connection cache problems (Jaguar)

I tried to define new connection cache for my jaguar server and i couldnt
ping it.

I create ODBC connection to my database and named it: Intranet, then
add new connecton cache Intranet_ODBC with Intranet as a server name and
correct user and password.
Also entered odbc32.ddl and checked odbc connection.
Then I restarted jagurar and all databases.
In ODBC testing connection on Intranet is OK, but ping on connection cache
in Jaguar give me result:
"system couldnt find specified connection cache".
In srv.log there isn't any message about above error.

When I enter other server name for instance SurfSide Video DB pinging
connection cache is OK.

please help

serwer NT 4.0 & Jaguar from C3

0
Adam

Adam,

I'm not sure if this is a type-o in your post or in both places, but you
need to make sure you enter odbc32.dll and not odbc32.ddl.  Everything else
looks OK.

--
Steve Finck
Corporate Technology Partners

Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com
--

Adam Kucelman <adask@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> I tried to define new connection cache for my jaguar server and i couldnt
> ping it.
>
> I create ODBC connection to my database and named it: Intranet, then
> add new connecton cache Intranet_ODBC with Intranet as a server name and
> correct user and password.
> Also entered odbc32.ddl and checked odbc connection.
> Then I restarted jagurar and all databases.
> In ODBC testing connection on Intranet is OK, but ping on connection cache
> in Jaguar give me result:
> "system couldnt find specified connection cache".
> In srv.log there isn't any message about above error.
>
> When I enter other server name for instance SurfSide Video DB pinging
> connection cache is OK.
>
> please help
>
> serwer NT 4.0 & Jaguar from C3

0
Steve
8/9/2000 1:19:08 PM
I made mistake writting previous letter. In Jaguar I had correct dll -->
odbc32.dll.
I was hope I make mistake in typing this, but not.
Everything seems to be OK in configuration but still I have "system couldnt
find specified connection cache" on every new ODBC connection. Only on
SurfSide Video DB ping is OK.
On my working Dynamo's WWW page, Jaguar make correct connection to my ODBC
source. Datawindow is being displayed almost correctly (without polish char
set, but i wrote about this in another mail), but cant make cache connection
on this connection.

Adam

U�ytkownik "Steve Finck" <stevefinck@spam.mindspring.com> napisa� w
wiadomo�ci news:au6LSWgAAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> Adam,
>
> I'm not sure if this is a type-o in your post or in both places, but you
> need to make sure you enter odbc32.dll and not odbc32.ddl.  Everything
else
> looks OK.
>
> --
> Steve Finck
> Corporate Technology Partners
> www.ctpartners.com
>
> Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com
> --
>
> Adam Kucelman <adask@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> > I tried to define new connection cache for my jaguar server and i
couldnt
> > ping it.
> >
> > I create ODBC connection to my database and named it: Intranet, then
> > add new connecton cache Intranet_ODBC with Intranet as a server name and
> > correct user and password.
> > Also entered odbc32.ddl and checked odbc connection.
> > Then I restarted jagurar and all databases.
> > In ODBC testing connection on Intranet is OK, but ping on connection
cache
> > in Jaguar give me result:
> > "system couldnt find specified connection cache".
> > In srv.log there isn't any message about above error.
> >
> > When I enter other server name for instance SurfSide Video DB pinging
> > connection cache is OK.
> >
> > please help
> >
> > serwer NT 4.0 & Jaguar from C3

0
Adam
8/10/2000 7:35:20 AM
Adam -

are you certain that the server name listed in your cache is exactly the
same as the name of your ODBC configuration?

Jenine
> I made mistake writting previous letter. In Jaguar I had correct dll -->
> odbc32.dll.
> I was hope I make mistake in typing this, but not.
> Everything seems to be OK in configuration but still I have "system
couldnt
> find specified connection cache" on every new ODBC connection. Only on
> SurfSide Video DB ping is OK.
> On my working Dynamo's WWW page, Jaguar make correct connection to my ODBC
> source. Datawindow is being displayed almost correctly (without polish
char
> set, but i wrote about this in another mail), but cant make cache
connection
> on this connection.
>
> Adam
>
> U�ytkownik "Steve Finck" <stevefinck@spam.mindspring.com> napisa� w
> wiadomo�ci news:au6LSWgAAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> > Adam,
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is a type-o in your post or in both places, but you
> > need to make sure you enter odbc32.dll and not odbc32.ddl.  Everything
> else
> > looks OK.
> >
> > --
> > Steve Finck
> > Corporate Technology Partners
> > www.ctpartners.com
> >
> > Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com
> > --
> >
> > Adam Kucelman <adask@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> > > I tried to define new connection cache for my jaguar server and i
> couldnt
> > > ping it.
> > >
> > > I create ODBC connection to my database and named it: Intranet, then
> > > add new connecton cache Intranet_ODBC with Intranet as a server name
and
> > > correct user and password.
> > > Also entered odbc32.ddl and checked odbc connection.
> > > Then I restarted jagurar and all databases.
> > > In ODBC testing connection on Intranet is OK, but ping on connection
> cache
> > > in Jaguar give me result:
> > > "system couldnt find specified connection cache".
> > > In srv.log there isn't any message about above error.
> > >
> > > When I enter other server name for instance SurfSide Video DB pinging
> > > connection cache is OK.
> > >
> > > please help
> > >
> > > serwer NT 4.0 & Jaguar from C3

0
Jenine
8/10/2000 12:44:27 PM
Adam,

Are we working locally on your own machine, or is Jaguar installed on an NT
Server somewhere else?  Are you running Jaguar Manager on your local machine
or on Jaguar?  The ODBC Connection has to be set up on the machine where
Jaguar is running.

--
Steve Finck
Corporate Technology Partners
www.ctpartners.com

Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com
--

Adam Kucelman <adask@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> I made mistake writting previous letter. In Jaguar I had correct dll -->
> odbc32.dll.
> I was hope I make mistake in typing this, but not.
> Everything seems to be OK in configuration but still I have "system
couldnt
> find specified connection cache" on every new ODBC connection. Only on
> SurfSide Video DB ping is OK.
> On my working Dynamo's WWW page, Jaguar make correct connection to my ODBC
> source. Datawindow is being displayed almost correctly (without polish
char
> set, but i wrote about this in another mail), but cant make cache
connection
> on this connection.
>
> Adam
>
> U�ytkownik "Steve Finck" <stevefinck@spam.mindspring.com> napisa� w
> wiadomo�ci news:au6LSWgAAHA.203@forums.sybase.com...
> > Adam,
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is a type-o in your post or in both places, but you
> > need to make sure you enter odbc32.dll and not odbc32.ddl.  Everything
> else
> > looks OK.
> >
> > --
> > Steve Finck
> > Corporate Technology Partners
> > www.ctpartners.com
> >
> > Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com
> > --
> >
> > Adam Kucelman <adask@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> > > I tried to define new connection cache for my jaguar server and i
> couldnt
> > > ping it.
> > >
> > > I create ODBC connection to my database and named it: Intranet, then
> > > add new connecton cache Intranet_ODBC with Intranet as a server name
and
> > > correct user and password.
> > > Also entered odbc32.ddl and checked odbc connection.
> > > Then I restarted jagurar and all databases.
> > > In ODBC testing connection on Intranet is OK, but ping on connection
> cache
> > > in Jaguar give me result:
> > > "system couldnt find specified connection cache".
> > > In srv.log there isn't any message about above error.
> > >
> > > When I enter other server name for instance SurfSide Video DB pinging
> > > connection cache is OK.
> > >
> > > please help
> > >
> > > serwer NT 4.0 & Jaguar from C3

0
Steve
8/10/2000 5:15:18 PM
Each test I did on NT Server. Both ODBC connection and Jaguar Manager I
defined on server.
I checked everything and still error.
I have 4 databases running on server. To all of them i have ODBC connections
defined on server.
Each of them runs on another TCP/IP port.
In Jaguar Manager I opened connection cache and defined new connection. It
pings OK only on SurfSide Video DB.
On every other ODBC connection on every runnig database I get "system could
not find specified connection cache".
Test connection in ODBC connections is OK. Everythink I made on server.

Maybe somethng in TCP/IP ports ? are there any limits in listeninng ports in
Jaguar ?
What special is in SurfSide Video DB ? I cant see any differencies in ODBC
definitions !!!

Adam

0
Adam
8/11/2000 6:50:38 AM
Is your Database Server running on the same machine as Jaguar?  If the
database is on the same machine as Jaguar, what happens if you don't use the
database server, i.e. point the ODBC conection directly to the database?
You mentioned different ports for each database, are you running one
database server for each database?  Why not run multiple databases on the
same server, using one ip address and port?

--

> Each test I did on NT Server. Both ODBC connection and Jaguar Manager I
> defined on server.
> I checked everything and still error.
> I have 4 databases running on server. To all of them i have ODBC
connections
> defined on server.
> Each of them runs on another TCP/IP port.
> In Jaguar Manager I opened connection cache and defined new connection. It
> pings OK only on SurfSide Video DB.
> On every other ODBC connection on every runnig database I get "system
could
> not find specified connection cache".
> Test connection in ODBC connections is OK. Everythink I made on server.
>
> Maybe somethng in TCP/IP ports ? are there any limits in listeninng ports
in
> Jaguar ?
> What special is in SurfSide Video DB ? I cant see any differencies in ODBC
> definitions !!!
>
> Adam

0
Steve
8/11/2000 6:15:31 PM
Some databases are running on the same server but i have also some on the
other. Pointing ODBC connection directly on database gave no effect. Still
the same error.
I use multiple databases because it was easier to me.
I have one database server with few databases on the other NT server, so i
had to use other tcp/ip port on my test server. Now I have 3 databases (i
turned off one) for different purposes: component manager, powerdymano's
source for www pages, surfside database (just for learning). I tried to make
connection cache to databases on the same server and on the other too. Still
the same.

wiadomo�ci news:rIVSVF8AAHA.270@forums.sybase.com...
> Is your Database Server running on the same machine as Jaguar?  If the
> database is on the same machine as Jaguar, what happens if you don't use
the
> database server, i.e. point the ODBC conection directly to the database?
> You mentioned different ports for each database, are you running one
> database server for each database?  Why not run multiple databases on the
> same server, using one ip address and port?
>
> --
> Steve Finck
> Corporate Technology Partners
> www.ctpartners.com
>
> Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com
> --
>
> Adam Kucelman <adask@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> > Each test I did on NT Server. Both ODBC connection and Jaguar Manager I
> > defined on server.
> > I checked everything and still error.
> > I have 4 databases running on server. To all of them i have ODBC
> connections
> > defined on server.
> > Each of them runs on another TCP/IP port.
> > In Jaguar Manager I opened connection cache and defined new connection.
It
> > pings OK only on SurfSide Video DB.
> > On every other ODBC connection on every runnig database I get "system
> could
> > not find specified connection cache".
> > Test connection in ODBC connections is OK. Everythink I made on server.
> >
> > Maybe somethng in TCP/IP ports ? are there any limits in listeninng
ports
> in
> > Jaguar ?
> > What special is in SurfSide Video DB ? I cant see any differencies in
ODBC
> > definitions !!!
> >
> > Adam

0
Adam
8/14/2000 7:41:05 AM
Adam,

I'm not sure how you have your databases configured, but I would suggest
setting up your development databases such that they are all running on the
same database server, i.e. surfside video and any other development
databases that you are using.  This is how we set ours up in development and
everything works fine.  I understand that you need to have separate
databases running for the component manager and powerdynamo.

--

> Some databases are running on the same server but i have also some on the
> other. Pointing ODBC connection directly on database gave no effect. Still
> the same error.
> I use multiple databases because it was easier to me.
> I have one database server with few databases on the other NT server, so i
> had to use other tcp/ip port on my test server. Now I have 3 databases (i
> turned off one) for different purposes: component manager, powerdymano's
> source for www pages, surfside database (just for learning). I tried to
make
> connection cache to databases on the same server and on the other too.
Still
> the same.
>
> Adam
>
> U�ytkownik "Steve Finck" <stevefinck@spam.mindspring.com> napisa� w
> wiadomo�ci news:rIVSVF8AAHA.270@forums.sybase.com...
> > Is your Database Server running on the same machine as Jaguar?  If the
> > database is on the same machine as Jaguar, what happens if you don't use
> the
> > database server, i.e. point the ODBC conection directly to the database?
> > You mentioned different ports for each database, are you running one
> > database server for each database?  Why not run multiple databases on
the
> > same server, using one ip address and port?
> >
> > --
> > Steve Finck
> > Corporate Technology Partners
> > www.ctpartners.com
> >
> > Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com
> > --
> >
> > Adam Kucelman <adask@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> > > Each test I did on NT Server. Both ODBC connection and Jaguar Manager
> > > defined on server.
> > > I checked everything and still error.
> > > I have 4 databases running on server. To all of them i have ODBC
> > connections
> > > defined on server.
> > > Each of them runs on another TCP/IP port.
> > > In Jaguar Manager I opened connection cache and defined new
connection.
> It
> > > pings OK only on SurfSide Video DB.
> > > On every other ODBC connection on every runnig database I get "system
> > could
> > > not find specified connection cache".
> > > Test connection in ODBC connections is OK. Everythink I made on
server.

> > > Maybe somethng in TCP/IP ports ? are there any limits in listeninng
> ports
> > in
> > > Jaguar ?
> > > What special is in SurfSide Video DB ? I cant see any differencies in
> ODBC
> > > definitions !!!
> > >
> > > Adam

0
Steve
8/14/2000 3:22:16 PM
You are right. It's much better to have databases organized like You wrote.
I did so, but it's still the problem same with connection cache in Jaguar.
Now I am sure that I did everything correct in configuration connection
caches.
Maybe it's problem with incompatible ebf's between EAS and ASA ?
I had similiar problem with PowerSite & ASA (later ebf's then 6.0.3.2747).
It simply didnt work, so I had to make regression to previous instalations.
Now I have no time, to do this on server, but i think it's the only way to
make it work.
Please tell me build's number on which do You work.

Adam

0
Adam
8/17/2000 6:00:51 AM
ASA 6.0.2.2188
EAS 3.5 Build 35042

--

> You are right. It's much better to have databases organized like You
wrote.
> I did so, but it's still the problem same with connection cache in Jaguar.
> Now I am sure that I did everything correct in configuration connection
> caches.
> Maybe it's problem with incompatible ebf's between EAS and ASA ?
> I had similiar problem with PowerSite & ASA (later ebf's then 6.0.3.2747).
> It simply didnt work, so I had to make regression to previous
instalations.
> Now I have no time, to do this on server, but i think it's the only way to
> make it work.
> Please tell me build's number on which do You work.
>
> Adam

0
Steve

Jaguar connection cache Active connection problem
Whenever any method in my custom dw component fails, e.g. setdwobject failed or retrieveex failed, then since generate is not called in PD script, there remains one active database connection. I am connecting to the database in activate event. For each failed method it goes on increasing active connection and gives problem to our DBAs and in turn to us. Can anyone help us how to solve this. After each method fails, we have return statment in PowerDynamo script. Just call generate, or any method that calls setComplete() internally. There is no way around this unless you want to rel...

Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1
Hello all, I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used (Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it do...

Jaguar Connection Cache Problem
Hey Group, I am going through the eMusic sample application and have been trying to the the configurations in place. I have created the eMusic DSN and gone through the exercise of defining the connection cache in Jaguar, however when I try to ping the datasource from Jaguar I get an error Message from Jaguar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ping of eMusic ODBC Connection Cache failed: The ping operation did not complete successfully. The ODBC connection call failed. Check the Jaguar server's log file for more details. Message in J...

Some problem about informix connection cache in EAServer
Hello everybody, I have a informix7 database , and when I use odbc to connect database , the value about integer datatype column will display �u0�v . In client/Server , I can fix it by setting DB profile�G Database Profile Ssetup-->ODBC-->Transaction-->Cursors I can set it to �uCursor Library�v, and the integer column will display correct value. But now , when I using connection Cache in EAServer, Even I set this property in SQLCA, the integer column still display a wrong value . How can I fix this problem in informix7 database? Thanks a lot. Modify your pbodb70.ini o...

Jaguar 1.2 connection cache problem
Dear Newsgroup. When starting Jaguar with JVM 1.2 our DB2 connection caches (via COM/ibm/db2/jdbc/app/DB2Driver) give us the following (on ping in Manager): Ping ... failed: JCM.getCache()could not retrieve cache for user/password/server values. com.sybase.jaguar.util.Exception: The connection cache was not found. If we switch back to 1.1 everything is OK. Maybe anyone came across the same problem already? Help, please. Thanks, Victor, Does the DB2 Driver include a JDBC2 ConnectionPoolDataSource implementation? Also, did yoiu add the DB2 driver location to the BOOTCLA...

Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

Oracle Connection Cache Problem In EAServer 5.0
Hi, I create a connection cache for oracle using JDBC Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver is class12.jar JDBC class being used is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Server entry is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid Connection cache pings OK from jaguar manager EAServer v5.0 Jaguar Manager is running JDK1.3. When attempting to connect to the connection cache from a PowerBuilder NVO, however connection established but following error is loged in EAServer log every time a 'connect' or 'disconnect' statement execute. java.sql.SQLException: Overf...

Connection cache problem with EAServer 4.2.2
Hi, We are running EAServer 4.2.2 (Build 42211) on Win2k. I am getting the following message in my server log: Jun 02 18:13:06 2005: Maximum number of connections for POL cache exceeded POL is the name of the cache. As far as I understand there is only one setting controlling the pool maximum size: com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.poolsize.max That one is synonymous to com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.cachesize. That is for the pool only. Is there a setting controlling the maximum number of connections in 4.2, like com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.poolmanager.maxconnection in 5.0? If...

EAServer 6.3 Oracle Connection Cache problem
Hi there, We have a connection cache configured to an Oracle 9i database and have a limit on the number of connections. When accessing the web application via a browser, refreshing the page rapidly a few times results in a broken connection cache. The cache cannot be pinged and PowerBuilder cannot connect to the cache via SQLCA. The only way to restore the cache is either via refreshing the cache, or restarting the server. This occurs in a development environment using a development version of EAServer 6.3 for Windows. The Oracle server is also installed on the same hos...

connection cache problem Connection not open
I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time. Then I will get this error. Is there a timeout or something? SQLSTATE = 08003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open also, some time i get this error: Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Open Cursor. Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Close failure. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Jaguar Memory Error: invalid prefix (40000002) for memory block (3109F9E0) (probably caused by the continued use of a freed memory block) ...

Problem with connection cache EASERVER 5.1/ASE 12.5.1
I have just migrated our application of EASERVER 4.2.4 (developer edition) towards EASERVER 5.1 (licensed advanced edition). I have two connection cache (ODBC, JDBC) with a ASE 12.5.1. it's a mixed-site PowerDynamo (ODBC) and JSP (JDBC). I have this problem which occurs in a random way (ODBC Cache) : oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: Error: An attempt was made to obtain an XA connection from cache: 'intermetiers', but 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed for this server. oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: RetrieveEX Failed, DB message below oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: Canno...

Jaguar 3.5 EBF#2 & JDBC Connection Cache problem
I was able to successfully setup an Oracle JDBC 8.1.6 (thin) connect cache in Jaguar 3.5. I'm currently attempting to reproduce that cache on a new machine with Jaguar 3.5 & EBF#2, but I've been unsuccessful. I've double checked the patch release notes and the CLASSPATH & BOOTCLASSPATH settings between the two machines. When I attempt to ping on the machine with EBF#2 I get: ping of d2db connection cached failed: JCM.getCache() could not retrieve cache for the user/password/server values supplied com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: The connection cach...

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Web resources about - connection cache problems (Jaguar) - sybase.easerver

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...

"News Feed" For Slower Connections: Facebook's Strategy To Build A Stronger User Base
The changes in News Feed will more efficiently show relevant stories in a slow connection and let users compose comments when they are offline. ...