Connect to Jaguar from client

Can anyone tell how to connect jaguar server from workstation ( Windows 98)
??
I have install Jaguar in Server NT and powersite in Workstation.
I want to develop powersite in workstation that connect to Jaguar Server ???
I don't no how to connect it ???
I have tried with Build "HTML Datawindow DTC Page ", when i tried to connect
it give error "Communication failure connecting to jaguar server
EDISERVER:9000,......."

TIA

Regards
Daniel Fransius

0
Daniel

Daniel,

Could you clarify a couple of things. I'm assuming that you have jaguar
installed on an NT Server, and you are connecting from a seperate PC Client? Is
this right?

If so I take it you have mapped the server drive onto your client PC. Which I
take it is called EDISERVER?

I believe you must have Jaguar up and running on your server, when connecting
from client.

If you right click on your html dw and go to dw properties. Click on the jaguar
tab and click the enable jaguar component box. Then click on the Jaguar servers
button and make sure you have the server name in the box ie. ediserver:9000.
Click apply.
The ediserver:9000 should be on the list in front of you. Expand that link, and
you should have Datawindow below it. Expand that link and you should see
htmlgenerator below that. Click on the set button and you should be off and
running.

HTH

Davlon

Daniel Fransius wrote:

> Can anyone tell how to connect jaguar server from workstation ( Windows 98)
> ??
> I have install Jaguar in Server NT and powersite in Workstation.
> I want to develop powersite in workstation that connect to Jaguar Server ???
> I don't no how to connect it ???
> I have tried with Build "HTML Datawindow DTC Page ", when i tried to connect
> it give error "Communication failure connecting to jaguar server
> EDISERVER:9000,......."
>
> TIA
>
> Regards
> Daniel Fransius

0
Davlon
9/20/1999 11:41:45 AM
Have you setup the Jaguar server to listen on a given port?

Can you connect to Jaguar from Jaguar Manager?

If you are connecting from another server you should specify that jaguar is
listening on an IP or host name. I have a small example on setting up Jaguar
on my web site. http://www.powerobjects.com look under Jaguar. Note if you
set a password for jagadmin make sure to remove the demo code. I remove all
the dome code but I think you must remove the service component as a
minimum.

--
Dean Jones, CPD Professional 6.0
Team Sybase

Daniel Fransius wrote in message ...
>Can anyone tell how to connect jaguar server from workstation ( Windows 98)
>??
>I have install Jaguar in Server NT and powersite in Workstation.
>I want to develop powersite in workstation that connect to Jaguar Server
???
>I don't no how to connect it ???
>I have tried with Build "HTML Datawindow DTC Page ", when i tried to
connect
>it give error "Communication failure connecting to jaguar server
>EDISERVER:9000,......."
>
>TIA
>
>Regards
>Daniel Fransius

0
Dean
9/20/1999 9:55:30 PM
> Daniel,
>
> Could you clarify a couple of things. I'm assuming that you have jaguar
> installed on an NT Server, and you are connecting from a seperate PC
Client? Is
> this right?
>
> If so I take it you have mapped the server drive onto your client PC.
Which I
> take it is called EDISERVER?
>
> I believe you must have Jaguar up and running on your server, when
connecting
> from client.

Yes, i connecting from seperate PC. I already setup the Jaguar Server for
iIOP, TDS and HTTP for listeners in server NT.

> If you right click on your html dw and go to dw properties. Click on the
jaguar
> tab and click the enable jaguar component box. Then click on the Jaguar
servers
> button and make sure you have the server name in the box ie.
ediserver:9000.
> Click apply.
> The ediserver:9000 should be on the list in front of you. Expand that
link, and
> you should have Datawindow below it. Expand that link and you should see
> htmlgenerator below that. Click on the set button and you should be off
and
> running.
>
> HTH
>
> Davlon

I  already setup in my html dw, when i try to expand that link, it give me
the same error  ( In Client PC).

If  i tried in server NT, that was no problem.

Any other idea.

TIA

0
Daniel
9/21/1999 2:56:57 AM
Thank's Dean.
I have setup jaguar server according to your introduction in your website
http://www.powerobjects.com
I still have the same error when i tried to create/connect in html Dw.
Any idea.

TIA
Daniel Fransius

Dean Jones [TeamSybase] <dean@powerobjects.com> wrote in message
> Have you setup the Jaguar server to listen on a given port?
>
> Can you connect to Jaguar from Jaguar Manager?
>
> If you are connecting from another server you should specify that jaguar
is
> listening on an IP or host name. I have a small example on setting up
Jaguar
> on my web site. http://www.powerobjects.com look under Jaguar. Note if you
> set a password for jagadmin make sure to remove the demo code. I remove
all
> the dome code but I think you must remove the service component as a
> minimum.
>
> --
> Dean Jones, CPD Professional 6.0
> Team Sybase
> PowerTeam, Inc.
> www.powerobjects.com
> dean@powerobjects.com
>
> Daniel Fransius wrote in message ...
> >Can anyone tell how to connect jaguar server from workstation ( Windows
98)
> >??
> >I have install Jaguar in Server NT and powersite in Workstation.
> >I want to develop powersite in workstation that connect to Jaguar Server
> ???
> >I don't no how to connect it ???
> >I have tried with Build "HTML Datawindow DTC Page ", when i tried to
> connect
> >it give error "Communication failure connecting to jaguar server
> >EDISERVER:9000,......."
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >Regards
> >Daniel Fransius

0
Daniel

Client Connection Information and Remote Stop Connection in Jaguar
In DBP, the PB functions "GetServerInfo" and "RemoteStopConnection" are used to retrieve client application connection information and to disconnect a client from the server application by the client application with administrative privileges. But in Jaguar, we cannot use these functions to implement the same functionality. For retrieving connection information, we could use the functions "JagGetUserName", "JagGetPeerAddress", and "JadGetPassword". How can I invoke these functions? I want to know which DLL file I should call in the local...

PB client connect to Jaguar??
Hello all, I'm trying to connect to a Jaguar Server from within PowerBuilder. The whitepaper Jaguar & Powerbuilder at http://www.powersoft.com/products/jaguar/jag_pb.html says it is possible to setup a datasource connection to jaguar. I've done the following: Installed Jaguar on a machine called ws-internettest. Started the server and it runs fine. Edited sql.ini to reflect the machine name (changed localhost to ws-internettest) Installed Jaguar on my local machine (actually this was prior to installing Jaguar on the other machine), so I have the open client soft...

PB client connections to Jaguar
I have been surprised recently to find that a PB client holds its sessions to Jaguar no matter what. I even destroy the connection object and this does not release it. It seems the PB runtime has implemented a behind the scenes cache of which I have no control. When I exit the application I finally see the session close in runtime monitoring of IIOP sessions. We have a large base of users who have a tendency to leave their app running all day. I don't wish for the app sessions to hog a jaguar connection all day(I don't have the luxury of unlimited licensing) Ideally, I ...

ODBC Client connecting to Jaguar
I am attempting to create an ODBC Sybase 10 or 11 connection to Jaguar and seem to be having problems. I get an ODBC error saying an error occured but the driver doesn't know what it is. I can connect using native Sybase drivers(to Jaguar) and can connect to a Sybase system 10 database using these ODBC drivers. I need to be able to connect using ODBC because some of the components created would be used by Access and Visual Basic. Anyone have any ideas or gotten it to work?(Jaguar is on Solaris) Thanks Neil Sowers iac151@mhi.iasd.usa.com ...

Connecting to Jaguar from client PC
Hi, We have EAStudio loaded onto our web server which called INETDEV. I have mapped the inetdev web server C:\ drive(which houses EAStudio) onto my own PC so I can update our site more easily. When I try and set up the jaguar server I need to set up the server name, port etc... When I browse through Server name to find Inetdev server it goes through fine. When I click apply it goes bang, my dial up networking comes up and the whole system seizes, and then powersite shuts down. I guess that I'm not setting up my remote connection from client to server properly or there's some...

Unable to connect to Jaguar as a client
Hi, I'm trying to connect to the Jaguar server as a user other than jagadmin. I configured the server to enable the OS authentication following the procedure on System Administration Guide manual. But I still get an error message when I try to connect to the server in PowerJ's deploy option: The connection failed for the following reason: could not connect due to exception: org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: minor code: 0 complete No. I tested the NT connection out of the Jaguar and it's OK. What's the problem? Did you say you can or cannot connect to jaguar from jag...

PB Client -> Connecting to Jaguar
Hi, I'm trying to animate the user while he is connecting to Jaguar but I can't get it work! I tried the timer event, the timer object and multiple threads. The main problem is that when using multiple threads I cannot pass the connection object as an argument! Anyone any ideas, I can't be the first to try this? Regards, Geert What do you mean by "animate the user"? If you are talking about trying to show some kind of animation during the login to Jaguar, then you could try using an animated GIF on a picture control. "Geert Claes" <Ge...

Client connection/session after Jaguar restart
Hello, Used environment: EAS 3.6.1 ESD4 and PB 7.0.3 10135 We noticed that when we started a client application and the Jaguar server is stopped and restarted (e.g. the following day) that the client application still works (It was not logged off). This looks great but unfortunately not all data in the server component is persistent in our component so information like the user-id is lost while this is necessary in the log files. I don't know whether there is a way/configuration setting in Jaguar to force the client applications that did have a connection/session (how...

Connecting to Jaguar components with a VB client
Hello all, I already checked out the existing items about how to connect to a PB component on jaguar via Visual Basic. And I already managed to connect, create a session and a PB component. But a simple operation call 'of_ping()' returning a string fails with the following error: " Run-time error '8011': Either the metadata for method 'of_ping()' on component basecamp/n_bli_securitymgr could not be read from the NT registry or the method of_ping is using parameter types that are not presently supported in the Jaguar ActiveX Proxy. " Now, I thin...

Can I connect to Jaguar from DELPHI Client ??
If yes, how can I make this OS WIN NT 4 SP 6 EAS 3.5 DELPHI 4 You'll have to use a COM interface -- generate REG/TLB files for your Jag components from JagManager and deploy the jagproxy.dll you the Delphi client. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Mirko Di Tommaso" <m.ditommaso@theorematica.it> wrote in message news:bKB2DXgAAHA.130@forums.sybase.com... > If yes, how can I make this > > OS WIN NT 4 SP 6 > EAS 3.5 > DELPHI 4 > &...

Monitoring client connections to Jaguar CTS
We are developing an application using Powerbuilder 7 clients and Powerbuilder 7 NVOs running on a Jaguar server. We would like to write a Jaguar service component to monitor client connections to the Jaguar server. The purpose of this component is to detect when a client connection is terminated for an unexpected reason (ie power failure, fatal exception etc) and clear up any locks that the client has left in the database. In distributed powerbuilder I could have used GetServerInfo to get a list of current connections. Is it possible to do something similar in Jaguar ? I can se...

Closing client connection on client
Hi. Sometimes when connecting to a data snap server, my SQLConnection.Connect hangs, and trying to close it (or the associated DBXConnection ) from another thread does not help. Is there a way to get a hold of the client socket and close that instead, or perhaps raise an exception inside the thread making it snap out of it? It seems like the application stops at a select() call, and from what i recall, closing the socket should make select return. If the timeout setting would work that would be optimal but it does not. Forcefully killing the thread does not seem like the correc...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Jaguar Client Library 11 Connection Cache
Hi, I have a challenge creating a connection cache using Client library 11 driver. Attached is a copy of my jaguar error log when I ping the cache. Thanks for your help. Kenny begin 666 jaguar.txt M4V5P(#$Y(#$P.C Q.C4V(#(P,#(Z( T*4WEB87-E($5N=&5R<')I<V4@07!P M;&EC871I;VX@4V5R=F5R("A!9'9A;F-E9"!%9&ET:6]N*0T*4V5P(#$Y(#$P M.C Q.C4V(#(P,#(Z($IA9W5A<B!#5%,@+2!#;VUP;VYE;G0@5')A;G-A8W1I M;VX@4V5R=F5R+U9E<G-I;VX@-"XP+C @*$)U:6QD(#0P,#$V*2]0+U!#($EN M=&5L+U=I;F1O=W,@3E0@-"XP+T]05"]!=6<@,S @,C P,2 Q-#HP,SHR,0T* M#0I#;VYF:6...

Web resources about - Connect to Jaguar from client - sybase.easerver

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Australian app Sociabl connects fan with their idols
Just into their 20s, cousins Brandon Reynolds and Jarrad Hrotek are set to launch a video call app that connects celebrities with their fans ...

Ford Seeks Out Software to Connect Drones With F-150s
Next time a devastating tsunami or earthquake strikes, Ford Motor Co. wants the rapid-response vehicle to be an F-150 pickup with a drone in ...

Movesum step-tracking app connects how you move with what you eat
... your funny bone . Movesum Lifesum - Healthier living, better eating, more movement Pedometer++ Moves Movesum step-tracking app connects ...

Ford seeks out software to connect drones with F-150s
News about global automotive manufacturing, with an emphasis on U.S. production.

"When Chris Wallace asks Bush if he squandered his initial advantage by failing to come up with a 'message' ...
"... which the media cares about more than he does. Instead, Bush wants to talk about how he's 'on the ballot in every state,' which is 'hard' ...

How different networking standards are competing to connect the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) — a vast network of connected devices — is set to become the world’s largest device market over the next decade, ...

SanDisk’s Wireless Connect 200GB Flash Drive Streams and Shares Without Plugging In
The SanDisk Wireless Connect 200GB flash drive is just huge. Besides its size, it also connects over password protected Wi-Fi to let you transfer ...