows: ���� Warning, a file returned from Jaguar has an invalid format and will be bypassed. The begining of the file follows: ���� Warning, a file returned from Jaguar has an invalid format and will be bypassed. The begini...

PB Intercomponent calls on EAServer
Apologize if this message has been posted multiple times. I've been having problems posting via Deja News. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------- I have a couple of conceptual questions. The scenario. I am deploying PB components on EAServer 3.5 standard, stateless components. Let's consider four objects. Object A is a standard, stateless component, object B is also a standard, stateless component, while object C is an included object - included by virtue of being a referenced object in the pbl - say, referenced by...

Calling Jaguar objects from VC++
Has anybody done any work using VC++ as a client to Jaguar Objects (native Corba references)? I've reviewed the online books but the C++ sample code doesn't seem complete.. Thanks, Mike Mike wrote: > Has anybody done any work using VC++ as a client to Jaguar Objects (native > Corba references)? I've reviewed the online books but the C++ sample code > doesn't seem complete.. Certainly people have done work with this. For example, the PowerBuilder IDE uses C++ stubs to communicate with the Jaguar Repository. Do you just want some basic client ...

Calling PB Objects from a DLL.
Can I call a PB object from a DLL that is loaded through a PB app ? So essentially I want to make a call from a PB object to an external DLL function and then have the ability to call a PB Object from that DLL. Can this be done in PB 6.0 ? Thanks, Arjun. Not that I know of. About the best you could do is send a message back to the PB app by triggering an event on it's window. On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:55:08 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.distributed Arjun Cholkar <arjun.cholkar@ap.bdi.gte.com> wrote: >Can I call a PB object from a DLL that is loaded ...

Web resources about - Dyanmic calling Jaguar PB object from powerbuilder - sybase.easerver

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles