CORBA MARSHAL error 0

Hi,

Has anyone encountered "CORBA MARSHAL error 0" when trying to pass a
"Vector" from an EJB to a remote client? I am using all the classes as
described in the documentation, but I always get the same error.
Interestingly, I can pass a "String" to my client without any problem. This
looks like a Marshalling/Serialization issue. If I deploy a WAR
(JSP/JavaBean files) locally on the app server, it works fine, because it
runs within the Jaguar environment.

I did a local test on the machine and made sure that both Sybase EAs and the
client use the same JDK (same directory), which ensures there is no
incompatibility issues. Still, I get the same error. Looking from Sun's
documentation and support site, I am missing some classes (JAR file?) that
my client application needs, and therefore I always get this error.

Does anyone has any idea? This seriously limits us in deploying clients for
our EJB application.

Thank you,

Tiago

0
Tiago

Can I see the entire stack trace of the marshall exception?  What classes
are you putting into this vector?

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division
0
Dave_Wolf_
2/28/2001 1:06:28 PM
Hi Dave,

I did some more research and it turns out that the "Vector" class itself
isn't the problem, but the fact that I add "java.sql.TimeStamp" objects into
it. That is what caused the "CORBA MARSHAL error 0". I converted the object
to a "String" and everything works well now, but I wish I didn't have to do
this. Strange, because the same code works fine when running as Web
Application within Sybase EAS 3.6.1 (Jaguar). Its when I try using it as a
client that the problem occurs, and it does contain the "JagClient.zip"
file.

Here's a typical code example that caused the problem:
==========
  String last_name, first_name, start;
  ResultSet rs;
  Object[] sa;
  java.sql.Timestamp report_date;
  Vector v  = new Vector();
  while (rs.next()) {
   person_id = rs.getInt(1);
   last_name = rs.getString(2);
   first_name = rs.getString(3);
   report_date = rs.getTimestamp(4);
   sa = new Object[] { new Integer(person_id), last_name, first_name,
report_date };
   v.addElement(sa);
}
return v;
=============

I suspect that the client side have some missing classes that cause the
deserialization error. Do you still want to see the entire stack trace of
the marshall exception?  If so, let me know, as I have make a new built of
the EJB.

Tiago

<Dave_Wolf_[Sybase]> wrote in message
> Can I see the entire stack trace of the marshall exception?  What classes
> are you putting into this vector?
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division

0
Tiago
2/28/2001 11:27:35 PM
Seems there were some changes in the jConnect implementation of
java.sql.Timestamp interface to support marshalling over RMI
(Serialization).  My guess is this was fixed on say the server, but not
fixed in the classes on the client causing the marshall exceptions.

"Tiago Hermans" <tiago.hermans@chase.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dave,
>
> I did some more research and it turns out that the "Vector" class itself
> isn't the problem, but the fact that I add "java.sql.TimeStamp" objects
into
> it. That is what caused the "CORBA MARSHAL error 0". I converted the
object
> to a "String" and everything works well now, but I wish I didn't have to
do
> this. Strange, because the same code works fine when running as Web
> Application within Sybase EAS 3.6.1 (Jaguar). Its when I try using it as a
> client that the problem occurs, and it does contain the "JagClient.zip"
> file.
>
> Here's a typical code example that caused the problem:
> ==========
>   String last_name, first_name, start;
>   ResultSet rs;
>   Object[] sa;
>   java.sql.Timestamp report_date;
>   Vector v  = new Vector();
>   while (rs.next()) {
>    person_id = rs.getInt(1);
>    last_name = rs.getString(2);
>    first_name = rs.getString(3);
>    report_date = rs.getTimestamp(4);
>    sa = new Object[] { new Integer(person_id), last_name, first_name,
> report_date };
>    v.addElement(sa);
> }
> return v;
> =============
>
> I suspect that the client side have some missing classes that cause the
> deserialization error. Do you still want to see the entire stack trace of
> the marshall exception?  If so, let me know, as I have make a new built of
> the EJB.
>
> Tiago
>

> <Dave_Wolf_[Sybase]> wrote in message
> > Can I see the entire stack trace of the marshall exception?  What
classes
> > are you putting into this vector?
> >
> > Dave Wolf
> > Internet Applications Division

0
Dave
--------------CA7617A96D198D2B54AFF3B8

Hi all,

I have found the solution to my problem and just posting it for other people's
benefit:

You need to install the following Jconnect-5.2 EBFs and it happily marshals
across
 the wire.

EBF9324.zip,
EBF9422.tgz

Leon.

Note. the cover letter does not say anything about this bug fix. :)

Leon Barmakov wrote:

> Hi Dave , Evan and all,
>
> I put this message on sybase.public.jconnect50 about a week ago and still
> no response.
>
> I have also found that the jconn2.jar under $JAGUAR/html/classes directory is
> different to jconn2.jar under jconnect-5_2/classes directory -
>
> the one under jconnect does not have SybTimestamp class and a few others, so
may
> be it does concern this newsgroup slightly. :)
>
> Leon.
>
> "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > Leon,
> >
> > This is best asked of the jConnect team not the EAS Team.
> >
> > Dave Wolf
> > Internet Applications Division
> >
> > "Leon Barmakov" <leonchick@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> > > Hi Evan and all,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your replies.
> > > I can find at least another 5 ways to make this work.
> > > My question is why Sybase hasn't used a serializable object, such as
> > > java.sql.Timestamp.
> > >
> > > JDBC2.0 is a part of J2EE standard, so I think it should take into account

> > the
> > > distributed nature of a beast.
> > >
> > > Please, sent me you thoughts on the subject.

> > returned by

> > which I

> > the other

  Leon Barmakov
  Mr
  Sybase Australia Pty. Ltd.
  Professional Services
                      <lbarmako@sybase.com>
                      HTML Mail

"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:

> Seems there were some changes in the jConnect implementation of
> java.sql.Timestamp interface to support marshalling over RMI
> (Serialization).  My guess is this was fixed on say the server, but not
> fixed in the classes on the client causing the marshall exceptions.
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> "Tiago Hermans" <tiago.hermans@chase.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > I did some more research and it turns out that the "Vector" class itself
> > isn't the problem, but the fact that I add "java.sql.TimeStamp" objects
> into
> > it. That is what caused the "CORBA MARSHAL error 0". I converted the
> object
> > to a "String" and everything works well now, but I wish I didn't have to
> do
> > this. Strange, because the same code works fine when running as Web
> > Application within Sybase EAS 3.6.1 (Jaguar). Its when I try using it as a
> > client that the problem occurs, and it does contain the "JagClient.zip"
> > file.
> >
> > Here's a typical code example that caused the problem:
> > ==========
> >   String last_name, first_name, start;
> >   ResultSet rs;
> >   Object[] sa;
> >   java.sql.Timestamp report_date;
> >   Vector v  = new Vector();
> >   while (rs.next()) {
> >    person_id = rs.getInt(1);
> >    last_name = rs.getString(2);
> >    first_name = rs.getString(3);
> >    report_date = rs.getTimestamp(4);
> >    sa = new Object[] { new Integer(person_id), last_name, first_name,
> > report_date };
> >    v.addElement(sa);
> > }
> > return v;
> > =============
> >
> > I suspect that the client side have some missing classes that cause the
> > deserialization error. Do you still want to see the entire stack trace of
> > the marshall exception?  If so, let me know, as I have make a new built of
> > the EJB.
> >
> > Tiago
> >

> > <Dave_Wolf_[Sybase]> wrote in message
> > > Can I see the entire stack trace of the marshall exception?  What
> classes
> > > are you putting into this vector?
> > >
> > > Dave Wolf
> > > Internet Applications Division

--------------CA7617A96D198D2B54AFF3B8

begin:vcard
n:Barmakov;Leon
tel;cell:0403 252 379
tel;fax:+61 (3) 9520 4022
tel;home:+61 (3) 9808 1795
tel;work:+61 (3) 9520 4036
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Sybase Australia Pty. Ltd.;Professional Services
adr:;;636 St Kilda Road;Melbourne;Victoria;3004;Australia
version:2.1
email;internet:lbarmako@sybase.com
title:Mr
fn:Leon Barmakov
end:vcard

--------------CA7617A96D198D2B54AFF3B8--

0
Leon

Getting Error while Restarting EAServer if queue has persistant messages Error(CtsComponents/MessageService/start: cache=jack_dev_pool: org.omg.CORBA.PERSIST_STORE: minor code: 0 completed: No)
hi all, I am using Java Messaging Queues, If queues has message while I am bouning EAServer, I am getting following Error. (CtsComponents/MessageService/start: cache=jack_dev_pool: org.omg.CORBA.PERSIST_STORE: minor code: 0 completed: No) I am getting ...

Error while calling EJB in EAserver :java.rmi.RemoteException: CORBA UNKNOWN 0
I have combination of JSP and JSPbean calling an EJB1.1 componenent on EAsever 3.6.1 and i run into -------------java.rmi.RemoteException: CORBA UNKNOWN 0 -- on the client side, there is no error in the server log. If I run the same application on the machine where i have developed the code that is a local server of the same version and call the application , the application runs successfully. The development interface I have used is PowerJ. but when i deploy the same ejb-jar to a different machine, I'm not able to call it. I tried deploying thru 2 methods * from powerj * a...

GConf Error: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
I get the following error message when I start the google chrome browser: GConf Error: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0 Chrome starts up and everything looks normal but its not loading the content of the page and the cursor busy signal keeps spinning until I'm asked to kill the unresponding page or wait. If I close down and reopen Chrome enough times eventually I can get it to function properly. Usually when it works my terminal will say: Attempting to load the system libmoon and after that point everything s...

deploy error:Deployment Error Deploying PBDs To Host Repository Location 'n_cst_fhbp0400' EAServer error code: SystemException: CORBA::COMM_FAILURE, exception code: 7
Sir, I deployed my PB components to EAServer 4.2.3.There are over 500 pbl files which would be deployed to EAServer. Most of them were deployed well.But there were some error about last 10 deployed pbl files. The error message like : Deployment Error Deploying PBDs To Host Repository Location 'n_cst_xxxxxx' EAServer error code: SystemException: CORBA::COMM_FAILURE, exception code: 7 I ued command line to deploy my application. Ex: c:\pb80 /workspace d:\cdshop\cdshop.pbw /deploy /output d:\tmp\cdshop.out I think OS socket numbers are not enough. ...

Assembly version 0.0.0.0 error
Recently I added a new web page to the portal project and pasted code in it from another similar page to make life easier but started getting this error. I read other posts but to no avail. I have no clue why this is happening given that almost similar code in another page is working fine. BTW, the page with the error is loaded from javascript code behind a Hyperlink in a datagrid. Please Help Server Error in '/PWCDev' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Could not load type ASPNetPortal.TimeTracker.Web.Billing_OtherChar...

CORBA MARSHALL error
I have a PB 7 app that connects to a Jaguar component to retrieve a dw and place in a dwobject on a window. All is well until I try to do an of_update. Once I setup the proxy stub on the client the app gets an CORBA System Exception:CORBA MARSHALL and the JAG log says System ExceptionLMARSHALL at the line where the component method to retrieve is called. (NOT UPDATE). So it appears that when I add the method to do the update and call transaction services it makes the entire component invalid. I have used the of_update method in another component and it has always worked. Any i...

CORBA MARSHALL error
Does anyone recognize this error I get when running on Jaguar 3.6.1.c on Solaris ? The same code works on my NT server. Jun 14 20:54:59 2001: Factory::find: component 'Facility/FacilityApp': failed to unmarshal primary key for finder 'ejbFindByPrimaryKey' Jun 14 20:54:59 2001: SystemException: MARSHAL (Facility/FacilityApp:Home/findByPrimaryKey - @63.94.106.48) Becky, could be old stubs/skeletons Scott "Becky Smith" <rebecca.smith@trw.com> wrote in message news:2NJId6P9AHA.85@forums.sybase.com... > Does anyone recognize this error I ge...

EJB 2.0 PB 7.0.3 CORBA.NO_PERMISSION ERROR.
hi, When I am trying to call EJB 2.0 stateless component from PB 7, I am getting CORBA.NO_PERMISSION ERROR. I add com.sysbase.jaguar.server.ejb.role.default=everybody in the properties of Jaguar server && bounced the server multiple times. Same bean worked fine with EJB 1.1 thank u raji ...

0.0.0.0 ????
Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? Thanks for educating the uneducated. In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the uneducated. > Any available adapter - i.e. not bound to specific IP address. -- Bloated Elvis In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the une...

Timestamp
we are trying to get one Serialized object (DTO) of data from EAServer java component which is having Timestamp value also. If the object doesn't include Timestamp datatype then it is working. if it has Timestamp it gives CORBA MARSHAL ERROR Rgds, Sen Hi! try converting it to MJD.Timestamp. hth Ulf Nilsson, SPS Sweden <Senthivel_US> wrote in message news:E1309A190D4560280065A05885256CCE.0065A07B85256CCE@webforums... > we are trying to get one Serialized object (DTO) of data from EAServer java > component which is having Timestamp value also. If the obj...

CORBA error deploying to EAServer
All, Excuse me if i'm being naiive here...I don't know CORBA/IDL stuff at all well. I am currently trying to deploy a Java component from PowerJ3.6.1 to Jaguar 3.6.1C3 (Both on JDK1.3.1). The component deployed fine at first but then I added a second method to the class that differed to an existing method only be argument types (ie. the same name). of_SetCurrentNode(int, String, boolean); of_SetCurrentNode(int, String, String, String, boolean); I now get this error when deploying: com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: Unable to add moneo::eXii::m::m30::m3015nv_DOMInter...

MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0
We are getting a MarshalException when calling an EJB from a jsp to return a large result set which is an object. Is there a limitation on the amount of data that can be returned from an EJB. What are the possible work arounds for this problem? (See below for web browser exception and jaguar log file.) Thanks in advance for the help -Mark Kurley Our Configuration: Apache web server running on a different machine than jaguar. ******************** Exception shown on Web browser *************** Error: 500 Location: /Admin/documenttrack/clientinbox.jsp Internal Servlet Er...

EAServer 4.0 Error
Hi, I am new to EAServer. I installed version 4.0 build 40016 on Windows 2000 (same machine as client and server). When I try to ping a ODBC connection it gives an error 'connection refused' and the following error appears in srv.log: Oct 01 08:29:52 2001: Terminating the execution of the method pingByUser of the component Jaguar/CMPing. Oct 01 08:29:52 2001: Received a fatal exception[-1073741819] while executing users method. Aborting Jaguar Server. The ODBC data sources test fine in ODBC admin. I have not changed anything from the default settings when EAS...

EAServer 5.0 Error
I am running EAServer 5.0 on a Windows 2003 server. The installation of EAServer went fine. I can open EAServer Manager and connect to my profile. I was even able to add a connection cache. However, when I right-click on the server and select 'Properties' (I want to set the admin password), EAServer hangs and the service stops. The error message at the end of the log is: A Fatal NT Exception [EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION(0xc0000005)] was received while executing the method 'getServerEnvironmentVariables' of the component 'Jaguar/Management' Any ideas? Th...

Web resources about - CORBA MARSHAL error 0 - sybase.easerver

Marshal of the Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The military rank of Marshal of the Soviet Union was established by a decree of the Soviet Cabinet, the Council of People's Commissars (Sovnarkom), ...

U.S. Marshals Raid Hoverboard Booth at CES
The Agency A-List honors the best shops of the year, regardless of discipline or specialty. Beyond the core A-List, categories include Campaign ...

After 7-minute hearing, US Marshals raid a CES booth
... startup, claims that Changzhou infringed two patents for its Onewheel scooter, pictured here. (credit: Future Motion ) Two United States Marshals ...

U.S. Marshals Raid Hoverboard Booth at CES
The maker of the Onewheel electric skateboard called in federal marshals to shut down the booth of a company making a similar product.

US Marshals raided a booth at CES to seize allegedly counterfeit hoverboards
... Vegas on Thursday were treated to a more dramatic sight than the usual parade of gadgets and hired models showcasing products, when US Marshals ...

FBI And US Marshals Join Search For 'Affluenza' Teen
CBS Local FBI And US Marshals Join Search For 'Affluenza' Teen CBS Local Ethan Couch, 16, has been sentenced to 10 years probation for a June ...

Slain autistic boy's family speaks out on marshals' indictment
Jeremy Mardis' grandmother says things have been "pure hell" after fatal shooting of 6-year-old boy

U.S. Marshals Raid CES Booth To Seize Alleged Knockoff Scooters
... International over the years — live kangaroos, stormtroopers, boxing matches, Seth Rogen — but one thing we’ve never seen before is U.S. marshals ...

Midday open thread: Louisiana cop who witnessed marshals kill a 6-year-old didn't fear for his life
... — Fossil of the Day (@FossiloftheDay) December 11, 2015 • Louisiana cop didn’t fear for his life in fatal shooting of 6-year-old by city marshals ...

Federal marshals raid a booth at CES over patent violation
US marshals raided and shut down a booth at CES on Thursday afternoon, serving a court order to the Chinese company displaying a $500, one-wheeled, ...