Client Connection Information and Remote Stop Connection in Jaguar

In DBP, the PB functions "GetServerInfo" and "RemoteStopConnection" are used
to retrieve client application connection information and to disconnect a
client from the server application by the client application with
administrative privileges. But in Jaguar, we cannot use these functions to
implement the same functionality. For retrieving connection information, we
could use the functions "JagGetUserName", "JagGetPeerAddress", and
"JadGetPassword". How can I invoke these functions? I want to know which DLL
file I should call in the local external function and how to define the
arguments in these functions. Could somebody provide an example? The other
question is how to implement remote disconnection in Jaguar. Thanks!

Jihong

0
Jihong

not connected when I am connected

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

unable to connect remote connection
Server Error in '/Dive' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)   this is the error message I found when I run my asp.net application and the connection string as follows: <add key="ConnectionInfo" value="Server=(local);Database=Dive;Trusted_Connection=yes;" /&...

Remote connections work, Local connections don't !!!! This failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
This is really weird.  I am develping a web site on my local box pointing to a remote database.  It all works fine. Then, I migrate the site to that remote server (running IIS and SQL Server 2005), so that the site and the DB are now on the same server.. the SAME server on which the database resides to which I can connect from my local dev box.... and the connection does not work!!!!   This is the connection string I am using:<add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=xxx.xxx.xx.xx;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User Id=xxxx;Password=xxxx...

How to do ssh connection from client-to-remote machine1-to-remote machine2-to-remote machine3 and execute command on remote machine3
--f46d04428d2c35d56d04c801452a Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi All, I am working on an automation scenario, where the steps mentioned below are to be performed; 1. Script has to run on client machine. 2. Using the Perl script on client machine, we need to login to remote machine-1 using ssh protocol. 3. From remote machine-1, the script should login to other remote machine-2 using ssh protocol. 4. From remote machine-2, the script should login to other remote machine-3 using ssh protocol and execute a command, collect the output. Here limitations is we...

Query regarding connecting remote Jaguar Server from ActiveX Client.
Dear All We have installed powersoft Jaguar CTS 1.1.1 in two machines named misl25 and misl47. I am trying to develop an ActiveX Client using powerbuilder NVO. In the process I found one problem and which is stated below. I have created MYOleObject inherited from OleObject. I have declared an object employeeproxy of type OleObject. then what would be the value of Username,Password and Host for the remote connection. for example, My ActiveX client is installed in misl25 and I am trying to connect to Jaguar Server of misl47. If anyone has done that, Please help me immediately. Awaiti...

SQL Remote Connection not being seen, though remote connections allowed
HiI'm going insane.I have a club starter kit on my local server which is working fine.I have migrated the database to my remote host and seems to have transfered ok.For a brief period I was able to connect to the database remotely, but now I cannot I get the following, even though SQL Server Surface Area Config is set to accept remote connections.An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Pr...

Client Socket Connect or Pushing Information to a client
I am looking at developing an application that push information to the client to update screen changes (like a fun game site). I was able to put a tcpClient and it connects to the server and sends a message however never receives the response message. Is there a way using the tcpclient or another way with IntraWEB to push data back to a client from the server? > {quote:title=Steve Hodges wrote:}{quote} > I am looking at developing an application that push information to the client to update screen changes (like a fun game site). I was able to put a tcpClient and it connects to the...

remote connection from EAserver to remote web server
Does any one know what is the criteria to create a EAserver profile to connect to a remote web server. I need to deploy my web application to a remote web server. Any suggestion is a big help. thanks Nahid ...

Connect to remote server and connection string
 Hi frndsi develop application in which i have to connect to remote machine on the same lan.I have three Computer on Lan iin which main PC has static Ip an othre are connected through it I m deploying my application on main machin and want to access  sql server data base from other PC on the same LAN can any one tell me what are the setting i have to do and also what connection string i have to write plz guid me Thanks in advance and i will not forget to make mark ans to solution         Hi,http://www.connectionstrings.com/Connection string...

connection to remote client.
Dear , Please we have the following problem : ASE 12.5.3 E.E Windows 2003 Adv. Server One of our customers(Bank) has two domains in their WAN which are not trusted. When they try to connect from the remote domain to ASE it takes about 30 seconds. If they enter the IP address of the remote client in the etc\hosts file of the database server then the connection is very fast. There are thousands of clients so it is almost impossible to keep this practice. What can we do at the ASE level? Are there any parameters or options to set to the server connectivity in order to...

Connect to Jaguar from client
Can anyone tell how to connect jaguar server from workstation ( Windows 98) ?? I have install Jaguar in Server NT and powersite in Workstation. I want to develop powersite in workstation that connect to Jaguar Server ??? I don't no how to connect it ??? I have tried with Build "HTML Datawindow DTC Page ", when i tried to connect it give error "Communication failure connecting to jaguar server EDISERVER:9000,......." TIA Regards Daniel Fransius Daniel, Could you clarify a couple of things. I'm assuming that you have jaguar installed on an NT S...

connecting to remote Jaguar
When trying to connect to a jaguar server on another machine on the same network, we get the following error: org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST: minor code: 0 completed: No Does anybody know why this might be happening? Other clients on the network can connect to this Jaguar server, but we have this problem with this one client. Thanks, Jonathan Groves I saw this recently when I tried to connect to an EAS 4.1.1 machine with a 3.6.1 C2 version of jag manager. A. Jonathan Groves wrote: >When trying to connect to a jaguar server on another machine on the same &...

Remote Jaguar connection
Hi experts! I am in the proceess of learning to develop dynamic content applications for the web. I use IIS4 and PowerDynamo on my machine, and Jaguar CTS on a remote machine. This platform is essential to me since I use Win2000 on my machine, and cannot run Jaguar on it (I use ODBC... ). The PowerDynamo performs well with IIS - until I call a component on Jaguar. When this happens I get OS application error, and the IIS shuts down. The same happens when I use the personal web server which comes with Dynamo. My CLASSPATH and PATH values are configured right. Is there a Win2000 compa...

Web resources about - Client Connection Information and Remote Stop Connection in Jaguar - sybase.easerver

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

ACT anti-domestic violence boss calls for better information sharing across sector
... ACT government will seek to strike a&nbsp;balance between&nbsp;victim safety&nbsp;with privacy concerns as it eyes better ways of sharing information ...

Queensland weather: Latest storm warning information
PARTS of Queensland were hit by severe storms, with golf-ball-size hail in the Granite Belt Monday afternoon.

Magnetic protein may provide animals with navigation information
What do monarch butterflies, salmon, lobsters, bats, mole rats, and marine nudibranch mollusks have in common? As I'm sure you already knew, ...

Security researchers have discovered more information on how the Sony hackers managed to stay undetected ...
More details of the hack that wiped out Sony Pictures' computer systems and resulted in thousands of internal emails and documents leaking online ...

White House offers states more information on refugees
Governors are still clashing with the administration over whether to admit Syrian refugees into their states

VTech hack exposes personal information of 5 million adults and children
Another data breach? Won't someone please think of the children?

Is The Freedom Of Information Act Stifling Intellectual Freedom?
The time to be surprised about FOIA requests is over: Scientists need to be on their guard and harness this digital world for themselves.

THE NUMBER GROWS Nearly 1,000 Clinton emails had classified information
THE NUMBER GROWS Nearly 1,000 Clinton emails had classified information