Deploying C/C++ Components On Jaguar

My team is developing a new PB 7.0 / Jaguar 3.5 application.  The
application will contain some C/C++ components that will be developed using
Microsoft's Visual C++.  The C/C++ components will probably be initiated
via UNIX cron jobs.  Should these components be deployed on Jaguar?  If so,
how do I deploy them?  Thanks in advance.

0
Anonymous

Review the docs on creating C++ CORBA components.  If you then have specific
questions come on back here :)

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

<Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message
> My team is developing a new PB 7.0 / Jaguar 3.5 application.  The
> application will contain some C/C++ components that will be developed
using
> Microsoft's Visual C++.  The C/C++ components will probably be initiated
> via UNIX cron jobs.  Should these components be deployed on Jaguar?  If
so,
> how do I deploy them?  Thanks in advance.

0
Dave

How to porting C++ code from visual C to C++ component in EAserver
I am a new beginner in EAserver. Serveral problems are encountered, please help me to resolve it. 1. I have a application previously coding in Visual C++ and running on Windows NT. As a request of porting this application to Unix web base environment, I wanna create the C++ component object in EAServer by migrating all my source codes written in common C++ syntax. However, I found the EAserver only support the CORBA IDL C++ standard. Does it mean all my existing C++ code should be rewritten and redeveloped to adopt the new standard. are there any work-around methods to preser...

C Components Using Watcom C/C++ Compiler
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms2646818B6AC700D6597C3859 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Does anyone have an example of C skeleton files and Watcom C/C++ make file to compile and load C components into Jaguar using the Watcom C/C++ compiler/Linker? --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; ch...

About C and C++
Hello, I will resume it like this: On the criterias of "complexity" and "difficulty", the C and C++ programming languages are more complex and difficult than Object Pascal for example, so since they are more complex and difficult they are likely to create something like a darwinian filter who don't let the weaker humans among us humans to cross or to climb the social ladder, this is why i think that C and C++ do participate to social darwinism, this is why i say that C and C++ are bad. Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote: > He...

C or C++
What's the difference in using C or C++ for ultralite developments?. Novice user. Thank you The ONLY difference is YOUR preference. There is no speed difference between the two. If you are very used to C++ but not used to SQL, then the C++ API maybe a better choice. If you are familiar with SQL, the embedded SQL may make more sense. -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs and Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/ "Lorenzo Mota" <lorenzomota@aol.com> wro...

C++ or C#
HI, I have still seen that many big companies are still using C++ as their primary language of choice instead of C#. Like IBM stilll prefers C++ over c#. Any reason ???HighOnCodingWanna get high! Well not everybody has the .net framework installed. C++ will work on any platform, c# will not yet because the framework has not been ported to all platforms yet (e.g. mac). Also you have to think of the expense of a large company to retrain ALL its coders to use the new framework. Not exactly practical in the short term David LeggDave Legg Considering that they have a huge c...

How to connect a Jaguar connection cache from a C/C++ CORBA component
Hi.. All I am using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 (#36108) running on MS Windows 2000 Professional. I also installed Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise PC Client to connect a remote ASE 12.0 database... I have successfully created a connection cache to the database (Connection cache ping OK)... However, i am in trouble making a C/C++ CORBA component to use this conn cache... I added jagCMGetConnection API to get a connection from available cache as following * ------------------------------------------------------*/ retcode = JagCmGetConnection (&cache, (unsigned char *)"us...

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

Instant C++ C# to C++ Converter
We've just released version 1.0 of the Instant C++ C# to C++ converter.  Instant C++ converts to either C++/CLI (2005) or Managed C++ (2003).Instant C++ converts C# projects, folders, files, and snippets. David Antonwww.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.comInstant C#: VB.NET to C# ConverterInstant VB: C# to VB.NET ConverterInstant C++: C# to C++ ConverterInstant J#: VB.NET to J# ConverterClear VB: Cleans up outdated VB.NET code David Antonhttp://www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.comConvert VB to C#, C++, or JavaConvert C# to VB, C++, or JavaConvert C++ to C#, VB, or JavaConvert Java to C#, C++, or...

External Component Execution (C/C++)
According to the EAServer Programmer's Guide, there are two choices for non-thread-safe C++ components: disable concurrency or run the components externally (Part 4, Chapter 14: Running C++ components externally). Ignoring the former, the latter approach is a feature available beginning in EAS 4.0 to allow legacy C and C++ business logic code (i.e., unstable, non-thread-safe, etc.) into a component. These components execute within a dedicated external process and EAServer spawns subprocesses to execute the component. While EAS is gracious with the addition of this feature, the ...

C++ component in Jaguar
Hi to all, I must make a C++ component to call Win32 API for EAS, I need information about this: 1) How can I write the component (are there particular specifications for CORBA calls?) ? What kind of compiler do I need ?? 2) How can install and use it in Jaguar. If is possible I'd like have a link (URL) or an example ; Thank you OS WIN NT 4 EAS 3.6.1 ...

Coordinating landing on m-c and c-c
In Bug 778668 I'm making changes to the nsIAlertsService that impacts code in m-c and c-c. What's the best way coordinate these landings while not breaking c-c? My m-c patch will do m-i -> m-c -> c-c, but I have no idea which revision of m-c is picked up by c-c and when. Fabrice On 8/8/2012 3:34 PM, Fabrice Desré wrote: > What's the best way coordinate these landings while not breaking c-c? > My m-c patch will do m-i -> m-c -> c-c, but I have no idea which revision > of m-c is picked up by c-c and when. c-c (and try-c-c) always builds the...

About C component & Embedded SQL/C
Have anyone ever wrote a C component, and connect to database using Sybase Open Client Embedded SQL/C. Have any sample code can help me to bind the C component with ESQL/C. Thanks. Vincent ...

Accessing Jaguar from HPUX C/C++ client?
Is this even possible to do? I have Jaguar running on another machine (NT at this point), and I want to call a component from a C client. Are the lib files used to generate the CORBA interface to Jaguar portable across platforms, or are there other things I need to do to the UNIX client? Can I use a standard C compiler (cc) or do I have to use a C++ compiler? Is there a good example somewhere of how to do this? The Jaguar documentation example assumes that you have the Solaris Jaguar lib files and are using a C++ compiler it seems. Thanks... Bob Fields Walt Disney World ...

Web resources about - Deploying C/C++ Components On Jaguar - sybase.easerver

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Solar Power Is Booming and Its Biggest Component Is Dirt Cheap
Prices for polysilicon, the main ingredient in solar cells, have dropped to a record low amid a supply glut that won’t end soon.

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people