Connection from Powerbuilder to Jaguar server

I am trying connect to call Jaguar component method from activex client
built using Powerbuiledr6.0.I have created an oleobject to connect to
Jaguar server1.1.1.
I failed to get the connection to Jaguar server.I have created the
TLB/REG file of the
package in Jaguar Manager.I want to know the details of the connection
from Powerbuilder to Jaguar server1.1.1. I have use the following code
in PB.

------code for PB Activex client----

myoleobject employeeproxy1
 integer result
 employeeproxy1 = Create myoleobject
 result = employeeproxy1.ConnectToNewObject("company.employee")
employeeproxy1.UserName = "sa"
employeeproxy1.Password = ""
employeeproxy1.Host = "Jaguar"
employeeproxy1.initialize()

I am getting the following error :
 Error calling external object function initialize .

waiting for early reply in this regard.
Thanks.
-Jayanta

0
jayanta

Connecting to Jaguar Server from Powerbuilder ActibveX client
As far as I know, connection to Jaguar Server from PB ActiveX client can be done via sybase openclient.Is it possible to connect to Jaguar server from PB activeX client using ODBC ? If possible then how ? where can I get sybase system 11 driver ? Thanks in advance. -Chandu ...

New to EAServer
Thanks for the replies to my earlier post. I have been successful in downloading and installing EAServer4.1 but now when I try to connect to the server frm Jaguar manager it says Server could not be located. The Jaguar server is up and running on port 9000 localhost, any ideas on why can the Jaguar manager not connect to it. Please help. Take a look at the log files in $JAGUAR/bin, specificy jaguar.log to see if any errors are reported. Also, verify that there is an IIOP listener at port 9000 on machine localhost. By default, there is no password to log into Jaguar, and the use...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Can Jaguar manager connect to and administer more than one Jaguar server at the same time?
Can Jaguar manager connect to and administer more than one Jaguar server at the same time? I get a You are already Connected message on attempting the second connection. - Aditya ________________________________ Aditya Bhushan SOFTRA Inc. ________________________________ No you can only administer one server at a time if they share different repositories. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Aditya Bhushan wrote in message ... >Can Jaguar manager connect to and administer more than one Jaguar server at >the same time? >I get a You are already Connected...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Considerations converting powerbuilder connection from the native sql server connection to OLE DB
We have an application which was upgraded from PB8.0.3 to PB9 (original build) . The application formerly used sql servers native connection. The application is now coded to use OLEDB. We are running into minor issues that were not present with the native connection. Example: you have a stored procedure called "sp_test" that has one argument, @dummy. We would normally execute the procedure like this: EXEC sp_test 'test_value' ^ But when using OLE-DB, you have to include the parameter name, like this: EXEC sp_test @dummy='test_value' ^ Now we ...

Cannot connect to Jaguar server
Hi there, 1. Using EAS 3.0 , I made a PB 7.0(build 5031) standard component(with retrieve and update). Made package and connection cash, 2. Using application template I made a PB client application with one window/datawindow . 3. Then I made EXE and changed myclient.ini file. 4. Everything worked fine, and I have been able to connect from any workstation to Jaguar server and call retrieve and update Jaguar was installed on windows NT/WS 4 SP4 After that we installed new hardware - windows NT SERVER 4 with SP5 and workstations with NT/WS 4 and SP4 When I tried to do the ...

could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused
I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated drewmalone@hotmail.com wrote: > I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not > connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware > (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem > it would be greatly appreciated > 1st check whether POP/SMTP servers a...

connecting to jaguar server
I am getting an error "An exception occurred while connection" when i try logging on to the jaguar server from sybase central tool. These are the parms I am using user=jagadmin password= server=localhost port=9000 Can anyone help me. TIA, -bhaskar Where is the Jaguar server installed? Is it running on your own machine? Is localhost set as the listener? Can you telnet to localhost on port 9000? Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division new_user@email.msn.com wrote in message ... >I am getting an error "An exception occurred while connection" whe...

Failed to Get A Valid Database Connection from Jaguar Yet No error was returned from jaguar server
Situation: 1. We are using EAS5 and PB9 components, all is great. 2. Trying out PB10, and have migrated all components to PB10. (Note, a lot of these NVO's are also used in a client/server version of our application, and those NVO's work fine in PB10 in client/server). 3. Deploy all the components to EAS (after deleting all existing PB9 packages). 4. Now when we start Jaguar, we get the error below. Failed to Get A Valid Database Connection from Jaguar Yet No error was returned from Jaguar Server We have a service component that fires on startup, thats why this error...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Jaguar CTS Server Connection
I am using Jaguar server 3.5. How can I run Jaguar server on one PC and Manage it using Jaguar Manager from another PC? Both PC's are NT workstation 4.0 and are on the same office network. Regards, Atul Choudhary achoudr@cvps.com Look in the %JAGUAR%/client directory of your jaguar server. There's an install exe there called JagClient.exe. You can run that on the client machine and install Jaguar Manager. Since your client machine is NT, you should have no problems. Windows 95 machines require some futzing around with some of the batch files. atul Choudhar...

EAServer connecting to LDAP Server
Could I create one connection cache in EAServer connecting to LDAP Server? How? Could someone give me one example? Thanks in advance. We dont support JDAP in our caches, but you could implement your own pool. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "Roger Lou" <rogerlou@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message news:#OuK0zJoAHA.161@forums.sybase.com... > Could I create one connection cache in EAServer connecting to LDAP Server? > How? Could someone give me one example? > > Thanks in advance. > > > ...

Error: Could not connect to PowerBuilder server
We have developed a Web.PB application which is to run on a hosted web running IIS on NT 4.0 (we don't have access to the server). We cannot get beyond the error: Error: Could not connect to PowerBuilder server 'KRASH'. E-Mail: Let me know about it on the Example 2-4, and this error: Error: Could not connect to PowerBuilder server 'PBWEBTEST'. E-Mail: Let me know about it on the Example 1. The webmaster swears the pbweb.ini file is placed in the c:\winnt directory, and location= has been set to his server's IP address. Thank you El.Da. Ing...

Web resources about - Connection from Powerbuilder to Jaguar server - sybase.easerver

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles