Did EAS 3.5 fix the problem where the tab order skips over drop down datawindows in the html datawindow?

I noticed this problem in EAS 3.0 and thought that it would be fixed in EAS
3.5.  However, I just installed EAS 3.5 and it still seems to be a problem.
Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks.

0
Thanh

This is a known issue.  According to Sybase it is an issue with IE.  I'm not
100% sure there's not something that can be done about that...I'm pushing.

What's interesting is that tabbing in Netscape works fine with dddw fields.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.

"Thanh" <tle@firstam.com> wrote in message
> I noticed this problem in EAS 3.0 and thought that it would be fixed in
EAS
> 3.5.  However, I just installed EAS 3.5 and it still seems to be a
problem.
> Has anyone else had the same problem?
>
> Thanks.

0
Larry
2/29/2000 3:19:21 AM
This can be corrected by de-selecting "always show arrow"  for the
DropDownDW edit style, the arrow shows up and the tab order is correct.

"Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com> wrote in message
> This is a known issue.  According to Sybase it is an issue with IE.  I'm
not
> 100% sure there's not something that can be done about that...I'm pushing.
>
> What's interesting is that tabbing in Netscape works fine with dddw
fields.

> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> www.ctpartners.com
> Web DataWindow Articles
> (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
>
> "Thanh" <tle@firstam.com> wrote in message
> > I noticed this problem in EAS 3.0 and thought that it would be fixed in
> EAS
> > 3.5.  However, I just installed EAS 3.5 and it still seems to be a
> problem.
> > Has anyone else had the same problem?
> >
> > Thanks.

0
Gary
3/8/2000 9:34:19 PM
It works!  Thank you so much.

Gary Gubrud <spam_ggubrud@iellp.com> wrote in message
> This can be corrected by de-selecting "always show arrow"  for the
> DropDownDW edit style, the arrow shows up and the tab order is correct.
>

> "Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com> wrote in message
> > This is a known issue.  According to Sybase it is an issue with IE.  I'm
> not
> > 100% sure there's not something that can be done about that...I'm
pushing.

> > What's interesting is that tabbing in Netscape works fine with dddw
> fields.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> > Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> > www.ctpartners.com
> > Web DataWindow Articles
> > (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
> >
> > "Thanh" <tle@firstam.com> wrote in message
> > > I noticed this problem in EAS 3.0 and thought that it would be fixed
in
> > EAS
> > > 3.5.  However, I just installed EAS 3.5 and it still seems to be a
> > problem.
> > > Has anyone else had the same problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

0
Thanh

HTML Datawindow: Tab order skips over dropdowndatawindows
Is anyone having the problem where the tab order set in the datawindow does not work in the browser? It skips over the dropdowndatawindows. I was able to reproduce this in the Sample HTML Datawindow example. Would anyone know how to get the tab order to be correct in the browser? Thanks in advance. Thanh Leverage Consulting I have some datawindows with dddw edit styles and it worked correctly. Could it be something else such as a protect attribute? If you click on the dddw field, does it work correctly? -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc...

Drop Down Datawindows in a HTML Datawindow not working
Hi, I have a HTML Datawindow with some dropdown datawindows in it. Everything works fine except the drop down datawindows. The dddw's work fine in PB or Datawindow Builder. All the dataobjects are in one pbl. Any idea... Thanks.. Reddy Can you take a look at the generated HTML and see if the data from the dddw is present? The way it works is that the dddw is retrieved and then the rows used in the html. Can you tell if it is being retrieved? Also, does it work from previewing in PowerDynamo? -- Build Your Future With PowerBuilder 7.0 www.c...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow #3
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow #3
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Drop Down Datawindow Problem #3
Hi, I noticed that if dddw has same display values of more than one display code, it always picks up the the first display code even if I did not select the first one. For example, suppose that dddw has the following display Vendor Name Vendor ID (not visible) ABC Company abc ABC Company abcco If I select the second vendor (abcco), the following script always picks up the first vendor (abc). ls_vendor_id = dw_criteria.object.vendor_id[1] Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Eugene. remove the sort feature on dddw. <Eugene Yun>...

Problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow.
PB 7.02 Build 8046 on Windows NT 4.0 I have a problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow. One of the columns in my DataWindow is presenting a selection, limited (filtered) according to what the user has selected in a previous column (on the same DataWindow). The Drop Down DataWindow is not displaying the raw data (an abbreviated code), but an English text translation of the data needed. Here is my problem: When the DataWindow is activated, all data are correctly displayed (no filtering yet). When the user clicks on one of the rows and on the column, w...

html datawindow display with 3.5
Hi, I've just converted to 3.5. My html datawindows now display borders around every field that has a value. Why is this happening and what property do I have to set to clear the borders? Thank you. ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Update EAS 3.0.1 to EAS 3.5 problem ...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01BF820F.8C202360 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello there, I am having problems upgrading my EA Server setup from 3.0.1 to 3.5. = There is always an error message that tell me : " You do not have the required version of EAStudio 3.0 or 3.0.1 = installed on your machine " ... I have on this machine, Jaguar, PowerDynamo and Adaptive Server = Anywhere. I am trying to upgrade that setup with the Enterprise = Application Studi...

PB 5.0.3 and Drop Down DataWindows...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------DB8E626F56FA888BA015C97A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-7 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi PBers.... I have experienced problems using DDDW.... In some Datawindows, when I insert a row, it automaticly sets, like initial value, the first row of the dropdown as the value of the field. This happens only if the column's type is decimal. If the dropdown is on a char field, everything is OK. This is not happening on 5.0.2,,, We use PB5.0.3 on Windows 95. -- __________________________________________ ...

Problem in datawindow
Hi Guys, I am using PB 6.5 Version. I am getting a unique problem. I have already have a datawindow with stored procedure has a return value. I added the new column in the stored procedure, then i went into the datawindow and add that column. After adding a column in the datawindow, then i added it in the datawindow Preview mode. When i tried to retrieve the values in that datawindow i am getting the Select Error. Wht is the reason and how to solve this isssue ?? Once again guys, thanks for your timely help.. Rgds, VJ ...

Drop down datawindow within a datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Please post this question ...

Drop Down Datawindow issues in Datawindow
We recently moved from version 8.0.3 9704 to 8.0.3 9977. Since this move we have had nothing but grief with DropDownDatawindow style columns. Basically - we have columns that are dropdowns that the user can enter their values into or, scroll down and select from. We then have code that verifies that the value entered in the column exists in the drop down list (i.e. is the data entered by the user valid). When we get the value from the column (using either dot notation or, getitem functions) PB is giving us the display value for the drop down NOT the code value. SOMETIMES whe...

Drop down datawindow within datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Generally, the steps are: ...

Web resources about - Did EAS 3.5 fix the problem where the tab order skips over drop down datawindows in the html datawindow? - sybase.easerver

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo