Components calling other components

Hi,

I have a Java component that calls methods on other Java components inside
Jaguar (2.0 on NT).
To do that I had to insert the Jaguar iiop address in the calling component
code.
Is there any other way to do that? Maybe some function that gets the current
environment (Name
Server)?

thanks
Eduardo Kamada

0
Eduardo

On intercomponent calls, and you can see SVU for an example.  You dont need to
create a Manager and Session for an intercomponent call, as the in process orb
can verify user credentials that were passed to the root component.  The
intercomponent call would look like

  java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties();
  props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass", "com.sybase.CORBA.ORB");
  ORB orb = ORB.init((String[])null, props);
   metadata = SVUMetaDataHelper.narrow(
                orb.string_to_object("SVU/SVUMetaData"));

So in this case, since you dont create a Manager, you dont need an IOR either.

Dave Wolf
EAServer Product Team

Eduardo Kamada wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Java component that calls methods on other Java components inside
> Jaguar (2.0 on NT).
> To do that I had to insert the Jaguar iiop address in the calling component
> code.
> Is there any other way to do that? Maybe some function that gets the current
> environment (Name
> Server)?
>
> thanks
> Eduardo Kamada

0
David
12/3/1998 5:18:28 PM
Also, you can use "iiop://localhost:0" for your Manager
URL, but the method Dave mentioned allows you to use
the client's credentials for the new component, and
requires less user code.

David Wolf wrote:

> On intercomponent calls, and you can see SVU for an example.  You dont need to
> create a Manager and Session for an intercomponent call, as the in process orb
> can verify user credentials that were passed to the root component.  The
> intercomponent call would look like
>
>   java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties();
>   props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass", "com.sybase.CORBA.ORB");
>   ORB orb = ORB.init((String[])null, props);
>    metadata = SVUMetaDataHelper.narrow(
>                 orb.string_to_object("SVU/SVUMetaData"));
>
> So in this case, since you dont create a Manager, you dont need an IOR either.
>
> Dave Wolf
> EAServer Product Team
>
> Eduardo Kamada wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Java component that calls methods on other Java components inside
> > Jaguar (2.0 on NT).
> > To do that I had to insert the Jaguar iiop address in the calling component
> > code.
> > Is there any other way to do that? Maybe some function that gets the current
> > environment (Name
> > Server)?
> >
> > thanks
> > Eduardo Kamada

Evan Ireland (eireland@sybase.com)
Jaguar CTS Engineering
0
Evan

Component to component method call passing a component reference.
From all investigation this seems like something I should be able to do, but.... I have a stateless component named "n_manager" that through createinstance() gets references to three stateful components named "n_comtest1", "n_comtest2", and "n_comtester". I then wish to call a method on the instance of "n_comtester" passing the references to "n_comtest1" and "n_comtest2". The IDL generated for the "of_test" function I'm calling is: interface n_comtester : n_combase { string of_test...

Components in Components
I'm finishing up on a component that I've been creating at run-time but thought I'd go ahead and compile it and add it to my palette. The component contains a number of TPersistent components and a couple of TComponents. It's working well, and it compiles OK, but in the Object Inspector each of the TComponent properties has a drop-down control next to it, as if I was supposed to pick a component from a list. What is going on with this? Do I need to define the owner differently, or specify a parent-lik e object? I'd rather it just list the name of the class, like how i...

Inter component communication ( how to call java , ejb component in power builder ( NVO ) component.
Inter component communication ( how to call java , ejb component in power builder ( NVO ) component. I have a PowerBuilder (NVO ) service component, with this I want to call a EJB component ( javamail ejb ). Please tell me how I can achieve this ??? any example then please share with me ...

Inter component communication ( how to call java , ejb component in power builder ( NVO ) component.
Hi All, How to write Error message in EASever Log File from a powerbuilder com ? I have created PowerBuilder component and there I am writing some functions and in case of getting any error I want to write error In log file. If any one have any example then Please share it Thanks This is better posted in the one of the easerver groups. But - //********************** transactionserver ts errorlogging el long ll_ret // get transaction server ll_ret = GetContextService( "TransactionServer", ts ) //Get errorlogging GetContextService( "...

Inter component communication ( how to call java , ejb component in power builder ( NVO ) component. #2
Inter component communication ( how to call java , ejb component in power builder ( NVO ) component. I have a PowerBuilder (NVO ) service component, with this I want to call a EJB component ( javamail ejb ). Please tell me how I can achieve this ??? any example then please share with me The major difference between a client application call and an intercomponent call is that you just need to do a GetContextService("TransactionServer", ts) to establish a connection to your transaction server, instead of using a connection. Chapter 23 of Application Te...

Component calling another component in cluster
I have a Jag PB component which I want to call another PB Component on the same Cluster using the built in load balancing (currently using round-robin). When I run it, it seems to only run on the same server as the first component, and not load balanced. Here is sample code from the first Jag PB component: JaguarOrb l_JaguarOrb CORBAObject l_CorbaObject sessionmanager_manager l_manager sessionmanager_session l_session sessionmanager_factory l_factory nstatus_n_status mystatus long ll_return l_JaguarOrb = CREATE JaguarOrb ll_return = l_JaguarOrb.init("ORBSocketReuse...

pb component calls EJB component
--------------ACFD15E3B005B4786EDD72EF Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have a pb component calls a EJB component, the codes is below, do I need to destroy these variable before return ? ejb_exchangeHome lo_home // #2 ejb_exchange lo_instance // #3 String ls_ejb, ls_ejbhome JaguarORB l_orb CORBAObject l_cor Manager l_mgr Session l_ses // call the ejb codes ......... // end Do I need add these codes to destroy all the variables? destroy lo_home destroy lo_instance destroy l_orb destroy...

Calling Java Component from a PB Component
I have a java component that I want to call from a PB component within the same Jaguar server. I can write a pb client that calls the java component and everything works, but when I try to call the java component from the pb component, it fails because it cannot find the java component. This is the error message. Exception 'CosNaming::NamingContext::NotFound' in Session::lookup for component 'IDJavaMailPackage/IDJavaMail' My first question, is do you have to generate a pb proxy just so you can write the code? It seemed that way to me, so I have a pb proxy for IDJav...

Can I call a BEA component from a Jaguar component?
Hi We use EAS 3.6.1 Build 36105 as our application server. I want to call a function on a component on another application server. This is a BEA server. If this is possible, can anyone give me some tips on how to code this. Thanks in advance Anders Rodahl U�ytkownik "Anders Rodahl" <aro@brreg.no> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:wRl6959vCHA.198@forums.sybase.com... > Hi > > We use EAS 3.6.1 Build 36105 as our application server. > > I want to call a function on a component on another application server. This > is a BEA server. If this is p...

Can service component call another component?
I have a service component written in Powerbuilder, it calls the method of another ActiveX component written in Visual Basic. When I run this service component via a client applicaiton, it works fine. But after I put it into service list of Jaguar server property tab, I got an error message in srv.log: " SRVLIB Message: 16253/10/0: srv_thread_props(): property SRV_T_USER not valid for service thread " And CreateInstance () function used to create an instance of ActiveX component failed. Is there any restriction for calling another component from within a service com...

Debugging one component calling another component
I am trying to debug following code. Client application calls function of_A() of PB 7 component A that calls functions of_B() of the PB 7 component B. int A.of_A () { 1 int rcode 2 rcode = B.of_B() 3 RETURN rcode } int B.of_B() { 1 ErrorLogging lel 2 GetContextService( "ErrorLogging", lel ) 3 lel.log("In the function") } On line 2 of A.of_A() the debugger hangs and never returns. If I put a break in the B.of_F(), the same story. If I run the code w/o debugger, I get "In the function" in my srv.log. I run PB7 bu...

Calling PB Component from a Jaguar Java Component
Hi, I need to call a PowerBuilder Component from a Jaguar Service, which is a Java/CORBA Component. I can call the PB component directly, and I can call it from an external Java application. I make the connection ok, but then, when making a call, I get the following exception: ################################################## n_scheduler of_Invoke getting report list JNI panic: native code used a wrong method ID to invoke a Java method at com.sybase.CORBA.local.OutputStream.write(OutputStream.java:29) at com.sybase.CORBA.iiop.Connection.invoke(Connection.java:1877) at si...

How to do a component containing other components
Hello, I try to create a Component from TPanel that contains a tool bar and other components my problem is to access to the tool bar at design time mainly to edit the menu allowing to add a button and after that to access the button itself here's my first version: class PACKAGE TPan_Viewer : public TPanel { private: TToolBar *ToolBar1; TButton* Bout1; protected: public: void __fastcall OnClickButton(TObject *Sender); __fastcall TPan_Viewer(TComponent* Owner); __published: __property TButton* Button={read=Bout1,write=Bout1}; __property TTool...

problem with a component that has other components
Hi ! I am writing a component that has multiple elements inside (edit, buttons etc). I started with TWinControl and then created inside TEdit and other elements. The problem: when window below my component is updated, the Edit does not repaint (looks transparent). Apparently I violate the paint message propagation ... Please help me! Also let me know if there are better ways to make such a control. Boris <Boris Epel> wrote in message news:310889@forums.embarcadero.com... > I started with TWinControl Consider deriving your main component from TPanel or TFrame or some other...

Web resources about - Components calling other components - sybase.easerver

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Samsung announces big profits for Q3 2015, driven by components business
... So beneficial was the weakened won that it translated to quarterly gains of approximately 800 billion won ($705 million), primarily from component ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Corvette Stingray gets optional Z06 components
Filed under: Chevrolet , Coupe , Performance Chevrolet announces a series of upgrades available for the Corvette Stingray derived from the equipment ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
Panel makers in Taiwan are calling on the China government to allow for zero tariffs on panel components due to Taiwan's weakening panel supply ...